AuthorTopic: Sakura+Syaoran?  (Read 8981 times)

Offline aktorist

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
Sakura+Syaoran?
« on: September 19 2005, 10:48 am »
Is this board at a general concensus that Sakura and Syaoran are meant to be?

Well, I currently see little reasoning why that is actually.
Saying two people are meant to be together is like a random person saying that you and another random person are meant to be together.
That is just wrong.

So, there must be some reason, right?

I will start by asking these questions:

Does Sakura love Syaoran? Why does Sakura love Syaoran? How does Sakura love Syaoran?

This is what I currently know:

Firstly, Sakura loves Syaoran. It is very obvious that Sakura loves Syaoran.

Sakura loves Syaoran because... he helped her and protected her... with magical stuff... and that Yukito thing. Actually, I really do not see much of a reason other than that.
They do not really talk that much... in episode 66, all he did was say one to two words, or something. Was he really that attentive? Maybe he was. We do not know.
Sakura feels protected around Syaoran. Syaoran has his magic, after all, even though Sakura is stronger.
Syaoran is Sakura's problem solver. He really does not make things better, but he makes the situationo better, and gets her to think.
For example, once when Sakura was crying, Syaoran yelled at her to stop crying and think.

How does Syaoran love Sakura? Is Syaoran really Sakura sweety?
To that question, I think... was there any reason Sakura loves him that way?
Well?
I see that Sakura cares for him very much, and feels a sense of security around him physically, but not emotionally.
You could see the fact that Sakura loves everyone. She really does love everyone. If anyone loved her, would she be afraid to reject that person?

Does Syaoran love Sakura? Why does Syaoran love Sakura? How does Syaoran love Sakura?
I could say yes to the first question... but it seems like to the second question, there is no answer.

Is there really anything Syaoran loves about Sakura?
This arises new question:

1. Would Syaoran love Sakura if Sakura was normal, or if Sakura was just someone who watched someone capture the cards?
2. Would Syaoran love Sakura if Sakura was unskilled in using her magic to the very end?
3. Does Syaoran really love Sakura for who she is?

How well to Sakura and Syaoran get along together?

You could tell from that episode where Syaoran tells Sakura not to cry that the emotional people are people who are "weak." However, Sakura is that emotional, so Syaoran would regard her as "weak," right?
Also, Syaoran can be emotional himself... a little. There are a few half-smiles here and there, right? Other than that, you could tell easily that Syaoran scowl (or blushes) all the time.
And how does Syaoran show his love? Blushing? Getting jealous? Sparse gift-giving?

As for Sakura, well, Syaoran would barely talk... Syaoran would care much about her, and get jealous of people who hang around her... and when she gets excited, would Syaoran get that hyper too?

So, you tell me.
These are my questions.

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
Re: Sakura+Syaoran?
« Reply #1 on: September 19 2005, 11:30 am »
Off-Topic: expect to not have a warm reception to this topic on this forum, as this community is built around thier relationship.

To answer your question: yes, the are to be together, its all through-out the Anime and the Manga.
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #2 on: September 19 2005, 11:47 am »
Yes, Sakura + Syaoran may seem far-fetched, underdeveloped, so on and so forth, however, they are kids. Kids usually dont even know what love is, its already a honorable feat that they knew they had some type of conection. Yes, they concluded it as love, because that's what they felt, well at least Sakura, when they were around Yukito. Sakura even said it herself that she felt pain when Syaoran was leaving, something she never expereinced before. So is it really far-fetched?

I think I should break it down, so its more easier to understand:

1) Development

I for one, think this realtionship had minimal development, however, it was enough for us to see they liked each other. Syaoran had a little bit of a crush on her, but it soon changed when Sakura got rejected by Yukito. He sacrificed his own happiness and feelings, so Sakura could be happy. He didn't want to trouble her.

Soon, Sakura started to become even closer to Syaoran, until he told her he loved her. Of course, she was confused, because she just got rejected from her crush, and now her close friend had confessed to her. Maybe Sakura was abrupt with her desicion, maybe she didn't think through things more, perhaps she was just looking for some comfort, the point is she thought she loved him, and so be it.

People have to understand that love doesn't mean hot passionate kisses, or showing your affection 24/7 in some way or form. I've always believed that love meant happiness. If you truly cared about someone, and they made you happy, and you thought it was love, so be it. Syaoran made Sakura happy, vice versa, so yes they did love each other. It might not be deep and wise, or passionate and hot, but they think its love, and that's what counts.

2) Age

Sakura and Syaoran are young, they are naive, they have simple desires. They are childern. But children can love, they can experience something wonderful, and perhaps never forget. With everything they went through, I don't think their love was thin, I think it was just blooming. Even in the manga, Sakura waited for Syaoran, regardless of how long, she waited. Doesn't that say something? Sure it may not be realistic, but its as realistic its going to get when talking about CLAMP. She waited, he came back, and they were happy. To them, happiness = love.

Now, I remember an interview I read awhile back, with CLAMP talking about CCS, and a certain question led to one of the woman to say the whole point of CCS was to show the different love people have. For example, Yukito x Touya is shonen ai, Sakura x Tomoyo is shoujo ai. Sakura and Syaroan is a another kind of love as well, which is hard to understand to some people because there isn't much to it. I mean, like I said, hey wanted happiness from each other, they felt comfortable around each other, sure they didn't talk much, but they are children who are going through something extraodinary. They aren't going to have a deep and meaningful conversation, because they are kids. Kids who go to the park and smile at one another.

So, what does that mean? A love based on happiness. Hell, if I were a little girl, and I met a boy who cared about me, and worried about me, and made me happy, I'd conclude as love. I wouldn't have a deep conversation with him, because I'm little. It just doesn't work like that for them. With all their problems out there, their love was a void from all their problems, where they could enjoy something simple like happiness.

I posted this in the other forum, and here's the rest of my reply XD

As for you're questions:

Yes Sakura does love Syaroan

Sakura loves Syaoran because he is a kind sweet boy, who made her feel something...different then what she usually felt. She felt special in fact. Syaroan was mean to her, neglected her, but then, he started to worry about her. This made her feel something because she got through to him. Someone she wanted to be friends with became closer to her. However, she started to feel something other than friendship, she started to notice his worries, his questions his presence meant more to her.

She shows him love by making that bear for him, and waiting for him. She shows she loves him because she's devoted to him, she waited for him. She makes him feel better, like a smile, a hug, or even a scarf/yukuta. Sakura shows her love just fien, frankly. I think that kissing thing is coming into play....

There doesn't have to be a reason to love someone. I can easily say why does Touya love Yukito? Or why does Fujitaka love Nadeshico, or perhaps even why Tomoyo loves Sakura? Love doesn't need a reason, and it isn't suppose to be questioned. Love is infinite, it defys all laws of logic, reasoning, whatever. Love is love, no matter what.

Uh...no. Sakura is emotionally and physically attached to him. Did you not read/watch that playground scene? Or perhaps the one at the ski lodge
« Last Edit: September 19 2005, 12:03 pm by fisah »
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
« Reply #3 on: September 19 2005, 11:52 am »
Wonderful.

Thanks for that in-depth analysis fisah :D
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #4 on: September 19 2005, 11:55 am »
Continued

Being secure around someone is an emotional feeling. Why did she tell Syaoran of all people about Yukito? Beacuse she knew he would understand, and she felt secure around him emotionally enough to trust him with her rejection.

Yes, Sakura loves everyone, but not the way she loves Syaoran. She tells him everything, or anything that bothers her. Any emotional problem there is, she tells him. I dont see her giving scarfs to people, or giving them bears, or being that devoted to everybody. You can love everybody, but not like that oen special person.

Okay, for the magic bit. That's just crap. Syaoran would love Sakura just because she is Sakura! She is nice to him, she cared about, she was pateint with him! She showed him kindness he never experienced before. In fact, the love Tomoyo and Syaoran have are indentical, except one thing:

Sakura loves Syaoran, not Tomoyo.

He called her weak at the beginning because he was confused. He never saw a person cry before because of their friend. The kindess she showed suprised him, and he thought it was weakness. He soon realized her kindness was her strength.

Also, Syaoran shows his love in many ways. First off, he was willign to scarfice his feelings for her, to make her happy. Once she got rejected by Yukito, he decided her happiness was more important than his. He shows his love by always worrying about her, watching over her.

Jeez, these are kids, they wont show it in any other way. Frankly you're expecting too much from a childhood love.

EDIT: Thank you SLi ^^
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 19 2005, 12:02 pm »
Wonderful.

Thanks for that in-depth analysis fisah :D

Gotta agree as well. You get a cookie from me :)

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

moezychan

« Reply #6 on: September 19 2005, 12:10 pm »
Here is my intake on the relationship of Sakura & Syaoran. First of all, Syaoran did not fall in love with Sakura because she had strong magic. He fell in love with her because of her strong heart. He noticed that despite the situation Sakura would have the perserverance to continue. In the beginning he viewed her as weak because he simply was jealous of her. He wanted to believe that he was the rightful owner of the Clow Cards, and if he thought she was strong, he would be denying what he thought was his true destiny; to become the strongest magician.

As he watched her continually capture the cards, he saw that she didn't capture them so she would be strong. Instead he realized that she captured them because she didn't want her friends to get hurt, and to stop the disaster that would befall the world. This gave him a respect for her.

As for Syaoran's lack of talking, I personally do not see how that ties in with love. Love is not based on words, it's based on emotions. Words cover up what a person really feels. What you do for that person and how you care for that person means more than words. I can tell when a person loves me by how they help me and give me a shoulder to cry on. I don't need people to tell me they love me. I just know.

And, crying is not weak. Knowing when to cry shows strength. Suppose a person you cared deeply for you died. I'm not sure of what you would do, but I know I would cry because I would truly love that person and miss them. Also, neither is smiling. Smiling shows that you have the courage to ignore the bad situations and look for the good. Trying to find fault with a person is truly weak. And I am regarding this in your direction. I've read both of your posts so far, and I'm not sure what your problem is, but you do have a chip on your shoulder. Don't write to us like we are unaware of the obvious. And if you think what I'm saying is harsh, then you've proven your weakness. I am mearly telling the truth, and if you can't handle the truth, you truly do not have a right to complain.

Offline Lexi

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 19 2005, 12:17 pm »
Oh wow O_O  Really fisah, thank you so much for that great exploration into our wonderful S+S's relationship :D  I completely agree with everything that you said. You've stated the many reasons to why most of us here love S+S :inlove:  *Plz have a cookie :)*

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #8 on: September 19 2005, 12:17 pm »
I totally agree mozey-chan, Syaoran was a kid (yes, I had the need to restate it, since you obviously hardly glanced at this fact) who was jealous of his rival. He realized that Sakura was Sakura, regardless of who she is, what magic she has. In fact, Syaoran would probably fall in love with Sakura alot more easily because the magic aspect was a obstacle. He didn't like her because he viewed her as a rival for magic :P You're making all the characters sound shallow though >.<

Thank you everyone who gave me cookies and thanks, I'm glad I explained it good :P Hopefully the poster can now understand why we all love  S+S XD Arigatou  :noteworthy:
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

moezychan

« Reply #9 on: September 19 2005, 12:22 pm »
I totally agree mozey-chan, Syaoran was a kid (yes, I had the need to restate it, since you obviously hardly glanced at this fact) who was jealous of his rival. He realized that Sakura was Sakura, regardless of who she is, what magic she has. In fact, Syaoran would probably fall in love with Sakura alot more easily because the magic aspect was a obstacle. He didn't like her because he viewed her as a rival for magic :P You're making all the characters sound shallow though >.<

Thank you everyone who gave me cookies and thanks, I'm glad I explained it good :P Hopefully the poster can now understand why we all loveĀ  S+S XD ArigatouĀ  :noteworthy:

Yes, I did overlook that part. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I am curious as to how I made them sound shallow though.

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #10 on: September 19 2005, 12:23 pm »
OH, I wasn't talking about you XD I was talking about the original poster, gomen nasai! I didn't mean it onee-san XD You did an awesome job, I restated it for the original poster *hugs*
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

moezychan

« Reply #11 on: September 19 2005, 12:26 pm »
OH, I wasn't talking about you XD I was talking about the original poster, gomen nasai! I didn't mean it onee-san XD You did an awesome job, I restated it for the original poster *hugs*

Oh, I'm embarrassed now. Thank you for clarifying that. I'm sick, and I'm obviously not thinking straight. But I loved your analysis also.

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #12 on: September 19 2005, 12:29 pm »
*hugs* Don't be, we all make mistakes XD Thank you for the compliment, and have a cookie ^^
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

moezychan

« Reply #13 on: September 19 2005, 12:30 pm »
*hugs* Don't be, we all make mistakes XD Thank you for the compliment, and have a cookie ^^

Arigatou Gozaimashita. Fisah-chan wa! Hai, cookie!

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 19 2005, 12:42 pm »
Thank you everyone who gave me cookies and thanks, I'm glad I explained it good :P Hopefully the poster can now understand why we all love S+S XD Arigatou :noteworthy:

Trust me...that poster won't understand a word you just wrote.

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

moezychan

« Reply #15 on: September 19 2005, 12:44 pm »
Trust me...that poster won't understand a word you just wrote.

I have to agree with Arcademan/PixieP-san. That was true ignorance.

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #16 on: September 19 2005, 12:45 pm »
ROFL, Arcademan, perhaps he wouldn't seeing as he posted the same topic in various CCS/TRC forums o.0
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Moon

• Ninja!Princess
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #17 on: September 19 2005, 01:23 pm »
Wow. Good job, fisah! I'll give you a cookie, too! ^__^

I never really looked at their relationship that deeply, I just liked them together. ^~^

Syaoran wasn't the only one who sacrificed his happiness in order for the person he loved to be with the one they care about. Tomoyo sacrificed her feelings, so that Sakura could be with Syaoran. And, Meilin.. eventually.. let Sakura be with Syaoran despite the heartbreak she felt.

Anyway.. I'm getting off-topic here. Sakura and Syaoran's love is adorable and sweet - just the way I like it. <3
Icon made by animeneko_chan @ lj.com

Forum Family

Fai and Zeldi are my cousins.
Sayora Chan is my onee-chan.
KuroPuppy and Tooya_Mizuki are my Onii-chans.
aishiteru is my Imoto-chan
suu_no_clover is my  Imoto-chan/Yin.
Lexi is my cat.

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 19 2005, 01:24 pm »
ROFL, Arcademan, perhaps he wouldn't seeing as he posted the same topic in various CCS/TRC forums o.0

Yes...I'm aware of that :)

Offline aktorist

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #19 on: September 20 2005, 09:46 am »
Reply to post (1: fisah)
Maybe they are meant to be together (BY CLAMP!), but I could tell you right now that it was not done very well. I give this Sakura+Syaoran thing a low score. If they actually had more between them, I would have liked it more.

She felt pain when Syaoran was leaving? She felt pain because she did not respond, and is afraid of hurting him, because she loves everyone.

You claim that she felt pain when Syaoran was leaving. You claim that that pain is the pain of a loved one leaving.
How do you check whether this thesis is true or not?

From CCS itself, of course.

So, from the last episode, the "pain" could be a number of things. Assuming that she is human, she is just feeling the pain of empathy of a friend.

Of course, that is my theory, but your statement is a theory too. Which one can you count on more? If you would look at what Sakura felt, do you see Sakura actually feels? If Syaoran suceeded in confessing earlier, would Sakura be the same way?

They liked each other, of course. They helped each other in catching the cards. They talked to each other... (how much?)
*As for the closeness of them, how close do you think they actually are?

She loved him, of course. That is obvious. That is VERY obvious, and even though that is a theory like everything else is, I believe that too.
How did she love him? Actually, Yukito description of how Sakura feels for him fits more for Syaoran, doesn't it? My assumption is "yes."

Here, another assumption is made. You assumed that Sakura was happy with Syaoran. How can you see that really? Extrapolation does not help here. You have to project. Sakura is going to want to talk to him much, Syaoran is going to be silent. How will that go?

My projection: Actually, nothing is going to happen, except for the fact that Sakura may either do one of the two things:
1. Give up trying to talk to him
2. Drug Syaoran with magic to change Syaoran's behavior so that he will become more talkative

The second one does not seem all that unlikely, actually.
What love, for Sakura+Syaoran?
What love? What new kind of love?
Companionative love? It seems that way now. This companionative love is what it seems to be now. That is also my assumption that it is nothing more than very close friendhsip. What do you want to assume? That matters to me not.
However, any assumptions I may have may be changed if you provide me with a counterexample.
Happiness for each other? Comfortable around each other? I assume that their relationship will turn out to be silent and akward if it manages to survive.

(Off topic: At least Sakura and Tomoyo can have very deep conversations with each other. Of course, that is my inference, and you could provide me with evidence that that is not so.)

Fisah, here you make a great assumption: Syaoran is kind and sweet

I agree with you that Syaoran is kind, but you will have to provide me with evidence that Syaoran is sweet if you want me to believe it.
My off-topic inference: Tomoyo makes her feel special. Tomoyo did not need magic or anything like that. She came with camera, costumes, and adoration. Anyone could bring her problems to Tomoyo, and even though she does not make things better, she makes everyone feel better.
Evidence: In episode 60, Tomoyo makes Meiling feel better. How much better would Tomoyo make Sonomi and Sakura feel?
His prescence means more because he worries about her. So do many other people.

And Sakura being passionate about Syaoran? That is what I think fisah is trying to say: smles, hugs, bear.
As for not needing a reason to love, I would agree with that.
However, I have a point to make. If there is no reason to love, then what is there for Syaoran to love Sakura?

To answer your questions, it would be easy to explain why Tomoyo loves Sakura. Sakura creates this "atmosphere of happiness" around her with her genki, energetic, determined, and emotional personality. Tomoyo loves Sakura becaus she is Sakura.
As for why Fujitaka loved Nadeshiko, it would be easy to see that we do not see anything!
Sure, we saw something between Fujitaka and Nadeshiko at various episodes, but the problem is that Nadeshiko is dead, so whatever Fujitaka+Nadeshiko scenes could not be possible.
Touya loving Yukito probably because of Yukito's effeminate nature.

The one reason I would want to REQUIRE in love is loving their personality AT LEAST.
And it is my assumption that Syaoran loves stoicism.