AuthorTopic: NEWS FROM CLAMP!!  (Read 12071 times)

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
NEWS FROM CLAMP!!
« on: March 06 2007, 02:59 am »
VERY NEWS FROM CLAMP ABOUT TRC!  28 VOLUMES!

HERE THE INTERVIEW:
FONT: CHIBIYUUTO/CARCARROT, PUUF MAGAZINE

- 2/3 of Tsubasa's story has already been told. From now on, reading both TRC and XXXHOLiC will be more interesting because the link between them will be intensified.
- In order to cause a huge impact in Chapter 120, when Fye looses his eye, they decided to not show any blood-shedding previous to that.
- Ohkawa wanted to include in the script an "ordinary" conversation between Fuuma and Seishirou during the Tokyo arc.
- Quote from the interview:

King Ashura finally woke up. Are we finally going to see the story of Celes?
Ohkawa: Yes.
Mokona: Somebody from the anime staff said that broadcasting Fye's past would be impossible (laughs).

-----------------------------------
◆Has the ending of Tsubasa been decided?
Ohkawa: Yes. By now, even if it shifted a bit, the story is moving towards the decided ending. But then, Seishirou is very different from what we thought he would be. *laughs*
Mokona:  Yea,  at first Subaru was decided for that role.
Nekoi: The one who taught Syaoran.
Ohkawa: We said it would be Subaru when we talked with the person in charge, but when we were writing that into the script, it was suddenly changed to Seishirou.
Igarashi: It was quite a shock for the one who drew. *laughs*
Mokona: That was because it has been long since the last time young Seishirou was drawn. *laughs*
Ohkawa: We changed that at the last moment as we liked it. *laughs* Actually either of them would have suited the role, but "Seishirou going after Subaru" seems to be better than drawing "Subaru who is chasing somebody" for the second time. Changing the story due to sudden thoughts may cause the disappearence of some other characters who ought to appear afterwards, and the story can't move in the direction as we designed it to be. But we would like to experience something called "the characters making their own decisions", which never happened before. Didn't some other author say, "the characters would do something unexpected"?

◆If so, isn't it possible for the ending to change?
Mokona: Then what should we do with the storyline we have designed? *laughs*
Nekoi: Things like a complete change in story or protagonist does happen often in Shounen Magazine and Seinen Magazine. *laughs*
Ohkawa: But then, I really hope that unexpected things would happen in the stories.
Mokona: We are not just talking about Seishirou now, and what does this have to do with the question anyway? *laughs*
Ohkawa: It isn't bad intention or anything, but sometimes we just don't want to follow the conventional practice.
Nekoi: Because even if we kept the decided stuff now, we feel that we are sparing no effort.
Mokona: Right. And we can't accept what we hate anyhow.
Igarashi: For instance, clothing for girls. *laughs*
Mokona: It used to be difficult to handle.
Nekoi: But now we don't mind that.
Mokona: Not just that, sometimes we even enjoy drawing it. *laughs*
Ohkawa: I have been thinking recently, even if there are mistakes, or things that are different from what we said, it doesn't matter as long as they make the story more meaningful. The greatest failure would be that, we are restricted by what we said and thought, to the extent that the story becomes dull and boring.
Nekoi: I think, even if we are told that "this is different from what you've said", or "this is totally wrong", as long as we admit honestly that "I did say so, but now I think it is better to be done this way", it is okay.
Mokona: I always thought that "changing your mind would be the worst thing ever", and "it is a shame that we can't keep what we've said". But then, human beings often change, and development isn't possible without the very ability to change.
Igarashi: This is something that can't be understood without the 15 years.
◆In other words, although things are happening according to the plan, it may change if you have some new ideas?
Mokona: The greatest mistake we've ever made should be that "the world is coming to an end", we were so shocked. *laughs* But now I would think in this way, "Oh, so I'm wrong. But everyone will forgive me, right?" *laughs* It feels better if you think in this way.
Ohkawa: I think "whether they will forgive us" is still a problem though. *laughs*

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
Re: NEWS FROM CLAMP!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06 2007, 05:30 am »
Interesting!~

Broadcasting Fye's past would be impossible? As in... It's really bloody and evil?
Awesome... >D

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Loveless_Belial

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #2 on: March 06 2007, 08:12 am »
So there's only going to be 28 vols. to TRC. That's cool. So I guess then XXXHOLiC will be the same as well?

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
« Reply #3 on: March 06 2007, 01:43 pm »
Interesting!~

Broadcasting Fye's past would be impossible? As in... It's really bloody and evil?
Awesome... >D
i agree. fai's past HAS to be uber awsome for the anime crew to say that :D
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Itzeen

• Obsessed Fan
  • Ya casi al final del principio....
« Reply #4 on: March 06 2007, 01:51 pm »
MY DEAR LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 28 Volumes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's grate, but how would the girls keeps the intense in all the rest of the story????

No Fai's Past????????? :-\ beacause the blood....... because what!!!!!!!!!!!! explain (jeez!$!"··"%! the tv people)

OK I want  to see more...........

Member of Halita-fansub

Tsubasa -Reservoir Chronicle- proyect in spanish http://itzeen.livejournal.com/

I'm a SxS girlfan!!!!!

The power to lose everything.....

.... and the power to save everything...

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #5 on: March 06 2007, 04:19 pm »
MY DEAR LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 28 Volumes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's grate, but how would the girls keeps the intense in all the rest of the story????

No Fai's Past????????? :-\ beacause the blood....... because what!!!!!!!!!!!! explain (jeez!$!"··"%! the tv people)

OK I want  to see more...........
perhaps not BLOOD, but more than liely drama, angst and violence :D
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Sandra-chan

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #6 on: March 07 2007, 01:42 am »
Wow  :o 28 volumes, Tsubasa is definetly going to be the longest series clamp ever made (and maybe xxxholic too if it is going to be as long as trc)
"Mokona: Somebody from the anime staff said that broadcasting Fye's past would be impossible (laughs)." Really... :surprised: Still I belive that they will have to broadcast it, but very likely it will be edited alot and after that it will be very different from the manga.. That will probabaly happen to the x arc too..  -_-
Fun to know that they at first decided that Subaru was going to be Syaoran's "old teacher" not Seishirou ^^
KuroxFay forever!
Banners made by me ^^

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #7 on: March 07 2007, 02:23 am »
YEAH, great news at least. demo, how much will TRC last? 1 year else?

Offline Sabbe-chan

• cRAzY fan
  • "L, do you know?..."
« Reply #8 on: March 07 2007, 06:48 am »
Wow, 28 volumes....I thought it might be over twenty volumes long but not 28!! Well, it's kinda good news 'cause I really don't want TRC to end, even though I still want some answers..
Can't help being a hopeless manga/anime lover....

Offline Zettai daijoubu

• hisuzen
  • cRAzY fan
  • feel free to tag on my blog or add me on MSN^^
« Reply #9 on: March 07 2007, 10:00 pm »
No fai's past?!?! i'm been waiting for it!!!

siggie made by Moon-Li.. thanz lots! aikoi^^

在这世界上没有所谓的「巧合」有的只是「必然」。

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 07 2007, 11:35 pm »
No fai's past?!?! i'm been waiting for it!!!

we will know Fai's past, but without bloody scenes...the ones where he lost his eye were  too much impact.

Offline Emiko

• cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #11 on: March 08 2007, 01:07 am »
The anime might not even continue, either, so if that was the case we probably don't need to worry about Fai's past being broadcast or not.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Mina

• Obsessed Fan
  • この世に「外人」なんていない
« Reply #12 on: March 11 2007, 05:22 pm »
28 volumes! o.O So that makes 11 more volumes to buy for me ^_^;  I need to go save some more money, haha XD

Assuming all volumes will have 8 chapter each, that leaves us with 75 more chapters left. So Tsubasa will end in later half of 2008 or early 2009.

We still have time  :greengrin:

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #13 on: March 13 2007, 12:42 am »
28 volumes! o.O So that makes 11 more volumes to buy for me ^_^;  I need to go save some more money, haha XD

Assuming all volumes will have 8 chapter each, that leaves us with 75 more chapters left. So Tsubasa will end in later half of 2008 or early 2009.

We still have time  :greengrin:
Wow, that's too much time, but I don't want TRC ended. ^^

Offline tsuki

• Dedicated Fan
  • I'm a seiyuu lover~
« Reply #14 on: March 13 2007, 02:28 am »
Oh wow!!28 volumes!! o_O I thought it is only 20-25 volumes only! XD
And yes,I think this is the most longest CLAMP's series [but I don't read CLAMP's another work except xxxHOLiC! o.O"]!! >__<"
I can't wait the ending!Furthermore,I have final exam this year [next year will be 13 years old! XD],so it would be a great news for me.I still reading xxxHOLiC volume 9-10 as well. -_-
To broadcasting Fye's past is truly impossible!! ^^" Yeah,its true,right!?
I also don't wanna TRC end...Long live TRC~!! XD

Cursed Moon

Forum family

~Møon Li - Onee-san

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #15 on: March 15 2007, 07:32 am »
28 volumes? As much as I love TRC, that seems a bit... too much. My poor, poor economy. ^^'

Quote from:
Mokona: Somebody from the anime staff said that broadcasting Fye's past would be impossible (laughs).

I never fails to amaze me that CLAMP haven't started putting disclaimers on their manga when a magazine starts publishing them or an anime company is to animate them. Like, you know:

"WARNING! Series will grow more violent with each chapter. Blood will be shed, eyeballs will be exchanged. Please take a few minutes to ponder whether your company's age target will be able to handle uncensored material before signing the contract".

Then they (hopefully) wouldn't have to suffer butchered anime based on their works or their manga being cancelled...
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline Airashii

• I Will Fight For My Love!
  • cRAzY fan
  • Gay is Happy
« Reply #16 on: April 11 2007, 02:25 am »
The anime might not even continue, either, so if that was the case we probably don't need to worry about Fai's past being broadcast or not.

Yeah, it really is a drag...I really wanted to see his past in anime, but since TRC anime is kid friendly (argh) they won't do it.

Embrace and kiss me
My feelings of falling in love with you is never ending
'Aikoi' by FictionJunction YUUKA
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Forum Family My cool little bro: Kouichi

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #17 on: April 21 2007, 03:39 pm »
Twenty-eight volumes...  Wow.  O.o  Two-thirds and eight more volumes to go. Whoosh!
O.o

Offline KratosAurion

• Good Fan
  • Angel of Cruxis
« Reply #18 on: April 22 2007, 01:23 pm »
Very interesting, to say the least. I wasn't expecting 28 volumes, so I'm pretty happy about these news since I'm a lover of long series.

I'm still not done with xxxHolic and I even stopped reading it somewhere in chapter 4... I really have to stop being lazy and read all of it since I don't want to miss a single bit of the storyline.

Offline fairy_tale

• happy girl
« Reply #19 on: October 05 2007, 11:43 pm »
oh my god what a good news!
(\__/) THIS IS THE BUNNIE COPY AND PASTE
(=_=) BUNNIE INTO YOUR SIGNATURE TO
(").(") HELP HIM GAIN WORLD DOMINATION

nice to meet you all.rabbit...

Offline nicole_shimun

• kamui kun to subaru kun kakui desu wa~
« Reply #20 on: November 23 2007, 01:40 am »
so if they do really continue the anime as in season 3, no bloody scenes? T.T but anyway better than nothing~ at least already know after reading the manga... and I read this article at a website, since it failed this year, maybe they're airing season 3 next spring... hope it does so >.< *crossing fingers*  so funny about the part where subaru was supposed to be syaoran's teacher ( thank goodness they changed to seishirou )whoa, a long more way to go to the ending~ great news... won't be bored with nothing to read that's as great as TSUBASA CHRONICLES~ :happy3:

hihi~ nice to meet u all!

~*watashi no forum family n_n*~
onee-chan~ moon li                        oni-chan~ kuro puppy
taisetchu no tomodachi~ chibi kitty ( buta obaa-chan )

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #21 on: November 23 2007, 01:53 am »
nope. no season 3. just hte 3 part oav. and it WILL be just as bloody as the manga =)
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
« Reply #22 on: November 23 2007, 02:37 am »
Nope...rather have no season at all than the blood scenes deleted. That's what hurt the 2 seasons of TRC when it was decided to air it on an EDUCATIONAL type channel  :nono:

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #23 on: November 23 2007, 04:45 am »
Nope...rather have no season at all than the blood scenes deleted. That's what hurt the 2 seasons of TRC when it was decided to air it on an EDUCATIONAL type channel  :nono:

agreed. Taking OVA dvd's is a smart choice as dvd's don't suffer from the censorship so we can have the TRC story in all its bloody glory XD
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline nicole_shimun

• kamui kun to subaru kun kakui desu wa~
« Reply #24 on: November 23 2007, 12:55 pm »
so desu ka? maybe that websites wrong~ but anyhow... agree with the fact that its better to have ova's that are bloody as the manga than the season that is EDUCATIONAL~ *chills* so currently, they're just going to continue making more and more ova's based on the manga ka? hope there's new ova's soon~ hv to wait until January and March for the 2nd and 3rd part of TRC Tokyo revelations T.T

hihi~ nice to meet u all!

~*watashi no forum family n_n*~
onee-chan~ moon li                        oni-chan~ kuro puppy
taisetchu no tomodachi~ chibi kitty ( buta obaa-chan )

Offline sam mogford

• New Fan
  • TRC fan 4 life
« Reply #25 on: November 23 2007, 05:19 pm »
stupid educational @#$$%$& editing TRC! TRC deserves to be told exactly as clamp would have done it! (exuse the language, at least i cencored it, right?)
true strength comes from the heart. one day i will be strong, like syaoran.

Offline pimkie

« Reply #26 on: January 04 2008, 07:41 am »
They're good news, 28 volumens tha's fantastic : D
anyway, Now i think how it's gonna be the past of fai : O
With doubt, the ova's were a great idea for trc to don't suffer any problem : )