Poll

What is your opinion on this relationship? Like it? Hate it? Share your POV's.

I love it! It's beautiful and absolutely pure, in spite of the age gap
7 (25%)
I like it, though at times it makes me feel uneasy
6 (21.4%)
I neither like nor dislike it. Am pretty used to this sort of thing from CLAMP
11 (39.3%)
I don't think CLAMP should've done it but...oh well
4 (14.3%)
Absolutely horrible and illegal relationship. What were they thinking?!!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

AuthorTopic: Rika/Terada: Your opinion on the large age gap  (Read 17710 times)

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
Re: Rika/Terada: Your opinion on the large age gap
« Reply #20 on: May 17 2006, 10:42 am »
so what moezy says supports that she could carry the relationship quite well.
I personally love the relationship.
I don't see anything wrong with it, except for two things.
1. as long as they don't get physical untill she is old enough.. or even better, married. but then if she waits too long he will be an old man and that's icky.
2. Also on the old man, he will die long before her, and that will leave her to grieve. If she is strong enough to handle this then it's ok, but it is still a big blow to her heart.
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline minty

• New Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 14 2006, 01:10 pm »
I have mixed feelings about this relationship. Personally I don't haev problems with teacher-student relationships. What's wrong with a student liking a teacher? It doesn't disturb me. Teachers are also humans and sometimes you can't control who you like. However, I find the age gap between Rika and Terada a little too big. After all, she's just an elementary student, if she's a high school studnet, I woulld full support it! But still, I don't mind their relationship.

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
« Reply #22 on: June 14 2006, 09:17 pm »
I, too, have mixed feelings about them. Sure, they are terribly cute together (but then, what in CCS isn't cute?) and Rika's feelings I can totally accept, but Terada's? What can possibly a ten year old, no matter how mellow, have to offer - no, I don't mean it in that way - someone at least thrice her age? But I suppose, as long as he didn't try something until she was old enough, it's okay...
« Last Edit: June 15 2006, 06:23 am by Ando »
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline minty

• New Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 15 2006, 06:04 am »
Yeah, I can understand how girls are attracted to guys older than they are because they are more mature and can protect the girl and and the guy can feel a sense of pride, that's why most couples consist of a guy older than a girl. But, it's hard for me to understand why a guy much older than a girl would like her romantically because what can he qualities is he looking for in the girl? If the girl young, wouldn't she have difficulties understanding some of the things that he might appreciate?

I too, have mixed feelings about them. Sure, they are terribly cute together (but then, what in CCS isn't cute?) and Rika's feelings I can totally accept, but Terada's? What can possibly a ten year old, no matter how mellow, have to offer - no, I don't mean it in that way - someone at least thrice her age? But I suppose, as long as he didn't try something until she was old enough, it's okay...

Offline Chibi

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #24 on: June 16 2006, 09:54 am »
I would be fine with the relationship if it started when she was older. Wasn't Rika 10 or so at the beginning of the series? Either way, she's a kid! That's disturbing for a teacher to be liking a 10 year old. But *sigh* I guess in true love, age doesn't matter.

I'm basically fine with it since it's just a manga and not real life.

Offline Smile_For_Me

• Smile For Someone you love
  • cRAzY fan
  • Before it all goes wrong again............
« Reply #25 on: June 16 2006, 12:46 pm »
Yes, if it was real life, I could see people going nuts, manga is what ever a person can make, while trying to push peoples buttons at the same time, in which CLAMP always does, just to drive fans crazy.

Off Topic
 Has anyone here ever have a crush on some one older? Yes, I'll say that I had have a crush on a teacher before, but he never returned the feelings, mind you I was a freshman, and he was 24. Tell me that you, or anyone hasn't fell in love with an older man or woman, be it teacher or someone else, here's and example. Johnny Depth, in my dreams,  and Carmen Elctra? don't ask me, I'm not a guy
CLAMP HAS KILLED ME