AuthorTopic: CCS DVDs?  (Read 8700 times)

Offline Kazemon15

• Neku obessed! WEWY Rocks!. =3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Currently Digimon obessed. =3
CCS DVDs?
« on: June 28 2007, 10:25 am »
I'm trying to find the official English uncut DVDs of CCS. I found some on Amazon.com but I'm not sure how many DVDs are in the whole set. It's vol 1-18... I'm not sure if those contain all 70 episodes. I wanna know if buying this set is better than buying the boxsets which is like 2 different sets each for 100 dollars.
Amazon vol 1-18

Kurogane: My whole being exists for my master's sake;
my whole being belongs to my master.
I here vow to live by only that on my true name that none but my master knows.
KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart
I am a member of Syaoran-Shrine group | TSubasa group
"Someone who understands, admires and loves you isn't a fan; it's a friend." - Kai Hiwatari, Beyblade G Revolution
Manga scan color artist found. < Click to see one scans
Sorry, my fellow Tsubasa fans, Digmon will always be number one above Tsubasa for me. =3

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Re: CCS DVDs?
« Reply #1 on: June 28 2007, 04:49 pm »

Contains the same DVDs as the original first 9.

Contains the same DVDs as the original set 10-18.

I have both sets and they are identical. It depends on which set you want. Many like the original simply because it was out first plus for the artwork on each case. The boxset at the time of its release was cheaper in price than the 18 DVD sets however since Geneon decided not to renew the license to the Cardcaptor Sakura series, they have been available at a much cheaper cost as of late.

Either way both are good buys.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #2 on: June 28 2007, 05:22 pm »

Contains the same DVDs as the original first 9.

do you per chance know a good place that sells the Clow Book dvd set? i still need it and every place i go to asks for creditcards (I don't have one). I managed to buy Sakura Book from a Belgium place coz they accept bankdeposits but their Clow Book set was sold out v.v

It a pain in the neck to get anime's in Europe :(
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Kasawa Lanford

• Roleplay Extrodeiner, have a question, please ask :)
  • Administrator
  • cRAzY fan
  • Insane Story Writer Nut, CCS Fan Nut
« Reply #3 on: June 29 2007, 04:37 pm »
If it says it has all eighteen volumes, then it has all the episodes ;)

I bought this set from Robert Anime - Cardcaptor Sakura Complete Series Set, Vol #1-18, DVD Mega-Bundle (Uncut Subtitled Edition)

Most of the time online anyway you have to use a credit card, security reasons.

Thank you bLuetopaz for Siggy and Avatar! ^_^
:Forum Family:

Imoto-chan: lika-chi
Imoto-chan: OniiChanTouya
Imouto-chan: Cherry-chan
Imouto-chan: Starfire
Imouto-chan: babypigggy

:Stories:
Mark of the Catalyst

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 19 2008, 10:29 pm »

Contains the same DVDs as the original set 10-18.

I have both sets and they are identical. It depends on which set you want. Many like the original simply because it was out first plus for the artwork on each case. The boxset at the time of its release was cheaper in price than the 18 DVD sets however since Geneon decided not to renew the license to the Cardcaptor Sakura series, they have been available at a much cheaper cost as of late.

Either way both are good buys.

This use to be the case. However, a year and a half has gone by and now they're getting much harder to find. The boxsets commonly fetch $100 + on eBay and one sealed set right now is at $200.

<almost tempted to sell both of my sealed sets if they can command such a high price...but I'd NEVER sell them!>

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"

Offline Kazemon15

• Neku obessed! WEWY Rocks!. =3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Currently Digimon obessed. =3
« Reply #5 on: May 20 2008, 12:46 pm »
This use to be the case. However, a year and a half has gone by and now they're getting much harder to find. The boxsets commonly fetch $100 + on eBay and one sealed set right now is at $200.

<almost tempted to sell both of my sealed sets if they can command such a high price...but I'd NEVER sell them!>

I saw both boxsets at the anime store, but lacked the money to buy them. I just hope they'll still be there when I get a job and get the money to get them.

Kurogane: My whole being exists for my master's sake;
my whole being belongs to my master.
I here vow to live by only that on my true name that none but my master knows.
KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart
I am a member of Syaoran-Shrine group | TSubasa group
"Someone who understands, admires and loves you isn't a fan; it's a friend." - Kai Hiwatari, Beyblade G Revolution
Manga scan color artist found. < Click to see one scans
Sorry, my fellow Tsubasa fans, Digmon will always be number one above Tsubasa for me. =3

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 25 2008, 11:56 pm »

The Sakura Book DVD set that I mentioned earlier selling on eBay? It sold for $380!!!  :surprised:

Offline Qiara Koduki

• New Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 27 2008, 08:18 pm »
Whoa
I have the complete set of CCS movie 1 & 2, but it's VCD not DVD, it's Japanese, but then I could learn Japanese more  so I don't really mind with the dubbing

There's more then a royal palace, look outside the window, who knows? Adventure awaits...

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 28 2008, 10:32 am »
VCD?!! Guess if you put up with the low quality, it's better than nothing ;)

Teh Bootz of the series are going up slightly, usually around $35-$50 on eBay, the original 18 DVD set intact, prepare to pay some big $$$ (standard price around $250 and up to $600 on eBay) and the two limited edition sets (Clow Book and Sakura Book), lots of luck finding those and if you do, about $200 each.

Me? I gots them all and my Clow and Sakura Book sets are still sealed :D

Offline Qiara Koduki

• New Fan
« Reply #9 on: December 29 2008, 03:22 pm »
I'm so jealous.....!!!!!!

There's more then a royal palace, look outside the window, who knows? Adventure awaits...

Offline Arcademan

• Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 25 2009, 01:21 am »
Update: If you want to buy the original sets (either the 18 DVD set or the two book sets) prepare to pay up the nose!

Most costs on eBay between $300 to $750. Individual DVD volumes may be your best bet as they go around $15-$25 each. The book sets still run in the $175-$300 region. Teh bootz are about $50 for all 70 eps. The two movies are still decently priced and teh bootz with both movies on a single DVD disc run as low as $6.