AuthorTopic: Final Fantasy Series  (Read 98628 times)

Offline Robin Sena

• Now with 100% more fads!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
Re: Final Fantasy Series
« Reply #320 on: May 11 2006, 12:40 am »
A mini teaser trailer has been released for FFXIII for PS3.

Check it out. It's moslty found on E3 PS3 reports.

Well, YOU JUST HAVE TO TALK!
click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline ~Emethyst~

• Freedom to express
  • "A True Fan"
  • Be heard!
« Reply #321 on: May 11 2006, 12:44 am »
Wow! There's already a preview of FFXIII? X_X Haven't heard of that news yet so far....
v--- Still the tags won't budge... Yaarrr.. T_T

Testing a new set...
Forum Family (o-'.'-o)
[Older Sis] : Ashlee , littlekitty
[Beloved Shobe] : kudan
[Lil Sis] : wishingstarx
[Cousin] : Ying Hua
[Siberian Husky] : Sapphire-Amethyst
[Partner-in-Crime] : -Yurima- :D
[tr/][/table]

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #322 on: May 11 2006, 12:49 am »
Wow! There's already a preview of FFXIII? X_X Haven't heard of that news yet so far....
E3 starts in one Hour.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #323 on: May 11 2006, 02:11 am »
a preview eh? i'm gonna look for it, curious what it will be this time

and afterwards i'm just gonna watch the advent children dvd again :)

in the background....

Mom: "i heard that, if you're gonna watch that movie, don't put the volume so high like you did last time"!

Me: yeah, yeah......*turns the volume even harder than last time* :lol:
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #324 on: May 11 2006, 03:49 am »
a preview eh? i'm gonna look for it, curious what it will be this time

and afterwards i'm just gonna watch the advent children dvd again :)

in the background....

Mom: "i heard that, if you're gonna watch that movie, don't put the volume so high like you did last time"!

Me: yeah, yeah......*turns the volume even harder than last time* :lol:
FFVII:AC is so beautiful with 5.1 surround sound. The rumbles the music the voices the experiance!!
I only wish I had 7.1 surround sound O.O

If anyone is still looking for it.
FFXIII Trailer
looks like it will be another female lead game. Looks really good.
The only thing putting me off already is all this reliance on guns and jumping around twirling in the air (what I didn't like about FFX-2 too)

FFXIII is a nice little site too.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #325 on: May 11 2006, 04:30 am »
FFVII:AC is so beautiful with 5.1 surround sound. The rumbles the music the voices the experiance!!
I only wish I had 7.1 surround sound O.O

If anyone is still looking for it.
FFXIII Trailer
looks like it will be another female lead game. Looks really good.
The only thing putting me off already is all this reliance on guns and jumping around twirling in the air (what I didn't like about FFX-2 too)

FFXIII is a nice little site too.

i wish i had surround sound at all.....

hmm i can't download/watch the trailer for some reason, too bad i wanted to see :(

but from what i heard it sound like Final Fantasy meets Devil May Cry

i'm not so sure if that's such a good combination (the last games that combined RPG elements with hack 'em up action were not really good games) :sweatdrop:
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #326 on: May 11 2006, 04:58 am »
i wish i had surround sound at all.....

hmm i can't download/watch the trailer for some reason, too bad i wanted to see :(

but from what i heard it sound like Final Fantasy meets Devil May Cry

i'm not so sure if that's such a good combination (the last games that combined RPG elements with hack 'em up action were not really good games) :sweatdrop:
I guess Tales Of series were KINDA like that. I personally Loved that gameplay.

I loved DMC. One of my fav games, it was so much fun.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #327 on: May 11 2006, 05:07 am »
I guess Tales Of series were KINDA like that. I personally Loved that gameplay.

I loved DMC. One of my fav games, it was so much fun.

Devil May Cry is one of my favorites as well and the Tales of games are the only 'action rpg's' i liked so far (Tales of Symponia is in my top 3 game favorites ever!)

but i'll wait for gameplay movies of it, i don't have much hope for this FF game but perhaps square-enix will surprise me, who knows?
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline envyofthestage

• Big Fan
  • Fai/Kuro is my OTP.
« Reply #328 on: May 14 2006, 06:00 am »
Devil May Cry was okay, I really liked the second one, I've still to actually see the thrid one lol *sweatdrop*
I think I liked FFIX the most, the plot of FFVIII was quite good but I just couldn't stand Rinoa or Squall. Hahaha. FFVII...Hrmm...graphics were pretty cool for that time but I think they kind of spazzed up the ending. FF: AC was amazing graphic wise, the plot was a bit boring and still no serious CloudxTifa moments! Argh! But it was still pretty...wow!

I have to say that although FFX and X-2 were pretty amazing graphic wise, they still sucked plot wise. The voices were just...ugh, so bad. I realy wanted to know what they actually said in the Japanese one. All of  the "y'know?!"s just really annoyed me. I didn't think it could get any worse until FFX-2...Oh, man...Hahaha.
lol@Fai/Chi fans

~*~*~*Forum Family~*~*~*~*

Daughter: Kjesta
Sister: Emiko

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #329 on: May 14 2006, 07:37 am »
Devil May Cry was okay, I really liked the second one, I've still to actually see the thrid one lol *sweatdrop*
I think I liked FFIX the most, the plot of FFVIII was quite good but I just couldn't stand Rinoa or Squall. Hahaha. FFVII...Hrmm...graphics were pretty cool for that time but I think they kind of spazzed up the ending. FF: AC was amazing graphic wise, the plot was a bit boring and still no serious CloudxTifa moments! Argh! But it was still pretty...wow!

I have to say that although FFX and X-2 were pretty amazing graphic wise, they still sucked plot wise. The voices were just...ugh, so bad. I realy wanted to know what they actually said in the Japanese one. All of the "y'know?!"s just really annoyed me. I didn't think it could get any worse until FFX-2...Oh, man...Hahaha.
wow, are you pessimistic or what?
FFIX was most.. old school out of them all, It had a much more strong feeling that it was set in the past unlike the others that seem to be set in the  future. That made me like FFIX a lot too.
One of the main reasons I Loved FFVIII was Rinoa and Squall, They were two perfect Characters, At the time when I played it I fit the exact sterotypness of Squall and I knew a girl who was a lot like Rinoa and was associated with her romantically, so I loved those characters (and they are still some of my fav, Squall remains my fav FF Guy). FFVII:AC plot wasn't 'boring' but for those not particularly interested in seven I could understand them not liking it, I loved it to no end, Didn't see one boring part in the movie. Obviously there are no Cloud and tifa moments, Because Cloud was always destined for Aerith. It's so plainly obvious that Cloud loves her. No, The voices in X and X-2 were not bad either, If you hate the people saying "ya know" a lot then I would also expect you would hate talking to me in person because, hey, guess what, I Say That!!! So I guess I'm partially offended by that and The stories were not bad either. It's a fantasy game and that's exactly the story they delivered, Beautifully done aswell. I liked FFX-2 aswell because not only did it break the Final Fantasy sequals rule (leaving it open to do all those FFVII sequals and prequals) but it showed us what happens after a main character is killed.

Offline Gabys!

• Good Fan
  • SeeKiNg FoR HaPPiNeSS...
« Reply #330 on: May 14 2006, 10:11 am »
FF XIII looks sooo good!!! I wish I could buy the PS3  :(

Offline littlekitty

• remembering only days that weren't granted to us
« Reply #331 on: May 14 2006, 02:17 pm »

I liked FFIX the most too! :P I adored Squall though. Him and Vincent are my fave FF guys. I adored FF: AC though. I thought it was superb and I fell in love with Kadaj. I understand your feelings about there being no CloudxTifa moments. Sorry Vexnet >_< I kinda feel like Aerith was destined for Zack... And Cloud for Tifa. :P Cloud cares deeply for them both though which is why there is so much dispute about it, I think.
"Even if I was created to serve one purpose alone, I do not regret being born into this world." -Garland, FFIX

Forum Family! :P
Little sisters: ~Emethyst~, wishingstarx
Aunt: Møon Li

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #332 on: May 14 2006, 05:00 pm »
There are three games for FFXIII

FFXIII

FFXIII Versus

And another unanounced one.

click!
Fanfic - CLAMP in Gradius World (Fanfic Done! 26 Chapters)<br />Next Fanfic - Monster Hunter Diaries *NEW!*
Story of Infinite Possibilities - Blocks Made. Block 1 - Fate (Fate, Testament, Eternity) Block 2 - Infinity (Infinity, Memento, Betrayal) Block 3 - World Order (World Order, Metempsychosis, Damnation) Special Edition - 155 cards made<br />Next Block! - Kaleido Dreams! (Kaleido Dreams, Angelic Voices, Snow Sunlight)<br />
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!

Offline Kuro-puppy

• *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #333 on: May 14 2006, 09:53 pm »
There are three games for FFXIII

FFXIII

FFXIII Versus

And another unanounced one.

yeah, i heard something like that...3 games is always better than one :D

but why make 3 games with the name FFXIII in it? :confused:
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #334 on: May 14 2006, 10:44 pm »
simple, noticed how Square is making it harder to get all thier games?
FFVII had a whole ton of releases especially the ones for the Mobile Phone and PSP (which means yuo have to buy two new pieces of hardware just to play thier games), FFX had two games, FFXI was online, FFXIII is just following the money-hungry predeccesers. People love Final Fantasy, and will buy all thier products to know the answer to thier games for themeselves, Square knows this and they use it to thier advantage.

Offline Kina, The Dark Keyblade Master

• Never underestimate a girl...she may be hiding a strong power...
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #335 on: May 14 2006, 10:55 pm »
FFVIII is the best! w00t! Squall and Rinoa forever! You could say I'm a SquallxRinoa addict. They're just so cute and beautiful together. FFVIII was my first-ever FF game and I never get tired of it. It's just that whenever I think even a slightest bit of the game, I immediately get a craving for its graphics, story, game, everything! Its OST, Eyes on Me, is at the top of my favorite songs! In short, FFVIII is my favorite of all FF games!

FFIX was my second FF game. At first, I didn't like the game very much, and unfortunately, I had to stop playing it because of console problems. A year later, I got a sickness...its the excitement for FFIX's places. I had stopped in Disc 2, but that doesn't mean the places I saw weren't awesome. They truly were! And the sounds just keep ringing in my mind all the time!

Among the FF series I've seen, FFX and X-2 have the best graphics so far, with the exception of FFVII: AC, but I don't really count it as a game because it's a movie. I love FFX's ending and its gameplay, plus its camera views, but what frustrated me was FFX-2's changes. First time I played, I was so shocked by the changes I almost cried. One thing was the most obvious of all...I couldn't hear the FF essence in X-2's sounds.

Haven't played FFVII. Just once, but it was too short for me to evaluate the game. But I plan on buying it...now... :sweatdrop:

Am still waiting for the English version of FFXII...and dreading the arrival of FFXIII...

I am Sora's opposite...
Roxas was only his element...
He doesn't exist...
But I do...
And I wield the Dark Keyblade...

Forum Family:
Guardian: ~Emethyst~
Cookie-earner: Tatasenko

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #336 on: May 15 2006, 12:43 am »
yeah, i heard something like that...3 games is always better than one :D

Maybe they're taking a cue from Capcom and the way they released 10 games with the 'Street Fighter II' name in it? :tongue:

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline ~Emethyst~

• Freedom to express
  • "A True Fan"
  • Be heard!
« Reply #337 on: May 15 2006, 07:37 pm »

Haven't played FFVII. Just once, but it was too short for me to evaluate the game. But I plan on buying it...now... :sweatdrop:

Am still waiting for the English version of FFXII...and dreading the arrival of FFXIII...

Yeah, me too. A friend of mine gave me the whole set of FFVII but unfortunately, the frist disc only worked a few times in my console. After that, the system went black and I couldn't play the game anymore. Sitll planning to buy a new set though or might borrow from my cousin :heh:

And about the FFXIII thing, we have the same feeling (why is it that we always share ideas? O____o) Sadly because they've developed the game for the PS3 (which was supposed to be for PS2. It's really bad news for us who doesn't have the cash to burn for the gadget... -_-
v--- Still the tags won't budge... Yaarrr.. T_T

Testing a new set...
Forum Family (o-'.'-o)
[Older Sis] : Ashlee , littlekitty
[Beloved Shobe] : kudan
[Lil Sis] : wishingstarx
[Cousin] : Ying Hua
[Siberian Husky] : Sapphire-Amethyst
[Partner-in-Crime] : -Yurima- :D
[tr/][/table]

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #338 on: May 16 2006, 01:25 am »
Yeah, me too. A friend of mine gave me the whole set of FFVII but unfortunately, the frist disc only worked a few times in my console. After that, the system went black and I couldn't play the game anymore. Sitll planning to buy a new set though or might borrow from my cousin :heh:

And about the FFXIII thing, we have the same feeling (why is it that we always share ideas? O____o) Sadly because they've developed the game for the PS3 (which was supposed to be for PS2. It's really bad news for us who doesn't have the cash to burn for the gadget... -_-
FFXIII was always meant for the PS3, It was never going to be designed for the PS2 or even mentioned for the PS2, Square made it clear that FFXII was going to be the last PS2 Final Fantasy game. I don't know where you thought FFXIII was going to be for PS2.

Maybe they're taking a cue from Capcom and the way they released 10 games with the 'Street Fighter II' name in it? :tongue:
your probably right, They did it was FFVII.

FFVIII is the best! w00t! Squall and Rinoa forever! You could say I'm a SquallxRinoa addict. They're just so cute and beautiful together. FFVIII was my first-ever FF game and I never get tired of it. It's just that whenever I think even a slightest bit of the game, I immediately get a craving for its graphics, story, game, everything! Its OST, Eyes on Me, is at the top of my favorite songs! In short, FFVIII is my favorite of all FF games!

FFIX was my second FF game. At first, I didn't like the game very much, and unfortunately, I had to stop playing it because of console problems. A year later, I got a sickness...its the excitement for FFIX's places. I had stopped in Disc 2, but that doesn't mean the places I saw weren't awesome. They truly were! And the sounds just keep ringing in my mind all the time!

Among the FF series I've seen, FFX and X-2 have the best graphics so far, with the exception of FFVII: AC, but I don't really count it as a game because it's a movie. I love FFX's ending and its gameplay, plus its camera views, but what frustrated me was FFX-2's changes. First time I played, I was so shocked by the changes I almost cried. One thing was the most obvious of all...I couldn't hear the FF essence in X-2's sounds.

yay another Squall and Rinoa fan *huddles up with Sayuhiro and Ralea* we are the Squall and Rinoa fans of the forum! lol.
And yeah, you need to play FFVII, It's an awesome game <3
I agree, I loved FFIX too <3

Offline Robin Sena

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • BOING!
« Reply #339 on: May 19 2006, 02:20 pm »
One of the most defining FF games (the groundwork for most of the popular game features in later FF's).

Final Fantasy III.

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/ff3/e3_movie/

The trailer. For Nintendo DS.

click!
Nirvana TEST BLOCK!