AuthorTopic: Your opinions on Eriol?  (Read 4969 times)

Offline aktorist

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
Your opinions on Eriol?
« on: September 21 2005, 08:39 am »
Well, ignoring his looks, what would you judge on his character?
He is a schemer... (but I could say that his schemes are without scruples)
He erases everyone's memories periodically...
So, what do you think?
 Posting useless posts.

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
Re: Your opinions on Eriol?
« Reply #1 on: September 21 2005, 10:39 am »
He erased Sakura and Yue's memories, once each mind you....

Secondly he schemed for Sakura's well-being, he knew if he told Sakura eveything, she wouldn't be as determined to stop him and transform the cards. Also, Sakura had to transform them with a purpose. So, Eriol provided a purpose, and that was too try and stop him. He also knew that if the cards weren't transformed, they would 'die', he also knew that the cards were really special to Sakura, and he knew if the cards weren't there anymore, Sakura would be sad. He wanted to help her, his intentions were good, he did the right thing, he did everything any one would do.

I think Eriol is very kind, and wise. He thinks about the bigger picture, he doesn't scheme, he merely tries to use methods that are unseen to people so there are better results. He cares about Sakura and her happiness, which he shows plenty of times.
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline aktorist

« Reply #2 on: September 21 2005, 10:56 am »
Okay, let's go over what we know about Clow's scheme:

Clow manipulated his reincarnates to do what he wants. In turn, his reincarnates manipulated their reincarnates into doing his bidding.

Clow gave Sakura the cards for his own well-being. He searched for someone to use the cards, because he did not want them anymore.. He found Sakura. He put the book there, and broke the seal himself. Perhaps he even got Fujitaka and Nadeshiko together for the sake of Sakura. Who knows?

So Eriol did such dangerous stuff that threatened Sakura and her beloved ones for the pure sake of making the world's strongest mage. His intentions were to make the world's strongest mage.

Why did he want to make the world's strongest mage? He wanted to see the future. However, ones who have that power, would lose control, so he needed to transfer that power to Fujitaka so he can use it. However, he needed a third party to complete the transfer, someone powerful, so he made Sakura.

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #3 on: September 21 2005, 11:01 am »
I think that's bull.

Tell me where Eriol said that? Tell me where Clow died because he wanted a strong mage? I want proof, because I dont remember that, nor do I even remember watching the bull you're serving me.

Eriol didnt want to see the future, please read the damn manga and watch the damn show, carefully, I watched/read everything, and I Dont remember ERIOL SAYING ANYTHING LIKE THAT! You're making stuff up! I want proof, at least I gave you pictures to prove my point about Syaoran, so I want images, transcripts, manga scans, give me proof and perhaps I'll even consider it.

Your opinions aren't good enough.
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Monse-chan

• Love is like a cherry blossom...
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Love is like a cherry blossom...sweet and delicate
« Reply #4 on: September 21 2005, 11:05 am »
I don't really like Eriol that much, since he made Syaoran-kun make a fool of himself a couple of times, but he is wise

AND erased memories for GOOD. Please, tell me truthfully if you read the manga or saw the anime, because it seems

that you only have negative things to say about the characters!!
  :bunny: *** My Forum Family*** :bunny:
Imouto-chans: Beautiful Maddie-chan, Zeldi-chan,and Marina-chan
Onii-san:[/b] KuroPuppy
Onee-chans: Charme-san, wise and funny Miss Endoh, and Ralea-chan
My lovely and wonderful tia: Moon Li
Lovely avatar and siggy made by my dear auntie Moon Li!!! Arigatou!!
[/i]

Cherry Blossoms dance around you.....
[/i][/b]

Offline aktorist

« Reply #5 on: September 21 2005, 11:13 am »
Or perhaps Clow just wanted to get rid of the cards, and had Eriol do that for him. And it was ERIOL who broke the seals, meaning that he wanted to give Sakura the cards in the first place, without the consent of Sakura.

And why did he give the book to Sakura? To make the world's strongest mage.

Offline Monse-chan

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 21 2005, 11:16 am »
The book wasn't given to Sakura!! She found it, ok? And even so, she was the right person to find the book, since Clow

had perfectly planned everything to work out. If he gave Sakura the oportunity to find the book, then it is because he knew

that she was capable of being victorious. *......but with you, everything will be fine* remember?
[/i]

[/i][/b]

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 21 2005, 11:25 am »
Also keep in mind, though Clow Reed put everything in motion, even he (as admitted to everyone by Eriol) could NOT predict everything...in more detail, the growing relationship between Syaoran and Sakura (which caught Syaoran off-guard when Eriol said that). That scene took place in Master of the Clow! Book #5.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline aktorist

« Reply #8 on: September 21 2005, 11:26 am »
Eriol put the book there, most likely. Eriol is that kind of control freak. Eriol planned for Sakura to find the book. He never predicts things. He plots them. It is Kaho who predicts things, or is the "destiny groupie." Also, it is just that one of Eriol's schemes failed. Eriol created Yukito. For what purpose than to get to Sakura?

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #9 on: September 21 2005, 11:30 am »
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, Eriol didn't create Yukito, kay? Secondly, even Clow, manipulative crazy scheming sadist sarcasm can feel compassion for one of the gaurdians. Clow said it himself that he would die, and so, he needed to find a suitable master/mistress to take care of his gaurdians, and the cards that he was fond of. He love his creations like his own children, and they showed it too.

Also, who cares if he plotted the book? That just means he believes Sakura is the most suitable to be the mistress of the cards.Yukito/Yue's purpose was to guard the new mistress/master, and Yukito's purpose was to feel hapiness, a mortal form of Yue, and to fall in love with Sakura, which failed.

Also, you have still failed to provide me with evidence, Eriol is a control freak.
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Monse-chan

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 21 2005, 11:33 am »
Ok, I am really getting annoyed, and this is a first, because normally the people that are in this forum respect each other.

But PLEASE don't talk of the characters in that way! It seems that you simply read between lines and saw o few chapters. Oh, and NEWS

FLASH!! Eriol didn't created Yukito!! And the idea of, Eriol creating Yukito only to get close to Sakura is a bit..........*tries to calm herself

down*....irrealistic....
[/i]

[/i][/b]

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #11 on: September 21 2005, 11:40 am »
I know, he is making the characters sound shallow, and he hardly has enough proof. At least the rest of us has provided proof, while you babble about you're opinions.
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 21 2005, 11:47 am »
REMINDER!!!

No flame baiting or flame wars are allowed.
(Flame baiting refers to a post that has the intention of creating a flame war)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #13 on: September 22 2005, 02:59 am »
*reads this topic* Oh jeez... *sighs* Nooow I understand everything... Ignore my post in the "Sakura's Emotions" thread... I understand, now... And no, Eriol didn't create Yukito... And yes, Fisah's right, Eriol picked Sakura because he felt she was best-suited to be Mistress of the Clow Cards... And I agree, Monserrat, that is unrealistic... And weird... *sighs* ...  Clow didn't treat Yue and Kero badly, either...

Now, so I'm at least on-topic: I love Eriol. He is cute,wise, cute, and very kind to everyone. He is not manipulative, nor is he controlling. He's just smart. And cute. He's cute, too. Oh, I already said that! XD
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #14 on: September 22 2005, 03:25 am »
*lol*

Eriol putting the book for Sakura? yeah right, we can imagine Eriol as a baby, crawling and playing with the clow book while sucking his pacifier.. like what Arcademan said it was Clow Reed who set everything in motion.. not Eriol.. moreover, Eriol was not a schemer.. he was in fact helping Sakura...

if he really wants to be the world most powerful mage, he can easily do so.. its all within his fingertips... what for go through all those trouble..

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
« Reply #15 on: September 22 2005, 03:43 am »
Please watch the 3rd season of CCS next time before writing a post (3rd season being the one with Eriol in it)

Eriol did NOT set the book in Fujitaka's House, nor did he even KNOW Sakura was going to open it. He's just a reincarnation of clow reed

Now, perhaps Clow did know it was a female, after all, her wand was pink and sorta... cute... (Even I think it was cool, despite me being a boy :p)

Kero and Yue where not menipulated, each has a mind of there own, each can think on there own, act on there own, move on there own, there power's are derived from Sakura and Clow Reed a like

Yukito wasn't created by Eriol, there is no way that's possible, a human cannot be created through magic, even Clamp knows that, doing so would violate so many laws of physic's that the show would almost be ruined (even though it's not real, it's the thought that counts) Yukito was born human just like everyone else. He didn't show sign's of having Yue in him until Sakura began to show her own set of power

*sigh* ok I'm done... tired of explaining things to this kid when he won't listen

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

Offline Saiyuki

• Wish on a star...
  • New Fan
  • No matter what, keep on dreaming.
« Reply #16 on: September 22 2005, 05:36 am »
Didn't in the show sometime, i don't remember, but Eriol said his true personality is more like Yamazaki's, but he had to hide it because Sakura was too naive or she took things too literally or something...i'm not sure...

Offline aktorist

« Reply #17 on: September 22 2005, 06:13 am »
Okay, first Clow makes Kero
Then, Clow makes Yue from... something
And the cards and the staff...
He reincarnated into 50+people throught the centuries... (Perhaps after Marco Polo)

Clow's previous incarnation arranged for Sakura to be the most powerful.

It's not the anime... it's the manga... you find out that Eriol broke the seal.
Eriol acts all kind, and "helps" people, yet they do not know that they are being screwed over...

Like Tomoyo, incredably intelligent and perceptive...
Clow manipulates people for his own needs...
Tomoyo could be like Clow if she was this twisted, but she is not; she manipulates Sakura for what she thinks is best for Sakura, and limits herself to that.

Clow might not actually care about the consequences after all. Eriol did not actually "find" Sakura and start to "help" her change the cards. Actually, Clow planned it from the very beginning. What was the purpose of catching the cards? Well, some disaster happens after catching the cards, which Clow planned.

Clow erases Yue and Kero's memories periodically.
« Last Edit: September 22 2005, 06:24 am by aktorist »

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #18 on: September 22 2005, 06:42 am »
-Topic locked.
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available