AuthorTopic: So you would like to be a writer/manga creator,  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
So you would like to be a writer/manga creator,
« on: August 16 2006, 01:25 pm »
Let me tell you something, I'll try not to be mean..........

1st off, if you a 13 year old kid, or any age for that matter, and believe you have the best story ever and you want it turned into a manga/anime by your fav manga artist, your dreaming, because that will never happen, because the writing business, be it written or drawn, is very hard, grueling and cruel to those who might have a good story, but are either to young and or have the education level that it takes, as in knowing who to send it to, and how to protect yourself from copywriters and being a copywriter yourself.

Ok now that’s that over with, don’t let what I said stop you from writing a story or creating a manga, because if that stopped you then how would you ever stand up for yourself. Let’s get down the myths and facts of becoming a manga creator, regarding written stories as well.

1. You have to live in Japan to be a Manga creator----No, you can live anywhere in the world and be a manga creator, its just not manga, to some peoples eyes, just another wannabe thing, but don't let that get you down.

2. You write a story and send it to an anime company, telling then you want your characters to look like Inuyasha and Sakura, just pretend which Sakura, and tell them other stuff like what music, blah,blah,blah....
No, if you do send a story to a company, two things will most likely happen.
   A. It will be trashed, and if it is looked at, will be laughed at then trashed.
   B. It is read, and good, but the person that reads it can steel your idea, and you'd have no proff    that you created it, in the end he/she would be laughing at you for a fool that you are.

3. Creating a manga takes more then one person---Yes, someone has to create a story, then draw it, then ink it, clean it up, get a publisher, get it printed, and the small/big legal copyrighted thing.

4. Deadlines are the true pressure of many people who write stories.---Very true, organization is a major key factor to writing a story, you have to have a time and date, that you are free to work with your story, before the deadline is up, if you miss a few deadlines, it can damage your trust with the company that is publishing your story.

5. Make sure you copywriter your work---Yes, this is how many people get ripped off in the world, because if you don't get it copywriter it wouldn't take much for a "trusted friend" to steel your story.

Now lets get started with creating a story,

Lets start with an idea of what you want.....For an example, I'm using LOVE/adventure/happy or sad ending?

I have an idea in motion, so I'm now going to create my characters for the part, which shouldn't be to hard if you have your own idea of your Characters in mind.

The Main Chara:
The girl----very sick health
The Good boy---fell for the girl for her kindness
The Bad boy---fell for the girl for her looks

Now I have three main characters, you can have more Main if you want. Now for the minor Characters

Minor Chara:

The nurse---Helps the girl find her true love
The Father---very protective
Good boy friends----they’re to protect
Bad Boy friends----they’re to destroy

It depends on whom the main Characters know and trust will your story fold out to your liking.

Now, if you at least have a story in mind, you have to have a true ending, because if you don't, your story will have a rushed ending, leaving people confused or angered.

For the three Main Characters, both boys fight over the girl, many things happen, to which the girl falls for either one boy or both, but in the end, both boys don't get the girl because she dies of her illness.

Once your done with your story, as in no longer writing it, that is when you end it, don't change the ending, don't add things not needed, that kind of stuff, what you do need to do is reread and fix the spelling errors in your story, this is a major down fall for many writers, and as I'm typing now have to go over some stuff, once that is finished you should copywriter it.

After that you have to choose to:
Let someone you trust, like family, a friend maybe...read it and ask them what they think.
Or you can now draw your characters, if you haven't already, and create your manga,
For a manga, every five written pages can equal two pages of drawn manga.

Once your finished, and or have at least 10-15 manga chapters written, but if its a written book, I'd say the whole thing should be finished, then you could look for publishers that are interested.

Tokyo Pop might be a good one for the Manga,
And Del Ray, not the manga side, would help with a written book.
At these places professionals can take a look at your work and determine if your story is good enough to publish.

Well now that I have the basics down, lets go back to the story I created, how long it will be,
Three Manga books long. How many chapters per book 30-50?

Title: Love
      By: Smile_For_Me

Book 1: Hold Me--The girl is on the cover
      Book 2: Kiss Me--The Good Boy is on the cover
      Book 3: Kill Me--The bad Boy on the cover
*Come up with something Original and don't take my idea

This is a crazy thing, but once you get in, and people like your story, it will be easier to understand.

Now for my stories, I have 25 total

5 short stories, all but one is finished
10 written novel stories, I have 6 to finish
5 drawn stories, only one is over
And 5 in progress stories...., I only have a few chapters from each, but they all have an ending to my liking.

Well I hope this helps, so never give up on dreams of writing, my oldest story was written in 8th grade, and now I'm in college, so if you think you have a good story, hang on to it, and don't try to send it to Japan, like many other people do. If you need help, I will help you work out things you might need.

Have fun and never give up writing, because one day it might be a manga or an anime, a movie or a TV series, its just up to you on how you will work it.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME