AuthorTopic: The Official Syaoran x Sakura Thread v.02  (Read 41618 times)

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
  • Looking at you through the glass...
Re: The Official Syaoran x Sakura Thread v.02
« Reply #100 on: August 21 2007, 11:48 am »
We need to stop spamming this board
I blame you!
*chews on your leg*

Lol! So harsh! Poor R!Syao! I love him anyways xD

Eep >.< I didn’t mean for it to sound that way!!! *give R!Syaoran C!Syaoran to make up for it* xD

I don’t know…it just doesn’t seem to me that R!Syaoran’s character is going anywhere.  There’s really nothing that makes him stand out.  And maybe that’s because he’s all secretive, or maybe it’s because he’s not fan fiction-able x3 but whatever it is there’s just something missing in his character…right now. And there’s only 7 more volumes to go, meaning he has a possible 17, and in 5 he has shown nothing but a questionable relationship with Sakura and similar sword wielding abilities to CCS!Syaoran *saddened*

...Besides, he has R!Syaoran's heart in him so technically it's actually R!Syaoran in CLAMP's wonderland (bwahaha! xD)

*shakes head* I still don’t know how you can say the two are the same…

If by "Syaoran-kun's will" you mean

But he has a "Syaoran"’s soul.  And since Syaoran’s soul goes with Sakura’s soul then he could have known.
I never understood that in CCS.  Because they were saying they thought she should have considered Yukito/Yue most precious, but at the same time Clow Reed knew about himself in other worlds, and other people in other worlds, so he would have known that Syaoran and Sakura go together :/ Something smells funny about that...

But when she said that and we saw the fragments of the future that she saw, it showed Syaoran and Kurogane looking shocked and a bit of her bellybutton with blood around her. So it must have been herself she saw getting stabbed.

Unless that was what her sight was changed to since she had already made the choice to change the future.

They were reincarnations. Which is slightly different I think. R!Syaoran did not die to give away his half heart.

Don’t really think we can say that just yet. It’s CLAMP.

Oh, and the Horitsuba comic! - I think there are translations out but I haven't read them yet but looking at the pictures I'm sure Syaoran's twin (R!Syaoran?) is the non-blushing, more serious (but smiling) one <3 <3
Seeing them together, he looks much more mature for some reason.. the eyes I think.
EDIT: Read it =D Lmao at the bath part!!

Yea.  That’s the “twin” smiling and shipping My!SyaoranxSakura *cackles*

[Question] If R!SxS doesn’t turn out canon, would you still support it…?

Offline redeternity

• "Your Sakura is waiting.."
  • Good Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 23 2007, 02:53 am »
We're not spamming, we're having a well thought out discussion/debate *nods*

there’s only 7 more volumes to go, meaning he has a possible 17

How did you get 17 from adding up 5 and 7?? xDD

in 5 he has shown nothing but a questionable relationship with Sakura and similar sword wielding abilities to CCS!Syaoran *saddened*

I'm upset too, that CLAMP has made him a side character ever since.. well ever since Clone left Acid Tokyo really.. He's only been the main focus of attention for a couple of chapters (the fight with C!Syaoran and when he fought Hikaru in Infinity) *sobs*.
But despite the fact that he's hardly said anything and has been constantly shoved to the side I still love him more than I ever loved the Clone for the whole 15 vols that he was in. I have a soft spot for R!Syaoran.. I get that nice feeling whenever I see him in a chapter.. And I really want to give him a big hug and cheer him up xD

...I also secretly wish R!Syaoran had been in the manga with the rest of the group since the beginning.... during the good happy times and all (even though that really wouldn't work for the plot lol). Sucks.

Clow Reed knew about himself in other worlds, and other people in other worlds, so he would have known that Syaoran and Sakura go together :/ Something smells funny about that...

Oooh, thats a really good point! I was thinking at first, "no because it was Eriol that said it, not Clow Reed" then I remembered that he had Clow Reed's memories..! Lolz
Sooo, what do you think - CLAMP made a mistake *le gasp* or it's something that'll prove to be very important to the plot later?

*shakes head* I still don’t know how you can say the two are the same…

Eh? Well they are the same in the sense that "Our!Syaoran" -IS- (half of) R!Syaoran but they're not the same personality wise. If they were I'd have no problem supporting ClonexSakura.

[Question] If R!SxS doesn’t turn out canon, would you still support it…?

Yes Probably.
Nowait. It depends..
Depends how CLAMP defend the pairing of ClonexSakura if they end up together. If C!Syaoran does somehow magically regain the half heart *cough*notlikely*cough* I would like to know how it makes sense for Sakura to love the Clone like this when he is not the full "Syaoran" - since there's the thing about soul mates so how can she love him when he only has half the soul?
I don't see him regaining the heart anyway. So the only other option is growing a heart, right? (unless there is another option we are told about later..) But if he does, like cryingforthemoon said before.. surely he won't be the same due to all the people he's murdered and all the destruction he caused. How would he live with it?
There's also the question of if he grew a heart would he have the same personality as "Our!Syaoran" or "R!Syaoran" or would he be like a completely new person? *is repeating herself from earlier -_-* I'd be interested to know your opinion on all of this.

If R!SyaoranxSakura turns out not to be canon, I wonder if CLAMP will go down the track of having him have his own Sakura.. If so I will be very annoyed. It just seems like a good way of getting rid of him if you ask me. It's not like I mind him having his own Sakura somewhere because it's still SakuSyao but if he did I'd have wanted to see their relationship development rather than the Clone's and Sakura's.
I supported S&S in CCS mainly because of Syaoran (Sakura too but he was my favourite character), so I support R!SyaoranxSakura in TRC because R!Syaoran acts more like CCS!Syaoran (not exactly but closer than the clone ever was).
Besides, I think they make a good team.. working together rather than with Cloney when it was all about him protecting her – hero/damsel in distress.

Offline makeiryu

« Reply #102 on: August 24 2007, 03:55 pm »
Woah...
I must say, this thread is quite interesting! ;)
My opinion about this whole R!Syaoran and Clone Syaoran is not quite clear...
You see, it makes a bit of sense that Clone Syaoran and Sakura are destined to be together, no matter what. If not, then how would Yukito's predictions be wrong? Maybe he was referring to R! Syaoran? Either way, it seems that Sakura is decided to care for Clone Syaoran rather than real Syaoran...

Now, a good solution would be:
Clone Syaoran and R! Syaoran somehow turn into one, and then end up with Sakura in a hope lovey dovery ending!! =D
Although... somehow it sounds quite stupid when I typed it down... hehe

What do you? Is there a chance that R! Syaoran and Clone Syaoran fuse together or something of the sort?

Offline redeternity

• Good Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 27 2007, 07:20 am »
If not, then how would Yukito's predictions be wrong? Maybe he was referring to R! Syaoran?

Could be.. not really sure what to think of this bit yet.. When he said about being "the one to save Sakura" perhaps he just meant the one destined to find her feathers.. Anyway, this just made me think, if Yukito can predict the future then wouldn't he have known Syaoran was a clone? Surely he would have said something about it, even if not to Sakura, then Touya?

it seems that Sakura is decided to care for Clone Syaoran rather than real Syaoran...

Disagree xD
She did risk her own life to save him, remember :D
Haha, it's impossible to tell right now who she cares for the most, IMO. I'm personally hoping she's realised by now that the person she fell in love with all along is (..well, was) right infront of her *remembers the scene when she saw "Our!Syaoran" in R!Syaoran*

Is there a chance that R! Syaoran and Clone Syaoran fuse together or something of the sort?

Dunno if you were referring to me or Mari but I'll answer you anyways heh. Hmmm, now what was it I said earlier.. *goes to find it*

Right, found it! I don't blame you if you never saw this because our conversation is rather long xDD

If C!Syaoran and R!Syaoran merged all that would be merging would be the bodies since Cloney has no heart to merge with R!Syaoran's. However, if he has grown his own heart then it could be one of two things:.
1. If the heart is the same as R!Syaoran's (same soul/personality) then merging would again produce the same person.
2. If it is different to R!Syaoran's (different soul/personality) it would produce a different person who was not "Syaoran" (and we don't want that!)

also this (about how the merging has happened already):
Actually I would say the merging took place way back when R!Syaoran first gave his half heart away to the clone. In a sense, "Our Syaoran" is the result of R!Syaoran's half heart and Cloney's body merging.

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 28 2007, 01:22 pm »
We're not spamming, we're having a well thought out discussion/debate *nods*

*hides behind you for cover from mods*
xD  My shield~<3

How did you get 17 from adding up 5 and 7?? xDD

*dies of embarrassment*

...I also secretly wish R!Syaoran had been in the manga with the rest of the group since the beginning.... during the good happy times and all (even though that really wouldn't work for the plot lol). Sucks.

Ah, boo.  I don’t.  He’d make a more crazed psychotic feather nabber for one and two--my syaoran!cest dreams would all be destroyed D:

Sooo, what do you think - CLAMP made a mistake *le gasp* or it's something that'll prove to be very important to the plot later?

I blame it to seriously bad translation malfunction or just authors being authors *shrugs*  Sometimes you go one way but it really suck so let’s go this way instead xDD

Eh? Well they are the same in the sense that "Our!Syaoran" -IS- (half of) R!Syaoran but they're not the same personality wise. If they were I'd have no problem supporting ClonexSakura.

See that’s because you’re making out the heart to be R!Syaoran, where I see it was a placeholder to an existence not the actual means there of.  I mean, C!Syao right now in all his pycho clone glory is his own person with his own sadistic persona but he has no heart.  Chii was her own even though she was a program. CLAMP has proved already that being split doesn’t = auto same person.  And with the case of Eriol and Fujitaka, you would think it’s more likely that they would be the same because it was the soul that’s reincarnated.  So.  CLAMP.  Yea. 

On another note by you saying they’re not of similar personality proves they’re not one in the same Syaoran.  Their inner-soul, how they fight and sacrifice themselves for Sakura’s happiness is still the same (because they’re both Syaorans) but with different reflections of being.  Syaoran-kun always seemed softer to me in his way because Fujitaka-san was his father.  He’s very Fujitaka-san like.  Where CCS!Syaoran was more harsh because of however his life was spent…I always assumed it was because  his father left and so he was left as man or something but…that’s OT >.>

Maybe I’m thinking too psychologically?  Being it’s like the only reason they’re different is because of their environment they were raised in.

Yes Probably.

Honestly?  I don’t see any “logic” coming from the end of this pairing.  No, I don’t think his personality will be different.  And no, I don’t see him growing a new heart.  My slightly psychotic belief is that his being is still out there or else Sakura wouldn’t be fighting so damn hard for such a hopeless cause and CLAMP wouldn't be wasting their time writing about it.  Not once has any character, even R!Syaoran, related to Syaoran-kun in the light of being a dead and hopeless cause.  It’s been said the half of the heart won’t go back but there’s no finality and, more annoying, not speaking of whole truths.  And for people who all love her, I’d hope they’d knock some sense into her.

CLAMP is playing it out that Syaoran-kun still lives. Whether that be he’s having mind!cest right now, or if he’s (highly unlikely) R!Syaoran…the boy, his importance, is not dead and has no air of being so.

*remembers the scene when she saw "Our!Syaoran" in R!Syaoran*

And what eye is that?  The right eye.  Syaoran-kun’s original eye.

If R!SyaoranxSakura turns out not to be canon, I wonder if CLAMP will go down the track of having him have his own Sakura..

I don’t see another Sakura anywhere *looks* If there is then I assume there was and it had something to do with that whole “second time” thing.  In which case we start smelling more sudden “memory wipes” *cough cough*

Besides, I think they make a good team.. working together rather than with Cloney when it was all about him protecting her – hero/damsel in distress.

Oh no.  Why did you say that?!  I love you so much Red-chan and now you’re putting yourself up there with the ignorant!  *cries and clings to you*

[greatly] Short[ened] rant ahead.

I don’t understand why everyone says he overprotective and hero blah, blah, blah.  We’ve seen through the memories that Sakura had been by his side, teaching him how to have a life, smile, and learning how to share a special happiness with someone.  It’s like she’s been protecting him his whole life and now he’s trying to do the same.  Since she’s lost her memories they’ve done the whole role reversal thing and he wants to show her the same kindness that Sakura showed him all those years…and you can see he’s struggling because he’s not Sakura and he can‘t just smile for the sake of making someone happy like she can.  Just in the way she was struggling with his old role of group leader.

Also he still has that “commoner mentality” where it’s him fighting against the I’ll never be good enoughs.   By putting himself in the place of her protector, it’s like he’s distancing himself from her.  That “I can’t protect you without holding a sword.  I can’t embrace you while holding a sword”  thing comes to mind.  He usually smiles to make her happy not because he feels happy.  He goes to such lengths that at times it’s like he doesn’t care about himself.  He’s willing to put everything he has on the line for her ( Even beyond her like in Outo when he thought Ses killed Fay)

And seriously.  The two all but idolize each other.

And what’s with all this damsel crap? 

Besides the fact that people are slightly pychotic for not only thinking she was up and ready to fight when she was sleeping but also having her precious person ripped from her heart....

I don’t know if it’s just my warped mind but to me it’s like Sakura knows that Syaoran is trying exclusively for her and so she doesn’t step in because it would hurt him more than it would to fight.  Just in the same sense Sakura would have never jumped out in front of Syaoran-kun (or had to, because he wouldn’t go all emo on her -__-) like she did for R!Syaoran because to have to watch her put herself in such danger would have been an even great pain then to be struck by the rocks for Syaoran-kun.

And it’s sort of that way too because back in the tornado she told him about the wind instead of doing it.  She’s helping him help her because that’s what he wants to do, that’s what would make Syaoran-kun happy and Sakura knows.

And I just want to sock all the people who are all “he’s so over protective!!” 

WTF. 

Piffle (when she took that flight for Tomoyo?!  Syaoran-kun‘s blush and determined smile for her?!”).  Country of Idols.  He was happily smiling in the fact that she was able to and wanted to get in there and do things.  He was scared for her but he trusted in Sakura just like she trusted him.  And I think that’s why I love the couple so much.

Well, I actually have a great number of reasons why but they’re all fluffy and slightly along the lines of rotting your teeth out with candy sweetness so *spares everyone*   ^^;;

[Curiosity] What instances make you love R!SyaoranxSakura?  Or is just R!Syaoran you prefer over Syaoran-kun that makes you support them….?

Offline Tenkuuken

• Angry Makai Knight coming through!
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #105 on: August 28 2007, 10:04 pm »
OMG I can't keep up with the discussion... T_T

But I still don't think CLAMP would let such a sweet and already-popular coupple to die out... Unless they die together? O_O

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 29 2007, 12:06 am »
LoL. That's what my friend is hoping for xD  The whole dying in each others arm while covered in blood thing.

Offline Tenkuuken

• Angry Makai Knight coming through!
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • GRRR!!!!!
« Reply #107 on: August 29 2007, 09:03 pm »
OMG They're going to kill Syaoran and Sakura?! REVOLT! REVOLT!

Offline redeternity

• Good Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 30 2007, 08:22 am »
C!Syao right now in all his pycho clone glory is his own person with his own sadistic persona but he has no heart.  Chii was her own even though she was a program.

If you are referring to Chobits!Chii I can't comment as I have never read Chobits (nor do I plan to). But if we think about Maru and Moro for example. They are soulless beings yet don't go around killing people that get in their way like C!Syaoran does (because they were not programmed the same way). So I don't think it's fair to compare him with the other created beings as they're all very different cases.

On another note by you saying they’re not of similar personality proves they’re not one in the same Syaoran.  Their inner-soul, how they fight and sacrifice themselves for Sakura’s happiness is still the same (because they’re both Syaorans)

I agree they share the same personality aspects to a point. But it's only because they shared that half heart. It is the fact that R!Syaoran has the full heart that makes him different and gives aspects to his personality that C!Syaoran didn't have.
..Whilst at the same time he is the same because he has those similar aspects as well. They are the same but different.

My slightly psychotic belief is that his being is still out there or else Sakura wouldn’t be fighting so damn hard for such a hopeless cause and CLAMP wouldn't be wasting their time writing about it.

Well thats the thing.. It's not certain that she is. How long ago was it that she said about getting his heart back? Back in Tokyo, wasn't it? She may have had countless other visions and suchlike since then. How do we know she hasn't changed her mind? Time itself could have changed her mind.

CLAMP is playing it out that Syaoran-kun still lives.

I really can't see it being that easy. I just.. can't..

And what eye is that?  The right eye.  Syaoran-kun’s original eye.

So? :P I don’t get what that has anything to do with it. It’s just the way he was facing at the time and the side she happened to be seeing him from.
Besides, C!Syaoran’s right eye was not his original eye. That was the left one. His right eye was the one with the seal given to him by R!Syaoran.

I still don’t get the whole “going to the one who this right eye came from” bit though. As far as I know C!Syaoran never gave R!Syaoran an eye.
But it's probably best just to not to think about it. Thinking about eyes gives me headaches.

Not once has any character, even R!Syaoran, related to Syaoran-kun in the light of being a dead and hopeless cause.

R!Syaoran did insinuate it, though. In chap 123, he said  "If the seal should be broken and despite all the time that had passed it wasn't enough and you were without a heart... If you continued to be only a created thing who acted wildly and forcefully, I would eliminate you." and he then got out his sword and used Raitei Shourai (so in order words he tried to destroy him).

I don’t see another Sakura anywhere *looks* If there is then I assume there was

Yeah.. thats what I meant.. was. It’s a perfectly good, plausible theory (although I don’t like it).. but that’s all it is.. a theory.. when people use it like its almost fact when so far there’s absolutely no proof whatsoever..   :BangHead: Just a good way of getting R!Syaoran out of the equation methinks.

Oh no.  Why did you say that?!  I love you so much Red-chan and now you’re putting yourself up there with the ignorant!  *cries and clings to you*

Sorry T_T I didn’t mean it to come out like that *feels bad* Please forgive me?
I just meant that in contrast to the Clone and Sakura there was a much greater sense of teamwork between R!Syaoran and Sakura, I felt. I guess I just didn’t like the way C!Syaoran nearly always acted as her protector rather than her equal (which Sakura wanted him to be). And even though Sakura and C!Syaoran were like a team sometimes (e.g. the bunny-chan world during the wind bit like you said) the feeling just wasn’t the same as the feeling I got from that one single page with R!Syaoran and Sakura.. but I can’t explain what it was about it exactly that was different.. It just… felt more right…or something :/
Also about the damsel in distress bit.. I didn’t mean it as an insult to her.. I meant it as that was - on the most part - how I saw their relationship as a whole subsequent to her losing her memories.. I know it’s not her fault because she was too weak to fight and she did help out whenever she could. But argh lol I still sound like a jerk x.x It’s not even Sakura I have a problem with.. Just C!Syaoran. And so I do get annoyed at the prospect of ClonexSakura ending up together. To me, those two are just not meant to be together. This whole which Syaoran will she end up with thing is killing me!
Also.. it sounds really stupid saying it but I feel like Cloney has had his time now.. he’s had his 15 volumes of happiness.. and now it’s time for R!Syaoran to get his happiness.. to be able to be loved by the girl he fell in love with by watching her through his Clone’s eye. Why should he have to remain sad even now that he is free? ;_; Why should Cloney get the eternal happiness when R!Syaoran has never really had any? For all we know he could have had an awful past even before he was captured by FWR.

He usually smiles to make her happy not because he feels happy.

He shouldn't do that. Remember when Sakura told Fai in Infinity to not smile if he doesn't want to? And also when she said "at least let me worry" to little C!Syaoran? If he is not happy, he should not smile and pretend everything's fine when it's not. Unlike that, R!Syaoran is a very honest guy.. he doesn’t feel like smiling so he doesn’t. He allows her to see how he's truely feeling and that’s a more truthful relationship, don’t you think? No good can ever come from lying or pretending.

Btw, just finished holic the other day. New OTP yays! Watanuki x Kudakitsune FTW! They are so in love! xD (I’m only half joking)
*ahem* So.. yes, I feel a little wiser now after reading. I have a few thoughts on it relating to Syaoran and Sakura but maybe I should leave it for another post since this one is already getting too long.

[Curiosity] What instances make you love R!SyaoranxSakura?  Or is just R!Syaoran you prefer over Syaoran-kun that makes you support them….?

On the most part it is due to my love of R!Syaoran, yes, since from Sakura’s side of things so far she’s not shown many signs of affection for him so I couldn’t really love the pairing from that.
As for instances that make me love it.. well, I have quite a few of those. I love the bit where Sakura calls R!Syaoran “Syaoran-kun” for example and he blushes whilst she smiles at him - the first real signs of caring from her part. I also liked the part when he didn’t want her to leave (even though you didn’t like that part) and the rock moment (really beautiful and sad).

There’s the situation that I love more too.. The total sadness of the situation. The way it feels like they can never be. The way R!Syaoran feels like he has to live up to the Clone that went before him (even though ironically he himself is the original).. all the guilt.. the tension.. the emo-ness that happens.. I weep for you Syaoran-kun!!
And I like the way that despite the awfully sad situation and the fact that he obviously cares so much for her, he doesn’t try to force his feelings on her or anything like that because he doesn’t want to hurt her even more. This again links to what CCS Syaoran said to CCS Tomoyo about not confessing to her due to her rejection (and I can see Kurogane being the one to get him out of that hole in TRC in the same way Tomoyo did in CCS. He already has done so to an extent).

Then there’s the way their bodies clearly yearn for each other (illustrated when Sakura’s leg buckles and she falls directly into his arms. Coincidence? Nah.) Their hearts ache but their heads tell them they shouldn’t be together (because he’s not “him” and she probably feels she’d be betraying C!Syaoran by loving R!Syaoran instead, perhaps).
The way he always slips up.. calling her “Sakura” instead of “Hime”.. And you know what? I love slip ups because they are proof of unconscious feeling. CCS Syaoran did it too - called her “Sakura” without thinking when she fell down that hole.
Also remember when R!Syaoran instinctively wiped Sakura’s tears away in Tokyo – I think this action alone is proof that he cares for her very very much.. the way he did it was so gentle –one of my favourite moments. Honestly if he only saw her like a sister he wouldn’t have done it the way he did. He was so at ease with doing so.. so comfortable with it.. and it was only as soon as she woke up that he became uncomfortable around her due to the way she responded to him.
« Last Edit: August 31 2007, 02:07 am by redeternity »

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #109 on: August 30 2007, 09:54 am »
LoL. That's what my friend is hoping for xD  The whole dying in each others arm while covered in blood thing.
Only problem I have with that possibility is that it kind of kills the possibility of later fanfics. XD

And the only contribution I will make in this R! vs C! x Sakura debate is that R!Syaoran seems only to remind her of how much she misses her Syaoran, the clone. Also, if Sakura cared about R!Syaoran over C!Syaoran, she wouldn't have left R!Syaoran. If R!Syaoran was the one she had come to care about, she would've just made sweet monkey love to him, and he could cry with joy like a good little uke all throughout, and then they could both go dispose of awful, evil C!Syaoran in the morning.
...Or something. :\
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline redeternity

• Good Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 31 2007, 01:48 am »
R!Syaoran seems only to remind her of how much she misses her Syaoran, the clone.

R!Syaoran reminds her of her Syaoran? Umm.. but.. R!Syaoran actually -IS- her Syaoran. He is the one she originally fell in love with. Since it was his heart in C!Syaoran all along. It was only in C!Syaoran's body temporarily.
In fact, it's not just the heart that's shared. He even shares the same memories as the clone (well, okay, plus extra ones from before he was captured). So he can’t just remind her.. He is.
And I don't see how she could miss her Syaoran, either. He never went anywhere ^__^ Everything she loved about about C!Syaoran/her Syaoran is in R!Syaoran RIGHT NOW.

The only question I see is whether or not she has realised all this yet. Sakura’s thoughts/feelings right now are a bit of a mystery.

Also, if Sakura cared about R!Syaoran over C!Syaoran, she wouldn't have left R!Syaoran. If R!Syaoran was the one she had come to care about, she would've just made sweet monkey love to him, and he could cry with joy like a good little uke all throughout

Lol. Greeat. I now have that image stuck in my mind xD
But I have to disagree. She left in order to change the future – and I think that’s reason enough to leave. It doesn’t necessarily mean she doesn’t care about him as much or anything. If it had been C!Syaoran there in place of R!Syaoran I imagine she would have done the same thing.

Offline Mari

• Big Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 31 2007, 02:24 am »
Only problem I have with that possibility is that it kind of kills the possibility of later fanfics. XD

You underestimate the power of fan brats and their love of reincarnations…>p

They are soulless beings yet don't go around killing people that get in their way like C!Syaoran does. The Mokona's were created things too yet it's obvious they really care about everyone. So I don't think it's fair to compare him with the other created beings as they're all very different cases.

Oh, I love it when you fight for my causes with your eyes closed! xD
Exactly as you say “created.”  Mokonas were created by Clow and Yuuko a certain way just as C!Syaoran was “created” by FWR a certain way~

Well thats the thing.. It's not certain that she is. How long ago was it that she said about getting his heart back? Back in Tokyo, wasn't it? She may have had countless other visions and suchlike since then. How do we know she hasn't changed her mind? Time itself could have changed her mind.

“She hasn’t said anything”  So again, you fight both sides of a cause.  Lurve.
But I think it’ her actions and motives in this case that speak louder than words.  After all Yuuko said that Sakura is waiting for C!Syaoran in that dream and that is why she choose that place to go to.  Of all places she wished, that was the one she took her 50/50 chance on.

I really can't see it being that easy. I just.. can't.. CLAMP didn't make C!Syaoran a heartless Clone for nothing just so that he could become his old self again

We shall certainly see…

R!Syaoran did insinuate it, though.

Insinuation.  Common device to throw off reader and make them think what they want.  Just as, you mentioned, everyone believed they knew exactly what Sakura was about back in Infinity.

Sorry T_T I didn’t mean it to come out like that *feels bad* Please forgive me?

*sigh*  I’m so lenient with you…. xDDD
I’ll resist the urge to take any of your eyes.

Humorous how we’re ultimately facing each other over a pairing…aren’t these boards usually used for telling why we love them?  Not talking about their existence and legitimacy? LoL.

I just meant that in contrast to the Clone and Sakura there was a much greater sense of teamwork between R!Syaoran and Sakura, I felt.

This is exactly what I don’t like about them.  It’s outer work (surface value, almost only for the sake of a nice panel of them) but there was a deeper sense of bonding and understanding between Syaoran-kun and Sakura that R!Syaoran and her haven’t even come close to having. ((by the way, back when we were talking about visions, and when Sakura entered the arena and touched Fay’s hand and you thought she might have had another “sight” …do you think she’s been able to get pieces of R!Syaoran’s life in the same way…?  Some looks gave the impression…))

And where was the team work and the trust when he kept grabbing her?  He doesn’t know her, it’s as simple as that.  Syaoran-kun could let her be her own person because he was with her in a way that was more than watching.

I guess I just didn’t like the way C!Syaoran nearly always acted as her protector rather than her equal (which Sakura wanted him to be)

It was one of the dynamics they were trying to overcome in the relationship, though.  It’d be very stale and unreal if Syaoran-kun believed he, a parentless commoner, could be with a Princess and so he loves her in a way that he‘s able to.  People seem to skip over the facts that it would just never happen in real life, mostly because they see Syaoran and Sakura and it’s all “Oh! Together no matter what!!”  Sad to see you skipped over it too…

Also.. it sounds really stupid saying it but I feel like Cloney has had his time now.. he’s had his 15 volumes of happiness..

*buries face in hands*

You know I think what you just said is made of so many levels of wrong so I’ll just add  R!Syaoran takes the face of someone who lost everything according to his will opposed to someone who never had anything to begin with.  If there truly was nothing in his life then he wouldn’t be able to even approach the witch because he would have nothing worthwhile and he wouldn’t have the motivation to.  R!Syaoran is a perfectly full person and I only see him as a common friend who cares for everyone.

He shouldn't do that. Remember when Sakura told Fai in Infinity to not smile if he doesn't want to? And also when she said "at least let me worry" to little C!Syaoran? If he is not happy, he should not smile and pretend everything's fine when it's not. Unlike that, R!Syaoran is a very honest guy.. he doesn’t feel like smiling so he doesn’t. He allows her to see how he's truely feeling and that’s a more truthful relationship, don’t you think? No good can ever come from lying or pretending.

Now this is just very humorous to me!! *giggles*

You say you don’t like the fact Syaoran-kun should only smile to make her happy yet you DO like the fact that R!Syaoran keeps his distance and doesn’t press his love because it would upset her. *burst into giggles*  It’s the same thing!!  Rather hard to fight against motives of a person who shares a soul, ne?  Even going into your CCS!Syaoran, he smiled for Sakura and held back his love (oh!  Dishonesty?  Just what you accuse Syaoran-kun of…?) to makes sure that Sakura is not troubled over the rejection.

On another point entirely Syaoran-kun was honest with her in Clow, because he was her precious friend then (the whole lonely scene…?).  He can no longer be that person and he HAS to hold himself back from being the one in her forbidden memories because she will pass out at any mention.  It’s really the saddest thing that the two cannot discuss their feelings and are forced to walk on tip toe around each other and YET---here’s a part I love---despite all these boundaries and barriers they were still able to fall in love with each other on a while different field and hold a new relationship together once more!

Btw, just finished holic the other day. New OTP yays! Watanuki x Kudakitsune FTW! They are so in love! xD (I’m only half joking)

LOL. xDD

As for instances that make me love it..

I don’t think it’s right for me to argue any of your reasons (you should know by not I’m ready to say so many things xD) since they are your true thoughts instead of theories like we’ve been aimlessly going on about so I’ll just say I do understand why such things would make you support the idea <3 Opposed to the first time someone talked of a R!SyaoranxSakura possibility and I seriously thought it was a crack pairing ^^;;  Which is why I’m going all 20-questions on you because I never thought of it before it was mentioned and don’t understand it to be honest.

OT but have you been reading TRC since it was first serialized too?  Or did you come in at a later point in the story?

Random = Lol.  My spell check has the term “C!Syaoran” in it for some reason and it was trying to replace R!Syaoran with it…My computer doesn‘t like R!Syaoran….>.>

*hugs*  I’m going to be gone for two months starting Sunday, Red-chan!!! ;_;
I’ll PM you about it later~

*resists urge to comment on your comments to Suu*
Though I will say you go against you own ideas by saying he’s the same but saying that the things Syaoran-kun does you don’t like :/

Offline redeternity

• Good Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 01 2007, 03:59 am »
Going to put my first thoughts about Holic that I didn't put in my last post:
1. What Yuuko said about the egg… She said “something that is meant to be one is now two” (she might have actually said this in TRC too cant remember -.-) and was also referring to the Syaorans at the same time. And then she said it was “that person’s (FWR) fault”. “Changing other people’s paths… collecting souls… breaking the world’s order…” My conclusion = Cloney was never supposed to exist since it is stated that Syaoran was meant to be one, and that by creating a clone FWR has interfered and changed paths.
But the whole interfering thing doesn’t fit with the “everything is hitsuzen” rule. Explain plz CLAMP.

2. Also those wing things which attached to that girl. I got the impression that Fei Wang created them.. Interesting.. Could this be related to the tube scene and the wings growing on Sakura? So will she lose control of her emotions once they grow on her back? But then there’s one thing I don’t understand.. the wings are supposed to suck out the soul from the body, right? Then why are they actually growing on Sakura’s soul itself? Hmm..

3. Finally, why was Yuuko in another dimension when R!Syaoran visited her shop to go to where C!Syaoran was? Why was she protecting herself from him? Or had she just lost her umbrella and didn’t want to get her hair wet?

“She hasn’t said anything”  So again, you fight both sides of a cause.  Lurve.

Eh?

Insinuation.  Common device to throw off reader and make them think what they want.

Maybe so. But it still seems pretty crystal clear that that’s what he was trying to do if you ask me. He said what I quoted (about killing him if he continued to be a created thing acting widly and forcefully) WHILST getting his sword out and then attempting to kill him. It’s not so much an assumption on my part - it is the same as saying “I plan to kill you now because you are still the heartless feather-hunting thing you were created to be”. Moreover, he seemed perfectly ready to kill him and would have done so had Sakura not screamed to them to stop.

We are never going to agree ^__^
So basically we can conclude that I think C!Syaoran=doomed & he can never go back to how he was.
Whilst you think C!Syaoran=grown his own heart? (but it’s not there at the moment or something? I confess I’m a little confused exactly what your theory is actually)

aren’t these boards usually used for telling why we love them?  Not talking about their existence and legitimacy? LoL.

Well it is a general syaoran x sakura thread, right? :D

It’s outer work (surface value, almost only for the sake of a nice panel of them)

O.O

((by the way, back when we were talking about visions, and when Sakura entered the arena and touched Fay’s hand and you thought she might have had another “sight” …do you think she’s been able to get pieces of R!Syaoran’s life in the same way…?  Some looks gave the impression…))

Do you mean seeing parts of R!Syaoran's life when she touched him or when she touched Fai?
If you meant the former, no I didn't.. but interesting idea. I got the impression that she got a vision from touching Fai in Tokyo due to his large amount of power, though? But thats just the impression I got. And I don't think R!Syaoran has fully regained his power back yet (otherwise he would have been the one to be stabbed by Fai).

And where was the team work and the trust when he kept grabbing her?

Nothing to do with trust. He doesn't know how to communicate his feelings so he ends up doing things like that in an attempt to tell her that he cares about her/doesn't want her to go etc

People seem to skip over the facts that it would just never happen in real life

Um.. Since when has TRC ever reflected what happens in real life? If so, then why do people have swords coming out of their hands, and memories appear in the form of feathers? >.>
And btw you saying about the relationship being unreal made me realise that that’s exactly what I don’t like about their relationship. It felt very much like a fairy-tale type relationship. (even though the manga itself is of the fantasy genre the relationships/characters themselves should not also be fantasy-like). And even though they did face mini hardships like the whole “woe! I’m a commoner and she’s a princess!!” and “woe! She’ll never remember me!!” you knew that ultimately everything would be alright anyway.
It’s what I don’t like about C!Syaoran too. I don't mean to insult but he's very much the “ideal guy”.. so much so that it’s unrealistic. I’m sure you’d disagree with me, though. R!Syaoran is just more human than C!Syaoran to me. He’s more believable as a character.

Just out of interest, which do you prefer - CCS!Syaoran or C!Syaoran? And I forbid you from answering "both"!

You say you don’t like the fact Syaoran-kun should only smile to make her happy yet you DO like the fact that R!Syaoran keeps his distance and doesn’t press his love because it would upset her. *burst into giggles*  It’s the same thing!!

Not quite the same. I meant about him pretending everything is okay when it’s not – and that’s what I don’t like.

I seriously thought it was a crack pairing ^^;;  Which is why I’m going all 20-questions on you because I never thought of it before it was mentioned and don’t understand it to be honest.

So do you still think it's crack?
R!SyaoranxSakura has just as many valid reason for ending up as the canon pairing as C!SyaoranxSakura does IMO.. Besides, if CLAMP wasn’t playing out the whole which Syaoran will end up with Sakura thing then why would they do splash pages like this

OT but have you been reading TRC since it was first serialized too?  Or did you come in at a later point in the story?

I came in much later. But I did actually discover TRC just after it’s 5th or so chapter was out in Japan. But back then all I could find was raws. Besides that I didn’t really understand what it was either so I just kinda forgot about it for several years. Then later I discovered the anime, and started watching not really finding it all that great but since it was Syaoran and Sakura I watched it anyway. Then it was around the time the Tokyo arc was ending that I started to read the manga and then the very first chapter that I followed along with everyone else was the very first Infinity one. So I haven’t really been following it that long.
But wow you’ve been reading it since it was first serialized?

*hugs*  I’m going to be gone for two months starting Sunday, Red-chan!!! ;_;

2 Months???!  :'( K, I'll reply in the PM.
On the other hand since I’m going back to college in just over a week, I'll have less time to spend online anyway. Not only that but I think our debate is very much going around in circles because I've run out of arguments and have nothing much else to add so I keep repeating myself lol. Hopefully by the time you come back though there will be more info.
« Last Edit: September 01 2007, 11:28 am by redeternity »

Offline redeternity

• Good Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 25 2007, 09:17 am »
Sorry for double posting (almost 2 months later lol) but the damn thing won’t let me modify my last post anymore, which is so annoying!

Basically.. I just randomly read over what I said and, ugh, I officially don’t know wth I’m talking about  -_-  ..I contradicted myself (again) when I said about the whole unreal relationship thing. I’m such a moron >< Just ignore that entire paragraph xD
..I noticed my grammar was also bad. I should really check over what I’ve written properly before I post..
« Last Edit: October 26 2007, 12:13 am by redeternity »