CLAMP's Famous Works > Cardcaptor Sakura

CCS Downloads - is it illegal? (UPDATE: Not anymore!)

(1/5) > >>

Kasawa Lanford:
UPDATE: As of December 31, 2006, all animated Card Captor Sakura material is officially legal to distribute. That means complete episodes can be freely downloaded and viewed, even on this forum. Why? As most of you know, Geneon (formerly Pioneer), was the license holder for Card Captor Sakura here in the United States. However, on December 31, 2006, the license expired, reclassifying original Japanese Card Captor Sakura material in the United States as open domain and making it legal to distribute. Note that even though Card Captor Sakura is no longer a registered trademark, CardCaptors still is, so CardCaptors material cannot be distributed here...but it's not like anyone wants or cares to do so. =) Enjoy!

Good Evening Everyone. While it's in the rules that CapturedWings does not support illegal activity's and thus forbids the posting of links to illegal websites. I have here a post that was made in another topic, everyone should see:

--- Quote ---As per United State's law, it is ILLEGAL to post links to websites that have copyrighted material or pirated or uploaded episodes of anime's that are currently LICENSED in the United States of America.

This forum is located on a US server, that mean's this forum falls under the United States Copyright Law, and that law forbids anyone from owning a website that has links to copyrighted material without explicite permission from the owners of said anime.

This forum has rules about this, and those rules are clear: No posting links to websites with ILLEGAL downloads.

I am very much saddened that NO ONE here bothered to report this to a moderator seeing how posting these links was not only in violation of the rules, the ToS of this forum, AND the US Law, but could've potentionally have gotten Sli and Little-wolf IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW!

Posting links to sites such as Amazon.com and such that have the dvd's for sale is allowed.
Posting links to illegal sites is not allowed.

--- End quote ---

Posting of links to websites that have the anime availible to download for a PRICE is ok
Posting of links to websites that have the anime avalible for dvd is allowed.

But posting links to websites that have the anime and it's respected episodes availible for free is against the ToS you signed, the ToS of this forum, and the ToS of the SERVER, AND the Tos/United States Copyright Law of this nation.

Discussion of CCS is perfectly fine, but please don't post illegal links. Doing so will result in a warning, and removal of the link.

Now, the reason for this post? Because I felt our younger members needed a better explanation of why it was not right to post those links. If you have any concerns or questions please PM me.... I didn't take a course in law enforcement for nothing you know ;)

Have a good day ;)

Kuro-puppy:
read the other topic

well that explains it, i always wondered why CCS episodes were posted while everything else was forbidden

Kasawa Lanford:
Thats why I made this topic.

Just like how CW forbids links to TRC Season 1 episodes (For download)
CW also forbids links to CardCaptor Sakura episodes (For download)

Kuro-puppy:

--- Quote from: Kasawa Lanford on December 18 2006, 04:22 pm ---Thats why I made this topic.

Just like how CW forbids links to TRC Season 1 episodes (For download)
CW also forbids links to CardCaptor Sakura episodes (For download)

--- End quote ---

*takes notepad*

TC season 1 forbidden.....hm hm....make alterations....hm hm...in plans....chance of promoting my site on CW......0% >.<

Kasawa Lanford:
considering it's illegal to even own such a site, yes.

Don't forget, you are basically insulting Clamp by hosting there episodes on your website. They NEED the money in order to STAY in bussiness and create more great anime, what you are doing is taking money AWAY from Clamp and slowly KILLING them.

You realy sure that's what you want to do? If not, then I suggest you just scrap your website.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version