AuthorTopic: Syaoran-kun!  (Read 63090 times)

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
Re: Syaoran-kun! *drools*
« Reply #20 on: September 21 2005, 10:24 am »
Even if he was attracted to him, he was still his friend, and Yuktio was really nice to him, so he would be nice too. LIke I said before, not much people talked to him and cared about him, he was also going through a critical process in his life, he was just learning to show his feelings, I dont think we will see Syaoran being genki anytime soon....

Yes Syaoran is serious, like how Yue is, like how Eriol is, being serious isn't a downfall, its just a reality check, sometimes what Sakura needs the most.

How did he feel dignified? Yes he was relieved, but he smiled, he showed concern and happiness. I dont really get it, but what will make you understand that Syaoran is a kid, who is just learnign to show his emotions. He was taught to be serious, he was accustomed to it. HIs living style, his purpose in life for much of the show/manga was too look for the cards and be serious about it. And Sakura changed that, believe it or not.

Yes Sakura can read him that easily, and also, Sakura is naive and trusting, since you said that Tomoyo didn't show her sadness to not trouble SAkura, it worked right? Well, Sakura wont catch onto things easily, but when she does, she worries, and the person I see her worry the most is Syaoran. She knows when he's happy, she catches his every word, she watches his expressions, she admires him and his hardwork. She also came to love that about him, she loved how he showed her that little love that he never showed anyone. She felt special that Syaoran, a usually serious person, showed her his happiness.

To be frank, Syaoran shows more concern to Sakura then Sakura did to Syaoran. Syaoran watched all the time, he knew when she was hurt, when she was happy, when she was in trouble, when she kept something from him. Sakura didn't have an emotional wall, however he made sure that he knew everything about her feelings, he told her to call him when she was in trouble. These are kids, you wont see much, really.

Syaoran doesn;t need to say much, he can show his feeling through his actions. It can be simply giving a handkercheif and huggign your loved one, or helping them all the time, or making sure they are happy, and letting your feelings wait so your loved one can be happy. He doesn't need words to express his feelings, because Sakura taught him that.

Uh uh. Syaoran may be a brooder but he is in know way expressionless. In fact, I will show you picutres seeing as you dont get it through words.

Anger:

Worry/Care

Embrassment/Affection

Jealousy

Shock

Determintion

Hapiness

[]

A picture says a thousadn words, and if you still dont believe, then you need help.

EDIT: Gomen, the happiness link wasn't working, but I fixed it :sweatdrop:
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Monse-chan

• Love is like a cherry blossom...
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Love is like a cherry blossom...sweet and delicate
Re: Syaoran-kun!
« Reply #21 on: September 21 2005, 10:37 am »
Yay fisah!!!!!!!!!  :hello2:

Great work with the fabolous summary and images, they DO transmit his emotions, his eyes help a lot at that..  :okay:

Syaoran doesn't talks that much, but not only because que is serious,  he thinks and cares of others. He didn't wanted to tell Sakura his feelings, simply because he didn't wanted her to go through a hard time.

Also, he cares for Tomoyo too! He confesses her his feelings about Sakura, and she guides and tries to help him, so of course he cares about her!!

He is a bit naive too, if not, he wouldn't be fooled by Yamazaki's lies, he is a child that has a pure heart and that may be a bit cold at the beginning, but then when you know him, he opens up and is just warm and fuzzy inside.

Syaoran-kun changes, through the Manga and Anime, little by little, he opens up and you realize that he simply is a wonderful, maybe a bit shy at the beginning person.

If you CAN'T realize that, then I am sorry, aktorist  :(
  :bunny: *** My Forum Family*** :bunny:
Imouto-chans: Beautiful Maddie-chan, Zeldi-chan,and Marina-chan
Onii-san:[/b] KuroPuppy
Onee-chans: Charme-san, wise and funny Miss Endoh, and Ralea-chan
My lovely and wonderful tia: Moon Li
Lovely avatar and siggy made by my dear auntie Moon Li!!! Arigatou!!
[/i]

Cherry Blossoms dance around you.....
[/i][/b]

Offline aktorist

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #22 on: September 21 2005, 10:40 am »
That is why Syaoran cares about Yukito. He does not care about many people, but he does care about certain people.

Yes. Syaoran is serious. Sometimes, Syaoran creates an atmosphere of intensity. The beligerance is removed at the end, but the intensity is still there.

He was dignified that Syaoran was able to protect Sakura. His living style was to be the heir of the Li Clan, to be "strong" and "fit" to be the leader. And Sakura changed that? Since when does loving anyone change anyone? Syaoran is still his silent self.

Sakura worries about Syaoran? Sakura worries about everyone, and all of her friends.
And Sakura catches his expressions? What expressions? Scowling? Blushing? What else? I suppose she admires Syaoran's seriousness? Is that it?

Of course, Syaoran showed concern about Sakura. Syaoran cares about her. He told her to call him when she was in trouble because Syaoran wanted to protect her from danger.

He does not need to say much, because his actions are little. "Helping" as in handing a handkercheif and hugging? So is that what it will be in the future? Actually, Sakura used many words.

Anger: He has lots of it, doesn't he?
Worry/Care: For select people
Embrassment/affection: more like just embrassment, and nervous affection
Jealousy: And soon, it will turn to Touya, Yukito, Tomoyo, among others
Shock: It looks more like he is angry, with worry
Determination: For protection of Sakura
Happiness: Not much, eh? I really don't feel much from that. Half-smile, perhaps?

So far, except for that half-smile, you have only shown me solemn expressions.

What about Joy? Excitement?

These questions I have:

Would Syaoran love Sakura if she was ordinary, or if she was unskilled in using her magic? If she was "small and weak"?
I am not saying that it is magical attraction, I am just asking a question.

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #23 on: September 21 2005, 10:41 am »
Thank you very much *hugs* :XD:

I totally agree with you, he is a child, with a hard life, who changed for a better, and if he can't see that, well, he might as well drop CCS all together, seeing as the proof is right there *sigh*

Syaoran-kun is a very amazing person, who probably has the most development in the entire show, and that's why he is well-liked.
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #24 on: September 21 2005, 10:46 am »

These questions I have:

Would Syaoran love Sakura if she was ordinary, or if she was unskilled in using her magic?

Now that's a very good question...after all, Syaoran came to Tomoeda to capture the Clow Cards. Another pathway toward this...what IF Syaoran beat Yue and thus became the Master of the Clow instead of Sakura? What then would his reaction be to her and likewise Sakura's feelings toward him?

Interesting senerio indeed...

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Monse-chan

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 21 2005, 10:47 am »
Thank you very much *hugs* :XD:

I totally agree with you, he is a child, with a hard life, who changed for a better, and if he can't see that, well, he might as well drop CCS all together, seeing as the proof is right there *sigh*

Syaoran-kun is a very amazing person, who probably has the most development in the entire show, and that's why he is well-liked.

I COMPLETELY agree!! That is the reason of why I adore him, hehe.

I know he belongs to Sakura, but I can still dream, can't I?  :rotfl:

Syaoran Fangirls: YES!! *sigh*  :greengrin:
[/i]

[/i][/b]

Offline aktorist

« Reply #26 on: September 21 2005, 10:48 am »
Actually, the only development is showing affection to Sakura. Otherwise, he is still the same to other people.
Of course, I am being open to doubt.

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #27 on: September 21 2005, 10:58 am »
That is why Syaoran cares about Yukito. He does not care about many people, but he does care about certain people.

Yes. Syaoran is serious. Sometimes, Syaoran creates an atmosphere of intensity. The beligerance is removed at the end, but the intensity is still there.

He was dignified that Syaoran was able to protect Sakura. His living style was to be the heir of the Li Clan, to be "strong" and "fit" to be the leader. And Sakura changed that? Since when does loving anyone change anyone? Syaoran is still his silent self.

Sakura worries about Syaoran? Sakura worries about everyone, and all of her friends.
And Sakura catches his expressions? What expressions? Scowling? Blushing? What else? I suppose she admires Syaoran's seriousness? Is that it?

Of course, Syaoran showed concern about Sakura. Syaoran cares about her. He told her to call him when she was in trouble because Syaoran wanted to protect her from danger.

He does not need to say much, because his actions are little. "Helping" as in handing a handkercheif and hugging? So is that what it will be in the future? Actually, Sakura used many words.

Anger: He has lots of it, doesn't he?
Worry/Care: For select people
Embrassment/affection: more like just embrassment, and nervous affection
Jealousy: And soon, it will turn to Touya, Yukito, Tomoyo, among others
Shock: It looks more like he is angry, with worry
Determination: For protection of Sakura
Happiness: Not much, eh? I really don't feel much from that. Half-smile, perhaps?

So far, except for that half-smile, you have only shown me solemn expressions.

What about Joy? Excitement?

These questions I have:

Would Syaoran love Sakura if she was ordinary, or if she was unskilled in using her magic? If she was "small and weak"?

*UGH* Okay, love changed his silent self, because he wasn't as silent anymore. Besides, he was quiet because he was shy, believe or not. Also, when he started to like Sakura, he cared more, he worried more, he smiled more, he did things more! I mean, compare it too when he was in the beginning of the manga/anime, he was hardly even showing his feelings.

What's wrong withe intensity? You seem to think serious/intensity/stern are all bad artibutes,when you're dead wrong, CCS lacked seriousness, and the little it did provide was when it was showing Syaoran. I think intesity and seriousnes is good. Syaoran is a very passionate person about things. He is intense when protecting Sakura, he is intense when he gets embrassed. SO what? *mumbles*

No, Syaoran isn't his silent self, please, for the love of god, watch the damn show and read the manga, then you'll actually sound intelligent. Small changes, not huge big ones! I mean, this all happnened in less than a year! Syaoran will always change slowly because he was silent and emotionless for a long time! Besides, I have plenty of pictures of him smiling, but I can't scan them right now! I dare you to read the last volume ot CCS, just do it, and then come back with your pathetic questions.

She saw his kindness, she saw his worry, she saw the happiness she had caused! HELL, she was happy when he said her name, so what is that? TELL ME?

His actions are little because he is changing slowly, keyword SLOW.

Look, watch the damn show or read the manga. I am not going to bloody scan all the manga, where he smiles ALOT more. Plus, Syaoran isn't the genki type, he was changing slowly, and he shows his affection subtelty. It doesn't mean it isn't there, its jsut that he's shy!

Okay, I'll tell you something. The magic aspect, the cards, and all the jazz, were OBSTACLES. Syaoran would've fell in love with SAkura simply because she would be the first person to show him kindness and happiness. Regardless of her powers, or magic, she isn't small and weak, she has a big heart, and that's her strength. If I remember correctly, Syaoran despised Sakura because she was his rival in catching the cards, kay? He would've fell in love wiht her alot more easily, actually...

You're really annoying *sigh* If you think this pairing is so wrong, and Syaoran is so horrible, then stop talking about it.
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Monse-chan

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 21 2005, 10:59 am »
Umm...I am sorry to say this, but he doesn't shows affection ONLY for Sakura.

He cares for different people, not ONLY Sakura!!!  -_-

He treats Tomoyo like a sister when he tells her about his worries and love interest on Sakura. Compared to his other

self at the beginning of the Anime, AND Manga, he has changed!! He opens up and tried to find a way to get her voice

back when the voice card attacked!! He also cares for Yukito, his classmates, Meiling, etc!
[/i]

[/i][/b]

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #29 on: September 21 2005, 11:02 am »
I know, but this guy is set on beliveing bull. In fact, why dont we say Tomoyo doesn't care about anyone else but Sakura. Because I have an inkling that he bashes characters simply beacuse Sakura and Tomoyo couldn't be together.
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline aktorist

« Reply #30 on: September 21 2005, 11:06 am »
Syaoran believes in stoicism.
If you do not think so, then you should see:
"Don't cry! Nothing will come of crying!" Episode 59

Syaoran is not shy, but he sure is love-shy. It is because Syaoran does not want to be one to express emotions like Sakura.

Syaoran is silent. See episode 66. What did he say? "I know"? a few more words? is that it?

Just because Syaoran "loves" a specific person, it does not mean he is going to change.

Sakura being the first person to show him kindness and happiness? If someone would show him that, it would be Tomoyo. Sakura is the impulsive and passionate one.

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #31 on: September 21 2005, 11:09 am »
What? Okay tell me, where Tomoyo showed him kindness. If I remember correctly, Tomoyo hardly talked to Syaoran, until he started to like Sakura. Sakura was the first person to put aside their differences and try to be his friend. It means more when your so-called enemy is kinder to you, than anyone else. Sakura was his rival and she was kind, and that means more.

Also, what is wrong with being stoic? Its a good artibute, one even Sakura admires. SO, I ask, WTF? I seriously dont understand where you get this from, you're not impressing me with your over-exxagerated reasoning.
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Monse-chan

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #32 on: September 21 2005, 11:12 am »
Umm...hello??

When he told her NOT to cry, it was to calm her down, since he couldn't stand to see her lose her hope. He gave her his

confidence, and Sakura thanks him for it, if you remember... He HELPED her.

And, if he doesn't talks that much, so what? If a person talks 24 hours a day it becomes annoying. Maybe he doesn't talk

that much, but when he talks, they are important or simple things. Remember he grew with his sisters. Do you think he

want to look like them?
[/i]

[/i][/b]

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #33 on: September 21 2005, 11:14 am »
BTW there is NO Episode 76...there's only 70 episodes in the entire series.

EDIT: Thanks for the clarification. I thought it was an error on your part :wink:

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline aktorist

« Reply #34 on: September 21 2005, 11:16 am »
I'm sorry, it was episode 66.

Syaoran being stoical=impassive, unimpassioned, and generally dour and grim at certain times, unless there is someone more dominant than him. I never said that that was bad, did I? He just needs someone more dominant. Now, I really don't like Meiling, but there could be someone that dominant, right?

And once again, you agreed with me. You presented me with those so-called "expressions," yet you agreed that Syaoran is stoical.
Is your mind set?

Actually, it was Syaoran who first tried to be her friend. Sakura just loves everyone like that. Sakura was always kind.
The fact is, he doesn't talk.
And it is not his sisters. It was his mother. He was taught to be that way.
And perhaps he was jealous of how his mother showed his sisters more warmth.
But still, he wanted to have his mother's affection.
« Last Edit: September 21 2005, 11:38 am by aktorist »

moezychan

« Reply #35 on: September 21 2005, 11:34 am »
I'm sorry, it was episode 66.

Syaoran being stoical=impassive, unimpassioned, and generally dour and grim at certain times

Actually, it was Syaoran who first tried to be her friend. Sakura just loves everyone like that. Sakura was always kind.
The fact is, he doesn't talk.
And it is not his sisters. It was his mother. He was taught to be that way.
And perhaps he was jealous of how his mother showed his sisters more warmth.
But still, he wanted to have his mother's affection.

Big deal. I may type a lot, but outside of this forum I can hardly say anything. I am sometimes devoid of emotion. I pretty much represent the Syaoran that you bash. I don't say I love you all that much, but it doesn't mean that I don't feel it, and I get embarrassed and blush all the time. You look at Syaoran and you see me. So if you continue to bash Syaoran, I will take it personally. I get protective, I hate to cry. In fact, I don't really smile unless I have reason to smile, like Syaoran, but I still have feelings, and right now my feelings are frustration and anger!

People have feelings. Yourself included. You say you can't stand stand people who are serious, well you are acting serious. Your serious in your attempts to turn us against a character from a tv show! He's not real, so why do you want us to hate him?! Get it through your head!

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #36 on: September 21 2005, 11:34 am »
Yes, i said seriousness not stoic, and if I said that, I apologized. I believe he isn't impassive, he isn't grim, he is just serious alot.

Also, Syaoran was the one who came and literally fought with Sakura. Didn't think bullying was friendship, as well as glares, mean words. Sakura changed him because she showed him kindess. I want proof that Syaoran wanted to be her friend first.

Exactly. That's why he felt jealous of Sakura when his mother was kind to her. Syaoran has a hard past, and even if you say these things, you still claim to believe he has no right to happiness, and the small yet developed feelings we did see are not real. If a person with such a hard life even smiled, that is truly somthing, and a person who was perviously jealous and a rival for thier loved one, that is a great feat as well. He fell in love with her big heart and her compassion, that she showed him. He didnt get any of that love and happines at his home, and his inital mission became a insignifact.
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline aktorist

« Reply #37 on: September 21 2005, 11:41 am »
Actually it was Syaoran who fought with Sakura, not the other way around. If you really believe that Syaoran wanted to be friends first, then see epiode 8.

Also, Syaoran does not fall in love with people like that. Syaoran would regard those emotions as "weak." As I said, Syaoran believes in stoicism.

Offline Monse-chan

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #38 on: September 21 2005, 11:42 am »
*Has pompons and is cheering*

Yay!! Defend our dear Syaoran-kun Moezy-chan!!  :hello2:

Ok, listen aktorist. I am sorry if at any moment I sounded rude or angry. But the reason is that I AM angry. Please, don't

waste your time writting in this forums if the only thing that you want is that we start hating the characters!! Also, I am a

proud Syaoran fangirl and I can't stand people talking about him like he is a silent person that is just plain stone and

that only cares for one person. If you hadn't  noticed, many people on this forum see it in a completely other way. We

tried to show you why and the reasons, but  I couldn't stand to see you writing back posts that don't seem to click with the

Anime and Manga. So, I might as well leave this thread and hope that you come back to your senses before getting in

trouble, becuase, if you haven't noticed, you are WARNED.
[/i]

[/i][/b]

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #39 on: September 21 2005, 11:45 am »
That's what I said, Syaoran was the one to fight with her first...>_>

And no, he didn't want to be her firend, he wanted her cards, and I did watch the episdoe. Sakura was kind to him, and then he glared angrily, and then he fought with her to get teh cards, in which Touya came to fight with him, and Syaoran was about to fight back, however, Yukito came, offering a bun, and Syaoran became shy and ran away.

See? I remember it just fine, while you serve me bull. So why dont you watch episode 8 again, and ask everyone else if you're so inclined to believe that lie.
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki