AuthorTopic: chapter 108  (Read 18007 times)

Offline Ellie

• Hey, what can I say? I'm a KuroFai fan! ^_^
Re: chapter 108
« Reply #40 on: March 04 2006, 09:54 am »
Show content
Um, is it ok to say that I found it funny that a lot of people didn't reconize Kamui? 
And now onto my little rant ^_^  Clamp's style has changed dramatically since their older mangas, so it's right to say Of course Kamui as well as every other cross over character looks odd.  But I think Kamui looks very much like his X counter part.  The only difference is the lack of shading in the hair and eyes *Clamp has been lazy with the eyes and hair if you haven't noticed already*  Now there are a lot of theories going around about this, so I'll express two: Kamui joined the Seven Seals and Fuuma and his companions somehow found a way to destroy Earth, leaving only the seven seals alive.  They might of mistook Syaoran as an allie of their enemies.  Or, the roles were switched...Fuuma went to the seven seals and Kamui went to the dragons of earth (?).  I can totally see both happening.  Afterall, Tsubasa!Kamui and X!Kamui lived in different realms, so they could be different in a sense

Ah, that felt good ^_^
"...I'm also pretty sure that he and Fai aren't going to go skipping off together into the sunset at the end of the manga, either. I think it's possible that they may end up... together... somewhere... but I don't think there'll be any wedding dresses involved. Tragically. I bet CLAMP would draw a really nice wedding dress for Fai, too, with those embroidered flower things all over it... gaaaaaaahhhh... [ *drooling* ]..."
---Black and White  http://duskglass.com/blueskies/atlantis.php

Offline Jeannette

• Official KuroFai Advocate
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Souma <3
« Reply #41 on: March 04 2006, 10:08 am »
Ellie dear, I agreed with everything you said. Seriously. Though somehow I'm leaning towards it being the Seven Seals... I don't know. I just think that the one guy who made the joke about Syaoran's kicks being cool is Sorata. That's something Sorata would say (and underneath the cloak it kinda looks like Sorata), and I can't imagine one of the Angels making a comment like that. And I'm highly doubtful that it's random new characters. Why would CLAMP take the time to create six new brand-new characters to hang around Kamui when they could just use the ones he already has? Though perhaps it's a mix of the Angels and Seals- that would be cool.

(sidenote- your signature. ZOMG. That made me snort. Sadly, as much as we would all like to see Kuro and Fai get together,I agree there likely won't be any wedding dresses or wedding clothes in general involved even if they do get together. Despite the fact that I wrote a fic in which Fai and Tomoyo discussed Tomoyo's desire to create the clothes for the wedding. And there's too much angst between the two of them for them to go skipping off into the sunset.)
« Last Edit: March 05 2006, 09:05 am by Jeannette »
Sign the Petition for Equality: millionformarriage.org

My Livejournal CLAMP Yuri Com My Fanfiction My Graphics Sandcastles

Every time you rape the canon, God kills a kitten. Please, think of the kittens.

My Forum Wife: hoshisenshi - My Sister-in-Law: AkaiYuki - My Sister: Capella - Pet Doggy: Quimmy

Proud Member of the Remember Hideki Campaign

Offline Jenx

• Flan > You
  • Good Fan
  • Dun wanna. D= You can't make me. D= Muffin! ^.^
« Reply #42 on: March 04 2006, 10:37 am »
The hair color and the hair length are really the only Kamui-like things about him. But moving on, since I've already been told up and down 20 times that I'm an idiot. XD
I do think it's the 7 seals. This may be a strange argument but if you look at the symbol on their clothes, it'sd something like a black dragon and a white dragon overlapping- I'm assuming the white as the seals and the black as the earth, going by all those funny pictures of Kamui with a black and a white wing- and the white dragon is in the front. Plus the halo-type thing, dragons of HEAVEN... ok, now I'm just using the same BS technique I use on my lit teacher.
But really, that little bicker-y bit does sound like Sora and Arashi.
"A train stops at a train station. A bus stops at a bus station. On my desk, I have a workstation..."

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
  • Chemicals imbalance, who needs them anyway?
« Reply #43 on: March 05 2006, 02:35 pm »
Go back and look at the last chapter of CCS and compare how Syaoran is drawn there to that in Tsubasa BIG DIFFERENCE! Not so much with the anime but from the manga his eyes and hair are quite different. It's not so surprising Kamui has changed a bit and been given the same eyes as Syaoran, rather than the big girl eyes he had before O.o. Especialy when the style of X and Tsubasa are so different. I think its real (as real as an AU story can get anyway) Kamui. I kinda prefer this Kamui (killed by fan girls), he's better looking with those eyes ^^.
Cant wait to see Subaru!

I wonder if Yuzuriha and/or K... (GAHHH! cant remember his name! the guy she likes >.>) will show up, they met them before in Outo remember? And Inuki, they probably wont be able to see him tho, except maybe Sakura.

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #44 on: March 06 2006, 05:45 am »
I can imagine one of the Angels saying a witty remark. Let's not forget Kigai Yuuto. He has always been carefree.
And, yes, I have STRONG belief that this is the Dragon of Heaven. The difference being the two different futures the world will have.
If Dragons of Heaven win the battle of the apocalypse
Show content
The world will suffer the constant showers of pollution and filth that mankind has created, and everything would die eventually.
If Dragons of Earth win the battle of the apocalypse
Show content
The civilization will shatter, but the earth will finally enjoy a beautiful new era where living beings coexist on a great piece of everything that is good and green.

Now to come to think of it... I don't think I like the Dragons of Heaven, anymore.
But, hey, this is Tsubasa. I'm very doubtful as to this being the "ORIGINAL" X- world. Chances are, these people are probably not actually called Dragons of Heaven or even the Seven Seals. Most likely the case is that Sakura's feather traveled into this world and did something funny to it like it does to every other world.

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 06 2006, 02:23 pm »
I made a picture ^^!

If that doesnt show properly go to http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=compare5sr.jpg
X!Kamui always glares out of the page at weird angles >.> you dont notise it till you try to find him looking straight out. H'es looking rather old in that pic, and has got bed hair lol.
Tsu!Kamui is love.
Tsu!Syaoran is also hard to find a straight on image of where he's not looking desperate/determined/angry/in love :P.
CCS!Syaoran - this pic is from the last chapter so he's in Middle school, around the same age or maybe a little younger than Tsu!Syao. he looks strange to me now after too much tsubasa :P.

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #46 on: March 06 2006, 04:16 pm »
I wonder who shot Syaoran, because in X or X/1999, most of the 14 chara. had powers. So why hurt poor Syaoran with an arrow, then just having Sorata, or some other Seal/Angel, shock him a little with his power? I hope people arn't lost....Hay, lets make a list who might show up, I hope Subaru and Kakyo will be in the mix, or it could be someone from another manga, Like Legal Drug's Rikudo.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 06 2006, 04:23 pm »
I made a picture ^^!

i love how kamui's hair is bed messy type!
by me.

Offline Ashlee

• Reading Fanfics
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Reading Fanfics
« Reply #48 on: March 07 2006, 12:23 am »
. I kinda prefer this Kamui (killed by fan girls), he's better looking with those eyes ^^.

I agree with you. I now have a new crush, :lol:
Live Journal[New Layout]- Website - GraphicsUpdated
center]

Forum Family
My really cool little sis: Kudan * Wishingstarx * Star_Wings * ~Emethyst~ * Fai *Babypigggy
My happy cool niece:Cherry-chan
My really cute big sis: Møon Li * SailorYue*Rekall
My poem cousin:Kuri-san
My nice cool owner:Pretty
Proud Member of The "Remember Hideki" Campaign

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #49 on: March 07 2006, 02:47 am »
I think maybe they 'changed' Kamui a bit so he appeals to the fangirls more. I must say, I kinda like the cutey type they have going on now, better than the old X style. But when I looked at that comparison pic, I also noticed that the eyes mysteriously changed from light to dark with both Kamui and Syaoran. Is that with other characters too?

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Jenx

• Flan > You
  • Good Fan
  • Dun wanna. D= You can't make me. D= Muffin! ^.^
« Reply #50 on: March 07 2006, 11:07 am »
I already said I admit defeat. It was a dumb idea and I shouldn't have said it. You may stop beating the dead horse now. XD
kthxbai
"A train stops at a train station. A bus stops at a bus station. On my desk, I have a workstation..."

Offline Pikari

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #51 on: March 07 2006, 03:30 pm »
Though perhaps it's a mix of the Angels and Seals- that would be cool.
I'm kind of hoping for that theory, just to see who would be in the mix and because it would be something different. I hope most of all that it's not random CLAMP characters or new characters, because that would just seem weird to have them all following Kamui. (Unless it was like the CLAMP Detectives... that actually sounds a little cool XD But not as cool as having the Seals.)

Those two are totally Sorata and Arashi, like everyone seems to be thinking, I agree. I questioned it to myself because of "Sorata"s lack of an accent, but then it was one little line and I know just about nothing about Osaka-ben (my Osaka-ben begins and ends with Kero-chan and even then I skipped over half his lines trying read XD) so it's entirely possible.

Too bad we have to wait another week for the next chapter...

So why hurt poor Syaoran with an arrow, then just having Sorata, or some other Seal/Angel, shock him a little with his power?
Hmm, I think like Hira said, they're probably not actually the Seals from X, but rather different-dimensional-whatever versions of them, so they wouldn't have their same powers from X, I'm guessing, so hence the arrows?

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 07 2006, 07:24 pm »
Crossbows are for crappy shooters too >.>(*is an archer so biased*). The world of X was flooded too remember, this one is drowned. AHH I hate waiting >.< it comes out Wed right? That in Japan or USA time? Japan I hope ^^, I'm in Australia so its pretty much jap time anyway.

Subaru is my new crush so I cant change to Kamui yet :D

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #53 on: March 08 2006, 03:33 pm »
The flooded world was only what Hinoto and Kakyou sees in their dreams IF AND ONLY IF Kamui cannot change the future. And... we don't know if CLAMP intended him to since there is no end... But...
Show content
In the dream, Arashi and Sorata were nowhere to be found... Maybe that's what Sorata meant when he said that he owed Yuuko a favor, that and the fact that Arashi "used" to be a witch, and Sorata is a teacher who teaches history because he doesn't want people to forget the past <- Very Ten no Ryu, not forsaking for the future, but I digress
Seeing that they all carry crossbow make me believe that this isn't the original X World. They have superpowers. All of them, furthermore,
Show content
Subaru shouldn't even be with the Ten no Ryu anymore, neither does Arashi.
If they REALLY want to give Syaoran a fright, Seichiirou can just throw a little gust at him. Maybe in here, this is just a world where people HAPPEN to be characters from X, but merely as survivors after Sakura's feather invades their world. Let's not forget what horrible things the feather has done to many other worlds

Offline itsafactiact

• All the World is a stage but the Play is badly cast
  • Big Fan
  • The World is a stage, and I a humble player
« Reply #54 on: March 08 2006, 04:39 pm »
Crossbows are for crappy shooters too >.>(*is an archer so biased*). The world of X was flooded too remember, this one is drowned. AHH I hate waiting >.< it comes out Wed right? That in Japan or USA time? Japan I hope ^^, I'm in Australia so its pretty much jap time anyway.

Subaru is my new crush so I cant change to Kamui yet :D

I so agree with you!! I love archers to no extent and I practice whenever I can, even though I suck...but crossbowers are just wannabe archers. Its so cheating having a bunch of people with crossbows to someone who is unarmed. I cannot wait for the next chapter.

All the World is a Stage, But the Play is badly Cast    ~<3~     Listen To Your Heartbeat and Dance

Offline Senefen

• Super Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 08 2006, 05:09 pm »
Crossbow's are like guns, point and click >.> what the point in archery if you bow is just a clunky gun ditto with compoound bows (is recurve so VERY biased lol).
Need the next chapter! Come on its Wed in japan!

Offline KatanaJon

• Good Fan
  • Super.
« Reply #56 on: March 08 2006, 06:20 pm »
Sorry, but there is no chapter this week.

Offline suu_no_clover

• Syaoran shipper. Beware the OTP. >:E
  • "A True Fan"
  • Listener; Lurker; 'Lol'-er.
« Reply #57 on: March 09 2006, 02:29 am »
O_O WHAT? Noooo... This is an unfortunate turn of events, indeed. *sigh*
But, I will wait. *huddles in corner*
~*~sparkly signature goes here~*~

Livejournal // Last.FM // MyAnimeList

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #58 on: March 09 2006, 07:03 am »
What!!! No new chapter this week? Maybe Clamp is going for a double chapter or something.
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME

Offline -.CheRrYPriNcesS.-

« Reply #59 on: March 09 2006, 12:21 pm »
i'm so sad... i really want to know what's going on... i don't know anything about X, but it seems like it'll be a really interesting world... i wish i could see a new chap... anyway
๑★๑ Would you? ๑★๑

--- Hold me tight... strong enough to break me ---