AuthorTopic: Final Fantasy: Advent Children  (Read 25538 times)

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
Final Fantasy: Advent Children
« on: September 14 2005, 10:47 am »
It's out! Took them long enough to finally release it, but you can download it at http://mininova.org ... there's subbed versions already too.

Three words: Oh. My. God.

It's BEAUTIFUL! I'm not even a great fan of the game (never even finished it  :sweatdrop: ), but this movie was just awesome, and well worth the wait. Awesome fight scenes, music, voice acting (and a Maaya Sakamoto cameo as Aerith ^_~).

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, it's the computer-animated movie sequel to FF7. The plot is that there's these Sephiroth clones(?) trying to steal back Jenova from Shinra, so they recruit Cloud to try to stop them (er, sorta... and the clones were already after Cloud in the first place......I only picked up half the plot watching it in Japanese and not being all that familiar with the game ending, so...). Not that the plot really matters, as its so frickin beautiful! I'd recommend it even if you haven't played the game.

Anyone seen it yet? *looks around* Someone's gotta be an FF fan here.......

Offline Alexiel

• Formerly Angelic-Essence
  • "A True Fan"
Re: Final Fantasy: Advent Children
« Reply #1 on: September 14 2005, 11:04 am »
Ugh... damn it. The US release was delayed several times already. What the heck is S-E thinking? They're just getting the FF fans in America (and/or other fans in other countries) more frustrated. -.-" I cant download it it, stupid dialup

I love the voice actors~ So far I only have the trailers of it from IGN. :shifty:

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #2 on: September 14 2005, 11:15 am »
Is there a date set for the US release yet? o_O

Offline Alexiel

• "A True Fan"
« Reply #3 on: September 14 2005, 11:23 am »
No, they 'assumed' it would be on the holidays or so.... -_- *sighs* as an FF fans, I'm in depression. lol

Offline Feathered Dreams

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #4 on: September 14 2005, 12:50 pm »
Well, I'm finally gonna download it (that is, if the torrent is faster than the release date closing in  -_-), but still, when it comes out in DVD, I'll buy it. I'm a big FF fan and I'd feel bad just downloading a ripped version (besides, my monitor ain't that great  :wink:)
"Did you wish for something that night? In those stars,
there was as much beauty as there was desolation"

^Siggy by me :D

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• Dean Winchester is tied up in my closet!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • 100% Dean Winchester Obsessed!
« Reply #5 on: September 14 2005, 12:54 pm »
For some reason Bittorrent doesn't work on my computer.
So much for seeing it early....
Know of any direct link sites? I'm dying here!
~--------~~--------~
Rest in peace my furry friend.
Cinnamon - November 15th, 1990 - January 21st, 2006
~--------------------~
-AV NOT made by me. Creater unknown.-

Offline Alexiel

• "A True Fan"
« Reply #6 on: September 14 2005, 01:00 pm »
Seriously though... I want to see what Square-Enix is going to say about this fan-subbed situation... I mean, it would mean even if there were a US release date, would people still want to buy it? Even if that was a yes, it's a downfall in profit for it. Lol

But nonetheless, I won't deny the fact I would want to see it anyway. BUt I prefer the DVD Box :keke:

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #7 on: September 14 2005, 01:09 pm »
Heh... I was reading a couple reviews and seems there's a lot of complaining about the lack of plot and unrealistic battle scenes. :lol: Ha... but they're obviously never meant to be realistic, that's the fun of it. Lots of Matrix-y like stuff.

Weren't the US and Japanese supposed to be released at the same time at one point? The release dates were changed so many times, I don't even know. Well, too many people are going to be impatient and download, I suppose. ^^;;

Endoh: I don't know of any direct downloads. The DVD quality movie was 700+ MB. @_@ Took me about a day and a half on a cable connection getting it from Bittorrent...

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• Dean Winchester is tied up in my closet!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • 100% Dean Winchester Obsessed!
« Reply #8 on: September 14 2005, 01:21 pm »
Holy crap!
Hehe...I guess I'll wait for the DVD then...
...Or I just try to get my Bittorent to work...
Or just punch a hole in my monitor, whichever comes first haha!
~--------~~--------~
Rest in peace my furry friend.
Cinnamon - November 15th, 1990 - January 21st, 2006
~--------------------~
-AV NOT made by me. Creater unknown.-

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #9 on: September 15 2005, 02:26 am »
heard from my little brother that its NICE...

but the website that Pikari-san gave has a few Advent Children bittorrent links (english subbed).. any suggestions which one is better?

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #10 on: September 15 2005, 03:29 am »
The one I downloaded was the bien-xvid-ff7 file. Raw video with attachable subtitles, meaning you need vobsub plugin. But the subtitles were good. (haven't watched it all with subs, but what I saw). Can't speak for any of the others.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #11 on: September 15 2005, 04:21 am »
Seriously though... I want to see what Square-Enix is going to say about this fan-subbed situation... I mean, it would mean even if there were a US release date, would people still want to buy it? Even if that was a yes, it's a downfall in profit for it. Lol

But nonetheless, I won't deny the fact I would want to see it anyway. BUt I prefer the DVD Box :keke:
that makes no sense. People will download the FFVII movie because they are fans. And as Fans they will buy teh DVDs, if ANYTHING it will be a huge rise in DVD profits because FFVII has such a huge fanbase. Its like saying you can download FFVII the actual game, You've been able to for ages now, but thier profits are still increasing because some people are still buying them.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Alexiel

• "A True Fan"
« Reply #12 on: September 15 2005, 05:07 am »
From this year's Electronic Entertainment Expo, IGN put the latest subtitled trailer for Advent Children. The known release date for the movie at the time was:

September 13 - US Release Date
September 14 - Japan Release Date

And with the delays that S-E made for the US release date, yeah there ought to be complaints. Lol.

VexNet: My bad, it was rather late and the that was the first thing that came to mind. :lol: US DVD Box might not include the same features as the Japanese get though, as noted from quite a nuimber of fansites... but the company didn't confirm anything yet.

Offline Tooya_Mizuki

• The Unknown Savior
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #13 on: September 15 2005, 05:21 am »
I want to watch this so bad if only my internet is powerful enough to download the file  -_-. Cant buy the movie yet either becuase it comes out a little later in my country  :keke:.

Forum Family:
My younger brother- KuroPuppy
My younger sisters-
SayoraChan,moonprincess18/Genki
Girl, Lexi, OniiChanTouya, Angelic-Essence,
Fisah, Okamirei, Sofiacardcaptors, Princess Kakurine, Maina-Chan.
My big sisters- moezy-chan, bLuetopaz.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #14 on: September 15 2005, 05:23 am »
VexNet: My bad, it was rather late and the that was the first thing that came to mind. :lol: US DVD Box might not include the same features as the Japanese get though, as noted from quite a nuimber of fansites... but the company didn't confirm anything yet.

just aswell i'm UK then, Our DVD Region is the same as Japan :D

but the movie is really good!! i've watched like half an hour so far (still going) its great! you gotta watch it !!
i'm gonna watch more later tommorow sometime !

Offline Alexiel

• "A True Fan"
« Reply #15 on: September 15 2005, 12:37 pm »
By some miracle, I just saw the movie... Lol. OMG from the screenshots I had no idea that was Bahamut until my brother told me... o_O" And now I know what you the people meant by unrealistic battle scenes... but nonetheless, all the Matrix-like stuff was cool. ^______^

Offline Emperor Shaoran

• Gyonin will make a proclaimation...
« Reply #16 on: September 15 2005, 09:11 pm »
I bought the rather mouth-watering FF7 Advent Children Advent Pieces limited Edition set that cost a bomb (over $321). Tried to cancel it at the last minute coz I had second thoughts at the amount of money I was spending, but they already sent it a few days before it was due to be released! Fate I assume. It is expected to arrive tomorrow (no doubt with a hefty customs charge tagged to it)... Oh well.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #17 on: September 16 2005, 02:45 am »
I am also a HUGE FF Fan who LOVED the orginal game (played it WELL OVER 100 hours +++)
couldn't get enough of it.

i just don't know about a few things from the movie...
Show content
like how teh hell did Cloud survive being shot in the head right at the very start!? [/spolier]
-

and Reno made me laugh too :D
Show content
Loved the first part where Cloud meets them and he goes in teh door and Reno tries to fight him and he gets locked out XD haha and when he kept saying things through the door. And boy he says "YO" a lot XD but still throughout the movie he was entertaining :D
-

my subs went off screen a few times but i got the drift.

one thing i also didn't get (havn't played FF7 in a while)
Show content
there was a wolf that you see throughout the movie. (not red stupid!) but he was around where Aerith died and also around where cloud was in his "whiteness vision"
-

Show content
And who else loved the part of Seeing Aerith at the very end with Zack? YEAH!! and i also liked it when Aerith helped Cloud jump up to slice that Bahumat in half too, I thought that was really sweet!. I think Cloud really loved her, But to the end is Cloud calling Aerith his mother? that left me contemplating. But i know there was definatly some sort of love between the two. Aerith is my fav Femaie character in FFVII!
-

and how can i not mention Cloud's amazing Splitting Sword? HELL YEA !!!
Show content
Man i loved seeing cloud juggle around his swords. Remmember the part when He was Fighting Sephiroth at the end and he made his Blades appear all around Sephiroth and he kept slicing him, man that was sweet!
-

plus they had the Long-Awaited-Good-Graphics fight that i had been waiting for. And that THEME !!! God i love his Orchestral Theme XD
(Yea you know which part i'm on about  :wink: )
Show content
When Kudaj drank the JENOVA Juice (yea thats what i call it  :tongue3: ) and turned into Sephiroth, That was a AWESOME Fight. The One i've been waiting for years!! Best Fight in the Movie, Like when Cloud was standing on his sword (when he jabbed it into the wall) and Sephiroth made teh tower fall down) that was pretty nifty too.
-

i'm gonna watch that movie again!

maybe it seems a bit saying too, but teh credits where REALLY COOL!!!
« Last Edit: September 16 2005, 04:55 am by VexNet »

Offline Alexiel

• "A True Fan"
« Reply #18 on: September 16 2005, 05:17 am »
Show content
Don't you mean how Cloud survived a headshot in the end? lol

I didn't really get the wolf thing... lol. Probably since I never played FF7 (yes, flame me if you must. lol)

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #19 on: September 16 2005, 05:52 am »
Show content
Don't you mean how Cloud survived a headshot in the end? lol

I didn't really get the wolf thing... lol. Probably since I never played FF7 (yes, flame me if you must. lol)
Show content
end? but nah, ya know when yazoo jumped right over him on the bike and *LITERALLY* Shot him at very close range right in the head, you know he hits cos his glasses fly off and all is left is a LITTLE blood, o.O