AuthorTopic: Tales Of The Otori  (Read 10109 times)

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Re: Tales Of The Otori
« Reply #20 on: June 06 2005, 12:39 am »

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Cardwitch

• Princess of Light
  • New Fan
  • Princess of Light
Tales Of The Otori Fan Poster
« Reply #21 on: June 06 2005, 12:54 am »
Hmmm... I rather like your choice of Takeo ^_^ (See reason I'm asking is cause I'm trying to design a fan poster ^_^) and personally, I think someone like Sanada is a good Otori.

Okay, here is the fan poster that I made based on what Ruby Chan and I were talking about.

http://www.freewebs.com/sophielou21/ATNF_FAN_POSTER1.PNG

PS: Question... How only is Lady Maruyama's daughter, Mariko? I'm just curious cause I have to re-read the first book cause I read it ages ago.
« Last Edit: June 06 2005, 02:04 am by Cardwitch »

Offline cutie_cherry

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #22 on: June 06 2005, 05:13 am »
Yeah, I've read the first two books and i'm planning on starting the third this summer holiday, seeing as i have no time to read any other time. I think the idea of a movie! I love you guys choices for actors and actresses to play the parts, especially Lady Maruyama.
i like your fanposter cardwitch, it's really pretty.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #23 on: June 06 2005, 05:27 am »
Wow! Someone else posted here!

Love the fan poster, Cardwitch! And you put our names on it! Wow! I'm not sure how old the daughter is...Maruyama says Kaede's only a little older than her daughter, and Kaede is 15...so maybe she's 14?
« Last Edit: June 07 2005, 06:07 am by Ruby Chan »

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Cardwitch

• Princess of Light
  • New Fan
  • Princess of Light
« Reply #24 on: June 07 2005, 05:55 am »
Oh year, I remember now. I think that if they made the movie, they'd probably cut her daughter's age down a little bit more (seeing as she isn't a major player anyway), and power up Kaede and Takeo's ages. I don't know why, but they would do that... It's called adaption.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #25 on: June 07 2005, 06:09 am »
Yup. The movie would have more impact if the lead roles were older, and more icon-y....instead of young teens that would make the movie more like a kid's turn ninja remake.

(Why did I just say that last comment? *_*)
« Last Edit: June 08 2005, 02:35 am by Ruby Chan »

Offline satsuki-chan

• Good Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 07 2005, 06:46 pm »
I READ THEM!!! im so proud of myself ^^ for finding this thread XDDD your nominees are pretty weird. and i really think the actors should be like REAL young looking... so i dont really agree with that takeo...
The only person with the power to hurt you, is the person you care about most...

Offline Cardwitch

• Princess of Light
  • New Fan
  • Princess of Light
« Reply #27 on: June 08 2005, 03:30 am »
Ooooooo no! Don't make them young...

I think that the major players have to be older. Having a bunch of kids play to part just wouldn't work. You need to hirer good actors to play the part. You wouldn't power up the age of Takeo and Kaede too much, just enough for us to not be offended by the fact she has a baby... See what I mean.

Maybe she could be eighteen in a adaption, Takeo should be ninetween. As for Lady Maruyama and Lord Otori... I think they should be older then just thirty. I always imagined them to have a fatherly/motherly look to them, but also one that can look serious when they need to me.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #28 on: June 08 2005, 03:36 am »
Yup! That's what I mean! Not young teens, as I don't think that would make a good movie with this plot....but eighteen/nineteen sounds perfect!

But the actors don't have to be those ages....afterall, most people are older than the part they play...(Olivia Newton John was way older than her role when she played Sandy in Grease)

Offline Cardwitch

• Princess of Light
  • New Fan
  • Princess of Light
« Reply #29 on: June 08 2005, 05:10 am »
That's true... I like the names that we came up with togteher (Especially Kaede and Naomi, they seem too good to be true ^_^), cause they're actors who can pass for various ages. I also imagined Lord Otori to have a good-looking, yet tough and fatherly look, one that would make you think 'Ooooooooooooooo, he's friendly, isn't he?' So I feel he'd have to look mature and like he knows how to fight. Lady Naomi Maruyama, I've always imagined to look like she's in her thirties, but still be faily beautiful and young looking. I also imagined her to be tall and graceful. Like I said before, I like to think of her as a motherly looking woman.

As for Takeo, I think he should be a rather 'pretty' looking guy... Just like the way Kaede sees him when they first meet. Faily handsome and attarctive. I got goosebumps when reading Kaede's account of Takeo. He sounded lovely. And Kaede should be a very beautiful looking person, who is rather delicate (cause that's sort of how I pictured her in the book).

Offline satsuki-chan

• Good Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 09 2005, 12:18 pm »
Show content
you know how kaede becomesbold at the end of everything? well, i was complaining that 'cause i pull my hair back too much, ill become bold. and my friend whos pretty obsessed with tales of otori, says ill start looking like kaede. though im not that pale, the flesh under my nails go pretty purple at times...
The only person with the power to hurt you, is the person you care about most...

Offline Cardwitch

• Princess of Light
  • New Fan
  • Princess of Light
« Reply #31 on: June 11 2005, 08:11 pm »
lol I imagine they'd have to stick a lot of hair into a head thing when the actress playing Kaede does that scene.

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 11 2005, 08:30 pm »
omg how can you guys NOT cast takeshi!!!!
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #33 on: June 11 2005, 08:41 pm »
Takeshi? Explain please.....Ruby Chan's confused.LOL

Offline satsuki-chan

• Good Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 11 2005, 10:53 pm »
i thought takeshi died before even the series began...

Offline Cardwitch

• Princess of Light
  • New Fan
  • Princess of Light
« Reply #35 on: June 12 2005, 08:44 pm »
He did... So there's no point in casting Takashi.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #36 on: June 13 2005, 01:22 am »
Unless we did some flashbacks...but he still wouldn't be a major character. And there are so many characters, there's no point casting them all here.

Offline satsuki-chan

• Good Fan
« Reply #37 on: June 13 2005, 05:46 pm »
but then, maybe scarecrow meant takeo

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 14 2005, 05:21 pm »
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline satsuki-chan

• Good Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 14 2005, 10:22 pm »
OH! so you mean... how can we not include him as a candidate?