AuthorTopic: Anime Music Video: "Hero (Remastered)"  (Read 3768 times)

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
Anime Music Video: "Hero (Remastered)"
« on: December 16 2005, 09:23 am »
About half a year ago I made my first Card Captor Sakura music video. It featured Chad Kroeger's "Hero", from the Spiderman soundtrack, and boasted footage from the first Card Captor Sakura movie.

It was given decent reviews, but the reason why it wasn't great was because of a few technical details. The whole presentation of the video seemed mechanical altogether, but worse still was the shrinked aspect ratio, which I had to change in order to fit into Windows Movie Maker, and the constant appearance of subtitles, which further detracted from the overall enjoyment of the viewer.

I have recently received a copy, unedited and unsubtitled, of The Card Captor Sakura Movie, I have created a, what they call in the movie industry, "digitally remastered" variation of the music video. With it comes newer special effects and a higher level of quality (hopefully bordering that of a DVD movie).

Not only have some new special post-production ideas been implemented, but the overall video has changed in many aspects. Certain scenes have been removed and replaced to give the viewer a better feel for the music video.

My original goal in this video was to represent the Card Captor Sakura movie in an understandable form, and make it appear interesting to anyone outside of the fancommunity. However, I knew this was a long-shot, so I decided to go for something else. To mix and match all the scenes in a way that made it captivatingly interesting, yet on a pace everyone could follow. I also wanted to make it an exciting romp for anyone to enjoy, even if they had already seen the movie. In order to do this, one thing I concentrated most on was the timing. Everything had to happen to a certain beat to the music. I'd time impending explosions to drum rolls, the explosion itself to a clashing of symbals, a pause in battle to a slower pace in the music, and the oncoming rush of hope to a slowly rising guitar riff. EVERYTHING had to match. This gave the music video an exciting and exhilirating feel to it that even the ones who've seen the movie 502 times, or if they hate Card Captor Sakura with a passion (EVIL HUMANS), could enjoy. I can't say I'm satisfied with everything, but there are certain scenes in the video of which I am extremely proud of. I have to appreciate my own work, after all.

You can download it at three different sites:

Hi-Res: Easy Sharing
Lo-Res: (Link Expired)

The hi-res version is 41.8 MB, and nears DVD quality at 640 x 480 pixels.

This video is inspired by Princess Kayla. Her videos may be found here.

Please watch and review. Any criticism, helpful tips, and flames will be greatly appreciated (er, the latter... not so much).

-----

Reviews

Quote from: "Chris" - The Anime Network Forums
"Goodness, I loved it, all the fading and well placement and such!"

Quote from: "Mac McFearson" - Digital Matrix Forums
"Brilliant. Well, brilliant might be too strong a word. It was tad on the slow side. Like... the scene right after the dream, when she finds that bruise on her arm. But the water part [where she was fighting the sorceress]... that was perfect. It helps that I like the song. As a whole I enjoyed watching it. Overall a good experience. Not overly anime-ish."
7 out of 10

Quote from: "Shinn" - The TUSD Anime Club Federation
"Oh [censor] dude. omfg. Your video... I [censor]ing hate you! How can you make a video that pwnage? Bastard."
(Nominated for The Tustin Unified School Disctrict Anime Club Federation's "AMV of the Year" Award)

Quote from: "Kitsune1412" - Anime-Conan Fansubs
"OMG! OMG OMG! This AMV you made is freakin' awesome! Oh lord, this is going into my favorites folder."
9.5 out of 10

Quote from: "Calm_Wolf" - WolfGaming.net
"That was pretty amazing. I'm not really even that much of a fan of that show, but it looked pretty cool."
8.5 out of 10

Quote from: Black Sheep - The TUSD Anime Club Federation
"I didn't enjoy it, but someone else could have. I can't base it on personal opinion; merely what faults I could find. I would have selected a different song, but that was pretty much it."
9 out of 10

Quote from: "_Kira_Freedom_" - The Anime Network Forums
"W00t! Awesome job man. Mind if you could gimme thw song too?"

Quote from: "Lindsay" - The Anime Network Forums
"Wow it is really cool and so pretty! Great job Takeru! ^^"

Quote from: "Caroline" - The Anime Network Forums
"It's very nice, Takeru. I think it was better than the original.
I also noticed that you added some extra footage, like Sakura getting ready for her trip... I also liked how you added the plane in there too.
All up, I think it's very well done. Keep up with the great work, Takeru! =D"

Quote from: "Chrono" - The Anime Network Forums
I liked it a lot... it brought back a lot of the good memories of when I used to watch the series.  I really liked the song you picked to go with it... it suited the footage really well.  Do you think you'd be able to send me the song?

Quote from: "Vale" - The Anime Network Forums
i like it. really. nice work. *gives high priority to the ccs torrent*

Quote from: "suu_no_clover" - CapturedWings Forums
Sugoi! I really loved it! (the high quality) It's one of the best-made CCS videos I've seen. I owe you a cookie for that one!

Quote from: "Kuro-puppy" - CapturedWings Forums
really good work, keep it up!

Quote from: "Fye-chan" - CapturedWings Forums
WoW that was awesome!!! Keep it up!

-----

Contact Details
AIM: TomokiHimi175
MSN: koujiminamoto114@yahoo.com
YIM: takeruyamamoto114
E-mail: takeruyamamoto114@yahoo.com

Sites featuring this video
The Anime Network ( Forums | Thread )
CapturedWings ( Forums | Thread )

Copyright © 2005 The Sons of Liberty

-----
« Last Edit: June 02 2006, 11:48 am by Takeru Â¥amamoto »
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
Re: Anime Music Video: "Hero (Remastered)"
« Reply #1 on: December 16 2005, 03:08 pm »
Sugoi! I really loved it! (the high quality) It's one of the best-made CCS videos I've seen. I owe you a cookie for that one! :keke:
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #2 on: December 27 2005, 04:03 pm »
really good work, keep it up! :noteworthy: :noteworthy:
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Fye-chan

• I respect your opinion. Just don't want to hear it!!!
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Open your eyes: see the things which are invisible
« Reply #3 on: December 29 2005, 05:11 am »
WoW that was awesome!!! Keep it up!
Please visit my:  Doujinshi ~ AMV's ~  My Shingetsutan AMV's

set made by .::ka::.

My lovely Forum Family <3 : 
older sisters - AkaiYuki, Sakaki 
brother - c3d   
little sisters - Director of Music,  rusty,  Zeldi
nieces - Cherry-chan,    sofiacardcaptors
special-german-sister: Kyo
twin sis - pretty

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 02 2006, 11:39 am »
XD Wow. It's been like... half a year.

Anyways, I reuploaded the video for a friend, and suddenly decided to revive all the threads on every single forum in which I posted this video. So if you haven't watched it yet, I'd appreciate it if you did. Thanks.
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.