Do you like yaoi?

Yes
30 (54.5%)
No
15 (27.3%)
Not sure
10 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 52

AuthorTopic: Yaoi And Shonen-Ai  (Read 31602 times)

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • SHUT UP VOICES or i'll poke you with a Q-tip again
Re: Yaoi And Shonen-Ai
« Reply #100 on: January 21 2006, 07:11 pm »
mmmm... you are right.. .got your point but i can't explain my self ><!

((siggy made my me.. be nice.. its the first shit i make that actually turns ok- ))

Offline itsafactiact

• All the World is a stage but the Play is badly cast
  • Big Fan
  • The World is a stage, and I a humble player
« Reply #101 on: January 21 2006, 07:41 pm »
ya they are different...I can't explain it but ya I see it too. I almost want to say that the way they write the relationships are different like i guess status wise or I don't know thats the best I can come up with

All the World is a Stage, But the Play is badly Cast    ~<3~     Listen To Your Heartbeat and Dance

Offline AkaiYuki

• Kuro-GANE?!? Dun dun duuunnn... o.o
  • "A True Fan"
  • Kuro-samaaa! Yahoo!
« Reply #102 on: January 22 2006, 05:52 am »
Has anyone ever noticed how different boy/boy and boy/girl stories are? Leaving out the physical side of the relationships, and the usual plotlines of angsty does-he-like-me-too, am-I-really-gay and it's-a-prejuidiced-world....even fluff fics are totally different. Just the way they're written....I can't really explain it.

Has anyone else noticed it? And can you describe it better than I can?

Yeah, I've noticed that, too, Ruby-chan.. In fact, I think that's why I like them more! XD Because if it's a boy/girl relationship, it's usually pretty boring and just the same thing every time...

When it's a boy/boy or girl/girl manga, there is all that angst in the story line, and the character has to accept his or her feelings and he or she has to worry about how others will react, etc. Also, sometimes it turns out the other person isn't also gay or the other person can't accept being gay (In one manga I read one of the two boys killed himself for the way society treated him! It was so sad!!)

If it's a boy/girl thing the storyline is pretty much always just he thinks she's cute, she thinks he's cute, they get together: the end. -_- Boring to Yuki... Either that or it's the age old harem stories... Like Tenchi Muyo.. One guy lives with anywhere from six to thirty girls allll in one house and he has to pick one... Also boring. That's one reason I prefer gay couples to straight ones! XD The stories just seem more mature and complex to me.
.:The Poem of the Wind and Trees:.

KuroFai fans! Click the link and vote for KF!

Vote for KUROFAI!

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #103 on: January 22 2006, 06:05 am »
I agree withwhat my dear sister-in-law AkaiYuki's comments, and I want to add that a lot of the difference is because the relationship is between two boys and two girls as opposed to between a boy and a girl. Boys and girls interact with each other and with the opposite sex differently, and homosexuals also interact differently than straight people. Not much differently, but differently. That's why so many people have 'gaydar.' (I have a fairly sensitive pair of 'gaydar' myself.) I'd also like to add that, in straight relationships, the rules are fairly set and known, and everybody knows when either partner has a right to be angry because the other person has broken one of the rules. Gay relationships are breaking the rules themselves, so there are no clear, mutually understood rules like in straight relationships. The couple has to make the rules themselves.
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #104 on: January 26 2006, 03:57 pm »
conclution: shounen ai and yaoi couples are more interesting than normal ones

((siggy made my me.. be nice.. its the first shit i make that actually turns ok- ))

moezychan

« Reply #105 on: January 26 2006, 04:06 pm »
conclution: shounen ai and yaoi couples are more interesting than normal ones

Truly depends on what your opinion is. I don't find it interesting, and you couldn't make me find it interesting anymore than I could make you find straight couples interesting.

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #106 on: January 26 2006, 04:09 pm »
but its true anyway.. they are better.. personal oppinion, they are very few manga that i read about straight couples i get is boring.. the tipical girl who were friend of this boy and then they started to like each other.. and they kiss and somethimes they end having a family (dnagel, fruit basket, sakura..etc)

Offline Hikari B.

• "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #107 on: February 16 2006, 01:19 pm »
I voted not sure... I support only like 2 shounen-ai couples.
Show content
Zane and Syrus from Yu-Gi-Oh GX. Satoshi and Daisuke from DNAngel.

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #108 on: February 16 2006, 02:05 pm »
yay for satoshi and daisuki chan!!!
and you dont need use spoilers for that ^^U

Offline Sheepworld

• New Fan
  • What? What? What?
« Reply #109 on: February 17 2006, 05:55 am »
I admit I like shounen-ai (though I won't tell my family that ever) but I also enjoy shoujo-ai and straight pairings. I think that it's good to have a healthy mix. Even though I enjoyed it, I found Sukisho a little ridiculous since everyone was gay. I know, all boy's school and no women at all still...Well, lots of anime have just all straight pairings so I guess I can't complain...

The Satoshi Daisuke pairing is cute. I haven't seen or read much of DNAngel 'cause I could never get round to it but I was wondering how the Dark/Daisuke pairing would work. I've seen fanfics about them but they're sort of sharing the same body as far as I can tell so...Do they seperate later? I don't really know much about it so I really have no clue.  :sweatdrop:
Go! Go! GO!

Offline Hikari B.

• "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #110 on: February 17 2006, 07:33 am »
Personally, Satoshi and Daisuke have to be my favorite shounen-ai couple, yet!! ^__^

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #111 on: February 17 2006, 07:52 am »
The Satoshi Daisuke pairing is cute. I haven't seen or read much of DNAngel 'cause I could never get round to it but I was wondering how the Dark/Daisuke pairing would work. I've seen fanfics about them but they're sort of sharing the same body as far as I can tell so...Do they seperate later? I don't really know much about it so I really have no clue.  :sweatdrop:

yeah .. there are sometimes when things twisted... and are really impossible.. they just dont think about thise little details and make doushinjis..

other taboo couples that i dislike... even they are gay straight or whatever.. are the blood related one.. but i first grade.(brothers.. sisters... brother/sister... mom/son... )  .. really yukk.. like kouichi and his twin brother... err.. i canr remember his name but him..

Offline *Keru*

• New Fan
  • Hola!!!
« Reply #112 on: February 17 2006, 08:01 am »
Hi! It's No for me in this poll.  I just prefer boy/girl.  :heh:

BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!