Poll

Do you think Doumeki/Watanuki will become an official pairing?

It won't happen, only get hinted at.
20 (18.7%)
Are you nuts? Watanuki loves Himawari!
8 (7.5%)
Maybe, it's hard to tell.
14 (13.1%)
Totally! Doumeki so loves Watanuki!
42 (39.3%)
I'm leaning towards yes, but I'm not convinced yet.
23 (21.5%)

Total Members Voted: 100

AuthorTopic: XXXHOLiC Manga Discussion (Spoilers may be present!)  (Read 183018 times)

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • So many yaoi OTPs.... so litlte time =3
Re: XXXHOLiC Discussion (Spoilers may be present!)
« Reply #40 on: July 12 2006, 12:48 pm »
Hey, does anyone else kind of get the feeling that maybe Fei-Wong Reed is the one stealing souls with those wings?
Show content
Maybe to bring his 'clones' or 'creations' to life?
he was. thats why that reference was taken out in that episode of holic, cuz it was a trc reference <_<
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
Please contribute to my TVRage Tsubasa Chronicle Guide
-----
Part of the Remember Hideki comittee/antiBeetrain comittee
-----
Online mangas @msn:
Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLeS
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi
Cousin: kudan
Big Sis: Møon Li
Twin:Tatasenko

not mine

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #41 on: July 12 2006, 12:50 pm »
TRC
Show content
Wasn't it pretty much stated outright in Chapitre 120 that he was? Yuuko says "I know that Fei Wang was collecting the souls of people for the sake of his dream." I had immediately assumed she was talking about the wing parasites. We don't know what Fei-Wang's dream is, but he doesn't seem to care too much about the creations he has now...maybe for a special one?

How much do you think the outcome of TRC will be related to XXXHOLiC? Most of the time they aren't too much related, but the crossover points are important to the plot of TRC, at least. Yuuko and Clow knew quite a lot about the main characters of both series, back in the day...Is the fate of Watanuki&co. tied to the fate of Syaoran&co.? I wonder.
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #42 on: July 12 2006, 02:00 pm »
Aah, stupid me, of course!(*was a little too concerned for Fai to remember*)

I think XXXHolic and Tsubasa are probably going to be connected in some significant way before the end. While their respective endings may differ, I can see some sort of final battle being fought in around the same area, if not together. Since fighting is a more prominent theme in Tsubasa (Watanuki and Doumeki never do much physical fighting, after all, certainly not in the way the Tsubasa group does) I can't imagine the two casts uniting directly. But I think they'll meet and their destinies will be linked somehow, even if it's not in a big way.
Cold be heart and hand and bone
Cold be travelers far from home
They do not see what lies ahead
When sun has failed and moon is dead

Emiko's Forum Family
Wives: Becster & meliwan <3
Sisters: Kjesta, envyofthestage

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #43 on: July 12 2006, 02:02 pm »
Hard to say.  xxxHolic has always been more important to TRC than the other way around so it's possible that TRC's ending to have something to do with Yuuko but the 'Holic ending be free of the TRC characters.
LiveJournal - RG Veda LJ Community - Fanfiction.net Account - Ficwad Account

Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #44 on: July 12 2006, 02:03 pm »
Yes, XXXHolic and Tsubasa are so drastically different thematically that I don't know if they'll interlock in any huge way. I'm guessing it will be something small but significant.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Monse-chan

• Love is like a cherry blossom...
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Love is like a cherry blossom...sweet and delicate
« Reply #45 on: July 12 2006, 02:21 pm »
Yes, XXXHolic and Tsubasa are so drastically different thematically that I don't know if they'll interlock in any huge way. I'm guessing it will be something small but significant.

I agree with that.

Even so, I am soo totally in love with the manga and anime!! ^^

Yuuko is so cool! My fav. character, that is for sure!! ^^
  :bunny: *** My Forum Family*** :bunny:
Imouto-chans: Beautiful Maddie-chan, Zeldi-chan,and Marina-chan
Onii-san:[/b] KuroPuppy
Onee-chans: Charme-san, wise and funny Miss Endoh, and Ralea-chan
My lovely and wonderful tia: Moon Li
Lovely avatar and siggy made by my dear auntie Moon Li!!! Arigatou!!
[/i]

Cherry Blossoms dance around you.....
[/i][/b]

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #46 on: July 12 2006, 03:11 pm »
im wondering, since the anime is taking out basicaly everysingle TRC reference (the only one evident is the use of fai's staff as a rug beater, and even then it was drasticaly changed. [fai's staff is WAAY more elegent ad complex then the one used]) im wondering if they get around to doing the "woman in the park arc
Show content
watenuki meets with a woman in the park, and her presense is slowly killing him
will they keep in the TRC refgerence? [yuuko is MIA during that aarc for she is doing a ceremony to create gods IE: in paralel to the shura arc in TRC. hopefully theyll keep it in, otherwise, why else would yuuko be away, alowing watenuki get himself in such a pinch?
-----
When you fall in love, gender does not matter. You can't help who your heart chooses, it just HAPPENS. So don't try to fight it, you'll only end up hurt.

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #47 on: July 12 2006, 04:35 pm »
I love the manga, I do wish they would re-amp the anime, leaving all things TRC out is a bad thing to do, considering the the TRC Anime is keeping it in, this is why I dread half the time when manga gets turned into anime now a days. At least they did leave the Legal Drug Boys in, no matter how saddly animated they were....crys for the anime of XXXHolic
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #48 on: July 12 2006, 05:20 pm »
The no TRC thing in the anime surprises me since the movie *did* cross over with TRC.  That really makes no sense why they'd have one cross over and not the other one.

Offline sanlyn

• "A True Fan"
  • Neo-Angelique <3
« Reply #49 on: July 12 2006, 11:10 pm »
it has something to do with copyright issues among TV station.  NHK holds the copyright for Tsubasa anime in TV so it means no other tv station can air tsubasa or  show characters from tsubasa other than NHK channels.

I  think no tv station holds copyright for xxxHolic anime for TV since it aired in different TV stations across japan such as TBS, MBS, BS-i.

the reason why Tsubasa in NHK because the company also holds card captor sakura's copyright.

The movie has cross-over because its a different with tv and it won't air in tv anyway and more importantly, both were created by the same animation company (production IG).
yeah... movie is not created by BeeTrain.

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #50 on: July 13 2006, 12:43 am »
I actually really like the anime. They've made a few questionable choices... such as not killing the lying girl and making it possible for the girl with the wings to recover (trying to lighten XXXHolic is NOT a good idea by any means), but overall I think it's been pretty solid. The voices are good (DOUMEKI IS ZORO! ...Eeeh, maybe Yuuko's is different than I pictured her to be, but I've warmed up to it.) and I sort of like the animation, even if it's not top-notch. And they stay pretty close to the manga, maybe changing certain settlings or something, but usually the basic storyline remains unchanged. And the fillers haven't been bad (like Tsubasa's  -_-).

I thought it was was cool that the second filler was derived from the manga itself (Himawari's ghost story). That's a cool compromise for the people who don't like original stories.

I sort of liked what they did with Zashiki Warashi. The park-setting was really pretty, and so was her new outfit (though I woulda liked to see her original one...). And blue hair! She looks so pretty.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #51 on: July 13 2006, 01:37 am »
Yeah, the part where Yuuko is performing the ceremony to create gods... they can use TONS of excuses to make her MIA for that Woman-in-the-dark arc.
I mean, they changed the Valentine chocolate into red bean cakes, so it's not necessary to send the choco to Tsubasa just to match the Outo Arc in TRC.
They'll probably say that she goes off to visit client or something like that... going out of town/country/world or something. She IS a busy woman.

And... to be honest, I felt the same way about the lying girl, too. But,
Show content
when I see the episode about ANOTHER lying girl to cheats of people PURPOSELY, not being killed, that wouldn't seem fair.
They DID
Show content
kill off the woman with the wishing hand of ape

Another reason why they change the setting... I think it's because they want to accomodate the time of the year. Most of the episodes, as you can see, takes place in summer, and it IS summer now. Valentine is over months ago, that'd seem weird, especially when the
Show content
Rain Girl shows up before the Tengu's

I just found something interesting!!!!
XXXHolic DID make a crossover reference to ONE particular work!
On Episode 14, where the four people went to watch the movie. The character in the movie
Show content
Just might be the heroine from CLAMP's novel... I don't know exactly what it's called in English, but it's about that girl who can enter people's dreams, while a man is destined to be her partner
« Last Edit: July 13 2006, 02:46 am by Hira »

Offline Rekall

• It's spelled C.A.N.O.N
  • Super Fan
  • made by evercool on LJ
« Reply #52 on: July 13 2006, 06:05 am »
it has something to do with copyright issues among TV station.  NHK holds the copyright for Tsubasa anime in TV so it means no other tv station can air tsubasa or  show characters from tsubasa other than NHK channels.

I  think no tv station holds copyright for xxxHolic anime for TV since it aired in different TV stations across japan such as TBS, MBS, BS-i.

the reason why Tsubasa in NHK because the company also holds card captor sakura's copyright.

The movie has cross-over because its a different with tv and it won't air in tv anyway and more importantly, both were created by the same animation company (production IG).
yeah... movie is not created by BeeTrain.

Ah okay that makes a lot of sense.  I just assumed that TRC and XXXHolic were aired on the same station.

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #53 on: July 13 2006, 09:33 am »
intersting points, but also, the animation company is showing the arcs all out of order really,. non really matter when they get shown because theyre all really stand alone, but i REALLY hope they show the woman in the park BEFORE the eye arc. showing it after, or during would mess up the chemistry of the doumeki-watenuki pairing.
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #54 on: July 13 2006, 09:36 am »
Yeah. The arc with the woman in the park was a major turning-point for the Doumeki/Watanuki relationship, whether you look at it from a romantic point-of-view or not.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Capella

• The Ashura family owns my soul
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Anti-God - Ashura
« Reply #55 on: July 13 2006, 09:37 am »
I agree, that arc is huge for those two. I don't watch the Holic anime, though, so I'm not sure if moving it is something they're apt to do. Do they normally switch the arcs around?
The  "Remember Hideki" Campaign: Chii's one and only "someone just for me."
Come here to join!

My Forum Family
Elder Sister = Jeannette
Cousin = Becster

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #56 on: July 13 2006, 09:41 am »
Well, they did a lot of switching around in the beginning in order to introduce Doumeki quickly. The fortune teller only appears around episode 5 or something like that. I understand that move, though, since Doumeki's a major character and all, and it didn't affect the storyline *too* much (although the fortune teller's prediction was a little less mysterious since you already know who she's talking about). Other than that... hmm... I can't really remember.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #57 on: July 13 2006, 09:44 am »
I agree, that arc is huge for those two. I don't watch the Holic anime, though, so I'm not sure if moving it is something they're apt to do. Do they normally switch the arcs around?
theyve been runing arcs out of order for a bit.
 they showed the angel-san arc BEFORE revealing doumeki's latent priestly powers,(in the anime)
 the wings arc came AFTER the twins arc in the manga,
 the monkey paw came after the 100 ghosts story in the manga,
 so yeah, IG is running the arcs much out of order. but since theres no true plot basis other than hintings on the stranegnesses of himiwari, and developing the freindship etween watenuki and doumeki. its not really all that bad. so unlessthey change things about the 2 of them, its ok to chnge the ordr i guess :-\
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi

not mine

Offline Emiko

• Former Staff
  • cRAzY fan
  • Improvise.
« Reply #58 on: July 13 2006, 09:49 am »
Yeah, changing the order really doesn't have that much of an effect on the series as long as the characterization and relationship development is kept consistant.

Though I've always been pro-Holic anime. It's much better than the Tsubasa anime.

Emiko's Forum Family

Offline Sailor Yue-chan

• Vampire <3 FTW
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #59 on: July 13 2006, 09:50 am »
Yeah, changing the order really doesn't have that much of an effect on the series as long as the characterization and relationship development is kept consistant.

Though I've always been pro-Holic anime. It's much better than the Tsubasa anime.
true. the things IG has changed is NOTHING in comparison to what beetrain has changed <_<
-----

-----
-----
-----
Online mangas @msn:
xxxHOLIC
Forum Family:
Lil Sis:
Kairi