AuthorTopic: yelan  (Read 39330 times)

Offline Hypercrabby

• All Your Syaorans are Belong to us
  • Big Fan
  • A Syaoran fanatic
Re: yelan
« Reply #80 on: February 21 2006, 05:44 pm »
I came across some interesting facts, recently. You know how each character has an image album?
Well, Syaoran's includes a track with Sakura and him chatting. In one point in the conversation, they get on the subject of their parents. From here on I'll quote. Forgive me if my translating is a bit off:
Sakura: So what about your parents?
Syaoran: I used to see my dad a lot when I was young, but...
Sakura: I'd love to meet your dad!
Syaoran: My dad...died when I was a small boy.
Sakura: I'm sorry.
Syaoran: It's ok.
Sakura: I'm really sorry, but I guess we're the same...
Syaoran: About what?
Sakura: Apparently I used to see my mom a lot, but she died when I was so young I don't really know.
Syaoran: So that's how it is...
Sakura: But! But! We have a lot of pictures of her! Do you too, Li-Kun?
Syaoran: Nope!
Sakura: Howcome?
Syaoran: Well, because of various things...
Sakura: Hooeee?

So, something happened that made Syaoran never get to see pics of his dad. I don't know if that means Yelan was bitter toward him or what, but something went on.

Offline Hikari B.

• "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #81 on: February 22 2006, 08:41 am »
Hmm... Guess we just have our imagination. ^^ I always imagined the dad with eyes that change blue/brown/green on some cirumstances, messy brown hair and he wears glasses when he read books. Like Hatori from Furuba! ^^;;

Offline bie liao

• Bishie of the moment : back on my Kamui spree
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #82 on: February 22 2006, 08:46 am »
I came across some interesting facts, recently. You know how each character has an image album?
Well, Syaoran's includes a track with Sakura and him chatting. In one point in the conversation, they get on the subject of their parents. From here on I'll quote. Forgive me if my translating is a bit off:
Sakura: Apparently I used to see my mom a lot, but she died when I was so young I don't really know.

So, something happened that made Syaoran never get to see pics of his dad. I don't know if that means Yelan was bitter toward him or what, but something went on.

Thats so very helpful, Hypercrabby!  Now at least we know he's dead, though I figured that all along, and we know that Syaoran isn't exactly bitter, is he?  I mean, I haven't heard it so I can't tell about his tone or anything, but it doesn't sound bitter.

And Yelan doesn't exactly seem like the kind of woman who'd hold grudges; but maybe thats just me.  She always seemed to exhume that whole 'I'm too far above that kind of thing' air.

Once again, maybe its just me...^ ^;;
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

[ -  F o r u m  F a m i l y  - ]
Little sis - hikari_blaze ; babypigggy ; Okamirei ; wishingstarx
Big sis - Moon Li ; lilaznrycegurl ; Shiunu  ; Aya-chan
Aunt - pretty
Cousin - *+chibiwings+* ; Cherry-chan

My NEW Photobucket Account with never before seen graphics!

Offline Hypercrabby

• All Your Syaorans are Belong to us
  • Big Fan
  • A Syaoran fanatic
« Reply #83 on: February 22 2006, 05:13 pm »
Well...this was early in the series, I presume. When Sakura and Syaoran are chatting earlier, Syaoran is very short and rude with her. Saying things like, "Let's just get on with this homework" -_-
Anyways, he sounds more relaxed later. When he refuses to say why there are no pictures, he regains his bitter tone. I imagine it's too embarressing for him to talk about, but who knows. You really gotta hear it to know how he sounds. That's my point of view, though.

Offline sueanne94

« Reply #84 on: December 05 2007, 12:45 pm »
hmm... that's a intresting question... never thought of it before... but in my opinian, i think syaoran is quite shocked because he knows his mother as a strict person and she just easily accepted sakura...(maybe sakura is much more sweeter than syaoran and show more emotions... *giggles)
~Sue Anne~

Offline nicole_shimun

• kamui kun to subaru kun kakui desu wa~
« Reply #85 on: December 07 2007, 08:22 pm »
well, maybe syaoran's dad didnt like to take photos or blushes madly in front of cameras or something like that ....  :heh: but its such a pity that syaoran lost his dad in such an early age T.T~ demo look at the good side, syaoran needs not to worry when he introduces sakura to his family especially OKAH- SAMA ;D since she knew that she'll make a great daughter in law~ *hahas*

hihi~ nice to meet u all!

~*watashi no forum family n_n*~
onee-chan~ moon li                        oni-chan~ kuro puppy
taisetchu no tomodachi~ chibi kitty ( buta obaa-chan )

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #86 on: December 08 2007, 03:26 am »
I had an idea his father had past on, because I do recall him saying that, and until now I didn't know where he said it. Thx
HyperCrabby
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Qiara Koduki

• New Fan
« Reply #87 on: December 29 2008, 03:35 pm »
Everytime I think about it, it links back to Fujitaka 'cause it reminds me of Syaoran in TRC. It's really hard to imagine, Sakura's dad really looks like Shaoran (Kinda...) at least for their hair. It's brown and the two of them love archeology.

Shaoran gave a big applause for Sakura's dad when he explains about pyramids. That means he really have intrest on them.

There's more then a royal palace, look outside the window, who knows? Adventure awaits...

Offline light09

« Reply #88 on: July 06 2009, 06:33 am »

i know this is late...but where is this character album?? where can I find it?? and where/when is that conversation between sakura and syaoran??