AuthorTopic: [TRC] Episode 17 : The Cafe in Sakura Country  (Read 23748 times)

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
[TRC] Episode 17 : The Cafe in Sakura Country
« on: July 28 2005, 09:00 pm »
Tsubasa Chronicle: Episode 17

This is the discussion topic for Episode 17 of TRC.

This episode is titled: The Cafe in Sakura Country

- Episode has aired, topic unlocked.
« Last Edit: August 20 2005, 10:08 pm by SLi »
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
Re: [TRC] Episode 17 : The Cafe in Sakura Country
« Reply #1 on: August 02 2005, 11:03 am »
I loved this episode!  :okay: One of the best ones yet! The animation and music is really nice; the Sakura trees look really great!
A little bit of Touya and Yukito, nice!
The welcoming committee reminds me of the girls from Mahou Sensei Negima  :sweatdrop:
 :lol: Haha, Syaoran's expression when he saw what Fai wrote was funny!
i love their outfits!  :inlove: lol, even Kurogane went 'hyuu' when Sakura was showing her dress!  :lol:
Kurogane ate the chocolate! XD Go Fai!
Ah, a childhood memory! kawaii-ne~
Hn? Fai is with Kurogane and Syaoran this time they went kijii hunting..
At last, more action in TC! they managed to show a little blood this time  :sweatdrop:

awsome episode, it was nicely paced. Can't wait for the next, the preview looks really great!  :keke:

Offline Ellie

• Hey, what can I say? I'm a KuroFai fan! ^_^
« Reply #2 on: August 02 2005, 12:09 pm »
The raw was pretty cool.  Yay for having Touya and Yukito in there...ya for keeping most of the manga events in there...a few small additions but those were good and replaced the ones missing (AKA "Syaoran, you're blind in one eye aren't you." was moved to during the kiji fight).  YAY THEY KEPT THE KUROFAI hint(s) in too!  I hope they also keep in the times Kurogane tries to kill Fai for giving him the name Big Doggy. 
XD Kurogane goes "Hyuu!" (Fai must be influencing him more than he wants him too ^_^ ) so funny!  Great addition...
and the art is great, plus there is new music!! Yay yay and yay!
"...I'm also pretty sure that he and Fai aren't going to go skipping off together into the sunset at the end of the manga, either. I think it's possible that they may end up... together... somewhere... but I don't think there'll be any wedding dresses involved. Tragically. I bet CLAMP would draw a really nice wedding dress for Fai, too, with those embroidered flower things all over it... gaaaaaaahhhh... [ *drooling* ]..."
---Black and White  http://duskglass.com/blueskies/atlantis.php

Offline sofiacardcaptors

• I'm a dreamer with a hidden power
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I'm a dreamer with a hidden power...
« Reply #3 on: August 02 2005, 12:49 pm »
hahaha "Big Doggy" sounds so cuteee xD i don't know why kurogane dislikes it xDDD
hahahaha Little Kitty sounds pretty good too *---------*

Shaoran is great although he has a defect in his rght eye >.< but he's perfect! o_O

*||  Sakura no Hikaru ||* - Animakura  - Sofi-chan LiveJournal
Forum Family ^-^
Sister: CherryandWolfLover
Little sister: fisah
Aunt: Fye-chan
Twin-sis: Lexi
Big bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Big sis: bLuetopaz
Cousin: Ralea
Little sis: Ruby Chan
Twin sis: princess_kakurine
Sis: Cherry-chan
Sis: Goku [cardcaptors_ria]
Sis: rusty
Big bro: Kuropuppy
Big sis: Møon Li
Little sis: HaCk<3

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 02 2005, 07:15 pm »
yeees even kurogane said 'hyuuu' but it was kinda weird the way he said it...hehe so not like him ... why didn't syaoran blush >.<
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline aquarius_star

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #5 on: August 02 2005, 08:18 pm »
*sighz* is something wrong with the subtitled BT link? It doesn't move one bit eventhough I've been dl it eversince last night

Offline Fye-chan

• I respect your opinion. Just don't want to hear it!!!
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Open your eyes: see the things which are invisible
« Reply #6 on: August 02 2005, 08:52 pm »
Uhhh I really like this epi!!
When Kuro-woolfy saied Hyuu it was so cool and Syaorans face when Fye write down the aliases, KAWAII!!!!!! ^^
But they never say that Syaorans right eye cannot see. For someone who don't know that it could be difficult to find it out...
But Syaorans eye looked cool while he was fighting at the oni!
Please visit my:  Doujinshi ~ AMV's ~  My Shingetsutan AMV's

set made by .::ka::.

My lovely Forum Family <3 : 
older sisters - AkaiYuki, Sakaki 
brother - c3d   
little sisters - Director of Music,  rusty,  Zeldi
nieces - Cherry-chan,    sofiacardcaptors
special-german-sister: Kyo
twin sis - pretty

Offline SandSLover

• Big Fan
« Reply #7 on: August 02 2005, 10:00 pm »
i agree- this is the best episode yet- TRC IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER AND BETTER and better!!

i have only managed to see the raw thus i dont get what they are saying! But i loved all the parts, esp, the beginning when they were attacked, syaoran was first line of defence, kurogane was second, and fai was third protecting sakura- that was soooooooooooooooooos sweet!!  :inlove:

and the kurogane's whistle moment hyuu- that was sooo cute, fai must have been proud!!

and sakura showing off her dress- all the boys reaction was sugoi, we even see a little blush frm syaoran and sakura!! awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! :inlove: :inlove:

and all flashback chibi moments are sooooooo sweet!!!

nw, the subtitled version, it says the tracker is currently down so its not downloadable yet, so i guess we have to wait- but it will be well worth it!!! :okay:

I love this epii!!!  :heh:
"There are no such things as coincedences, only inevitability"

Offline totosquirt

• New Fan
  • La lala...
« Reply #8 on: August 03 2005, 04:34 am »
*sighz* is something wrong with the subtitled BT link? It doesn't move one bit eventhough I've been dl it eversince last night

Yah, there is something wrong. Not the BT, but the tracker at scarywater. The tracker is a little broken so LE has to contact scarywater and ask them to fix the tracker. Once it is fixed, you can download it. I used LE's IRC to get my subbed verison of tsubasa. Hehe...

Note: LE = live evil! whoo! :okay:

Now for my review:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dattebayo and Live-Evil were a little late on getting the file ready (I didn't torrent it, took too long.) but I got the file. Anyways, now for my review.

Ooh! Finally in the country of Oto! This is my favourite country so far. I haven't seen the other countries yet since I am reading the US version of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Hehe, the expression of Syaoran's face when Fai wrote their names down is cool. Since the signs were in japanese, I would think that Kurogane or Mokona would know the writing system and wrote their names properly, but putting in the aliases were a LOT funnier! hehe...

Sakura's new dress was cool and I like the Oni fighting. The shiny-ness in Syaoran's right eye was cool and it showed his disabilities. And a peek at Yuzuriha Nekoi and her group...hehe! Can't wait!

...but the way they defined oni as monster child...I read a different one in the US version of Tsubasa. If you want to, I can quote it from the def. book from the US Tsubasa.

I give this episode a thumbs up  :okay:

---------------------
Has anybody spotted Miyuki? I did :D
« Last Edit: August 03 2005, 06:07 am by totosquirt »
...there is only HITSUZEN

Offline KirakiraInu

• Good Fan
  • The Cat's Eye Cafe Kitties
« Reply #9 on: August 03 2005, 06:03 am »
Yay! I liked this episode! They are finally in Outo!!!!!!!! ^_^ I can't wait to see Kurogane and Syaoran's reaction to the funny aliases Fai gave them! This is gonna be so much fun!!!!

The art is now way better compared to some of the earlier episodes, and they are keeping alot more of the events! I liked the beginning of the episode with Touya and Yukito! :D it's been FOREVER since we've seen Yukito! They drew Clow pretty well too!

Yay! Fai stuffed the chocolate into Kurogane's mouth! And They kept the fact that there's something wrong with Syaoran's eye. I'm happy!! And we got to see Kusanagi, Yuzuriha, and Inuki!!!!

Can't wait for the next episode!!!!!! I wanna see Fai throw darts!
They say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom, and the forther you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you'll become as a result - Hiyono Yuizaki (Spiral-suiri no kizuna)

Offline Tofusensei

« Reply #10 on: August 03 2005, 05:59 pm »
...but the way they defined oni as monster child...I read a different one in the US version of Tsubasa. If you want to, I can quote it from the def. book from the US Tsubasa.

In Japanese they use a non-standard way of writing "oni". Instead of using the character for "oni" they combine two characters "oni" and a character that means "animal/beast child". If it was translated as anything differently in the English manga they exercised some editorial discretion. I try to give you the most accurate translation as possible ><

As far as the download. I think it's time you people learn how to download off of irc. If you came to the #live-evil irc channel you can get it off of multiple xdcc bots and http direct downloads. It's silly to sit around and wait for scarywater to fix itself ><

-Tofu

Offline Fye-chan

• I respect your opinion. Just don't want to hear it!!!
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Open your eyes: see the things which are invisible
« Reply #11 on: August 03 2005, 08:04 pm »
I also can't wait to see the realationship between Syaoran and Ryu-oh!!! Ahhh that's so sweet!!! WAIII
Please visit my:  Doujinshi ~ AMV's ~  My Shingetsutan AMV's

set made by .::ka::.

My lovely Forum Family <3 : 
older sisters - AkaiYuki, Sakaki 
brother - c3d   
little sisters - Director of Music,  rusty,  Zeldi
nieces - Cherry-chan,    sofiacardcaptors
special-german-sister: Kyo
twin sis - pretty

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #12 on: August 04 2005, 01:10 pm »
I think I can safely say that <i>everyone</i> has been looking forward to this story arc where our gang finally arrive in Outo! The Sakura themed city, the cafe, the monster fighting, and a very cool character from Tokyo Babylon and X1999 plus a few revelations here and there make this a definite fan favourite. How does it translate from manga to anime? Brilliantly!

The animation is the best yet, with lots of emotions and yes, BLOOD! The music suits the scenes very well, especially the "thankyou" flashback which simply by the pacing and music made Sakura and Saoran <i>click</i> for me for the first time in the anime. In the manga, there was no doubt in my mind they're a great couple, but they just havn't been working for me in the anime until now. Great job here.

Didn't see Miyuki! Is she only going to get a one ep appearance in the anime???

This arc will be interesting for fans, like me who are reading the official English translation manga from Del Rey which is only up to this arc and the next issue due for release in October. We'll actually be seeing some events in the anime first before the manga!

Can't wait for the next episode!

5 stars!
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline .::ka::.

• "HUmp!" like Kuro-tan XD
  • Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
« Reply #13 on: August 04 2005, 01:32 pm »
I can see Miyuki !!! XDD She's quite small, but it just so fun to see Miyuki in this ep XDD
- Starting from here - Let's make a promise - You and me - Let's just be honest -
Kurogane is <3

My Precious <~ down for a while >___>  | My Journal
Forum Family
My lovely little sis XD Kai Mizuki [/i] & Aya-chan[/i]

Offline totosquirt

• New Fan
  • La lala...
« Reply #14 on: August 04 2005, 11:31 pm »
Where?!?!? Where?!?!? :cry:

You know when the four girls introduce Syaoran-tachi (which means Syaoran's group) to Outo, you see tiny Miyuki in the background running with her bag. It is only for like two seconds but she's there. :D
...there is only HITSUZEN

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #15 on: August 05 2005, 03:28 am »
this episode was really funny!

Kurogane and Fye are really martial art experts huh.. *thumbs up to both of them*

yup, love the Kuro-Fye-Mokona as well as Syaoran-Sakura moments!

*great episode*

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

warauKuro-rin

« Reply #16 on: August 05 2005, 06:03 am »
Heh heh, just watched it, and I have to say it was so kawaii!

Ah, the flashback scene when Sakura taught Syaoran to say "A...ri...ga...tou" was so cute, I almost cried ^ ^ Spotted Miyuki also!

I liked seeing Touya and Yukito too, miss them.
I have to say this was an excellent episode, and I can't wait for the next one!

Offline sofiacardcaptors

• I'm a dreamer with a hidden power
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I'm a dreamer with a hidden power...
« Reply #17 on: August 05 2005, 06:49 am »
yeahh!! Shaoran is so cute >.< *---*
I like this episode.. now, i could see it complete *-*
I really like sakura's clothes *.* she's a beautiful waitress!

i love the song tsubasa *-*  I listen to it again and again!

*||  Sakura no Hikaru ||* - Animakura  - Sofi-chan LiveJournal
Forum Family ^-^
Sister: CherryandWolfLover
Little sister: fisah
Aunt: Fye-chan
Twin-sis: Lexi
Big bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Big sis: bLuetopaz
Cousin: Ralea
Little sis: Ruby Chan
Twin sis: princess_kakurine
Sis: Cherry-chan
Sis: Goku [cardcaptors_ria]
Sis: rusty
Big bro: Kuropuppy
Big sis: Møon Li
Little sis: HaCk<3

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #18 on: August 05 2005, 06:58 am »
I loved the fact that they kept in the Touya and Yukito bit at the beginning! I was so afraid that they'd cut it!

Oto at last! It was brilliant! Kurogane ate the chocolate after all! And yes, the Sakura teaching Syaoran to say thankyou was so kawaii!

But they never actually said that Syaoran was blind in his right eye, did they? Just that his eye was injured......

I think this was my favourite episode so far! Bring on episode 18! I hope they keep the bit when Fai gets injured in....I want to see Kurogane carrying him.

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline lika-chi

• crazy and hyper ^_^
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • ~anime freak~
« Reply #19 on: August 05 2005, 08:39 am »
o.O I finally watched this episode! lolz. I like it. That flashbacks were cool. Plus seeing Touya and Yukito was awesome too!

ROFL! Kurogane 'whistled' at Sakura. ROFL! That was so funny! lolz. XD

I liked this episode. I liked everything about it.

So.. Syaoran's blind in one eye. (I think the manga spoiled me. ROFL)
I love my forum family and all but it's a bit out of hand, ne? ][ icon by shen_yi from LJ

My Writing LJ    My LiveJournal