AuthorTopic: Kurogane - Character Discussion  (Read 16719 times)

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
Re: Kurogane - Ninja Of The Night
« Reply #20 on: September 12 2005, 10:05 am »
There was a discussion going on chibiyuuto's journal about Kurogane's scar on his left hand... I never noticed he had one before! But someone even went through the manga and highlighted all the points where you can see it: http://www.livejournal.com/users/chibiyuuto/42225.html?thread=1009905#t1009905

Supposedly it was left out on the color picture of chap. 34, but in the tankuban it was added back in, which means it must be important. (just curious, does anyone have the tankuban with chap. 34 that they can scan? I'd like to see it)

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #21 on: September 12 2005, 04:51 pm »
I noticed his scar, too! First thing I thought: "Oooh! Kamui scar!" LOL! I think there may be a significance to it, too, although they haven't even mentioned it, yet. Like Chi. And Ashura. And the two bad guys. And everything else on Tsubasa that they constantly show but never say anything about...
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #22 on: September 16 2005, 05:25 am »
I can't help wondering if maybe it's a sign of a painful past...I mean, they all seem to have one other than Sakura, right? Kurogane seems to strong and tough....but he's shown enough of him to let us know that he DOES let emotions get the better of him sometimes. I just wonder whether something happened when he was younger, and that's why he became so gruff....like maybe he was fighting to protect somebody, and failed, resulting in their death? Maybe he got the scar in that fight?

Hmm...it could tie in to his 'hatred' of people like Fai too....maybe the person who died was sort of like Fai, and the blonde brings back painful memories for Kuro-muu?

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #23 on: September 16 2005, 11:43 am »
Kyaa, Ruby chan, I didn't think of that! (That maybe he lost someone and Fai reminds him of that person..) That'd be interesting, ne? But anyway, now that we've mentioned that scar on here, it's really starting to bother me! Everytime I see him I look for it! XD

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #24 on: September 18 2005, 02:21 am »
I only just read chibiyuuto's blog, and after that, I was driven to look for the scar in the manga. At first I thought it was just a line to show bone/muscle on the hand, but I looked closer, and it really does resemble a scar. That's probably why it was such a pain when he got hurt in the Dragonfly Race.

I never noticed it before, and now it's bugging me. I guess Fai and Syaoran are not the only ones with a mysterious past.

Offline Alexiel

• Formerly Angelic-Essence
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #25 on: September 18 2005, 03:38 am »
I never really noticed that either... I thought it was just a shadowing that CLAMP was doing. lolz

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #26 on: September 22 2005, 05:51 am »
Nani?! Kurogane has a scar on his left hand, never noticed that before.
I have a scar on my right hand *so close, yet so far*  :cry:

Well, you can't have everything ne? :D
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #27 on: September 22 2005, 08:38 am »
Nani?! Kurogane has a scar on his left hand, never noticed that before.
I have a scar on my right hand *so close, yet so far*  :cry:

Well, you can't have everything ne? :D

Awe! That sucks! >_< My friend's eyesight is way worse in her left eye than her right eye and that makes her all mad because of Seishirou! XD (Yuki's eyesight is the same in both eyes! O.o Weird, ne?)

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #28 on: September 23 2005, 03:24 am »
kinda weird yeah
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #29 on: September 25 2005, 08:05 pm »
Wow! That's weird! I just realised...I have a scar on my right hand....so kinda like Kurogane's....and I play him a lot too!

Heh...Kurogane's turned into my favourite character now...although I prefer the way he's drawn in the manga - the anime's softened up his trademark eternally-on-my-face scowl.
« Last Edit: November 02 2005, 09:16 pm by Ruby Chan »

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #30 on: September 26 2005, 01:23 am »
Wow! That's weird! I just realised...I have a scar on my right hand....so kinda like Kurogane's....and I play him a lot too!

How interesting, Ruby Chan! =D I don't think I have anything in common with any of the characters..@_@

Heh...Kurogane's turned into my favourite character now...although I prefer the way he's drawn in the manga - the anime's softened up his trademar eternally-on-my-face scowl.

I prefer the manga drawn Kurogane too. In addition to the scowl, somehow the anime Kurogane looks less muscle-y. X3

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Re: Kurogane - Character Discussion
« Reply #31 on: November 02 2005, 09:18 pm »
Yeah, plus in the anime he seems less well developed and less of a stern, formidable character. He's more of a selfish idiot than the stubborn warrior we're all used to reading in the manga.

But I do like watching his fight scenes in the anime - especially the one with the oni, and the later one with Seishirou!

Offline AkaiYuki

• "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #32 on: November 04 2005, 04:05 am »
Yeah, plus in the anime he seems less well developed and less of a stern, formidable character. He's more of a selfish idiot than the stubborn warrior we're all used to reading in the manga.

But I do like watching his fight scenes in the anime - especially the one with the oni, and the later one with Seishirou!

Yeah, I agree.. He just seems so much more mature and powerful in the manga than in the anime... We also can't see how much he cares for the group in the anime! Maybe when it gets to Shurano in like, a million years, we can see that. ((Because of that thing he did for Syao Syao))

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #33 on: November 04 2005, 04:13 am »
*sigh*
i feel really sorry for Kuro-chan after reading those latest chapters (especially 96)
It's no wonder he became so cold! His daddy was fighting to protect his people too, and look at what happened! So now Kurogane simply fights to get stronger! So he can have his reveeeenge!!! (my theory anyway)

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #34 on: November 04 2005, 05:22 am »
Agreed, Meowzy!
Show content
I can just imagine the survivor's guilt he has now. T__T No wonder he wants to be so strong... he wants to be able to protect the people he cares about from now on, since he couldn't protect his family. T_T And yeah, no wonder he's so cold, too! I just realized though, Kuro hasn't gotten his scar yet (I think). I wonder what's going to happen to him now that he's met Souma and Kendappa?
« Last Edit: November 04 2005, 07:19 am by Pikari »

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #35 on: November 04 2005, 06:54 am »
Fill me in, someone? I haven't got that far yet......what happened in his past?

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #36 on: November 04 2005, 07:22 am »
Ruby Chan:
Show content
Basically everyone died. T__T What looked like Fei Wong's arm came out of a dimension hole and stabbed his mother (in front of his eyes), and a demon/goblin ate his father so there was nothing left but his arm holding Ginryuu. And the village burned to the ground. o_O At the end of 96, Kendappa shows up with Souma and introduces herself as the empress of Japan.
« Last Edit: November 04 2005, 02:11 pm by Pikari »

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #37 on: November 04 2005, 07:41 am »
Thankyou! And also.......wow!

I feel so sorry for him.....at least now we know why he's so focused on growing strong, and being tough! I wonder though.....why did that happen to his village? Was it foreseen that he'd be a part of the quest for Sakura's feathers?

And yay! Something else to add into my KuroFai fic! Kuro-muu, you better be extra glad Fai got your sword back for you!

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • SHUT UP VOICES or i'll poke you with a Q-tip again
« Reply #38 on: November 04 2005, 09:30 am »
:cry: His past is so sad  :cry:
I didn't know all that stufs!!!!

poor kurogane, i like his character and personality, but sorry Kurorin, Fye is MINE!!  :laughing4:

((siggy made my me.. be nice.. its the first shit i make that actually turns ok- ))

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #39 on: November 04 2005, 12:03 pm »
.....why did that happen to his village? Was it foreseen that he'd be a part of the quest for Sakura's feathers?

Show content
Well, his mom was the miko who was holding up the kekkai/wards that protected the territory from goblins, so when she died, they all invaded. T_T

CLAMP still hasn't explained the connections to Fei Wong or the feathers yet... they'd better give us some answers next week!!