AuthorTopic: Christmas Time is near... and New Years  (Read 9047 times)

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
Christmas Time is near... and New Years
« on: December 08 2005, 09:39 am »
:icon_santa: *runs around decorating that house* Oh hey! *puts up Christmas tree* Wait a sec. *finishes everything else*

HEY! As you all know that Christmas is coming soon. xD hehe. I was wondering what everyone was up to.

My family is still deciding on what's happening during our holidays. I can't wait for the break though. Presents and vacation! ^__^ This year will be different because I have a lot more people to celebrate Christmas with. And they are... *points to everyone out on CW forum* Same with New Years!

So what's everyone up to? Dinner with the whole family? Vacation somewhere hot or cold, depending on where you are. ^__^

And I'm thinking of something special to do when Christmas and New Years comes closer. ^__^ But I'll keep that to myself for now.  :lol:
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
Re: Christmas Time is near... and New Years
« Reply #1 on: December 08 2005, 09:45 am »
*helps Lika-chi decorate* =D
I just adore the Christmas season! What I'm up too right now, is worrying if I'll have enough money to buy all my friends & family's Christmas presents  :sweatdrop: I go wayyy overboard when this time of year comes around.

For the family, we just go around deliviering presents to *distant* relitives. But the main family has this huge x-mas party and we all party, eat, laugh and exhange presents!  :icon_santa: We never really go anywhere during Christmas, just stay home and be lazy  :tongue3: But of course, I can't forget my CW family!! I'll defintily be on on Christmas day!! ^^

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline babypigggy

• o1_loserkid.
  • "A True Fan"
  • miyuki,sasaki
« Reply #2 on: December 08 2005, 09:45 am »
I love this time of the year! my fav month, and all the days are within this time!!
^_^

Well, new years..is like shedding and starting over  for some people, to keep some treasured memories and let some gooo awayyy.

xmas to me, is just..the spirit..makes me feelll ALL warm inside..this layout is making it happen as well..making mee feells all warms inside, all tight, filling all those empty spacess =)

everyyear my familyy gets together with friends and of course EATT (= soince i dont have family here, i gott friends ^_^

-- never too far.. no matter how far ..
theONE's[<3]:
twinKITTY;; Zeldi
bigKITTY;; pretty,Quimmy,TimeMachine,Nyoko,Møon Li,sofiacardcaptors,Moezy-chan,-=kuro_woof=-,Sya0ran,bLuetopaz,Shuinu,bie_liao,aishiteru,Ashlee
bigPUPPY;; vexnet, Kasawa Lanford
littleKITTY;;Fai, Cardcaptors_Ria, baby.piglet

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #3 on: December 08 2005, 10:06 am »
o.O That's cool! lolz.. I'm like Fai! Worrying about presents! I only got like 4 presents down. I still have a whole list to do. -__-" lolz. xD

I don't think I have enough money either! *worries*

YES! Everyone should be on when it's Christmas. ^_^
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #4 on: December 08 2005, 10:10 am »
I've got like half of my Christmas shopping done! I buy to many people Christmas presents, I think I get a bit to generous around this time. I start to hate myself a little  :lol:

Set by Hachi
~~~~~~~
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
~~~~~~
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
-------

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #5 on: December 08 2005, 10:14 am »
SAME! My Christmas list was soo long. I was going to give like everyone I knew in school something. Even if they weren't really friends with me. >_> But it's shorten now. I'm not rich enough to get many presents! T__T

I only got two presents! And both of them were pretty expensive. T__T One was my mom's and my youngest brother! I still have friends, other brother, and the rest of my family! O__O That's a lot to go!

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #6 on: December 08 2005, 10:27 am »
Hee hee. I love Christmas! There's so much candy XD!! No seriously, everyone in my school starts swapping candy, and then gets REALLY hyper about a week before christmas.
My family usually has a ton of decorations up by now, but this year we havent. We don't even have a TREE. :sweatdrop: Plus, I have just about $0 for presents this year... Is anyone else this broke?
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #7 on: December 08 2005, 10:29 am »
Candy?? lolz. That's crazy! My friends get crazy over candy when it's not even Christmas! :lol: Like me! We don't put up decorations. -_- But I want to. We have a fake tree.. somewhere in the basement. I haven't seen that tree in about 2 to 3 years. We haven't really celebrated Christmas in a long time. T__T

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• Dean Winchester is tied up in my closet!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • 100% Dean Winchester Obsessed!
« Reply #8 on: December 08 2005, 10:49 am »
I believe my Christmas schedual is this:
7am: Wake up and open stocking presents (even though we all know about the real Santa Clause). And until breakfast, play with my brand new socks (my stocking is always filled with toiletries, hehe)
9am: Go to my Auntie Diane's for breakfast. Yum yums.
12PM: Go back to house to open all the other ...err...one present. (Meh, I don't expect much).
After that, we play with our brand new socks and watch our new DVD. La-di-da.
7PM: Din-din with Grandma-ma. I get to listen to her complain about how much we all need counseling and I have to be "a good girl and start listening to my mother". Jeez. Happy Holidays.

Although the years before that were alot different. On my dads side of the family there used to be a huge Christmas party at my Great-Uncle John's and Great-Aunt Fernanda's house and everyone on that side of the family would come for dinner and games and such (even people would fly out from Ontario!). It was nuts, and a freaking riot! (Actually, I was only amused by my drunken cousin, Nancy who would run up to everyone and scream "You're so cute!" and bear hug them, hahaha! Although, I was a pretty messed up 6 year old after that, haha.).
But there was a huge fight among the family one year (something about a house in the Azores in a will and it was supposed to be shared among the family. But everyone was selfish and had different plans for it) and it never happens anymore. What a shame.

But we have more of a tradition on Christmas Eve. Goes something like:
KFC for dinner
Go to Christmas Eve mass at the church.
We used to open one present from under the tree before our presents went from cheap plastic to expensive gadgets. So that was cut out of the tradition, haha.
Then we watch two movies: Muppets Christmas Carol, and the Original Christmas Carol. I usually go to bed right after the Muppets, haha. Or I watch some random Christmas special on TV in my room.
Ahh Christmas. Crazy.
~--------~~--------~
Rest in peace my furry friend.
Cinnamon - November 15th, 1990 - January 21st, 2006
~--------------------~
-AV NOT made by me. Creater unknown.-

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 08 2005, 10:53 am »
Christmas...I can take it or leave it. Good memories as a child, not so pleasant ones as an adult. No lights or decorations at my house :)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Marina-chan

• Good Fan
  • YAY!! I'm back! Miss me?
« Reply #10 on: December 08 2005, 10:56 am »
I love chirstmas!!My fav. part is when we open our pesents and play videogames!!
-I do NOT tend to look distracted!Ohh,look! a butterfly!Um what did you say?Oh yeah.
I'M MONSERRAT'S IMOUTO!!_me

-Ice cream ice cream where art thou?
Compleatly blisssful and yummy too!!_me

-I'm pretty,beautiful,smart,kind,and above all humble!..Yeah right_ my dear onie-chan Monse!

Q: How do you recognize a team of Mutant Krawk that can't stand a Neo Flu?
A: When it's eating a cup of chokato on a stick !-me trying to play "the grumpy old king" in neopets

"Un internet?"-Timmy the Fairly Odd Parents

"What else could go wrong?"-Timmy the Fairly Odd Parents

Forum family=
Monse-Chan=oniechan
Tooya Mizuki=onichan

Offline babypigggy

• o1_loserkid.
  • "A True Fan"
  • miyuki,sasaki
« Reply #11 on: December 08 2005, 10:58 am »
@ Endoh-chan:Do you believe in santa? Are is presents and setting cookies part of your tradition too??

-- never too far.. no matter how far ..
theONE's[<3]:
twinKITTY;; Zeldi
bigKITTY;; pretty,Quimmy,TimeMachine,Nyoko,Møon Li,sofiacardcaptors,Moezy-chan,-=kuro_woof=-,Sya0ran,bLuetopaz,Shuinu,bie_liao,aishiteru,Ashlee
bigPUPPY;; vexnet, Kasawa Lanford
littleKITTY;;Fai, Cardcaptors_Ria, baby.piglet

Offline Time-Machine

• We're all worms, but I do believe I am a glowworm.
  • Donators
  • Great Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 08 2005, 11:07 am »
Christmas is going to be nice because my brothers are coming home from college and I miss them ^_^

We always open one small present on Christmas Eve, and then the morning we open our remaining presesnts (of which there are few. I'm getting something from my sis this year and three connected presents [connected: for example skis, ski-boots, and ski-goggles, but I know that's not it because I hate skiing and it makes me mad that my family makes me go every year.] I have no idea what it is, but I know it's three connected things. And that's all I'm getting. Everyone generally gets 5 or less presents) then we just lounge around and watch movies and stay in our pajama all day.

And then New Years I always go to this overnight party that my friend holds. It's probably my favourite day all year. We've all told her that even if one year she decided she wasn't going to throw a New Year's party, we'd just show up at their house anyway ^_^

Which is true, because last year she tried to cancel it and it ended up happening anyway.

Special thanks to Kiramiki for the pic in my siggy and avatar!

Forum Family
little sisters: babypigggy, Quimmy
big sister: Moon Li

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #13 on: December 08 2005, 11:17 am »
I don't know what I'm doing for New Years.
It's always something different each year.
Last year I had a few friends over and we went down the beach (I used to live right in front of it haha), and we just screamed the countdown (starting at 5 minutes, haha. People were getting pretty annoyed).
Then we just stayed up playing drinking games with the little wine my mom let us all drink and then sodas for the rest of the night, haha!
And...errr...the rum my brother snuck in. Nasty stuff when you drink it straight, haha. [gag]
~--------~~--------~
~--------------------~

Offline Eriol

• Something down there....
  • Super Fan
  • ~The Reincarnated one~
« Reply #14 on: December 08 2005, 11:40 am »
What I do when Christmas and New Year arrives near,just preparing for our Christmas(Noche Buena) and New Year feast and waiting to my mother in other country to greet her also and turns midnight,we eat together with my family.Simple but it's awesome!!!:okay:
A mind is terrible thing to waste.

This is only the beginning,the beginning of the end!!

Impossible is nothing!!

Happiness is a warm puppy from Bartlett and also from Peanuts(Charles M. Schulz)

FlyFF character:
Enceladus ---->Elementalist/lvl 93(Never underestimate the power of Nature..)
SHaruhi---->Billposter/lvl 66+(It's clobbering time!!)

Offline Moon

• Ninja!Princess
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #15 on: December 08 2005, 11:45 am »
For Christmas, in the morning is stocking and presents. When we head off to my grandmas house (my mom's side) and have christmas dinner, watch a movie and then present time! Whee! In the past, we've done to my other grandmas house ( dad's side ) and did the whole christmas thing there. Hehe. Either my dad or uncles would dress up as Santa.

As for New Years, I'm now going over to a friends house. It's fun. We have this ten-count, ten goals to get accomplished before the year is over and extra ones given by friends. ( So, roughly 17 goals. ^^; It's alot, yeah.. but the tasks are either random or just plain fun...sometimes even a personal goal or whatever. )
Icon made by animeneko_chan @ lj.com

Forum Family

Fai and Zeldi are my cousins.
Sayora Chan is my onee-chan.
KuroPuppy and Tooya_Mizuki are my Onii-chans.
aishiteru is my Imoto-chan
suu_no_clover is my  Imoto-chan/Yin.
Lexi is my cat.

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #16 on: December 08 2005, 12:28 pm »
Heee I forgot what I do for New Years! The family usually comes and we have a countdown till the new year. It's really quite a lot of fun! ^^

Set by Hachi
~~~~~~~
~~~~~~
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
-------

Offline Eriol

• Something down there....
  • Super Fan
  • ~The Reincarnated one~
« Reply #17 on: December 08 2005, 01:01 pm »
Yup!!!!When strikes 12 mdnight,the beautiful and colorful fireworks coming to sky with shining colors,it's very awesome view!!!:hehe:
A mind is terrible thing to waste.

This is only the beginning,the beginning of the end!!

Impossible is nothing!!

Happiness is a warm puppy from Bartlett and also from Peanuts(Charles M. Schulz)

FlyFF character:
Enceladus ---->Elementalist/lvl 93(Never underestimate the power of Nature..)
SHaruhi---->Billposter/lvl 66+(It's clobbering time!!)

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #18 on: December 08 2005, 01:08 pm »
@ Endoh-chan:Do you believe in santa? Are is presents and setting cookies part of your tradition too??
Hehe, no, I don't. I found out the cold hard truth about Santa when I was....10, I believe. I stayed up all night and at about 2 in the morning, my mom came out and put all the presents in the stockings! I was like, "...dear....lord....no!!!!!!!!"
That was a depressing Christmas, haha.
~--------~~--------~
~--------------------~

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 08 2005, 01:34 pm »
Santa Claus DOES exist and here's proof enough:

Christmas in the Arcademan Universe

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!