AuthorTopic: CCS MV  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Link

• Good Fan
  • Link-sama-san-chan
CCS MV
« on: September 07 2005, 09:40 pm »
A few weeks ago i made this CCS AMV to the song, "Die Another Day". It turned out quite well and i was proud of myself for it! Wanna check it out? Go to: http://rapidshare.de/files/4478996/Die_Another_Day.wmv.html
I hope you like it ^^

-EDIT-
For those who cannot get Rapidshare to work properly... Here's a YouSendIt link:
http://s42.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=35PAHT9RXEEEB1RK9DQHFBS70T
« Last Edit: September 08 2005, 08:27 am by Link »

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Re: CCS MV
« Reply #1 on: September 07 2005, 09:53 pm »
That was really good! Some of the best action moments from CCS, with good timing! Brilliant!

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Link

• Good Fan
  • Link-sama-san-chan
« Reply #2 on: September 07 2005, 09:55 pm »
*hugs* I'm glad you like it!!!!! I worked really hard on it ^^

moezychan

« Reply #3 on: September 08 2005, 07:43 am »
You have good reason to be proud of this video! It was one of the best in my opinions. Granted, I usually like to download only S&S music videos, but I was quite taken by it, and that rarely happens for me! The scenes suited the lyrics very well, and it explained the series very well. I also loved how it was shown from Sakura's POV. I don't know if you made it to explain Sakura's quest, but if it was meant for that, you did very well. For giving me another well made video to add to my constantly growing collections of CCS AMV's, I'll give you a cookie! You deserve it for such a job well done!

Offline Link

• Good Fan
  • Link-sama-san-chan
« Reply #4 on: September 08 2005, 07:55 am »
You have good reason to be proud of this video! It was one of the best in my opinions. Granted, I usually like to download only S&S music videos, but I was quite taken by it, and that rarely happens for me! The scenes suited the lyrics very well, and it explained the series very well. I also loved how it was shown from Sakura's POV. I don't know if you made it to explain Sakura's quest, but if it was meant for that, you did very well. For giving me another well made video to add to my constantly growing collections of CCS AMV's, I'll give you a cookie! You deserve it for such a job well done!
lol I did not mean for it to explain Sakura's quest, but I'm glad it turned out that way ^^ Again, I am happy that you enjoyed it, and thanks for the cookie!

Offline Moon

• Ninja!Princess
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #5 on: September 08 2005, 08:27 am »
Good Job! *nod* Yup,Yup. You get a another cookie! hehe!  :D
Icon made by animeneko_chan @ lj.com

Forum Family

Fai and Zeldi are my cousins.
Sayora Chan is my onee-chan.
KuroPuppy and Tooya_Mizuki are my Onii-chans.
aishiteru is my Imoto-chan
suu_no_clover is my  Imoto-chan/Yin.
Lexi is my cat.

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 09 2005, 01:35 pm »
I really liked it. Haven't heard Die Another Day in forever, and I don't even like that song much, And yet, I thought the video was extremely impressive.

The opening was nice. It started off kinda slow, switching scenes in well-timed bursts. I find video/audio timing and syncronization an incredible part of a good AMV, and you did excellent in that part. No lie. The video progressed at a faster rate further in, and I enjoyed it as it got faster. You did a pretty nice job working with the lyrics and picking the right scenes to match them, something I noticed half-way through the video.

But each video is not without its faults. I'm not sure if I can safely assume this to be your first AMV or not, but it seems like a first-time effort. While pretty good, there are a number of mistakes that newbies usually make often. Such as 2-millisecond-length video scenes, where you catch a glimpse of something completely outside of the current focus. Usually in scene transitions. Also, the fades weren't used too well. Some of them were too fast, and the video footage that they connected too short, making it hard to notice either sides of the video footage unless pausing. One more thing I noticed was how the scene organization was... well, there wasn't any. It was a mishmash of random scenes, many of which were too short, and there were too many card casting scenes especially. The one part where you had her do it multiple times in three different costumes was something I really liked and it was basically awesome and fit the music, but other than that one exception, most of the card casting segments were a little repetitive.

Regardless, all in all, the video was excellent. I'm not the kind of person who judges the AMV on if I like the song or not. Unless it doesn't have anything to do with the video, or it just doesn't fit the scenario. Like, listening to Happy Days in an action AMV. That's kinda dumb. But that's not what you did. I might not have liked your music, however it was a great choice, you used it right, and I couldn't have done better with the same music.

The verdict: Apart from a lack of focus and small errors, the excellent timing and good music choice do so much to make up for it. 8.5 (based on a 10 point scale)

AWESOME. You definitely got the skills to do this right. Maybe you might need to redo this one a tiny bit, for a better presentation. But work hard, and you might be the most talented AMV artist this forum has to offer.
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Link

• Good Fan
  • Link-sama-san-chan
« Reply #7 on: September 10 2005, 07:34 am »
thanks for all of the constructive comments ^^ I'll be sure to work on it

Offline rtexal

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #8 on: September 12 2005, 12:29 am »
i can see the effort to get videos from all over the ccs episodes !
i am really impressed by your effort to make such a nice video. definitely one of the best in my CCS collection.

Offline Link

• Good Fan
  • Link-sama-san-chan
« Reply #9 on: September 12 2005, 04:37 am »
Thanks rtexal! I'm glad you like it

Offline Lacus

« Reply #10 on: September 13 2005, 11:56 am »
wow! really really nice! i really liked it!

Mrs. Kira Yamato....the one and only :D

Offline Fye-chan

• I respect your opinion. Just don't want to hear it!!!
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Open your eyes: see the things which are invisible
« Reply #11 on: October 05 2005, 07:53 pm »
WoW That was so awesome!!!
*huggle you for that*
Because the beat get me and I'am active when I see it I'll give you a cookie!!!!
Please visit my:  Doujinshi ~ AMV's ~  My Shingetsutan AMV's

set made by .::ka::.

My lovely Forum Family <3 : 
older sisters - AkaiYuki, Sakaki 
brother - c3d   
little sisters - Director of Music,  rusty,  Zeldi
nieces - Cherry-chan,    sofiacardcaptors
special-german-sister: Kyo
twin sis - pretty

Offline Little Star

• Good Fan
  • I should smile? that's exactly what I do
« Reply #12 on: October 07 2005, 07:50 am »
Really really good!!!

the scene's transition is excellent and the scene's action are very good

.::Sakura No Yokan::.    .::Lost Tsubasa Web::.  
I should smile? that's exactly what I do   ---free butterfly ...    Thnks for the cookie ^^ I'm very happy

Offline MichelleSV

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #13 on: October 11 2005, 09:39 am »
WOW! I just SAw it WOW thats all i can say really really Good