AuthorTopic: Final Fantasy: Advent Children  (Read 25539 times)

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
Re: Final Fantasy: Advent Children
« Reply #20 on: September 16 2005, 06:01 am »
Show content
end? but nah, ya know when yazoo jumped right over him on the bike and *LITERALLY* Shot him at very close range right in the head, you know he hits cos his glasses fly off and all is left is a LITTLE blood, o.O
Show content
Yeah, I thought that was odd that they hardly showed ANY blood. Toward the end, too, when someone (think it was Sephiroth, don't remember) stabbed Cloud straight through the shoulder, and there was no blood at all. o_O I guess Cloud is just indestructible. :lol:
The wolf confused me too.

And I loved that guy's cell phone ringtone. :lol:

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #21 on: September 16 2005, 06:07 am »
Show content
Yeah, I thought that was odd that they hardly showed ANY blood. Toward the end, too, when someone (think it was Sephiroth, don't remember) stabbed Cloud straight through the shoulder, and there was no blood at all. o_O I guess Cloud is just indestructible. :lol:
The wolf confused me too.

And I loved that guy's cell phone ringtone. :lol:
ah good nostalgia that was!!
it was just like the actual game when they won the match XD I WANT THAT PHONE.. even tho i have no friends to phone....

Show content
Yea the stabbing, and he was still able to pick up that huge sword and keep fighting, THATS determination for you XD
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Alexiel

• Formerly Angelic-Essence
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #22 on: September 16 2005, 08:52 pm »
Show content
end? but nah, ya know when yazoo jumped right over him on the bike and *LITERALLY* Shot him at very close range right in the head, you know he hits cos his glasses fly off and all is left is a LITTLE blood, o.O

Oh THAT.... lol. Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that too.

Show content
That's why those sunglasses are cool. xD

Offline Emperor Shaoran

• Gyonin will make a proclaimation...
« Reply #23 on: September 16 2005, 09:03 pm »
Got the Advent pieces limited edition stuff today and the box was bloody massive! Then again, it has to be big enough to fit the rather cool Cloud and Fenrir figure set which took up half the box. Have yet to watch it coz I'm busy with stuff, but I hope to watch it with my sister this evening.

OK, now where should I stash it?

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #24 on: September 16 2005, 10:35 pm »
Oh THAT.... lol. Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that too.

Show content
That's why those sunglasses are cool. xD

Show content
Yep, those sunglasses must of been pretty darn tough to survive a shot at such close range,

I always loved his Bike teh Fenrir. Its awesome! All those blades that come out from the sides. And how his sword could plit apart. Kinda made up for his sword changes in the actual game (although it would be cool if you could get cloud in the game to use two swords!!

I always think Cloud was in Love with Aerith, Then again Aerith was always my fav Female character. I think most guys went for Tifa just because of her huge boobs, But unlike Aerith Tifa was pretty annoying. Aerith was sweet and cute and just wonderful :D lol
woo Aerith + Cloud :D

Offline Bao_Nhia_Yang

• Great Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 17 2005, 12:42 pm »
the movie was GREAT!! but i got the unsubbed version :( too lazy to get the subbed one now... *sigh*

i actually liked tifa better.. cause she seemed more of a fighter... then again.. i don't know what aeris/aerith does.. cause i've never played the game..

Offline Feathered Dreams

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #26 on: September 18 2005, 08:25 am »
Come to think of it, I can't remember what Aerith did in combat :D But it was great seeing all the characters again. I liked VII, but the graphics really threw me off (I played it after VIII), also, I never managed to beat Sephiroth in his One-Winged Angel form, so I dunno what happened in the end  :dodge:

Since I haven't played it in such a long time, there were several things I had forgotten, like who the hell those kids were (I 'remembered' really late into the movie) and what had happened to Jenova (I couldn't even remember what Sephiroth had to do with her, just that he was some sort of experiment). But even so, the movie was great  :keke:

********SPOILER********
Who was Zack? The only partner I remember from when Cloud was a Soldier is Sephiroth, was he with them when they visited Cloud's town? And I'm guessing that thing he does in the end against Sephiroth (the part when his sword breaks apart into several others) was some sort of Omni-Slash, can't say for sure though, since I never saw it in the game  :sweatdrop:
********SPOILER********

(Sorry about the spoiler thing, I haven't figured out how to hide these things yet)
"Did you wish for something that night? In those stars,
there was as much beauty as there was desolation"

^Siggy by me :D

Offline Alexiel

• "A True Fan"
« Reply #27 on: September 18 2005, 08:37 am »
For the spoiler, just use this: [ spoiler ] insert spoiler here [/ spoiler ] (without spaces)

I don't know who Zack is, I frankly don't really care. lolz. And from what my friend had told me, Aerith played the White Mage role, or something like that.

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #28 on: September 18 2005, 01:05 pm »
i finally saw Advent Children last night.. but it was without sub-titles..

it was so good!! i love the graphics... and i actually like those bad guys "Silverhair gang" they looked so cool!

my lil bro. said Zack was the guy who appeared along with Aeriths at the end of the movie.. and he also said, Cloud is a clone of Zack..

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #29 on: September 18 2005, 11:19 pm »
Who was Zack? The only partner I remember from when Cloud was a Soldier is Sephiroth
Cloud was never in SOLDIER, (remmember in the movie they called him a "Would-Be" Ex-SOLDIER)

Heres an explanation from someone who has played the game properly:
Cloud basically in the FF7 Game is a friend of Zack and is going through an identity crisis because Cloud tried to sign up to join SOLDIER but he was turned down (cloud was however a Shinra soldier, just not the SOLDIER like Sephiroth was in). Cloud believes he was the one who did all the Shinra Missions along side his hero: Sephiroth (Sephiroth was legendary SOLDIER, everyone looked up to him), But that was actually Zack, Cloud just has his memory because when Cloud, Zack and Sephiroth went back to Nibelheim (all three of them were sent on the mission. Two SOLDIERS and a Shinra Soldier. You know this because Sephiroth complained a lot on the fact they had sent a rookie with them (that was Cloud)) Sephiroth Burned down the town then Zack and Cloud were taken away and experimented on. This is where Cloud started to experiance a problem with his memory. It became hard for him to remmember what had heppend in his past. But he got memories of Zack in SOLDIER and accidently got them confused with his own memories. So he thought everything Zack did was actually what he did.

Confusing aint it?

Cloud: Blonde Spikey Hair
Zack: Black Spikey Hair
Sephiroth: Long White Hair

what had happened to Jenova (I couldn't even remember what Sephiroth had to do with her, just that he was some sort of experiment).

remmember in the movie you see Jenova fly through space and earth captures it?
Before Sephiroth's birth, Hojo and Lucrecia were working as assistants to Professor Gast, Shin-Ra's top scientist, on the Jenova Project. The project studied the remains of an extra-terrestrial entity known as Jenova, which was mistakenly thought to be one of the Cetra (remmember, Aerith was the last remaining Cetra Descendent), an ancient people of the world that the game takes place in. Wishing to create a modern day Ancient, and believing that the blood of the Cetra was what would do this rather than the lifestyle of the Cetra, Hojo injected cell samples from Jenova into Sephiroth while he was in Lucrecia's womb.

I'm guessing that thing he does in the end against Sephiroth (the part when his sword breaks apart into several others) was some sort of Omni-Slash, can't say for sure though, since I never saw it in the game :sweatdrop:
It was Cloud's Limit Break specifically for the Movie
« Last Edit: September 18 2005, 11:35 pm by VexNet »

Offline Alexiel

• "A True Fan"
« Reply #30 on: September 18 2005, 11:52 pm »
Ooh... Now I get it. Lol, I can't play the game, stupid PS2 memory card isn't compatible with FF7 *cries* But thanks for clearing that up VexNet. ^_^

Offline charcoalz

• Obsessed Fan
  • onew <3
« Reply #31 on: September 19 2005, 01:27 pm »
Advent children was awesome!!!!!!
the graphics are like...WOAHZ O_O =]]
hehehhhEHhEhEH, Cloud looks like a chocobo ^3^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forum Family <3
itoko-san: Pretty, Okamirei
onee-san: Møon Li
futago-san: kudan

Offline Feathered Dreams

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #32 on: September 20 2005, 03:20 am »
Yeah, thanks for that VexNet  :heh: I really had forgotten a lot about VII, only played it once after all...
"Did you wish for something that night? In those stars,
there was as much beauty as there was desolation"

^Siggy by me :D

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #33 on: September 21 2005, 06:49 pm »
no problem, I love to look more into the Final Fantasy stories, FFVII was pretty complex and I'm still finding new things out about it even today.

I have a feeling that that wolf in Final Fantasy VII : Advent Children is actually Fenrir's Spirit, Because If you have tried searching Fenrir on Google you get images of the same wolf in Final Fantasy XI so it could be a homage or something similiar, What are your thoughts?

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #34 on: September 22 2005, 02:57 am »
I have a feeling that that wolf in Final Fantasy VII : Advent Children is actually Fenrir's Spirit, Because If you have tried searching Fenrir on Google you get images of the same wolf in Final Fantasy XI so it could be a homage or something similiar, What are your thoughts?
A friend of mine told me that the wolf was meant to symbolize Zax watching over him. o_O

Anyone seen Last Order yet? The anime piece that shows a bit of Cloud and Zax's background. That's really nice as well!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #35 on: September 22 2005, 04:13 am »
A friend of mine told me that the wolf was meant to symbolize Zax watching over him. o_O

Anyone seen Last Order yet? The anime piece that shows a bit of Cloud and Zax's background. That's really nice as well!
1- who the hell is Zax? I think you mean Zack.
2- what's Last Order?
3- FFVII Never associated Zack with a wolf, But I'll look into it.

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #36 on: September 22 2005, 06:59 am »
1. [edit] Hmm... okay, I swear I saw it as "Zax" somewhere. It sounded like the Japanese actors pronounce it "Zakusu". Maybe I'm wrong... I swear that's what it said on his personnel file in LO, but the credits are different. *shrugs*  *is now confused* And I liked it as Zax.........  :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:

2. Last Order was a short animation released alongside AC, that shows the events leading up to Zack's death: http://www.mininova.org/search/?search=last+order

3. *shrugs* I have no idea. That's just what someone told me.

[edit again]: Made some LO screenshots, since none seemed to exist on the net.
http://makenai.org/pics/lastorder
« Last Edit: September 22 2005, 07:43 am by Pikari »

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #37 on: September 22 2005, 08:30 am »
1. [edit] Hmm... okay, I swear I saw it as "Zax" somewhere. It sounded like the Japanese actors pronounce it "Zakusu". Maybe I'm wrong... I swear that's what it said on his personnel file in LO, but the credits are different. *shrugs* *is now confused* And I liked it as Zax......... :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:
ah, well I'm going by Final Fantasy Seven the Playstation Game and the Final Fantasy Advent Children Movie.
-
also i find it odd how a non-final fantasy fan can be so into something they know no history about...

Offline Alexiel

• "A True Fan"
« Reply #38 on: September 22 2005, 08:42 am »
Lol, seems like Advent Children's movie triggered the interest. ^_^

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #39 on: September 22 2005, 09:11 am »
yep, but i bet nobody notices about the Dirge of Cerebus, Before Crisis and Core Crisis  games.