Misc > Trash

Soul Calibur IV coming...

<< < (4/4)

monkey:
lol.. phail so hard.

--- Quote from: Takeru ¥amamoto on March 24 2008, 06:53 am ---You call that "propaganda? Do you think Snake in Super Smash Bros. Brawl is propaganda? First of all, the correct term is "product placement'. Second of all, Snake is in Brawl because Hideo Kojima wanted him out of pure ecstacy to be in SSB ever since the first one came out. And his placement in the game was madly artistic. Sonic's also in that game, and a SPARTAN-II from Halo is in Dead or Alive. Third of all, Lucas has nothing to monetarily gain from having his characters in the game. All of his Star Wars movies are done.

--- End quote ---
We are not talking about Brawl. Don't go off topic.

--- Quote from: Takeru ¥amamoto on March 24 2008, 06:53 am ---I don't understand wtf cross-platform has anything to do with "videos". Do you know what cross-platform even means?

--- End quote ---
You don't know what a video is!? ouh boy..
Read the posts again.
No mention of cross platform play was talked about at all. (only you randomly shouting about a "keyphrase", Next time.. elaborate or post news about it being cross platform playable. Being so vague is being deliberately annoying)
I only found out the game was Cross platform playable last Sunday.
So henceforth with the info in this topic that was placed would indeed give you the impression that showing a video (video!) of Darth and Yoda fighting would be propaganda (cross platform video! get it now?) because you wouldn't of been able to play those two characters fighting each other, hence making the video useless (where cross platforming has something to do with "videos" is the video of Darth and Yoda fighting, not seen it? go look for it).
Also in case you didn't know: Video.

Also on the subject of Darth and Yoda.
I find it very odd that the xbox community seems to be upset with getting yoda.
Yoda is by far the advantage! You're short! So you can't get hit by those high attacks, maybe not even medium attacks! It's going to be oddjob all over again.

--- Quote from: Takeru ¥amamoto on March 24 2008, 06:53 am ---Yeah, dude. Like the vanilla game made any sense to begin with. In-game characters are already slashing at each other with very sharp BLADED WEAPONS to begin with, some of which that appear to be several dozen kilograms and have INHERENT MAGICAL POWERS. One has a GLOWING EYE in it.

And yet no one's arms or heads are getting blown off. There are no decapitations. Think about that for a second.

--- End quote ---

Vanilla game? A Simulation Game about Making ICE CREAM!?!? I don't think I'd buy that game..

I had no problem with the other weapons. They can cause actual damage.
Lightsabers cut through anything though.
It's a stupid advantage for the SW characters.
Putting them in the game is just cheesy too.
nothing particularly wrong with cheesy, just a nonsensical choice of characters.
at least with Heihachi and Link they had a reason to be put into those games. (Spawn is still useless for why they put him in xbox).

--- Quote from: Takeru ¥amamoto on March 24 2008, 06:53 am ---Besides, what's got you so hot and bothered about it? It's a fighting game, so it's not like their presence is gonna have a major impact on lore. Just don't pick them if you don't want them appearing in your game. Extras never hurt anybody.

--- End quote ---
lol.. huh?
I've only ever mentioned my disliking for the lightsaber inclusion since it would make no sense for them to be put in battle with materialistic weapons such as swords etc.

I've been quite excited about the game myself.
If anything, you don't seem that thrilled by it, I have no problem with that either.
I look forward to the SCIV tournements I'm going to have with friends when it is released.
(Need to get practicing tho, friend of mine is unstoppable with one of the characters).

hope your head no hurty anymore =3

--- Quote from: Kuro-puppy on March 25 2008, 01:57 am ---Hai Hai! sokemade!

I'm sensing way too much hostility here. Keep the discussions on a friendly level as they should be or the topic will be locked.

This is my first and final warning!!!

--- End quote ---
Hello Kuro-puppy!

Kuro-puppy:
Okay, that's it!

- topic locked -

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version