AuthorTopic: Christmas Time is near... and New Years  (Read 9046 times)

Offline Star

• "A True Fan"
  • ~Hyuuu~
Re: Christmas Time is near... and New Years
« Reply #20 on: December 08 2005, 01:37 pm »
Hmm.. What do we do for holidays... 
 Christmas,  Probably nothing,  Wake up open presents (if any)
 then watch Christmas specials all day long,   
Last year we had popcorn for supper  Lol
I'll hand out candy canes for my friends though,
 unless I get really inspired to make them a bracelet or something
As you can probably tell  my family doesn't really get into Christmas very much anymore

New years,  Get out the paper puncher and make paper dots all day long till our hands hurt
Eat cheese and crackers on a picnic blanket in the living room
then when midnight comes toss the dots everywhere, 
but be disappointed when we must clean them all up...
Perhaps this year we'll skip the dots  (shudders,  I very much hate dots now)

Wow  we don't do much now do we...
Star's Art     ~   KuroFai: Vote or Die       It's not sane......it's not sane

~Forum Family! ~
Big Brothers:  VexNet,  Kasawa Lanford  Auntie: Sakaki 
Big Sisters: Sayora Chan, bLuetopaz, Mozey-Chan  
Little Sisters: Akai Yuki (Dr. Pepper Buddy) Ruby-Chan, Zeldi
Cousins: Hori, DirectorOfMusic  Twin Sister: Quimmy
***If you're my family and you seem to be missing PM me please!***

Offline lost wings

« Reply #21 on: December 08 2005, 01:46 pm »
Santa Claus DOES exist and here's proof enough:

yeah you tell them! lol!

i love X-mas!  :inlove:
come on 25, 25, 25!
sitting in a dark room,
where there is nothingness,
i cry for you
i long for you,
i shall get you back,
no matter what!

moezychan

« Reply #22 on: December 08 2005, 01:57 pm »
Hehe, no, I don't. I found out the cold hard truth about Santa when I was....10, I believe. I stayed up all night and at about 2 in the morning, my mom came out and put all the presents in the stockings! I was like, "...dear....lord....no!!!!!!!!"
That was a depressing Christmas, haha.

I stopped believing when I was 8. It was a tradition when I was a child that I would go to my Aunt Diane's house every Christmas Eve for our family reunion on my mom's side of the family. Now we have it at a restraunt in the middle of December.

We went home, and I went to bed, but like any little kid, I couldn't sleep because I wanted to wait for Santa, and see what he really looked like! Well, around 12:00am, midnight, I heard a noise in the living room! I got really excited and I wanted to see if it was really Santa. I tiptoed out of my room and snuck down the hallway trying to be as quiet as a mouse. I reached the end of the hallway, my bedroom is the very last one down the hallway, and I peeked around the corner expecting to see Santa putting presents under the tree, but I didn't.

Instead, I saw my parents putting the presents under the tree. I went back to my room crying, because that's when I realized that there wasn't a Santa. One thing though, I will never tell a child that there isn't a Santa Claus. I could never do that.
Santa Claus DOES exist and here's proof enough:

Christmas in the Arcademan Universe

I've been reading this! It's very good! I still can't bring myself to believe in Santa though.

As for Christmas, I wake up get to open 1 present, eat breakfast, and get to go to Church. After Christmas mass is over, we go home and open the rest of our presents. For the past 5 years we would have a gift exchange where we pulled a name out of a hat and buy that person a present, because my older brother and I didn't have jobs, but now that my brother is gone and I have a job, we decided to buy everybody a present. I prefer it this way. It's much more personal!

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #23 on: December 08 2005, 02:44 pm »
Hehe, no, I don't. I found out the cold hard truth about Santa when I was....10, I believe. I stayed up all night and at about 2 in the morning, my mom came out and put all the presents in the stockings! I was like, "...dear....lord....no!!!!!!!!"
That was a depressing Christmas, haha.

Awww. That's sad. I don't even remember when I believed him St. Nick. O__O lolz. I'm pretty sure I did. There was this one Christmas, like the most recent one that was BIG! My brothers and I got presents from Santa. xD lolz. But we all know better. Like in the middle of the night, I went downstairs and see my parents and god-parents sorting little things out. And they were like "Oh. Go away! You can't look." I was like "O.. k" lolz. xD But I knew better than that! HAHA!!!

*nods* It's depressing. Because it's like a something extra for us all. Too bad my brothers don't believe in him. They never did since my parents hardly even get us presents even from themselves. O__O lol.

New Years! If I'm not doing anything this year, I'm most likely just going to go out with a bunch of people or ask them to come to my house. XD I did that a few years ago. Man was it a disaster!! ROFL!! I'll probably let them come over and just have a wild night. ROFL!!! xD

Or I could just go crazy on the forum wishing everyone a Happy New Year! XD
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

moezychan

« Reply #24 on: December 08 2005, 02:51 pm »
Or I could just go crazy on the forum wishing everyone a Happy New Year! XD

Oh! I forgot to tell what I do for New Years! It's our tradition to have our own little mini-party at home, with just my parents and my brother and sisters. Although now it's my parents and my sisters. We get a very large sub sandwich and drink some alcohol, and then count down 'til midnight. It's my own little tradition to get a bottle of carbonated water, go out on my front porch, shake the bottle and when midnight hits, I open the water dancing and yelling, "Happy New Year!"

I always have fun doing that!

Offline Strawberry

• cRAzY fan
  • Strawberries Are Sweet
« Reply #25 on: December 08 2005, 11:41 pm »
My birthday is in between Christmas and New Years day, so it is exciting for me because I will have a triple party this year ^_^
The only problem I hate about it is that I will grow 1 year older which I don't want to happen ><"
Do NOT under estimate the powers of strawberries

Saikou Ni Happy! Forum / NERV Forum

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #26 on: December 09 2005, 09:45 am »
Triple party! That must rock but I wouldn't want my birthday to be near Christmas. Usually people's presents are combined. -__-" Like my friends! lolz. But for my friend, who's birthday is next week, she gets a special something for her. :lol:

New Years means a new year and another year for us to grow 'older' and mature. *is shot* lolz. xD

New Year just means a whole new year full of surprises and new stuff waiting to happen. But I acutally dont' want that to happen. I know something BIG and not so good is going to happen next year to me. T__T As if life isn't bad enough!
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline Cherry-chan

• Glomping, swooning, stalking, kidnapping, he's been through it all - My Syaoran <3
  • "A True Fan"
  • Syaoran! Where!?
« Reply #27 on: December 09 2005, 10:07 am »
Christmas, as always, will be spent with my family :keke:

I love Christmas! We just put up the tree, lights in the hall, and fake green evergreen bush on the tv set! Haha! Tomorrow I shall be off to shop for Christmas presents! I'll try to buy all you people nice ones :tongue3:
Live life. And love Syaoran. - Cherry-chan
I miss you all, it's unfortunate that I haven't been frequenting this site anymore, but I will keep you all very dear in my heart
I'll try to visit as much as I can.

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #28 on: December 10 2005, 10:47 am »
Freaky...haha, I was reading the thread title when this song came up..."Christmas time is near..."

I'm going Christmas shopping later! Whee!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE CHRISTMAS!

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline .::ka::.

• "HUmp!" like Kuro-tan XD
  • Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
« Reply #29 on: December 11 2005, 10:26 pm »
Yay ! Christmas ! And I also made for me a Kuro christmas avatar too !!! *hugs Kuro*
- Starting from here - Let's make a promise - You and me - Let's just be honest -
Kurogane is <3

My Precious <~ down for a while >___>  | My Journal
Forum Family
My lovely little sis XD Kai Mizuki [/i] & Aya-chan[/i]

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #30 on: December 12 2005, 02:07 am »
just came back from my pre-Christmas holiday trip to Bangkok.. one word, NICE! had a great time shopping (and spending)!! *lol*

now, im counting down the days where i will join my friends to the New Year countdown at Kuala Lumpur!!

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #31 on: December 22 2005, 06:12 am »
Bump since I'm seeing others here posting similar topics.

BTW, for me it's a day off from work. Nothing more...nothing less.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

moezychan

« Reply #32 on: December 22 2005, 06:28 am »
I really love Christmas. I get to go to church, see my students, and spend the day with my family. The presents are a plus, but for me, the meaning of Christmas is not just the presents. It's a day of love, caring, and generosity. That's why it's my favorite holiday!