AuthorTopic: A Change to User Registration  (Read 10932 times)

Offline Shiunu

• I've got a hole in me pocket!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
Re: A Change to User Registration
« Reply #20 on: January 31 2006, 11:58 am »
I'm glad that you all are making a change in administration. It's a great idea. It will help keep this board clean. Nice idea!

Little Sisters: bie liao, babypigggy, Fai, and Okamirei
Fellow Beatle Fangirl: hoshisenshi ^^
Cousins: Hikari_Blaze, aishiteru, Moon Li
Me and bie liao are in love! We never give up on our guys! <3

Offline Sohru-san

• Sakura Syaoran Li
  • Good Fan
  • "I love Syaoran! Syaoran, you're my #1!"
« Reply #21 on: February 01 2006, 04:28 am »
I don't see how pending a member will help prevent spamming if they never signed up on the board unless they're just trying to sign up again for some reason when they were banned.

A lot of you are saying how "serious" we should be about this message board. We do need to abide by the rules, but don't forget, message boards are supposed to be fun communities too, that's the point of them. Message Boards aren't supposed to be taken seriously. At least, not the way you guys are putting it. If we all took message boards too seriously, then no one would want to join.
Anime Dreams - An Anime Role-play site that involves CardCaptors Sakura and Tsubasa!

Precious Memories - The younger version of Syaoran and Sakura in TRC RPG, Card Captors Sakura Continues  RPG, Revelations - The pairings include MeilingxSyaoran, TomoyoxEriol, SakuraxYukito, etc. RPG

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #22 on: February 06 2006, 02:59 am »
A lot of you are saying how "serious" we should be about this message board. We do need to abide by the rules, but don't forget, message boards are supposed to be fun communities too, that's the point of them. Message Boards aren't supposed to be taken seriously. At least, not the way you guys are putting it. If we all took message boards too seriously, then no one would want to join.

I don't really think rules take away all the fun from communities like this. It can actually even help make it a good place to stay. As long as the rules are just fine and not too strict then I'm sure it wouldn't negatively affect the community.
 Trust me.. I'm not a very strict person myself but I believe that any growing community will, at some point, need to draw lines on what is allowed and what is not. But don't worry because we will never impose rules for no good reason. We always consider the positive and negative effects of the rules we give here. :wink:

On a related note, a draft of the new rules has been done. I expect the final draft will be published here this week after further discussions by the staff.
 Sorry if I sounded "too serious" there again, couldn't help it...  :heh:

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #23 on: February 06 2006, 03:13 am »
I don't see how pending a member will help prevent spamming if they never signed up on the board unless they're just trying to sign up again for some reason when they were banned.

Rules are there for a reason...not to cut down on fun but to assure that fun won't be ruined by those who feel otherwise. I don't think the rules here are strict and if people felt otherwise, we wouldn't have well over 1,000 members join in less than a year so somebody's doing something right.

If you think it's 'too serious' here then all you have to do is not post here anymore. Not being mean about it...being real about it :wink:

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline littlekitty

• remembering only days that weren't granted to us
« Reply #24 on: March 19 2006, 02:27 am »
I think this is an awesome policy. I'm a newb, and my registration had to be approved. I remember thinking, "Hey, that's awesome. They really care about their forums to do something like that." Thumbs up.
"Even if I was created to serve one purpose alone, I do not regret being born into this world." -Garland, FFIX

Forum Family! :P
Little sisters: ~Emethyst~, wishingstarx
Aunt: Møon Li

Offline Hikari B.

• "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #25 on: March 19 2006, 07:11 am »
I'm okay with it. It's a good way to assure that there's no spammers who ruins the forums. ^__^

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #26 on: March 19 2006, 09:52 am »
I think this is an awesome policy. I'm a newb, and my registration had to be approved. I remember thinking, "Hey, that's awesome. They really care about their forums to do something like that." Thumbs up.

Thanks for understanding. One of the reasons behind it was when somebody was banned from here, they kept using different user-names to get back on. We try our best to keep things fun and flowing here :)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!