AuthorTopic: Disease?  (Read 11320 times)

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
  • Sorry I was inactive due to a stomach infection.
Disease?
« on: April 11 2005, 05:34 am »
Do you have any genetic or lifelong diseases? (stupidity does not count XD)
I'm just curious.
I have one. I'm Albino.
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
Re: Disease?
« Reply #1 on: April 11 2005, 05:36 am »
o.O

not that i know of, i don't THINK i'm diseased...

although i love teh comedy show "your all diseased"
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 11 2005, 05:47 am »
o.O
not that i know of, i don't THINK i'm diseased...
although i love teh comedy show "your all diseased"
*hopes this topic won't offend anyone*
Oh, i see *what to say...feels awkward*
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #3 on: April 11 2005, 05:48 am »
i don't Think anyone will be offended, everyone here seems pretty easy going ^^

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 11 2005, 05:51 am »
That's good ^^
My Senpai reccommended this forum to me!
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #5 on: April 11 2005, 05:54 am »
ooh cool, who would that be ?

Offline pinklacus

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #6 on: April 11 2005, 05:04 pm »
I've mild thalassanemia. Thalassanemia is a hereditary anaemic disease in which patients cannot produce enough red blood cells for normal body functioning. My mum and my bro are also carriers. Up till now, it doesn't really affect me much.
There is no such thing as coincidence. All that is, is inevitability.  -- Yuuko (TRC)

Offline Tune

• i want a simple and easygoing life~
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #7 on: April 11 2005, 09:51 pm »
i have a genetic muscular-skeletal hereditary deformity....i thinks its called lari-well syndrome (i bet i spelt wrgly..) the skeletal of my arms and legs are shorter than most ppl, and i inherited this fr my dad (not that i'm happy about it...), juz unluckily, i have this deformity worse off than my dad, he looks stocky but i'm quite the improportion, my body seems taller than it needs to be compared to my legs or arms...& i'm the 1 to get this 25% chance of deformity yet my younger brother by 3 yrs is so much taller and normal.

to say the truth, i cant really tolerate ppl who are typically normal yet dont do the best they can in their lives...like my brother who is perfectly normal and juz what i wanted to be: normal, yet he wastes his life away with disreguard of my parents care for him, his disrespect for every1 but his school friends whom i saw as "not good" & his laziness in his studies.

i can really feel ppl stare at me and sometimes young children look for 3 seconds at me and chatter away to their parent/s...life is juz unfair....

i remembered once that in primary school, this deformity is not so prominant in me, so i look quite normal and in fact, i swim very well, at age 10, i achieved my gold qualification cert for swimming, i can run fast and maintain stamina in PE lessons and often came in 1st in a continuous race & i had time to turn back and look at others run towards me while fr my memories, the 2nd place was won by another girl who looked extremely pale and vomited and had to be sent to the sickbay later...then when i grew, the deformity became more prominant and i cant keep up to the pace because my legs are bowed & short, i need more strides to eqivilant juz 1 stride taken by my average classmate.

i tried to find a "cure" to this deformity but the only way is to operate on the bones of my arms and legs, breaking them and held apart, allowed to regenarate, then broken again and so on...this obviously needed much time to allow the healing and $ for hospital fees, + there is no confirmation that this "cure" can be successful as the bones can bow back...i was well ready to go, i dont really care about other factors really but my parents are the 1s who held me back in the end. even now, i wonder if i could really gain a better life if i had that option then, i could well have even the slightest chance what so ever to being normal...

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #8 on: April 11 2005, 11:13 pm »
i juz found out the correct spelling: leri-weill syndrome

singapore is very jugdemental on looks, i dont think i'll have a nice time looking for jobs..

Offline pinklacus

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #9 on: April 12 2005, 03:17 am »
sometimes people are like that. They don't treasure what they have now, a normal healthy body.
There is no such thing as coincidence. All that is, is inevitability.  -- Yuuko (TRC)

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #10 on: April 12 2005, 03:23 am »
yea...since the news states: 1 in every 5 singaporean women will get cancer in the future, i guess every1 wants to be healthy yet "too" healthy, thats y we get new diseases & such, because of humans' abuse of anti-biotics that cause bacteria to have immunities and eating habits that cause other leading health probs

Offline Espo

• 100% S+S Lover <3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • sakura x syaoran
« Reply #11 on: April 12 2005, 06:16 am »
I don't have a disease, though my younger brother is autistic.. autism is when someone is born with brain damage, kind of like disabled. There are several forms, capability, communication, etc. My brother is communication. Everyone looks at him like he is a wierdo, someone less capable than others; because he talks like a small toddler. Soceity rejects people who are differant.

Though noone is normal. We say its normal so we feel better, but really it isn't. No one is normal. Everyone is unique. It's just the majority are a certain way, so they say those who are in the majority are strange, stupid, etc.
It's not supposed to feel this way,
I need you, I need you, more and more each day
It's not supposed to hurt this way
I need you I need you I need you
Tell me..
Why...

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #12 on: April 12 2005, 09:30 am »
autistic?? is that autism?? haha cuz i'm not sure.. but we had a little fundriser for it at skool..

hmm i hate it wen ppl think poorly of others that have sum kind of disorder.. or they're not acting 'normal' like just today after skool.. my frewns were talking about this guy that was playing badminton against them.. how that guy wasn't normal.. and i'm like oh my god..

well neways.. hmm i don't no if i still have it but i have high cholestral.. hmm did i spell it rite.. haha i had it wen i was like TWO!! haha but i probably got better.. but i got it from my mom's side.. *sigh.. sad.. but it doesn't really affect me or nething..

hmm i mite get diabetes wen i grow up.. from my mom.. *sigh.. so sad..
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #13 on: April 12 2005, 11:59 am »
diabetes is awful, it can really lead to lots of other diseases so take care of your health :)

really, i think that children born with diseases and such have no right to be blamed or being looked at differently, but the world is full of healthy ppl born without diseases yet they dont make the best of their lives. and theres the fact that since the world is advancing so fast, its often the ppl burdened with diseases and such who are held back and this leads the fast advancing society to belittle them.....

and about albino...i read it in my biology lesson once before, razeasha, are you immune to malaria? coz its in that textbook that albino is a mutation in the genes of ppl who live in wide-spread malaria-stricken countries like africa and such. up till now i cant imagine that being albino is being struck with a disease...it kinda pops up to me as an evolution for the better :)

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #14 on: April 12 2005, 12:01 pm »
WHOO!! too many big words.. headache.. haha.. and yea thks tune.. i'll watch my health.. XD
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #15 on: April 12 2005, 12:23 pm »
i heard theres a type of chocolate other than bitter chocolate that diabetics can eat :) in singapore, quite a large fraction of ppl are diabetic and therefore singapore has quite adapted to the intakes of diabetics, like less sugar and stuff. :D

about high cholestrol lvl...i've also read about that its not shown in the body's fats but runs in the bloodstream so it becomes difficult to get rid of, diet must be precise...my mom's boney but she has high cholestrol too, she doesnt eat red meat much, uses less oil in her cooking and uses only olive oil which is healthy. i'm sure that diabetes and high cholestrol can be overcome~ :)

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #16 on: April 12 2005, 12:39 pm »
well i no the basic stuff that i'm not suppose to eat a lot of.. haha but it's ok for me rite now.. cuz nothing big will really happen but it's just that i watch wat i eat rite now

Offline Razeasha

• Resident PUCK! ^_~
  • Big Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 13 2005, 06:51 am »
Aww, Tune, I don't care about how you look, and nierthe should anyone else!
Oh, I forgot to say albinism is a loss of pigment in skin and hair and sometimes eyes. people who are albono usually don't see well or are completely blind. there are other complications too, but i won't get into that...
What I've noticed is that peple with disabilities seem to discriminate against others alot less than the normal person, because they know how it is to be different...
sometimes it's hard to tell my friends and family apart from strangers...
ALL IN ALL
People with disabilities in my opinion, are just people with more charachter. we may have lots of varied struggles from disability to disability, but we all have to work a little harder for what we want, and that makes us strong! Never Give Up!
I love everyone!!!
= 3

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #18 on: April 13 2005, 10:52 pm »
yea~thats what makes us want to strive harder and reach further than any1 else~ :)

Offline Mirror

« Reply #19 on: April 14 2005, 03:34 am »
Seasonal affective disorder is my only malady, fortunately.^^
Vincent Valentine: I have nothing to say.
Yuffie Kisaragi: That's okay, it was probably depressing anyway.