AuthorTopic: [TRC] Episode 9 : Bewitching Woman  (Read 7525 times)

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
[TRC] Episode 9 : Bewitching Woman
« on: June 03 2005, 09:58 am »
Tsubasa Chronicle: Episode 09

This is the discussion topic for Episode 09 of TRC.
It will be unlocked after the episode has aired.

This episode is titled: Bewitching Woman

-Episode has aired, topic unlocked.
« Last Edit: June 11 2005, 08:35 pm by SLi »
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
Re: [TRC] Episode 9 : Bewitching Woman
« Reply #1 on: June 04 2005, 08:50 pm »
(I'm starting to sound jaded in my posts I think.  :sweatdrop:)

Posted on my site:

Something I've realised while watching the anime is that I get the same feeling watching it that I do within the last 5 minutes of an episode of 24. The "You've only got a few minutes left! Hurry up!" kind of feeling. However, I get this feeling about halfway through an episode of Tsubasa.

After about 15 minutes of just dialogue, the viewer starts to realise that there won't be enough time for them to get Sakura's feather, defeat the bad guys and travel to another world. Hell, when the second half of the episode is MORE talking even in the "action scenes" there's not enough time for them to even meet the bad guys! It's strange because the still images in the manga of Kurogane and Fay's fight scene felt faster than the moving, animated version. :( The anime seems to being going for over-the-top dramatic poses and cliched plots (ala a certain girls dead mother coming back to talk to her daughter next week) rather than just telling the damn story.

I don't mind that it strays from the manga really. It's just that in this case, every time they stray seems to slow down the pace for little cliched character moments that seem to do nothing to advance the plot or character development.

The music was great however and the animation A+. Plus it was a little faster paced than last weeks but still, again, not much happened besides them entering the castle and a trade sequence with Yuko (great to see her again and made me realise that they never gave Yuko an apple in the anime Hanshin arc!)

Still no sign of Miyuki.

Next ep looks to be good. I'd say it feels like the last ep of this arc but who knows? They may drag it out further.

I'm really think this series would rock on a marathon. Episode by episode, it just DRAGS!!!
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline lumizstar

• ~Song of Peace~
  • Former Staff
  • Super Fan
  • ~Peace and Tranquility~
« Reply #2 on: June 05 2005, 02:45 am »
0.o You watch is locally in Japan >.< Cool >.< I'm really jealous :P

BTW, Episode 9 RAW on Saiyaman is just out. Go and grab it ^^.
If you can dream it, you can do it.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.

~Walt Disney

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #3 on: June 05 2005, 01:39 pm »
This episode was ok. I was really disappointed by their reactions when Yuuko appeared from Mokona's jewel  -_- . Music was awsome as always, but their faces, especially Syaoran's, still remain expressionless! Kurogane's expression improved alot though. The effects and art were great, but I there were a few flaws. Ne...Syaoran's foot doesn't look burned at all.
Overall, the episode was so-so. I agree with Brad-sama, they should really put in more action and tell the story! I wish they showed Mokona swallowing the staff whole, instead of the staff turning into a little shining ball and then swallowing.
The preview of episode 10 looks pretty good though,  can't wait^^

Offline .::ka::.

• "HUmp!" like Kuro-tan XD
  • Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
« Reply #4 on: June 05 2005, 03:26 pm »
Oi oi, Mokona's so big ^___^""""  :heh:
I don't like the art in this ep, Syaoran's face is all the same  :dodge: Why they have to repeat those moments ?! It makes the epi boring  :sad5:
- Starting from here - Let's make a promise - You and me - Let's just be honest -
Kurogane is <3

My Precious <~ down for a while >___>  | My Journal
Forum Family
My lovely little sis XD Kai Mizuki [/i] & Aya-chan[/i]

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #5 on: June 05 2005, 09:42 pm »
This episode was ok...but it needed a lot more work. Like you said, his leg didn't look burnt, and the expressions harly seemed to change...even the eyes stayed flat looking.

But the music was still very good, and it was fairly entertaining.....

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #6 on: June 06 2005, 05:51 am »
just wondering.. is Kiishimu, Chun Hyang's real mother? im a little confused.. and since she was trapped in the castle by the evil lord.. why didnt she help Syaoran and the rest to defeat him instead...

at a part where Sakura was smiling at Mokona.. (Mokona saying pretty flowers), Sakura looked more cheerful / happy at side glance.. but when she faced Chun Hyang, she looked sad again.. *doh*!

i thought Yuuko was a little mean, whenever they need help from her, they have to give up something precious.. cant she just help them.. kinda greedy..

Fye and Kuromin were as good as usual.. as for Syaoran, he remains expressionless.. probably because he's on a mission to collect the feathers so gotta be serious.. too serious..

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #7 on: June 06 2005, 12:45 pm »
You should read more of xxxHolic for more on Yuko's feelings on helping. It basically falls to keeping a balance in power. For everything she does, there must be a cost.  :wink:

I'll say Kiishimu isn't her mother. I don't think that spoiled much. Judging by the preview they've changed the story a bit from the manga next episode.

I think I'll do a director's cut of this show and edit out all the crap.  :rotfl:
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline SandSLover

• Big Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #8 on: June 06 2005, 08:32 pm »
Found this episode okay aswell- not that much s and s :(- but I loved how they showed how the 3 guys cared about eachother.  :hello2:
Loved how kurogane protected syaoran, how fai was understanding and told syao to go, and how kurogane flung him to freedom- and the part I loved- was how kurogane protected fai!! Awwww!!  :D So sweet!! “that hurt!!”
Also on the expressionless syaoran- I just read the manga again- and it seems that syaoran has neva smiled- fai notices this and tells syaoran to smile more on their nxt world- so mayb they deliberately made syao expressionless- to show the sadness within him- but after the nxt world- there will be more expressions? If anyone gets me! Lolz  :sweatdrop:

And I agree- they seem to go at a slow pace- hopefully this means there is going to be 100 seasons!!  Lolzz well more than 1 season at least!
Cant wait for nxt episode as usual!!  :okay:
"There are no such things as coincedences, only inevitability"

Offline Sya0ran

• :: You're my Paradise ::
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
« Reply #9 on: June 07 2005, 05:30 am »
The episode was ok.  What bothered me as you guys said was that the burn on Syaoran's leg didn't seem to affect him at all.  >>;  xD I also want them to have more expressions...it suits them better but overall, I liked the ep.  The episodes drag on and on though... :heh:
"I am totally happy and not dangerous mostly."

Forum Family
Little Sis:  Babypigggy <3

Zephora.Net | Amourae.Com | TRC Fansite | SasuSaku Shrine | Myspace | Fanfics

Offline Ken-Chan

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #10 on: June 07 2005, 12:57 pm »
but it seems to me that he only step on the water... his foot did not even submerge into the water and his foot  got hurt...

Offline windytree

• a Hundred Smiles for you forever and always
« Reply #11 on: June 07 2005, 05:42 pm »
haha yeh WatCHing this Episode was goood, but yeh i had the same feeling of NOOOO they aren't going to find the next feather!!!!!

I realLY want them to find more feathers faster coz this non smiley and lively sakura is getting to me! LOL!! THougH of cOUrSe i stilll love her!! ILOL!!!!

Anyway, SyaoRan is of course super cool and all, though ever since Sakura's losss of memories he's become such a serious and unsmiling guy too!! i miss those blushes from Syoaran and his loss for words! LOL!!!!!!

And Of COurse!!! Mokono is SOOO adORable!! hahah How funny is it when he pops up from syoaran's shirt! MuHAHAHAH!!!

Anyway!! LOVed it And can't wait til ep 10
If i can take a star for everytime you've made me smile. Then all the stars in the sky will be in my hand. And if stars can really make dreams come true, i will give each and every star to you.

Offline AiKo

• ~* Curious Koneko *~
  • "A True Fan"
  • M as curious as a cat~ nyahn~
« Reply #12 on: June 07 2005, 11:57 pm »
Another okay eppie for me... I still wish they could add more emotions/expressions and action :dodge:
Wai~~!!! :3 :cat: i wuv cats :cat:

warauKuro-rin

« Reply #13 on: June 08 2005, 04:42 am »
I agree with everyone: Syaoran is so expressionless. That is probably what irks me most. But overall, I really liked this epi, and can't wait for the next!

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #14 on: June 08 2005, 06:52 am »
I think this has got to be my favorite episode so far!
The music was awesome, the animation was awesome, they got to the fight scene and it isn't over in one minute!!

They left in the dialoge that I wanted to hear, especially when it came to Fai!
We got to see Nokoru, Suoh and Akira!

I think it's just getting better and better.
The animation on the fight scene with the woman is amazing.
And that eyecatch with Kurogane!! SO COOL.

I really think they picked the perfect Seiyuu for this series, they are all really awesome. Fai especially.

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #15 on: June 09 2005, 03:22 am »
I liked this episode also. The manga was much better, but this episode was good by comparision, though.

Bad points
-Nobody seemed to get hurt, even when the acid rain started falling. I loved it in the manga when Kurogane and Fay were all ragged and scarred and still fighting.
-Still moving slow. This weeks and last weeks episodes could have been cut down into one. (Actually they could have skipped last weeks altogether. Having Sakura go into the castle and then come out again was kind of pointless)
-I just don't get the funny humor that was there in the manga, even when the dialogue's the same. Probably because no one ever makes funny expressions...

Good points
-The fight scene was nice, and they kept most of the same dialogue. Kurogane protecting Fay and Syaoran was cool. ^^
-Fay got to do his fake whistle. ^^;
-Nice animation, nice music, nice voice acting
-Ooh, I thought I recognized Nokoru there! (were they in the manga, too? *<-- hasn't read vol. 4 chapters*)

Watching this right after reading volume 3 has probably made me biased. >< But I still enjoyed it more than some of the other episodes.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #16 on: June 09 2005, 04:05 pm »
***-Ooh, I thought I recognized Nokoru there! (were they in the manga, too? *<-- hasn't read vol. 4 chapters*)***

Yes, Nokoru, Suoh and Akira were there and are also in the manga.
I think we may see them again in the next episode.
In the manga the come right after Syaoran and his group leave.