AuthorTopic: What is your take on Uniforms?  (Read 8917 times)

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
What is your take on Uniforms?
« on: October 04 2005, 01:46 pm »
What's your take on uniforms in school?

My personel opinion:

Being that I went to a private school for my grade school years (Kindergarden to 9th grade, and yes, 9th grade was reconized as elementary at my school...) I'm more than used to wearing a uniform, I've never had any reason to go against it nor do I have any reason not to right now

Uniforms, at least for me, show a since of learning. A student goes to school to learn and take in the knowledge that a sensei gives them

Back in my high school days (I went to a public high school for my 10th-12th grade years) I didn't care about showing off stuff, I went to school to learn, not to show off some fashion sense (as you probably can figure out, I wasn't one of the 'cool' kids at the school... more like one the 'enforcers')

Back in grade school, our uniform used to be plain.. black pants and a white shirt (YUCK!)

Then our student council forwarded a request to the headmistress and it was approved.. we got new uniforms, nothing anywhere near the anime type (DARN!!!!) but they where cool none the less, at least they where different from the one's sold in most stores and such.

For more information on uniforms: Manual on School Uniforms

Anywho, our uniforms where unique in a way that they we where required to have our name, grade and class number on it (we had a wrist band that featured those three items) this was used so that students who got lost could easily find there way around (and students got lost a lot)

One unique thing about our school was that it furnished the uniform, but it also furnished another item that you could only get FROM the school and only if you where enrolled from the K grade (the wrist band for example, you weren't given it if you started in the 1st grade onward) our school rarely had any new comers past the K-grade

but, anywho, back to the subject at hand:

My belief, is that uniform should be presented in all schools.. however.. make them more stylish, something that the students would actually enjoy (I know what most females here will say, put in the uniforms used in the anime, CCS for example  :wink:  :tongue3: )

But, time to let you all talk, what's your take on this subject?

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

Offline KawaiiHana

• Big Fan
  • RAWR!!! =]
Re: What is your take on Uniforms?
« Reply #1 on: October 04 2005, 02:00 pm »
>_< I remember doing a whole debate on this issue last year but now my mind is kind of at a blank....
My personal opinion is that uniforms should be used in schools...
(a definite plus on making them more fashionable ^_^)
but it does help the learning environment.
Students wouldn't be made fun of because of their clothes or shoes...but also helps their family save tons of money.

About two years ago our state was thinking about using school uniforms in school....but I'm not really sure where that topic went to. o.o;
~*Forum Family*~
Moonflower121- Little Sister
moezy-chan - Big Sister
Sayora Chan - Cousin
charme* - Big Sister

Offline Moon

• Ninja!Princess
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #2 on: October 04 2005, 02:11 pm »
Personally, as I attended high school there were often times I wanted to wear a uniform. It seemed easily for me to choose what I'd wear everyday and during the weekend, I could wear whatever I wanted. But, at the same time, I did enjoy being able to dress how I wanted ( but there were the usual dress-code rules enforced all the time ).

Plus, having spirit days were always fun. I could come to school on a monday in my pajamas and then the next day, dressed as though I was going to have a vacation to Hawaii. ( There were times I didn't do the spirit days, mostly because I didn't own anything that would fit the day. )

So.. I don't mind uniforms, really. I wouldn't have cared if I had to wear them in school. I kinda liked the style.. I mean, for my first anime con I dressed as a school girl.

But, the sence of freedom that we can wear what we please ( with a few rules ) I actually like better.
Icon made by animeneko_chan @ lj.com

Forum Family

Fai and Zeldi are my cousins.
Sayora Chan is my onee-chan.
KuroPuppy and Tooya_Mizuki are my Onii-chans.
aishiteru is my Imoto-chan
suu_no_clover is my  Imoto-chan/Yin.
Lexi is my cat.

Offline Saiyuki

• Wish on a star...
  • New Fan
  • No matter what, keep on dreaming.
« Reply #3 on: October 05 2005, 05:39 am »
I think we should wear uniforms for all the reasons we've heard a million times. Like not being judged by what clothes you wear, and not having to spend time on deciding the clothes we need to wear.

And yes, i am one of the girls who thinks our uniforms should be like the ones in CCS.

I've never worn a uniform to school,  but i think it would be awesome too (if they're stylish).

Offline Director of Music

• Musicians Make Better Lovers
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Department of Diagnostic Medicine
« Reply #4 on: October 05 2005, 08:15 am »
Im not the type to go for uniforms.  The fact on having girls wear skirts..well Im not a fan of that.  Although uniforms show a more enforced kind of school enviroment, different clothes show different personalities.  Though I must say...the world has gone real ******....Now, if uniforms for girls were shirt, and pants, sure I'll go for it.  Shirt and skirt?  No way.  What I hate most though, are those popular people at school (im not one XD)  Who buy like a 300 dollar shirts, to wear it at the most maybe 2 times.  Just to show off  Its like, "I DONT GIVE A CARE WHAT YOU WEAR!"  =3

Offline Okamirei

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #5 on: October 05 2005, 09:20 am »
Uniforms? hn, depends on what kind. I absolutely hate american school uniforms, because the girls' consist of skirts! x_x
I love the boys' japanese high school uniforms though, the black ones that Watanuki and Doumeki wear. ( and Syaoran! xD)
I have a liking to orchestra uniforms and soldier uniforms too.   :sweatdrop:

...as long as the uniform doesn't have a skirt/dress..I'm tolerant with it. That's the tomboy in me  :sweatdrop:

Offline Monse-chan

• Love is like a cherry blossom...
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Love is like a cherry blossom...sweet and delicate
« Reply #6 on: October 05 2005, 09:30 am »
For me uniforms are ok. But I really hate the skirt we have to use on special ocassions!!  :XD:

The gym uniform we use is quite ok, it is even comfortable, and I don't have to worry about buying sport clothes for gym class.  :lol:

I was used to using unforms, but this last two years I don't wear uniforms every day. It was much more comforatble to know what you  were wearing each day. Now I repeat almost all my clothes over and over again because I don't know what to wear....  :sweatdrop:
  :bunny: *** My Forum Family*** :bunny:
Imouto-chans: Beautiful Maddie-chan, Zeldi-chan,and Marina-chan
Onii-san:[/b] KuroPuppy
Onee-chans: Charme-san, wise and funny Miss Endoh, and Ralea-chan
My lovely and wonderful tia: Moon Li
Lovely avatar and siggy made by my dear auntie Moon Li!!! Arigatou!!
[/i]

Cherry Blossoms dance around you.....
[/i][/b]

Offline xOLight_AngelOx

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 05 2005, 10:57 am »
i think its good to wear uniforms b/c it will take the girls a long time to figure out what to wear to school.

Offline Monse-chan

• Love is like a cherry blossom...
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Love is like a cherry blossom...sweet and delicate
« Reply #8 on: October 05 2005, 10:58 am »
i think its good to wear uniforms b/c it will take the girls a long time to figure out what to wear to school.

That would be me.   :sweatdrop:

Another reason to wear unforms is that that way, people that have not enough money to buy *fashion clothes* don't get laughed at by *cool people* (I really hate that kind of people!!!)  :angry:

It is just that everyone is the same.
  :bunny: *** My Forum Family*** :bunny:
Imouto-chans: Beautiful Maddie-chan, Zeldi-chan,and Marina-chan
Onii-san:[/b] KuroPuppy
Onee-chans: Charme-san, wise and funny Miss Endoh, and Ralea-chan
My lovely and wonderful tia: Moon Li
Lovely avatar and siggy made by my dear auntie Moon Li!!! Arigatou!!
[/i]

Cherry Blossoms dance around you.....
[/i][/b]

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #9 on: October 05 2005, 01:32 pm »
There's something else to consider when it come's to uniforms

My private school had a week called "Reversal Uniform Gender Week"

You should have a general idea of what it meant  :tongue3:

Most of us male's really hated that week (we didn't have to take part, but still, we hated it because of waht it was about.. but still.. it WAS funny to see the reverse result!  :rotfl: )
« Last Edit: October 05 2005, 01:59 pm by Kasawa Lanford »

Mark of the Catalyst

Offline silvertsukuyomi

• New Fan
  • oooh...it matches that pink layout.
« Reply #10 on: October 05 2005, 02:46 pm »
School uniforms went mandatory here a few years back.  But each school got to choose the uniform and girls could wear pants if they chose to.  For my middle school it was:
Khaki pants or skirt w/ a purple polo or button down shirt.  A black or brown belt white socks and brown or black tennis shoes.

in high school:
khaki pant (as long as they weren't of a denim material) or a blue green and yellow plaid skirt (skirt's obviously jsut for girls but agian girls could wear pants if they wanted to).  A navy blue, light blue, or white polo or button down shirt.  white socks.  a black or brown belt if you wore pants (though most of the kids didn't wear a belt at all..including myself on some occasions).  white socks.  and teh grey and black saddle buck shoes or brown shoes or black shoes...

and in either school...they didn't care about hair color or anything...so guess what we all did.  at one point in time...my hair was a very bright pink.  Trust me I've seen all colors...even a forced grey.

but the uniforms were good for their reasons and everyone knows those already.  But they should definately be made more stylish.  and to me the schools should pay for them if they make them mandatory.
And if we all had uniforms like the anime ones...they'd be so cute!

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #11 on: October 05 2005, 02:49 pm »
Most schools do buy there uniforms from another supllier*sp*, but I also know of one school here in the state I live in that actually make's THERE OWN uniform, they don't buy them from anyone .. however I can't answer HOW they make them

I wonder... would it even possible to incorporate the anime uniforms into ACTUAL school uniforms? How hard do you think that'll be all things considered?

Mark of the Catalyst

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #12 on: October 05 2005, 03:41 pm »
the advantage of having Uniform is you need not fuss what to wear each day... :hehe:

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #13 on: October 07 2005, 07:25 am »
Moved out of sub-forum to main Anything Goes

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #14 on: October 07 2005, 09:46 am »
Hmm..My class also had a huge debate on this.
My opinion is that school unifroms would be okay. It would be less of a hassle to figure out what you're going to wear everyday. Plus the 'cool' people that have the coolest clothes, would be put on the same level as everyone else. You would spend less on clothes because you're going to be wearing your uniform almost the whole week.
But I think it goes the same for me as Okamirei, I prefer to wear pants to skirts/dresses. ^^

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline Cherry-chan

• Glomping, swooning, stalking, kidnapping, he's been through it all - My Syaoran <3
  • "A True Fan"
  • Syaoran! Where!?
« Reply #15 on: October 07 2005, 10:16 am »
Hehe, Fai, I too had a debate on uniforms in school.

Well, uniforms aren't really that bad. Actually, they're pretty good considering all the stupid !@!%$#$! (aka people if you can call them that) in my school who judge people on their clothes and have something against you if you don't wear brand name clothes. I find uniforms as equalizers. My school was considering uniforms before, but too many people complained. Blah blah blah They make as seem like a private school blah blah blah they make us look like we're stuck-up (but they already are) blah blah blah it's so expensive and all the other c***.

Uniforms wouldn't be bad. But regular street clothes are fine, too. Especially if you believe strongly in "expressing your true character and personality through your clothing". Whatever's "comfortable and clean" is fine. That's my motto. Also, "Wash it and Wear it". Hehe.
Live life. And love Syaoran. - Cherry-chan
I miss you all, it's unfortunate that I haven't been frequenting this site anymore, but I will keep you all very dear in my heart
I'll try to visit as much as I can.

Offline Kay Hearts

• *Nyan~!*
  • Big Fan
  • I´m a cute penguin ^-^
« Reply #16 on: October 07 2005, 10:26 am »
Here in Mexico 90% of schools wear uniform no matter if its public or private education. For most of my education years (kindergarden to junior high) I used a Uniform and didn´t really had anything agains them while on winter they let us use pants under the skirt :P I´m not a very fashion person and found uniforms really comfortable since I didn´t have to think about what to wear everyday heheheh :D

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #17 on: October 08 2005, 08:06 am »
It sounds geeky, but....I quite like my uniform.  :sweatdrop:

Navy sweatshirt
White poloshirt
Black torusers

Quite dark, and not that bad either.....I think that uniforms are a good idea, because they give a sense of unity, and stop the teasing that is bound to happen if you wear your normal clothes to school...some people just can't accept that even if they don't like the style, it's your choice.

Over in England, I'm pretty sure that 99.9% wear uniform from age 5-16.....it's only in college that we can wear what we want.
« Last Edit: October 09 2005, 07:01 pm by Ruby Chan »

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Strawberry

• cRAzY fan
  • Strawberries Are Sweet
« Reply #18 on: October 09 2005, 06:46 am »
Over in England, I'm pretty sure that 99.9% wear uniform from age 5-16.....it's only in college that we can wear what we want.

Yep, thats true, when I was in primary school we can wear anything we want but they started toi introduce uniforms to be recongised more easily. I reckon that it will be 100% of schools will have to wear uniform.
However not every College in England allows you to wear anything you want. My friend Karen goes to a sixth form college and she has to wear uniform during her A levels. The uniform makes me look at her like some secondary school pupil lol.

Anyway I finish school about 4 years ago and my uniform was a white shirt, navy blue cardigan, navy blue skirt (in summer) or navy blue trousers (in winter), a navy blue and yellow striped tie, white socks and black shoes.
Do NOT under estimate the powers of strawberries

Saikou Ni Happy! Forum / NERV Forum

Offline Alexiel

• Formerly Angelic-Essence
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #19 on: October 09 2005, 07:04 am »
Uniforms? hn, depends on what kind. I absolutely hate american school uniforms, because the girls' consist of skirts! x_x
I love the boys' japanese high school uniforms though, the black ones that Watanuki and Doumeki wear. ( and Syaoran! xD)
I have a liking to orchestra uniforms and soldier uniforms too. :sweatdrop:

...as long as the uniform doesn't have a skirt/dress..I'm tolerant with it. That's the tomboy in me :sweatdrop:

I agree with this. =3

I couldn't stand the uniform from elementary school... it was so... lame... especially the red tie... *shudders*

Offline mallow

« Reply #20 on: October 09 2005, 09:30 pm »
Recalled back, my was a sailor like dress in different shades of blue when i was in nursery, a red and white checked dress in kindergarten, light blue blouse and darker shade of blue of pinafold in primary school and CHIJ uniform in secondary.

Now, I in polytechnics, you can wear anything u like with some rules like no tube, spageti, sleeveless, slippers. You can do a 'fashion show' u like, plan the clothes u like to wear for the week. But for me i hate to dress up it is a pain for me every morning to open my wardrobe to think of what to wear. As compared to the others who dress up , put on make up I look completely ugly and sluggish....I prefer the days where everyone 'looks' the same.

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• Dean Winchester is tied up in my closet!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • 100% Dean Winchester Obsessed!
« Reply #21 on: November 11 2005, 04:22 pm »
I think uniforms would make my mornings alot easier, haha!
But I've always been in Public schools, so I've never had to wear a uniform
~--------~~--------~
Rest in peace my furry friend.
Cinnamon - November 15th, 1990 - January 21st, 2006
~--------------------~
-AV NOT made by me. Creater unknown.-

Offline SasukeRocks

• Super Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 13 2005, 10:22 am »
I hat them. I had to wear the in 4th and 5th grade.
Never again. That's why I'm happy my middle school got rid of them before I started going there.