AuthorTopic: Legal Drug  (Read 9289 times)

Offline Jill Yuki

Legal Drug
« on: April 21 2005, 11:04 am »
Does anyone else like this other CLAMP series? I love it! The adventures of Rikuo and Kazahaya are just too funny.

Offline Tune

• i want a simple and easygoing life~
  • cRAzY fan
Re: Legal Drug
« Reply #1 on: April 21 2005, 12:10 pm »
i know legal drug is 1 of CLAMP's series but i'm not quite sure of the storyline...any1 can mind to explain a little? i thought the xxxholic cross-over might get me interested..but theres too little to base on~ :P

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #2 on: April 21 2005, 03:00 pm »
I've only read a little bit of the first one, but I really liked it.
It's really funny at times, and the writing is awesome.
 I'm going to go back and read what's out so far after I finish with the available Fruits Basket books I can get my hands on!

Offline Jill Yuki

« Reply #3 on: April 28 2005, 11:43 am »
It's about two 17-year-old guys who met by...accident sorta. Kazahaya was freezing to death in the snow one x-mas and Rikuo just picked him up and took him back to the 'Green Drugstore' where he worked under Kakei and Saiga's management. When Kazahaya wakes up, he's offered a job to work with Rikuo in the store, and from then on he's been trying to make a lot of money for some unknown (at least to my knowledge) purpose by going on odd jobs assigned to him and Rikuo by Kakei. There is implied yaoi and it's really funny because Kazahaya doesn't really like Rikuo, and Rikuo doesn't really like him. But they (extremely) slowly become friends.

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #4 on: June 07 2005, 05:01 pm »
I've just finished the third book of this series and it just gets better and better!
The dialoge and story lines are so awesome and funny and the relationship between Kazahaya and Rikou is hilarious at times.

Lot's of crossovers here too.
The vase that Watanuki has in book 5 of XxxHolic, Suki and I'm sure more that I haven't noticed yet.

This has become one of my most favorite mangas, if you haven't read it, you really should. Especially if you like XxxHolic!

Offline Director of Music

• Musicians Make Better Lovers
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Department of Diagnostic Medicine
« Reply #5 on: September 06 2005, 03:07 am »
Legal Drug is AWESOME. But ive heard that they're gonna stop the production :angry:

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #6 on: September 06 2005, 03:09 am »
Really? Nooooo!

I've only just got volume 1, and I love it! I've read the translations, but I've always missed the pictures until now! And they're STOPPING?!

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #7 on: September 06 2005, 05:15 am »
Yeah... its been on hiatus for a while after volume 3, I think. *pouts* Legal Drug is awesome.. especially the way its so blatantly shounen-ai. :XD: Saiga is my favorite... the shades rule, hehe.

I read somewhere that CLAMP had like 15 volumes planned for it, but there's been no word as to when they're going to pick it up again. :(

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 10 2005, 09:17 am »
lol rikou is my favorite.  I love his sarcastic manner XD

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #9 on: September 10 2005, 09:46 am »
Yeah... its been on hiatus for a while after volume 3, I think. *pouts* Legal Drug is awesome.. especially the way its so blatantly shounen-ai. :XD: Saiga is my favorite... the shades rule, hehe.

I read somewhere that CLAMP had like 15 volumes planned for it, but there's been no word as to when they're going to pick it up again. :(

Aaahhh! 15 WHOLE volumes and we ended up only getting 3? I knew they were planning on doing more, but not that many! Not faaaaaiiiirr..... I've liked Legal Drug for a LONG time and when I heard CLAMP was taking a break from it at 3, I went on Tokyo Pop's site and saw 4 volumes listed and my hopes were SO high until I learned it was a MISTAKE! *growls* But I hope they don't pull another X and put it on permanent hiatus... I really wanna know what's going on with Rikuou's tattoo and those girls they both keep thinking about. (Kazahaya's sister and Rikuou's, erm I dunno what..)
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 11 2005, 11:30 pm »
yep yep i agree with you.  I went on the site also and was realllly happy they had volume 4 -.- imagine my shock and anger when it wasnt gonna come out.  Question....Is Rikou and Kazahaya...are they...actually...er...gay? :silent:

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #11 on: September 11 2005, 11:47 pm »
I'm not sure....a lot of fanfiction have them together, and Rikuo sure teases Kazahaya a lot......and then there was the scene beneath the tree.....

To tell you the truth, I don't know, but I think that it's likely......especially since CLAMP usually put romance in their stories, and those two are the main characters.

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 11 2005, 11:49 pm »
Thats really true... hnn but i still like Rikou XD regardless of whatever he is  :greengrin:

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #13 on: September 12 2005, 02:12 am »
O.o.. I thought that there was no question that they were gay... That's why I read it... *sweatdrop*
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #14 on: September 13 2005, 07:40 am »
Ah   :heh:

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #15 on: September 13 2005, 12:34 pm »
They just haven't admitted it to themselves yet. :lol: Either that or CLAMP is throwing a whole lot of stuff out for the fangirls, only to be evil and twist things in the end. I think they'll end up together, though.

And there's no question Kakei and Saiga are together. <3

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #16 on: September 13 2005, 02:27 pm »
kyaa! (i just found this thread!) i love legal drug!! hehehe!

i really want CLAMP to continue the series! i miss it...the art was very nice. ^^ and i must find out what happened to kei and tsukiko!

yup, tokyopop put a volume 4 up on their site, but it's not confirmed T_T

Offline Emperor Shaoran

• Gyonin will make a proclaimation...
« Reply #17 on: September 13 2005, 10:51 pm »
I love Legal Drug! I've got all the Japanese volumes plus 2 of the Tokyopop (3 isn't in stock where I live).

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #18 on: October 02 2005, 12:59 pm »
Alright, this may be random, but...

Why hasn't anyone from Legal Drug crossed over in Tsubasa?? O.o

I'll be waiting, CLAMP... o_o

Offline Fye-chan

• I respect your opinion. Just don't want to hear it!!!
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Open your eyes: see the things which are invisible
« Reply #19 on: October 03 2005, 02:45 am »
Maybe because it's to new...?
Hey but moment...they appeared in the first Volume from xxxHolic! Kimihiro buys something in theire drug store!
So...the hope for Tsubasa is there!^^
Please visit my:  Doujinshi ~ AMV's ~  My Shingetsutan AMV's

set made by .::ka::.

My lovely Forum Family <3 : 
older sisters - AkaiYuki, Sakaki 
brother - c3d   
little sisters - Director of Music,  rusty,  Zeldi
nieces - Cherry-chan,    sofiacardcaptors
special-german-sister: Kyo
twin sis - pretty

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #20 on: October 07 2005, 03:51 am »
I've ordered the last 2 books now....I hope CLAMP write more soon!

For an interview where CLAMP talked about Legal Drug, go here;

http://www.livejournal.com/users/usomitai/83485.html

And for this great piece on exactly why Legal Drug reeks of shonen-ai, go here;

http://www.sequentialtart.com/archive/aug05/art_0805_4.shtml

And go here for the best gallery I've seen so far!

http://remedy.silhouette-project.com/gallery.htm

Offline Fye-chan

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 08 2005, 08:41 pm »
WoW thank you so much for these links!!!!

brother - c3d   
twin sis - pretty

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 09 2005, 01:07 am »
Awesomeness

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #23 on: October 09 2005, 02:32 am »
Arigatou Ruby Chan!! I really enjoyed the pics and reading that article "Legal Drug Under a Microscope." ^_~

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #24 on: October 09 2005, 06:45 pm »
I have just read volume 3 for the second time.

Oh
My
God

Now I get why everyone was saying it was a shonen-ai for sure! I thought it was wishful thinking at first, but after actually being able to see the pictures and not just read translations...wow! I especially like the shocked expression Rikuo has when Kazahaya let's it slip by the tree that there was never anyone else around before....just him and his.....  (sister)

Plus, if Kakei opened the store to protect Kazahaya and those he holds dear, then I think that if they let Rikuo stay there, he must be very important to Kazahaya in the future.....and since Kazahaya's already pondering about whether they could date.... (LOL)

Hurry up and find another magazine, CLAMP!
« Last Edit: February 20 2006, 09:40 pm by Ruby Chan »

Offline Fye-chan

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 09 2005, 07:33 pm »
Yeah I know! The third volume is my favorite! After I read it I thought: WoW that was clearly!
The expression on Rikuos face was great but I absolutely love the scene where Rikuo wave at Kazahaya who stand on the stage and he gets totally hyper and all think it's cute!!!
When Rikuo turns away and begin to laugh I had laugh too! I love that scene!
*must read it once more*

brother - c3d   
twin sis - pretty

Offline augustserenade

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #26 on: October 10 2005, 03:39 am »
I loved the third volume!! The ending was promising too, when Rikou tells Kazahaya that he likes him how he normally is. And Rikou laughing at Kazahaya was priceless! =3 I think they should permanently enroll in that school! XD

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 10 2005, 10:42 am »
I love the 3rd volume cos of Rikou's clothing XD the suit is awesome *drools*

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #28 on: December 01 2005, 07:36 am »
Yeah! I hadn't seen this thread before! I love Legal Drug, it's an awesome series. Kakei/Saiga is one of my fav pairings. They're so... I don't really want to say 'cute,' because they're not 'Yuki/Toya' kind of cute, but they are cute. It's nice to see a healthy, adult, unambiguous homosexual relationship in Clamp.

And Legal Drug is -so- shonen-ai. I read the entry for Legal Drug on wikipedia, and wikipedia said Clamp has said that they didn't mean Legal Drug to be shonen-ai, but still... I've NEVER heard mention of that, and if it had been said, I think that would send shockwaves through the Legal Drug fanbase. I won't even bother to argue with anybody who says that Kakei/Saiga aren't a couple, and the hints at Kazahaya/Rikuo are so obvious. And has there seriously -ever- been a fanfic in which Kazahaya and Rikuo ended up with other people? If there is, I haven't seen it, and I am a big fanfic fan.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline sugahcat

• Good Fan
  • Yo!
« Reply #29 on: December 03 2005, 08:34 am »
I love Gohou Drug :) Very shounen-ai and that makes me happy, as does Tsubaki's lovely art. I thought it wasnt being published at the moment because of the magazine it was in going out of print or something? I'm sure I read that...

My favourite character is Kakei, I think. He's just so pretty and mysterious ^^ Or Kazahaya because he's so naive. My favourite volume is three, because of a) boys in dresses and b) it's hysterically funny.

Offline Sabrina

• Big Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 03 2005, 08:12 pm »
Awh, I have been read pnly two first volume and I was nearly order the third one from Archonia but it was out of stock there ;____;
What, they wil stop the story O___O noooooooooo!!!! it's so good, those guys are so funny (and those mini-storys at end of volumes are funny *giggle* example that when Kazahaya were playing his workingmoney...teehee)
Life is out of here....

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #31 on: February 20 2006, 09:44 pm »
I wish that a fourth volume would be released...does anyone know whether it's in the pipeline?

All those mysteries are really bugging me...especially Kazahaya's. Why was it always just his sister and him? There must be some secret power/lineage/or use that caused them to be shut away.....for some reason, I've always thought that maybe Kazahaya was being trained to forcibly read people's memories, for some reason....

And that he left because maybe either he or his sister were to be chosen for something he didn't want to do?

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #32 on: February 21 2006, 01:28 am »
LD will be taken back up as soon as the argument with Asuka over X is over; both X and LD were being published by Asuka, so LD stopped when X stopped.

And apparently there are supposed to be about 15 volumes... CLAMP said in an interview that they'd only done 1/5 of the series they'd intended to do. Which is awesome. Now if they'd just do it.

Show content
The question of Kei is interesting... Kazahaya says to her in an inner monologue, "If we had stayed together, it would have been either you or me." So... he left to save Kei's and his own life? If he wasn't around, Kei could live, but if he stayed one of them would have ended up dead? Might they have even ended up having to kill each other, a la Battle Royale? (Creepy...) It does imply that one of them would have been chosen for something that Kazahaya at least didn't want to do.

And... a friend on LJ and I had a conversation about some of the mysteries surrounding LD here. It's full of spoilers.

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #33 on: February 22 2006, 01:23 pm »
I was also having my first glance of Legal Drug from XXXHolics...
I think the fact that Kimihiro visited the drug store gives us another little mystery about Legal Drug... To me anyway...
Why is there a faint image of kimono?

Now come to think of it, Rikuou and Kazahaya's relationship reminds me of Shizuka and Kimihiro... Maybe it's just a nautier version of XXXHolic... ah well, until there's more update of Legal Drug from CLAMP, I'll just continue reading XXXHolic. It's still good.

What is the argument between Asuka and CLAMP about? Was it the question of the content?

Offline Jeannette

• Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #34 on: February 22 2006, 01:43 pm »
Yes, the argument was over content. Asuka doesn't like X's ending.

Show content
The shapes in xxxHOLiC are almost certainly supposed to be Kei, Kazahaya's sister, and Tsukiko, Rikuo's... someone. Yeah, we don't know what the relationship between Rikuo and Tsukiko is yet.

And there's a lot of conversation about the similarities between Kazahaya/Rikuo and Watanuki/Doumeki and the series in general. Some of it is worthwhile, but I think the case can be overstated, myself.

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #35 on: March 08 2006, 02:40 am »
WHAAAAAADT?!

No Legal Drug?

CLAMP, I love you...but...no. Don't stop Legal Drug ;_;

...Although, they have got quite a lot going right now. I suppose that Tsubasa and xxxHOLiC are their main focus...(And from what I've seen, Tsubasa more than HOLiC? Correct me if I'm wrong)

...And I'm a Tsubasa fan, so...yay!

But I love Legal Drug too...<3 ;_; If they do an 'X' on us...*pouts*

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella