AuthorTopic: Beyblade  (Read 7152 times)

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
Beyblade
« on: April 14 2005, 04:13 am »
I love this series! For a sports anime, it's got good character development - and I love Kai so much (yup, I've fallen for the cold one yet again!)

What do you guys think? Who's your fav character?

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
Re: Beyblade
« Reply #1 on: April 14 2005, 10:01 am »
i think i sorta liked the first few episodes, but i think i lost interest pretty fast. Kai was pretty cool but too many of the main characters just really irritated me
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Little Wolf

• Head Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • "A True Fan"
  • "coz my heart keeps falling faster..." :P
« Reply #2 on: April 14 2005, 10:49 am »
It's an okay anime.. I find the English-speaking character there (forgot the name) really funny... I just find Crush Gear a much better anime on this genre.

Offline Tune

• i want a simple and easygoing life~
  • cRAzY fan
« Reply #3 on: April 15 2005, 01:08 am »
i dont quite like beyblade though, at first, the story seems alright, then when stuff gets serious later on like the "take over the world" stuff, things start to get li' lame, beyblade v force is better in graphics but the story's lamer than the 1st version. after all, the anime is suppose to help boost the sales of beyblade tops that time, and it did coz itz really easy to profit fr young kids....all in all, i still dont like it~ :P

Offline Shinigami Zero

• The sword that cleaves evil
  • Mega Fan
  • The sword that cleaves evil
« Reply #4 on: April 15 2005, 01:12 am »
The only experience I've had with this series is from watching cartoons on TV, so I'm fairly indecisive.

I do have problems believing how much damage those tops can do, though. O_o
一刀!両断!!
"Single stroke! Bisection!"
我が斬艦刀に…断てぬものなし!
"There are none before my Zankantou... who have not been cleaved!"

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #5 on: April 15 2005, 01:21 am »
yea....there was quite a portion when some1 sad that they'll use em for weapons in warfare....its juz outa-hand imo...the truth: i only like dizzy coz she's a bitbeast who can tok in a com~bah, thats all that impress me really~ :D

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #6 on: April 15 2005, 01:32 am »
I guess some of the characters can be a bit weird....but the original japanese ones were much better. As for the beyblades, I think you're menat to imagine that it's the 'sacred spirits' inside of them that does all the damage.  :okay:

FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Tune

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #7 on: April 15 2005, 01:37 am »
ah well...i guess so~ :P since the bitbeasts have the best animations~ :D but there is too less indepth to the characters, xcept for kai coz his past was revealed later on, other than that, not much else for the others is....

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #8 on: April 15 2005, 01:45 am »
Yeah, that was a bit annoying. Still, the characters are pretty original.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #9 on: April 15 2005, 02:22 am »
god i hate that main characters and teh kid with yellow hair, they are the two most annoying characters on the planet

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #10 on: April 15 2005, 02:36 am »
The main character? With the blue hair in a ponytail? That's Tyson.
And the hyper yellow haired one is Max.

Max can get pretty annoying, but Tyson's alright if he keeps his mouth shut. Daichi makes me wnat to rip his head off...

Rei (the chinese one with a ponytail down to his knees) and Kai are good, becuase they're quiet, and don't bounce around on sugar overloads.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #11 on: April 15 2005, 02:54 am »
oh yeah i've always liked Kai, (he's the cool dude)

but tyson makes me want to rip his head off everytime he opens his big mouth

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #12 on: April 15 2005, 02:55 am »
He can get annoying...but without him, Kai wouldn't have a rival, and probably opened up so much *heh* I think Tyson's the closest thing he has to a best friend

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #13 on: April 15 2005, 03:07 am »
poor Kai, i feel sorry for him now...

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #14 on: April 15 2005, 03:16 am »
Just wait until you see how many fans have done yaoi pairing of Kai and Tyson - TTyKa is one of the most popular Beyblade pairings!

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #15 on: April 15 2005, 03:30 am »
that just .. sick..yuck

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #16 on: April 15 2005, 03:35 am »
They've also paired Kai with Hialry. And Rei.

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #17 on: April 15 2005, 03:36 am »
:tongue6: yucky

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #18 on: April 15 2005, 03:38 am »
I don't know....Kai and Rei isn't that bad.... :sleepy5:

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #19 on: April 15 2005, 03:46 am »
i dunno who rei is

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #20 on: April 15 2005, 03:49 am »
Ummm....in the first season, he was in episode 6 as the visiting chamion that faced Tyson. He joined the Bladebreakers afterwards.

He has black hair, and a long ponytail out of sight, that's tied up with white ribbon almost the whole way down. He wears this long white chinese top, has baggy navy trousers and usually wears a red bandanna with a ying yang symbol on it.

That help?
« Last Edit: April 15 2005, 06:06 am by Ruby Chan »

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
« Reply #21 on: April 15 2005, 04:07 am »
oh yea, i think i know who he is now *nods*

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #22 on: April 15 2005, 07:31 am »
Anyone who watches Beyblade, have you got any favourite characters or episodes?

Offline Fight_Card

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #23 on: April 17 2005, 02:59 pm »
Kai and Rei are my favourite characters. But I really dislike Hilary, Tyson is alright in the 2nd and 3rd season but in the first season he stunk, same goes for Max.

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #24 on: April 17 2005, 06:14 pm »
Totally share your opinion, Fight.Card! Kai and Rei are the best! And Tyson and Max were weird in the first two seasons!

I'd say my fav episodes were either in the first series, when Kai betrays the Bladebreakers, or in G-Rev, when Kai fights Brokklyn, loses, then wins, before ending up unconscious.exhausted....or when Kai fights Tyson in the World Championships - you know, when Kai flashes back?

"When I realised I couldn't be you, the only thing left was for me to beat you!" Or something like that. Anyway, the flashback clips were sweet...you could see how much Kai really cared about tyson

Offline jovi206

• Good Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 24 2005, 05:04 am »
Hey i really like this series it is a good one . Kai is the coolest i fell for him right away he is just so cool. I like the rest of them though and i like tyson and rei and the grandpa is pretty cool too. I agree with ruby chan daichi makes me want to rip his head off and send it flying into outerspace. yeah i often feel so sorry for kai... he can be quiet but funny at times and he does not really have anybody well besides tyson for a really close friend.

I was so sad when they all broke up from a team but i guess it was necessary anyway right now they are like one big team i think.
If you think about it the past becomes the present and the present the future.

I will learn to love you again...

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #26 on: June 27 2005, 05:16 pm »
Uhuh! Sigh...we're only just up to the point in G-Rev where they've got their new beyblades...sigh.

But I've read ahead, and I can safely say....the Bladebreakers will be back together, and stronger than ever!

Offline jovi206

• Good Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 02 2005, 07:43 am »
All right yeah they will be back together ! Must start catching up on this series must see the weird new things they come up with

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #28 on: July 06 2005, 04:45 am »
Oh wow! Kai and Brooklyn's first battle was awesome! I can't wait for the next one...oooh...

Bad Ruby Chan! Stop reading those epi guides and wait!

So where are you guys (if you watch the series) up to?

Offline jovi206

• Good Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 26 2005, 01:09 pm »
[ sniff sniff] they stopped airing it on TV  WAHHHHHHHHH! I guess i will have to read epi guides ..... hehehe

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #30 on: July 26 2005, 09:26 pm »
What did you get up to?

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #31 on: August 05 2005, 03:23 am »
I watch this whenever I can catch it on YTV.  :sweatdrop: From watching a few episodes I've kinda grown to liking it. Now if only I knew what time it was on...o_O The charecters I most like are Ray(sp?) and Kai.

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline Ruby Chan

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #32 on: August 05 2005, 04:07 am »
Ray is the american spelling. His original Japanese name was Rei.......actually, most of the gang had their names changed.

Kyouju - Kenny
Rei - Ray
Max Mizuhara - Max Tate
Takao - Tyson
Yuri - Tala
Kiki - Kevin
Mao - Mariah
Rai - Lee
Borcloff - Bryan
Gao - Gary

Kai Hiwatari was basically one of the only main characters who kept his original name.

Offline jovi206

• Good Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 17 2005, 02:08 pm »
Wow i have not been aroungd in a while.

Hmmm ruby- chan i think i reached episode 116.

sorry it took so long :sweatdrop:

Offline Alexiel

• Formerly Angelic-Essence
  • "A True Fan"
« Reply #34 on: August 18 2005, 09:01 am »
Lol, I've watched it before. I think I only finished season 1 and 2 :sweatdrop: obvious favs are Dragoon and Dranzer. I think I bought one of the beyblades too... belonged to the kid with black hair and a red bangs? lol

Offline c3d

• KB24 for MVP =]p
  • Super Fan
  • Ceddie
« Reply #35 on: August 25 2005, 12:43 pm »
Kai is the best ^^ *thumbs up*