AuthorTopic: [TRC] Episode 16 : Strength and Kindness  (Read 20664 times)

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
[TRC] Episode 16 : Strength and Kindness
« on: July 21 2005, 11:03 pm »
Tsubasa Chronicle: Episode 16

This is the discussion topic for Episode 16 of TRC.

This episode is titled: Strength and Kindness

- Episode has aired, topic unlocked
« Last Edit: July 23 2005, 08:27 pm by SLi »
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
Re: [TRC] Episode 16 : Strength and Kindness
« Reply #1 on: July 23 2005, 10:45 pm »
Here we are, the first Tsubasa anime original episode... and boy did I wish they just stuck to the manga and that this one off world only lasted for one episode! All the characters were written as stereotypes of themselves (sometimes to the extreme in the case of Faye and Kurogane), the animation was B grade at best and the design and feel of this world was just "blah".

Here we have an anime with the concept that every episode can be an entorely different world, with different characters and what do we get? Uninspired sword fights (they look like kids playing with cardboard swords) and the two most boring supporting characters ever to meet our gang.

This episode was just lazy. They could have done anything but instead we just got CRAP. Sorry, but there is nothing in this ep that is honestly worth watching. Skip it. :protest:
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline Tofusensei

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #2 on: July 24 2005, 08:22 am »
I dunno, I kinda liked it :/

The Wolf's Rain cameo was fun :D They completely ripped off the animation style.

-Tofu

Offline Okamirei

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #3 on: July 24 2005, 02:42 pm »
Aw...it wasn't that bad.  :sweatdrop:
The art was great; just wish they would put in more action.
Was that a new version of the 'tsubasa' song I heard?  :keke:
Hehe, the time Kurogane and Fai were facing each other was funny XD
Looks like they based the ruin structure on the mayan ruins. ...cool.
Keefer looked a lot like Syaoran..was it because of his eyes?

Overall, the episode was okay. I'll give it 3 stars out of 5.
I really want to see the next episode!  :greengrin: They're finally going to Outo!

Offline Brad

• Big Fan
  • Puu!
« Reply #4 on: July 24 2005, 11:16 pm »
I noticed that too. The Tsubasa song in this ep was in JAPANESE! The ones in the other eps are in English. Sounds a lot better in Japanese I think.  :wink:
Swing by my two babies, Loop: TRC & Link: xxxHolic

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #5 on: July 25 2005, 01:18 am »
i thought this episode was great!

i love the 'fighting' scenes between Fye and Kurogane.. it was so funny! i guess Kuro-san finally meets his match in terms of fighting!

yeah, like Okamirei-san, i agree that Keefer looked like Syaoran and Charme looked like Sakura.. or is this just me?

the "Tsubasa" song, i prefer the english version... the jap version sounds a little weird..
« Last Edit: July 25 2005, 01:57 am by bLuetopaz »

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline .::ka::.

• "HUmp!" like Kuro-tan XD
  • Mega Fan
  • HUmp ?!
« Reply #6 on: July 25 2005, 01:30 am »
Sugoi sugoi !!!!!!!!! No i'm not mean the epi ^^ i mean the song ! Tsubasa song in Jap is REALLY SUGOI !!!!! I love it more than English ver..... Sooooo cute !!!!! Wanna hear it over and over again >_______<

About the epi, I guess the animation and art work was great, but the story is boring -___-
- Starting from here - Let's make a promise - You and me - Let's just be honest -
Kurogane is <3

My Precious <~ down for a while >___>  | My Journal
Forum Family
My lovely little sis XD Kai Mizuki [/i] & Aya-chan[/i]

Offline totosquirt

• New Fan
  • La lala...
« Reply #7 on: July 25 2005, 04:42 am »
Heh, I like this episode.  :okay:  When I first saw the preview from last week, i thought Kurogane knows how to use their Zolo Thunder ability, but apparently he just got electricuted and just attacking will still being "paralyzed" when he said he wasn't  :surprised:

hehe Fai and Kurogane's fight was funny!   :hello2: :greengrin: too bad nobody won.  :hmp:

Keefer fighting to save  Charme's life? Heh, I really think that the temple guy at the beginning really meant to grant her wish. I mean, didn't Keefer's desire to save her life bring those two together? Because at the end, it was :inlove:  .

I want wait for Outo! (Or Oto however you spell it) :haha:
...there is only HITSUZEN

Offline Garnetstar

• .:S+S forever:.
  • Light of Hope
« Reply #8 on: July 25 2005, 07:11 am »
I enjoyed this episode ^^ Seeing 2 men (Syaoran and Keefer) both with strong hearts and with the same objectives (save the women they cherish the most) facing one another in a fight was moving for me. I do feel though this world segment was a bit rushed, but then again it IS a filler episode ^^ None the less, I still liked it~

Sakura x Syaoran is love ♥

Offline Sya0ran

• :: You're my Paradise ::
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • I love Syaoran!<3
« Reply #9 on: July 25 2005, 07:14 am »
I don't know about you guys but I loved this episode.  ^^  You really can't blame Bee Train for adding fillers and other stuff because TRC is going to be lasting for a full 3 seasons so its understandable.  Kurogane and Fai were absolutely wonderful.  Made me squee so damn much that my neighbors bothered to come over and check if anything was wrong with me....:P

Keefer really did look like Syaoran.  At first when the episode started I was like, "WTF?!  What's going on?!?!" but soon realized it was a filler.  Awesome.  xD  The animation could be better but its pretty decent.  When I first noticed Keefer I thought he was like a past Syaoran or something and Charme was a past Sakura (her personality reminds me of Sakura).  Turns out I'm wrong..lol

The episode is pointless but overall good.  The expressions and everything made me so happy and Sakura doesn't seem to be so useless anymore.  Well...kindof.  xP  Kuro and Fai's fight was my favorite...omfg.  WHEEE!!!  XDD  Any Kuro x Fai fan would be happy.  Aww...loved it.  Wow, Bee Train has overall done a good job and that's...scary.  lmao.

The only thing bothering me right now from all the episodes is their ears.  OMG.  So damn big...XPP  Oh yeah and Syaoran and Keefer's fight was great.  DAMN.  Syaoran is like the best....[glomps over...and over...and over...]  <333  lmfao.  One more thing  I'd like to point out, doesn't the country of...wherever they are look like Akrabah (From the disney story/movie Aladdin).  Weird and forgive my mispelling on Akrabah...^^;;;

Hmmm....and I can't wait for the next episode.  ^__^  Sakura is a maid dress is just SO kawaii...omg.  If only Syaoran would... :heh:
"I am totally happy and not dangerous mostly."

Forum Family
Little Sis:  Babypigggy <3

Zephora.Net | Amourae.Com | TRC Fansite | SasuSaku Shrine | Myspace | Fanfics

Offline Ellie

• Hey, what can I say? I'm a KuroFai fan! ^_^
« Reply #10 on: July 25 2005, 09:36 am »
Hm.  The episode is pretty good, even if it's a filler.  The country seemed kind of boring to me, and bland.  The fighting with wooden swords saddened me and did not surprise me when Kurogane fought.  The two supporting characters scared me very much.  They acted almost exactly like Syaoran and Sakura, the two love birds who can't only think of each other.  I am never too fond of cheesy romances.   :dodge:
But Bee Train is getting better.  The animation looked better than previous animations and the characters had more emotions than before (I was very amazed when Fai looked so serious in the end.  About time they showed that Fai has some angst).  They even added those Kurogane x Fai hints they left out before.  My inner kurofai fangirl squealed so much.  Best of all, they didn't focus so much on Sakura and/or Syaoran and/or their love for each other. 
The next episode looks even more promising!   :okay:  There's blood, the clothes look nice, and they still have the cross over characters!  I hope they still have Drunk!Fai along with Drunk!Sakura and Drunk!Syaoran and they little line from Fai that made Kurofai fangirls scream in delight.  OH!  and CLAMP's cats too!
« Last Edit: July 25 2005, 09:53 am by Ellie »
"...I'm also pretty sure that he and Fai aren't going to go skipping off together into the sunset at the end of the manga, either. I think it's possible that they may end up... together... somewhere... but I don't think there'll be any wedding dresses involved. Tragically. I bet CLAMP would draw a really nice wedding dress for Fai, too, with those embroidered flower things all over it... gaaaaaaahhhh... [ *drooling* ]..."
---Black and White  http://duskglass.com/blueskies/atlantis.php

Offline sofiacardcaptors

• I'm a dreamer with a hidden power
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I'm a dreamer with a hidden power...
« Reply #11 on: July 26 2005, 03:28 am »
wiiiii *-----* this episode is one of my favorites! it's really great!
Poor kurogane, he was pretty excited with that fight (fye & kurogane's fight) wiiii x) shaoran is strong too!  the fight with keefer and shaoran was sugoi! shaoran is so kind *-*
shaoran is stronger of heart as Charme-san said n.<
i enjoy that episode... n.n i want th next one!

*||  Sakura no Hikaru ||* - Animakura  - Sofi-chan LiveJournal
Forum Family ^-^
Sister: CherryandWolfLover
Little sister: fisah
Aunt: Fye-chan
Twin-sis: Lexi
Big bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Big sis: bLuetopaz
Cousin: Ralea
Little sis: Ruby Chan
Twin sis: princess_kakurine
Sis: Cherry-chan
Sis: Goku [cardcaptors_ria]
Sis: rusty
Big bro: Kuropuppy
Big sis: Møon Li
Little sis: HaCk<3

Offline Hori

• I wuvvles Shougo ^_^
  • Great Fan
  • Shougo <3 <3<3 ^_^
« Reply #12 on: July 26 2005, 03:55 am »
ditto ! .. I cant wait !!!!!!!!!

But that scene that Fai fought Kruo-woof was soooo funny .. Just that little squeek that Fai made .. It was soooo KAWAIIIII !

Dedicated to Ruby-chan ... you mad fangirl you.
Forum Family
Oniichantouya- Twin
Ruby-chan - Older sister
Sakaki - Older sister
AkaiYuki - Older sister
Okamirei - Little sister
Zeldi - Little sister
Fai - Little sister  
Starfire - Cousin

Don't be afraid of not being able to trust. Trust the unknown because it guided me. Do not be afraid to walk blind. Do not be afraid to speak and not be heard. Someone's there, I am there. Don't ever say goodbye, because I'm not gone for good.

http://world3.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=38093696

^ Cool Game ! You gotta try it !

Offline SandSLover

• Big Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 26 2005, 04:06 am »
i liked this episode for a filler!!  :hello2:
One thing to notice from the start was the animation that was drawn was top notch (much better than previous ones!! :keke:) Syaoran and Sakura looked beaut--iful!!!  :inlove:

The fights i enjoyed a lot, Fai and kurogane fight was hilarious- awwww :laughing4: It was done greatly in my opinion!
I also loved keefer and syaoran's fight- that was excellence! the music adapted very well!!! awww!!  :inlove: From the preview i actually thought keefer was syaoran in the new world with a funky costume!  :sweatdrop: anyways....
yeah, this episode i like a lot!
The art was great, animation, the storyline was okay, the music was great, but one critism- more s and s moments needed!!!  But that was okay since keefer and charme's romance was suffice! it was like looking at sakura and syaoran.  :inlove: :inlove:

Nxt eppie!!  :hello2:
"There are no such things as coincedences, only inevitability"

Offline Little Star

• Good Fan
  • I should smile? that's exactly what I do
« Reply #14 on: July 26 2005, 05:33 am »
Yeah, it was very good, the fight between Fai and Kuropin ^^ was very funny. And I love the Fai's reaction, he's very intelligent, oh I love this episode, I think that the trama is going to be interesting and exciting

.::Sakura No Yokan::.    .::Lost Tsubasa Web::.  
I should smile? that's exactly what I do   ---free butterfly ...    Thnks for the cookie ^^ I'm very happy

Offline fisah

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Pathetically Obesessed
« Reply #15 on: July 26 2005, 07:33 am »
I think I only like the filler episodes ROFL, because I thought this episode was really cute, it sorta reminded me of the episode where it was all about Sakura's kindness and now its all about Syaoran's, lol, but I like it.

Keefer looked almost identicle to Syaoran, ROFL, when he was holding that lady's hand, the one with the curse *forgot her name* I was about to say: "SYAORAN You CHEATER!" :sweatdrop:

I thought the KuroFai fight scene was cool too, lmao, Fai is so adorable. Also, who wouldn't want to see Fai's face? Kuro-pii should know that Fai is too hawt to have his face covered up :lol:

All in all, I liked this episode, and OTOU HERE WE COME! LOL
A Dream
A Glitter
A Peacful Serenity

Kira x Lacus

Forum Family <3

Little Sister- Zeldi
Sister-Lika-chi (twin? XD), Endoh, Angelic-Essence
Big Sister- moezy-chan, SofiaofCardcaptors, bluetopaz
Big Brother-Tooya_Mizuki

Offline Star

• "A True Fan"
  • ~Hyuuu~
« Reply #16 on: July 26 2005, 07:34 am »
i just got to the part where fai and kurogane are fighting  LOL!!!  LMAO!!! ROFL!! thats purrty good for an original episode!!  Go FAI!!  *fainess*  aww they lost  *waaaaaaaaaaaaa* 
btw does anyone else love fai's japanese voice i do!! i loved it at the beginning but never mentioned it
Star's Art     ~   KuroFai: Vote or Die       It's not sane......it's not sane

~Forum Family! ~
Big Brothers:  VexNet,  Kasawa Lanford  Auntie: Sakaki 
Big Sisters: Sayora Chan, bLuetopaz, Mozey-Chan  
Little Sisters: Akai Yuki (Dr. Pepper Buddy) Ruby-Chan, Zeldi
Cousins: Hori, DirectorOfMusic  Twin Sister: Quimmy
***If you're my family and you seem to be missing PM me please!***

Offline AngelLuck

« Reply #17 on: July 26 2005, 09:57 am »
i just love the part when fai and kurogane are fighting but then again im not the only one

Offline AiKo

• ~* Curious Koneko *~
  • "A True Fan"
  • M as curious as a cat~ nyahn~
« Reply #18 on: July 26 2005, 11:46 pm »
The episode looks plain to me but still good. I'm so happy the animation's getting better and better~ :hello2: They only need to improve on more actions and blood :keke:

I wuv a lot of scenes in this eppie~!
- S+S moments :love5:
- Kurogane vs Fye
- Syaoran's expression before K vs F
- The jap. "tsubasa" song
- Kurogane-Fye interactions :lol:
- Syaoran's blush~!! (or was that flustered? well... he turned pink at one time :surprised: ) :haha:
Wai~~!!! :3 :cat: i wuv cats :cat:

Offline Hori

• I wuvvles Shougo ^_^
  • Great Fan
  • Shougo <3 <3<3 ^_^
« Reply #19 on: July 27 2005, 01:52 am »
I just can get over the squeak .. ^___________________________________________^

Dedicated to Ruby-chan ... you mad fangirl you.
Forum Family
Oniichantouya- Twin
Ruby-chan - Older sister
Sakaki - Older sister
AkaiYuki - Older sister
Okamirei - Little sister
Zeldi - Little sister
Fai - Little sister  
Starfire - Cousin

Don't be afraid of not being able to trust. Trust the unknown because it guided me. Do not be afraid to walk blind. Do not be afraid to speak and not be heard. Someone's there, I am there. Don't ever say goodbye, because I'm not gone for good.

http://world3.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=38093696

^ Cool Game ! You gotta try it !