AuthorTopic: Weapon of choice  (Read 14745 times)

Dragonia

Re: Weapon of choice
« Reply #20 on: April 14 2005, 11:12 pm »
i´d take Eriol´s staff coz i like it!

Offline Xiao Ying

• spell love? s-y-a-o-r-a-n..
  • Big Fan
  • I love SYAORAN..
« Reply #21 on: April 14 2005, 11:59 pm »
I would like Syaoran's sword but.... uh.. Sakura's wand is better for me! ahihihi!! ^_^

"Even if I do lose this feeling... I'll just fall in love with you again..."  - Syaoran-kun

"I'm just a kid.. and I have hardly any magic.. I always sleep in and I hate math.. I can't do anything right!"  - Sakura

Typical?

can you believe that i'm in love with an anime character?? - Xiao Ying

What will you do if suddenly the most precious person in your life wakes up and asks you "Who are you?".........ouch!

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 15 2005, 12:43 pm »
I'm a boy, and since I believe that swords are better for the visceral feel of the blade cutting flesh and not for spellcasting, I'd have to pick a bowstaff. Held in the same manner as a double-bladed sword.

There is one instance, however, in which Syaoran uses a card without his sword. Dash. He holds his two forefingers in front of his face while holding the card in his left hand.

(Click image to see bigger size)

I would use this technique and prioritize it over anything else, even a bowstaff.
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline cblossom

• Obsessed Fan
  • ccs fan allways
« Reply #23 on: April 15 2005, 12:51 pm »
I would pick staff for some reason I dont know why?
Well I do but I dont want to type it. It sounds silly anyways I think.
*I want to be different , so when I look in the mirror I see someone wirth wild.-Mulan (the movie)

*What do you mean your not lucky !*grabs and throws cricket in the air, then points to horse* and what are you a sheep! - Mushu from Mulan

*I can be who I want, I don't have to listen to other people or what they say about me. Im happy for who I am. I will LIberate my Dreams and Follow my heart.

*Lean on my when your not strong, I'll be the friend who helps you carry on.

*Simple and Clean is the way that ur making me feel tonight,it's hard to let it go. - The song Simple and Clean by  Utada Hikaru

*Revenge is a dish best served cold- Kill Bill

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 15 2005, 12:55 pm »
Personally, give me a morningstar or shruiken...now THOSE are weapons :)

Still like the Star Staff...

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Mirror

« Reply #25 on: April 15 2005, 02:22 pm »
Staff, no question...  I'd hate to try and use the Fly on a sword.  Ouch.
Vincent Valentine: I have nothing to say.
Yuffie Kisaragi: That's okay, it was probably depressing anyway.

Offline Eriol

• Something down there....
  • Super Fan
  • ~The Reincarnated one~
« Reply #26 on: April 15 2005, 03:04 pm »
Whoa!!This topic gone hotter than I thought,so I chose the staff because it's good when casting spells like Sakura does.The sword is good too but there are durability,endurance and carefullness when using it!!! :okay:
A mind is terrible thing to waste.

This is only the beginning,the beginning of the end!!

Impossible is nothing!!

Happiness is a warm puppy from Bartlett and also from Peanuts(Charles M. Schulz)

FlyFF character:
Enceladus ---->Elementalist/lvl 93(Never underestimate the power of Nature..)
SHaruhi---->Billposter/lvl 66+(It's clobbering time!!)

Offline Shinigami Zero

• The sword that cleaves evil
  • Mega Fan
  • The sword that cleaves evil
« Reply #27 on: April 16 2005, 06:39 am »
Well, I'd choose the staff if it was a little less showy.

All you really need is a good solid beating stick, right?
一刀!両断!!
"Single stroke! Bisection!"
我が斬艦刀に…断てぬものなし!
"There are none before my Zankantou... who have not been cleaved!"

Offline Fight_Card

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #28 on: April 17 2005, 03:14 pm »
Personally I would pick a bow and arrow . But if I had a choice it would be a staff in the shape of the sun, but I love swords too so it is hard to choose.

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #29 on: April 17 2005, 06:00 pm »
I would choose Syaoran's sword AND magic....like Takeru Yamamoto said, Syaoran can use magic without it...

Besides, the sword is just as good as the staff....you can still use cards with it...but you can use ofudas too. Plus you can cut down anyone in your way.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 18 2005, 01:18 am »
I would choose Syaoran's sword AND magic....like Takeru Yamamoto said, Syaoran can use magic without it...

Besides, the sword is just as good as the staff....you can still use cards with it...but you can use ofudas too. Plus you can cut down anyone in your way.

That said, keep in mind a few things about the staff and the sword:

1) The staff can transform into a sword, which powers is dictated by the will of the user. It has been shown to slice through solid rock!

2) The sword in theory can deflect the staff, though not for a prolonged period of time. It deflected The Sword and it can also hold of mystical attacks. The only way the staff can do that is to use The Shield.

3) Syaoran's sword can be used as a regular weapon, where as Sakura's staff MUST be activated from its form as a key.

4) Again, in theory, the staff can NOT be broken. Its mystical properties will not allow it to be broken into pieces (as I wrote in my fanfic story 'Arcademan: In the Cards...' when a villain tried to bend and break it only to have a backlash of magick smithe the villain). The sword, with its mystical properties may have the same thing but if it ran out of magick, it would most likely become another metal sword unless the metal itself was forged by magick.

Heh...just adding more fuel to the fire :wink:

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Lexi

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 18 2005, 01:40 am »

Yup, that's a good choice to have Syaoran's sword and his magic.  After all, you can't use the cards or ofudas with just the sword :sweatdrop:  (It might slice through it if you don't have magic :XD:)

Offline Syaokura

• Ceres Obsessor!
  • Super Fan
  • Ceres Obsessor
« Reply #32 on: April 18 2005, 06:17 am »
Weapon? I'd like to have telekinetic powers. LOL. Seriously, I'll take a sword because it looks cool. =3

Ava and sig by me!

Blog | LJ | Fanlisting Collective

Random Fanlisting of the Week: Alice 19th
Forum Family: lika-chi (niece) | OniiChan Touya (little sis) [Need more people in this!]

Please join my Island Adventure! RPG right now!!

Offline J-san

• Peekaboo o.o
« Reply #33 on: April 18 2005, 06:56 am »
I'd be more of a fan of the Staff, yeah they can both use magic but a staff can look so much neater =D Plus I'd be too afraid I'd cut myself with the sword, and I already have a sword that's pretty much the same ^^

Offline Keruberus

• New Fan
  • Great Clamp Fan!!
« Reply #34 on: April 18 2005, 09:18 am »
I think the staff is the best, because staffs are always related to magic and casting spells, and fighting with staffs is also cool!
Keruberus

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 18 2005, 03:38 pm »
I wonder how a lightsaber would work with magic.

Takeru: Fiery!!
Some Random Undisciplined Jedi: Whoa, that's crazy dude!! A force power that creates fire!!
Takeru: Uhm, sure, let's go with that.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #36 on: April 19 2005, 04:40 pm »
***There is one instance, however, in which Syaoran uses a card without his sword. Dash. He holds his two forefingers in front of his face while holding the card in his left hand.***

Ah, Syaoran is TOO cool!
And when he was doing all the practice moves in his room with the sword, that was awesome.

But...

I'd choose the staff. Yukito's staff in Tsubasa looks really cool.
Also Sakura's star wand is just really cute. :O)

And yeah, you could use it to fly if you had too.

OT: I saw a store online that sells wood swords for cosplay. One of those looked very similar to Syaoran's sword.

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 20 2005, 04:48 am »
You don't need a staff anymore. You can have it on your back, remember?

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #38 on: April 20 2005, 05:51 am »
The staff is obsolete...sword and magic covers it all!

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 20 2005, 08:51 am »
Swords are overrated. Nice for combat, not for spellmaking. And besides, the Sword[/color] card is a cheap weapon. I mean, you slash it, and its attack radius covers a huge distance. That's just freaking awesome.

I wonder if you can use it just for regular combat though... nothing too superpowerful.