AuthorTopic: Chapter 148  (Read 9498 times)

Offline Itzeen

• Obsessed Fan
  • Ya casi al final del principio....
Chapter 148
« on: March 29 2007, 04:24 am »
An here the chapter that everyone want to see chap 148 by ladydarkmoon

http://ladydarkmoon.livejournal.com/138661.html#cutid1

Translations here, by Ashura_sama, down the spoiler

Show content
Chapitre 148
Two choices

-01- (splash: Ashura-ou)

For the sun to go down and the moon to appear,
the love and hatred that wither
and bloom again---

-02-

Shaoran: Do you intend on going to another world by yourself!?

Sakura: ... Let go of me.
Shaoran: Is it because I'm here!?

Sakura: It's not like that. (T/N: I think it's a mistake here that the bubble points to Shaoran. He doesn't end his sentences with "no" like that.)
Sakura: It's not your fault.

-03-

Sakura: But, if I don't go...
Sakura: I won't be in time.

Shaoran: !?

Fai: ... It can't be.
Sakura-chan.

-06-

??: Do you want to get out?
From this place.

??: It's not a dream. This is reality.

??: Let's grant
??: that wish.

??: However, it's only one person that can leave.

-07-

??: Choose.
You or the other person. (T/N: I don't know how relevant this is, but I should mention that "Fai's twin" is referred to as "mou hitori" by the speaker. "Mou hitori no <first-person-pronoun-of-choice>" is a common way to refer to one's twin... or clone.)

Fai: (T/N: Yay, it's the blank bubble of doom!)

-08-

??: You have chosen.
The result is this.

??: The life that you chose to erase.

??: You must bear that blame.

??: This is
??: a curse.

-09-

??: Very soon, the one who will come to pick you up will appear.

??: You'll probably be able to leave this place.

??: However, in due time...

??: The reason why you guys were always locked up at each place.
??: If a person who exceeds that mighty magic power should appear in front of your eyes, that person... (T/N: The sentence ends with "omae wa", which I'd normally leave as "you will", but I had to reorder the sentence in page 18 for shock effect, and that reflected here.)

-10-

Ashura-ou: I came to pick you up.

Ashura-ou: Because the world isn't just this place.

-12-

Kurogane: Wait!

-13-

Shaoran: ?!

-14-

Sakura: Fai-san...

-18-

??: That person,
??: you will

??: kill.

Teaser: The blade stabs!
The bonds are lost!!
« Last Edit: March 29 2007, 08:57 am by Itzeen »

Member of Halita-fansub

Tsubasa -Reservoir Chronicle- proyect in spanish http://itzeen.livejournal.com/

I'm a SxS girlfan!!!!!

The power to lose everything.....

.... and the power to save everything...

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
Re: Chapter 148
« Reply #1 on: March 29 2007, 04:40 am »
I think I get it now...

Show content
Okay, so, one of them is in the tower, right? Fay, it appears, is at the foot of the tower (but not inside it). A voice (Fei Wang) asks Fay; "Which one of you will get out?".
Though we can't see Fay's response because the textbubble is blocked by a snowflake, I think he chooses his sibling/friend/clone/whatever.
However, the voice took that a bit too literally (on purpose, I suppose), and teleported the sibling/friend/clone/whatever to the other side of the window. And still like... 100 feet up. So the obvious result would be a long fall, resulting in death. Whoops.
Fay tried to be helpful, but ended up killing the sibling/clone. It's sad, really.
I guess Fei Wang only had use for one of them. And Fay, feeling guilty, made Chii in her (or maybe his, since we can't be sure of the gender) likeness.
Does that make sense?

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Xiao_Lang

• Eyes=Food
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #2 on: March 29 2007, 05:41 am »
o__O

Jeez CLAMP are scaring me. ^^;
I don't really have any interesting or intelligent theories to share or discuss. I think over the last few weeks CLAMP have broken my brain (possibly beyond repair)
I just hope everything turns out ok in the end... o_O

Show content
I knew what was going to happen in this chapter because I am bad and read spoilers...however, the happenings of Fyes past are both confusing and scary. 

Meowzy, I response to what you said, that seems to make sense :)

Offline Mina

• Obsessed Fan
  • この世に「外人」なんていない
« Reply #3 on: March 29 2007, 06:05 am »
My first reaction was: WHAT!?

Show content
Fai... why... why?

I know why, it's FWR's fault! His curse... and seems like Fait did it unconsciously....(thus his shocked expression in last page... he has like "omg, what did I just do?" expression)

So Sakura saying 「間に合わない・・・」(I won't be able to make it).... she was refering to this?
She knew, didn't she? That this would happen. She didn't want to break the bond between her and Fai, that's why she was trying so hard to get away, wasn't it? If that's the truth, then it make sense.

And FWR wanting Sakura dead... could it be that once the feathers go into Sakura, FWR won't be able to use them.... so if Sakura is dead, all he has to do is collect the feathers and he gets the power...how cruel....

This made me ponder about C!Syaoran's action. When he got the feather in Tokyo, he gave it to Sakura. If FWR wanted Sakura dead, they why would C!Syaoran give that feather to Sakura? Could it be that C!Syaoran actually did mange to make his own heart, and that heart reacted to Sakura, giving her the feather instead of FWR?

I want chapter 149 now!

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #4 on: March 29 2007, 06:19 am »
The chapter is out! *downloading*
« Last Edit: March 30 2007, 01:56 am by Sandra-chan »
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 29 2007, 06:20 am »
oh my! thank you very much for post!

*downloads and waits to read*

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #6 on: March 29 2007, 06:44 am »
Oh. My. God.

Show content
When Syaoran lost hold of Sakura's hand and Fai weaseled out of Kurogane's grip, my first reaction was something like: 'Noo! Don't leave the puppies behind!!1', and then... :o
I keep on repeating to myself: 'FWR is not really a bad guy; there will eventually be a twist that shows him in a sympathetic light. FWR is not really a bad guy...', but honestly, this is just going too far. No one makes Fai stab his precious baby girl and lives to regret it. >< Will there ever be a cute Fai-mommy/Sakura scene again after this?
I have no idea about what's up with the clone(?), but can there be a possibility that FWR for some reason doesn't want Sakura to leave the group? Fate often seems to work in a loop like that, and CLAMPverse is no exception (see RG Veda for a reference). Not that it makes sense for him to make her stay by killing her, but that's the only theory I can think of right now.

CLAMP really have us wrapped around their finger, haven't they? I'd sell my soul for an early release of the next chapter...
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Itzeen

• Obsessed Fan
  • Ya casi al final del principio....
« Reply #7 on: March 29 2007, 09:12 am »
I Agree with every thing all of you say, really my first reacction with no translation was: OMG and WTF, WTF, WTF!!!!

Show content
But something is bothering me when you see page 15 and then page 16, Is like a jump in time (I think), there's no mach with page 15 and 16, And I was Thinking maybe when Sakura said: "Fai-san", inside of Fay it was a Flashforward of the thing was going to happened, because we see in page 15 that fay in some sort of way notices Xiao-lang's sword, but we never see the other o he never shows the intention to pick up the sword...... Well all of this is only some kind of hypotesis.

But, if it is real and not a flashforward....  :shifty: poor Sakura.... she knew and se want to scape... I think, poor fay... (but I want to know who was the other person, hes brother, sis, clon?????

I want Chap 149!!!!!!!!!

Member of Halita-fansub

Tsubasa -Reservoir Chronicle- proyect in spanish http://itzeen.livejournal.com/

I'm a SxS girlfan!!!!!

The power to lose everything.....

.... and the power to save everything...

Offline Yersi Fanel

• Kamui Fangirl ^^
  • Good Fan
  • Everything will change
« Reply #8 on: March 29 2007, 01:31 pm »
Show content
naaaa, She'll be fine, she's the main character XD

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #9 on: March 29 2007, 06:04 pm »
Show content
wow what a chappie...
so many twists... i wonder how everyone will react to fai's unwilling betreyal? kuro's reation is the oe im most interested inn...

pleaase tell  me theres a chapter next week.
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #10 on: March 29 2007, 07:01 pm »
Personally, I hope Kurogane will grab Fay and run. XD
However...
Show content
Is Freya still hanging around there? Cause I think Fay will panick, grab Freya's hand and run to another dimension. That is what Fay does best, after all.
However, because Freya is connected to Chii, the possibility that Fay will end up in Celes is quite high. The Celes where Ashura just woke up. *giggles*

Offline kuma

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #11 on: March 29 2007, 07:28 pm »
don't worry there will be chp 149 next week but after that will be break by how many week/s?

I couldn't stare at the picture long enough coz' it'll break my heart :(

possibility for sakura's premonition to happen next chp
and I promise myself that I won't read su-chan's spoiler
*cross finger*

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #12 on: March 29 2007, 11:14 pm »
Show content
My sister had a really interesting thought. She said that, maybe, the clone/sibling was actually Fay from a different dimension. Celes seems like a pretty magic-centered dimension, after all. It wouldn't be strange if they'd managed to steal a Fay from a different dimension. Or maybe Fay #2 got there on his own.
« Last Edit: March 30 2007, 03:10 am by Meowzy »

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #13 on: March 30 2007, 02:30 am »
OMG!!!!! I didn't read the chapter before hand so this was a big shock.
Show content
It seems like Fai did it unwillingly, I hope so and I really hope Sakura will be alright. If she would die... Oh poor Fai  :'( And I wonder if the other child was his twin or his clone.. And how will Kurogane and Syaoran react? They don't know about Fai curse..
BTW is Chii also in trinity now? You can see her on page 14, or is it just an illusion or something?
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 30 2007, 02:50 am »
Show content
It seems like Fai did it unwillingly, I hope so and I really hope Sakura will be alright. If she would die... Oh poor Fai  :'(

Show content
Seeing as how he was cursed, I think it's obvious that he didn't choose to do it by his own free will (whatever horrible things he's done it the past, I still don't think he would ever do that to Sakura willingly. Her least of all). I find it very unlikely that Sakura will die - she is the second main character after all, there are still some eight volumes to go, and Yuuko has promised her and Syaoran a happy ending.
Signifying nothing.

Offline kuma

• New Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 30 2007, 03:48 am »
Show content
I'm 100% sure that sakura would be okay. with her luck she'll survive.
it seems that fai was 'as if hypnotized' when he stabed sakura (because of the flashback) and I saw that he just realized it after the blood hit his face

i wonder what world would be or maybe should be the one that Sakura wishes to go
wherever it is, if she goes through freya the possibilty would be celles since freya was somehow synchronize with chii. don't you think so?

Offline Sabbe-chan

• cRAzY fan
  • "L, do you know?..."
« Reply #16 on: March 30 2007, 04:47 am »
Wow, this chapter really shocked me!!
Show content
I feel soo sorry for Fai!! And Sakura too of course. I'm a bit worried about how Fai'll react to this, he'll probably freak out...Noo!! Hopefully Kuro-chan will be there and comfort him.  I agree that Sakura will be okay, I mean, without her the story doesn't really have a reason to go on. BTW, Clamp definitely has an obsession with clones/twins. They're everywhere!!
Can't help being a hopeless manga/anime lover....

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #17 on: March 30 2007, 05:24 am »
Show content
Seeing as how he was cursed, I think it's obvious that he didn't choose to do it by his own free will (whatever horrible things he's done it the past, I still don't think he would ever do that to Sakura willingly. Her least of all). I find it very unlikely that Sakura will die - she is the second main character after all, there are still some eight volumes to go, and Yuuko has promised her and Syaoran a happy ending.

Show content
Yeah it must have been the curse which him do it, I feel so sorry for him, Sakura will probably survive your right about that but they will ever be able to talk with each other like they used to I wonder...  I really hope Yuuko is right about that they will have a happy ending but will Kurogane and Fai have it too? She only mentions Syaoran and Sakura.

I think I get it now...

Show content
Okay, so, one of them is in the tower, right? Fay, it appears, is at the foot of the tower (but not inside it). A voice (Fei Wang) asks Fay; "Which one of you will get out?".
Though we can't see Fay's response because the textbubble is blocked by a snowflake, I think he chooses his sibling/friend/clone/whatever.
However, the voice took that a bit too literally (on purpose, I suppose), and teleported the sibling/friend/clone/whatever to the other side of the window. And still like... 100 feet up. So the obvious result would be a long fall, resulting in death. Whoops.
Fay tried to be helpful, but ended up killing the sibling/clone. It's sad, really.
I guess Fei Wang only had use for one of them. And Fay, feeling guilty, made Chii in her (or maybe his, since we can't be sure of the gender) likeness.
Does that make sense?

Show content
It could be like that but I think it would make sense if Fai chose himself, because Fei wong Reed said that "You chose to erase that life, you must bear the resbonsibility of that" so for him to get out the other one had to die (though Fai didn't know that),but that it's Fai's fault that he died. If Fai wanted that his twin/clone should be released, but Fei wong Reed "accidentally" killed him it wouldn't be Fai's fault.

BTW does anyone else think that it looks a bit odd when Fai removes his arm from Kurogane's grip?
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #18 on: March 30 2007, 06:00 am »
Show content
It could be like that but I think it would make sense if Fai chose himself, because Fei wong Reed said that "You chose to erase that life, you must bear the resbonsibility of that" so for him to get out the other one had to die (though Fai didn't know that),but that it's Fai's fault that he died. If Fai wanted that his twin/clone should be released, but Fei wong Reed "accidentally" killed him it wouldn't be Fai's fault.

I think it kinda would be, because if Fay had chosen himself, the other could have lived. Sure, he/she'd still be locked up, but they'd live.
Then again, chibi Fay did seem rather keen to get out. Perhaps he did choose himself.

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #19 on: March 30 2007, 06:09 am »
I think it kinda would be, because if Fay had chosen himself, the other could have lived. Sure, he/she'd still be locked up, but they'd live.
Then again, chibi Fay did seem rather keen to get out. Perhaps he did choose himself.

It seems like Fei wong Reed only needed one of them, maybe he thought that it would be best to kill the one he didn't need instead of keeping him looked in because there is a possibility that someone could release the child who was in the tower..
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline Ando

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #20 on: March 30 2007, 06:26 am »
Show content
I just noticed, by the way - remember the first little glimps we had of Fai's past? The whole 'I want to die' stuff? Wasn't he behind bars then? That would mean that the Fai we saw then was the one that got killed, which makes you wonder which Fai is the 'right' one (that is, assuming that one of them is a clone and that they're not twins or something)...

I really hope Yuuko is right about that they will have a happy ending but will Kurogane and Fai have it too? She only mentions Syaoran and Sakura.

Actually, she does mention Kurogane and Fai as well. 'I'm sure things will work out for the two of them. The same goes for the big black guy and the one in white'. (xxxHolic vol 2)

Show content
BTW does anyone else think that it looks a bit odd when Fai removes his arm from Kurogane's grip?

Show content
I think he uses magic to get out of his grip, thus the 'zizzle' effect.
Signifying nothing.

Offline penaro

« Reply #21 on: March 30 2007, 12:05 pm »
oh my god. I can't even imagine how they'll go about continuing this in the next chapter...

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #22 on: March 30 2007, 12:45 pm »
Show content
its going to be so intense the next chapter. im really glad that CLAMP werent sadistic enough to leave us hanging after this, lile they did after clonie ate fai's eye.

so much can happen now.... im most intersted in kuro's reaction...he'll be p[issed, mortified, angry, and he wont let fai brush THIS off, like all those other times. (not to say fai would try...) but still, he wont let fai go untill he gets an explanation...

as for fai, he WOULD want to leave, since sakura will (obviously) survive, he might end up trying it again...

sakura will survive, not just becuase she/'s the heroine, but because yuuko let her keep her luck until she left. and since she never got to leave, her wish is null and void :P therefore no luck will be transfered.

i wrote a couple essays on 2 subjects because of this chapter:

Fai's the most powerful?

Yuuko's loopholeism
« Last Edit: March 30 2007, 04:33 pm by Super Sailor Yue »
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #23 on: March 30 2007, 11:32 pm »
Show content
I just noticed, by the way - remember the first little glimps we had of Fai's past? The whole 'I want to die' stuff? Wasn't he behind bars then? That would mean that the Fai we saw then was the one that got killed, which makes you wonder which Fai is the 'right' one (that is, assuming that one of them is a clone and that they're not twins or something)...

Yeah you're right about that, the child we saw then couldn't have been "our" Fai. I hope we will see more of Fai's past so that we will understand who the other child was and also learn more about Ashura.

Show content
Actually, she does mention Kurogane and Fai as well. 'I'm sure things will work out for the two of them. The same goes for the big black guy and the one in white'. (xxxHolic vol 2) I think he uses magic to get out of his grip, thus the 'zizzle' effect.

I forgot that she mentions Kurogane and Fai too, then Tsubasa will hopefully have a happy ending, Yuuko has never been wrong before right? I also thought that he used magic or something to free himself from Kurogane, otherwise it would have looked differently.
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline Sabbe-chan

• cRAzY fan
  • "L, do you know?..."
« Reply #24 on: March 31 2007, 03:35 am »
Show content
Show content
I've also thought of that theory. It's not impossible that Fai chose himself instead of the other. He looked pretty desperate to get out...And you're right that if he chose the sibling/clone, then it wouldn't really be his fault, 'cause he couldn't have known that FWR would kill him. He just thought that FWR would set the sibling/clone free. So, you have a good point there.

Can't help being a hopeless manga/anime lover....

Offline Syaozen

• Raitei Shourai!
« Reply #25 on: April 02 2007, 04:58 am »
If anyone's seen Code Geass 23, I hope Syaoran gets as pissed off as Suzaku and goes crazy after seeing that
Koko ni ite

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• Dean Winchester is tied up in my closet!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • 100% Dean Winchester Obsessed!
« Reply #26 on: April 02 2007, 09:21 am »
.....Holy....crap.

I saw the RAW's before I saw translations so I was confused and ANGRY and [sniff] Sad when I saw that.

Now that I "know", I'm still confused....ANGRY! and [sobs] Sad.

CLAMP...I'd like my soul back, please.
~--------~~--------~
Rest in peace my furry friend.
Cinnamon - November 15th, 1990 - January 21st, 2006
~--------------------~
-AV NOT made by me. Creater unknown.-

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #27 on: April 03 2007, 08:51 am »
I can't believe this! The manga keeps getting twistier and more twistier! Fai...why?
Show content
I wanted to cry right there and then when he stabbed Sakura, he loved her so. Now he's going to feel so guilty! But what I don't understand is why he has to kill her?
I read it to fast! *sob*

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #28 on: April 03 2007, 04:30 pm »
Show content
who knows why FWR wanted it, but the way the curse went, since sakura got more powerful than him, he couldnt stop himself. poor guy. he's gonna be so broken, and screwed up after this. itle be up to kuro to pick up the peices :)
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline itsafactiact

• All the World is a stage but the Play is badly cast
  • Big Fan
  • The World is a stage, and I a humble player
« Reply #29 on: April 03 2007, 04:34 pm »
man i'm still can't believe what happened! When does the next one come out so that I can gain a bit more of my mind back?

All the World is a Stage, But the Play is badly Cast    ~<3~     Listen To Your Heartbeat and Dance

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #30 on: April 03 2007, 04:51 pm »
its up. i started the thread. and 
Show content
after reading it your brain will implode. x_x
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi