AuthorTopic: [Gradius] The Myth behind the Living Legend  (Read 7128 times)

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
[Gradius] The Myth behind the Living Legend
« on: December 11 2005, 12:09 am »
(As a HUGE Gradius fan, it's one of my fanfics I am doing right now, the other one is in my signature)

THE MYTH BEHIND THE LIVING LEGEND

Quick Introduction...

1) THE ENDLESS BATTLE OF THE STARS

Since ancient times, the planet Gradius has been under attack against the Bacterion, an unknown, sinister lifeform aimed to decimate every living thing in the universe. Little did anyone know, this struggle has already lasted a millenia.

2) TECHNOLOGY AND THE CORE

Here's a report from the Gradian Space Defense Federation.

Date 112.10.4.2166

"Upon research, the Core device Bacterion uses is a different type of technology that fuses metallic and organic components making a living machine with the capabilities of what we can do and more."

"Our forces can't even break through the Core Shield this Core has created. Bacterion has pierced through our defenses many times, if it weren't for our atmosphere, our kind would have been obliterated."

"For now, Bacterion forces can't touch us, but they are adapting way too fast, we have to stop them before we all die."

3) LEGEND PROJECT (The prototype of the Legend)

Date 112.6.1.2188

Many years has passed after the first contact against Bacterion, the Gradian Space Defense Federation has begun the Legend Project.

With resources being dragged to the mud with each passing battle after battle, they have to move and make a weapon built to counteract the Core system of Bacterion.

With research painstakingly thorough, the research team noticed that the Core system can be wired through their computer and then control it. This led to believe how Bacterion controls the Core systems by using a frequency to produce them, reinforce or even split the Cores for a full assault.

With the frequency to be discovered, the research group designed the weapons that will soon to give a different frequency to dissolve the protective membrane the Core has.

But time isn't on their side, Bacterion is slowly adapting to the Gradius atmosphere.

4) VIC VIPER (The Living Legend)

Date 113.4.19.2220

The final phase of the Legend Project has ended and not a moment too soon, Bacterion has nearly completed it's adaptability program. The prototype fighter for the Legend Project...

T-101 Vic Viper

A day later, Vic Viper flew to the stars in a last ditch attempt to save Gradius from Bacterion...

And it suceeded.

Date 113.4.20.2120

For the first time, Bacterion has been obliterated by Vic Viper, though the huge victory is a huge leap of success to the universe, something disturbing has occured.

The last words of the primary Core, Bacterion itself has rippled through the hearts of Gradians.

"I am but infinite, I am but the end of existence, as long as existence exist, so am I."

This is a shock, Bacterion will never be destroyed? Is planet Gradius doomed on it's fate?

This is merely the beginning of the Legend of Planet Gradius and it's chronicles of the struggles they have experienced against Bacterion, with Vic Viper anything is possible.

This tale is one of those struggles, will this end? We do not know.

(Hello! The story is based on...)

Gradius III - The Myth behind the Legend

Gradius IV - The Revival

Gradius V - The Time Distortion (actually, it doesn't have a subtitle I just put it since it's the theme.

(I'll post screenshots as well as the story progresses! See you in Chapter One!)
« Last Edit: December 11 2005, 10:17 pm by Robin Sena »

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
Re: [Gradius] The Myth behind the Living Legend
« Reply #1 on: December 11 2005, 11:28 pm »
CHAPTER ONE - INTO THE SANDSTORM

"Good Morning." - The Vic Viper PC greets a young pilot.

"Already huh? I guess the Bacterion never wastes time messing with people's heads.

Date 116.12.10.2270

The battle of the stars emerged again after so long, and now the time has arrived once again.

"The Cores have evolved once again, now the Bacterion technology has evolved into a massive empire of moving parts. I just wonder why this consciousness decide to hunt living beings down. Maybe we'll never know."

"PROGRAM START. BEGIN COUNTDOWN."

T-202 Vic Viper, a newer version of the original Legend Project Super Fighter will be launched in a matter of minutes.

Tension mounts the people of Gradius, another battle will begin anew. It's like a nightmare they can't wake up.

"BACTERION CONCENTRATION HAS OVERRIDE THE SECURITY OF THE GRADIAN ATMOSPHERE. IT HAS COMMENCED IT'S ATTACK."

"Damn it!" - The young pilot climbs to the Vic Viper.

The time has come once again.

"LAUNCHING IN TEN SECONDS."

"Is it my time? I kinda been waiting for my death anyways."

Then, he thought about that girl.

"Then again, I can't die."

"FIVE"

"FOUR"

"THREE"

"TWO"

"ONE"

"Vic Viper T-202, taking off!"

Vic Viper launches to the sky, turning a new page of chaos and hope.

And there, a girl awaits what would happen.

PROGRAM START

CORE DESTROY PROGRAM HAS ACTIVATED

COMMENCE EXECUTION

And now, the new page of the Living Legend begins!

Gradius III - Densetsu kara Shinwa e (From the Legend comes the Myth)

click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #2 on: December 14 2005, 08:50 pm »
CHAPTER 2 - STAGE 1 - SAND STORM

"Check, everything is working fine."

The pilot checks the Vic Viper's systems in every angle, nothing seems to be damaged.

"Thank you for the check up." - The PC greets the pilot again.

"No problem, we better not charge into Bacterion with a broken up Vic Viper wouldn't it?"

"Well, I guess you're right."

Now only 10 minutes before heading to the first Artifical Planet the Bacterion Empire made.

"We're going to engage the enemy in about ten minutes."

The pilot looked at the stars.

"Well this is it. It's destroy or be destroyed."

PLEASE SELECT YOUR WEAPONS

The Weapon console is released.

The pilot selects Type 1.

"Let's begin with the basics."

"Understood."

TYPE 1 SELECTED

COMMENCE ATTACK

Vic Viper attacks the first planet!

"Whoa, sand."

The PC analyzes the situation.

"This Artificial planet is made of sand. The Bacterion has already made excellent progress with their technology."

Plenty of enemy forces began attacking.

"Let's show those fools!"

The battle commences!

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #3 on: December 19 2005, 06:46 pm »
CHAPTER 3 - The Core of the Sand

The more the enemies come, the more they die.

"The Bacterion technology increases every century, I doubt that your ancestors could handle them before if they're evolved now."

The pilot laments the coment the PC gave.

"Yes, I sadly agree. Technology is hard to evolve and somehow we just got lucky."

"It seems so." - The PC begins a new calculation.

"More of them!"

Vic Viper continues killing Bacterion forces until they reached a seemingly a dead end.

"Weird, no more?" - The pilot checked around.

But the PC sounded an alarm.

WARNING! A HUGE OBJECT HAS APPEARED!

"This must be the Core of this planet!"

MASSIVE LIFE SIGNS!

Data read...

GORAIASU - A sand being on this core.

Looks like this is our target.

PREPARE TO FIGHT!

"This Core has multiple spiders attacking at the same time as well as spines that can pierce the best ship hull." - The PC analyzes.

"We better avoid them."

Shooting lasers and missiles Vic Viper smoothly dogdes enemy fire and continues shooting the eye.

DESTROY THE EYE!

A minute later...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

"Whoa!"

The planet dissipates...

"With the Core destroyed, the planet simply just disappeared." - The PC comments

But they know it isn't over...

"More targets, let's go end this!"

Vic Viper flies to the next destination!

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #4 on: December 28 2005, 10:45 pm »
Chapter 4 - Time Towards The Aqua Planet

It's still around 200 minutes before Vic Viper goes to its next location which is an aqua planet.

The pilot conducts a research about the number of artificial planets Bacterion made.

"Ten planets! This is unbelievable!"

Vic Viper confirms the report.

"Yes, the Gradian Scentific Research Team confirms this report as well. Bacterion is dead serious about obliterating your kind."

The pilot wonders about it.

"This Bacterion, even after so many years we still couldn't analyze its mind. It's too hard to crack."

"Yes, the Bacterion data collected for almost a century still hasn't unlocked its inner mind. That living organism is such a sight."

100 minutes...

Vic Viper performs a quick check.

SYSTEM CHECK

WAITING

NO DAMAGE

"Well, I don't think we'll stay without damage for long."

Vic Viper agrees on the pilot's conclusion.

"I know, it's inveitable."

COUNTDOWN TO NEXT TARGET IN 60 MINUTES...

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #5 on: January 08 2006, 03:14 pm »
Chapter 5 - STAGE 2 - AQUA ILLUSION

The planet is a living Aqua Being.

Vic Viper flies to the planet itself.

It was greeted by Bubbles, alot of it.

"Bubbles huh? Seems Bacterion is getting creative."

The PC reads the bubble data.

"These Bubbles aren't ordinary, somehow these are also from the Core System as well. My data is not enough to further analyze their actual DNA structure."

Enemies!

Bacterion Ships again attack Vic Viper.

"Let's get a move on!" The pilot switches into battle.

MINUTES...

SECONDS...

COMMENCE DATA GATHERING...

CORE DATA UPLOADED, ANALYZING DATA...

PROGRESS AT 10%...

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #6 on: January 17 2006, 01:07 am »
Chapter 6 - Something Like a Blob...

Minutes later...

DATA GATHERING COMPLETED.

VIC VIPER IS ON STANDBY...

The pilot activates the Force Field to avoid damage.

"Good, analyze the data!"

The PC commences.

READING...

20%...

50%...

90%...

Bacterion ships continue to hunt down Vic Viper, the pilot evades the enemy fire, but cannot fire back since the PC is currenly analyzing the data.

"Okay, this sucks!"

The pilot continues to avoid the bullets.

100%...

COMPLETED THE DATA ANALYSIS...

"Good!"

The Force Field is turned off and Vic Viper proceeds to destroy the enemy.

"Okay, what's the report?"

The PC told the pilot...

"The data we see here is a usage of the Core System and the natural living components used in living worlds. The scientists already knows this fact but there's something..."

The PC pulls out a status screen.

"The data of this planet is an evolution, evolving as it slowly learns. No wonder they are scared of the Core System."

The pilot thinks about it for a minute.

"Evolution, Bacterion evolving. I knew this fact but this fast?"

The PC said...

"Yes, in fact my calculations reflect that Bacterion will be immune to Gradian Weaponry including Vic Viper in just a year."

"No! This is not good!"

Bacterion forces attack once again.

WARNING!

A HUGE CORE SYSTEM SPECIMEN HAS APPEARED!

"Let's worry about that later!"

Vic Viper attacks!

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #7 on: January 21 2006, 04:13 pm »
Chapter 7 - Space...

Minutes gone by...

"Whew... I thought I was goner." - The pilot said.

Vic Viper is able to eliminate the target with the help of an open Laser shot.

"Checking systems..."

50% CAPACITY

"The ship's capacity is down." - The pilot looks at the resource table.

"Yes. We took more damage than I have calculated." - The PC said.

Vic Viper continues it's next destination, onto the third planet.

"We better get the capacity to around 70%."

TESTING...

USAGE OF LASER IS NOT RECCOMENDED, SUGGEST USAGE OF RIPPLE LASER.

"Okay, switching now."

RIPPLE LASER SET

ACCEPTED

Bacterion ships attack.

"I admire their perkiness I would say."

BEGIN PHASE 3

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #8 on: January 28 2006, 11:49 pm »
Chapter 8 - UNDERGOUND

The underground section...

Vic Viper flies undergound to avoid most of the Bacterion forces.

ANALYSIS...

10%...

READING...

Laser hit the ship!

"Ack! Evasive manuvers!" - The pilot takes control.

The ships are destroyed, but more damage has been dealt.

"The Warp System isn't damaged but the Missile System has taken a hit." - PC asseses the situation.

"Great, we'll just have to use normal shots right now."

"Understood."

40%...

READING...

More enemies...

"Damn, they're so persistent!" - The pilot continues avoiding the attacks.

70%...

"There is a massive energy source just ahead." - The PC said.

"This is not good!"

Minutes later...

100%...

COMPLETE...

"This planet is a storehouse of certain Core components. The enemies you see here feature certain technology used by the Gradians."

"Bacterion seems to utilize this as a base to recreate Gradian ships."

The pilot is shocked.

"WHAT THE?"

"It's correct. The best course of action is we should destroy this planet as soon as possible." - The PC suggests.

Then, disaster occurs.

"Oh, crap!" - The pilot evades the lasers!

"This ship houses multiple laser batteries and allows it to fire them as much as possible."

The lasers ripped Vic Viper's shields!

RIPPLE LASER!

The laser destroys certain sections.

AVOID!

The ship is nearly hit!

SWTICH TO LASER!

"Are you sure you want to use it?" - The PC warns the pilot.

"Well, we don't know what will happen but I'm taking the risks!"

DESTROY THE CORE!

The laser pierces the Cores!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!