AuthorTopic: Elfen Lied  (Read 9502 times)

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
Elfen Lied
« on: December 07 2005, 10:05 pm »
I'm not sure if there's a topic already on this... but how many of you have watched this series?

I've done watching this series a few days ago, and I've been quite hooked for a show I didn't quite like. Lol!!! Yeah, I'm a little crazy. But there were some things about Elfen Lied that I liked and didn't like.

And for those of you who are wondering whether to get the show, I say be my guest. I enjoyed it to a certain level so I guess it's worth it. Plus, the music is pretty good. ^^ I'll talk more about this series soon. ^^ Just wanna know if anyone else has watched it.

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline Sabrina

• Big Fan
Re: Elfen Lied
« Reply #1 on: December 09 2005, 06:47 am »
I have seen :D

Well, what I can say...It wasn't so bad, I always like that first episode when Lucy/Miyu escape there (violence too much, maybe that's why I like that).
Story was good...7/10 if Iwould give the points.
Opening song was pretty :D
Life is out of here....

Offline Meza

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #2 on: December 13 2005, 07:50 pm »
Ah, Elfen Lied \o/

Lilium, the opening song, is absolutely my favourite anime intro.

Whole series is  in high place in my top lists. ^^

But there's some things I didn't like in the series.
1) Nyuu - I go nuts with her...
2) Drawing style. There's something what bothers me in their faces - they look so.. flat, aw.
3) Special episode. Oh my, that did suck, but at least it had some good extra information ^^

Mmm.. that was my second blood-filled anime. The first one was Akira (in fact, it was my first anime movie, and geez, teacher showed it for our class when we were fith graders O_O; My friend got traumatized).

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 16 2005, 02:47 am »
Yeah, I managed to download 4 types of Lilium, believe it or not. And they're all good. ^^ Lilium is such a beatiful and haunting song...

And yeah, I don't like Nyuu as well. I like Lucy, but Nyuu irks me at times. And nyaa, I don't think I've watched the extra episode. >.> The drawing's ok, a little kiddish at times but ok.

Another thing that I hated was Kouta. >.> He seems to always get the girl. And whatever happened to Yuka? If Kouta liked Lucy, what about her?

Other than that, the series was enjoyable. ^^ Lucy's flashbacks were my favourite part.

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

Offline Meza

• New Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 16 2005, 03:47 am »
Yeah, I managed to download 4 types of Lilium, believe it or not. And they're all good. ^^ Lilium is such a beatiful and haunting song...
My cousin is a Lilium-maniac. She has all those four versions on CD + outro - and she can sing them also o_o;

Btw, my favourite version is version with both female and male vocals. My mp3 says it's called something like 'Konishi Kayo & Kondoo Yukio Feat. Kumiko Noma - Lilium (Ron's mix version)' but I'm happy just calling it something like 'duet version' when talkin about it xD

And Kouta, oh, I almost forgot. He didn't amuse me as character neither. Maybe I just got more interested in diclonius characters. Mmm.. that reminds me, I seem to be the only one who did NOT laugh at Nana while watchin' the series. No matter how humourous it tried to be, I just could not laugh >_<; Poor poor Nana. *gives her a hug*

So, in the series I didn't laugh for her actions, but there's this comic stip series in internet. Cruel, but pretty entertainin'
http://manga.clone-army.org/nana.php?page=1&lang=

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 17 2005, 05:31 am »
Waa... poor Nana. I agree, I never really laughed at Nana. But she was probably the most interesting diclonius of them all. Besides Lucy, but I felt her alter personality kinda ruined it for me.

And I prefer the full version of Lilium. In which it's only the female singer singing, but there's an extended version which I really enjoyed. ^^ And I remember a few lines of the song... but I fear I may be pronouncing them wrongly since I've never spoke in Latin before. >.>

Offline Sarah Jane

• <3 .Skönheten och odjuret. </3
  • New Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 08 2006, 02:14 pm »
It was weird and really sick at first.
Slow, I guess... in the beginning.
But then I got used to all the graphics, and enjoyed it. ^^
I wish that the ending was explained!
Gah! Cliffhangers! >.<

I think Lilium is ok. I'm not a huge fan of the song.
But I listen to it sometimes. :P

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
  • SHUT UP VOICES or i'll poke you with a Q-tip again
« Reply #7 on: February 09 2006, 09:26 am »
i just saw the first two episode  and i can tell that this anime is really awesome, and even there is some nudity, its nothing pervi.
And lilium is in the list of my fav songs.

((siggy made my me.. be nice.. its the first shit i make that actually turns ok- ))

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 11 2006, 12:46 am »
I find that the nudity and the murder is what makes it more dramatic. If not, I'd think it might just be your average anime. I don't know... I also didn't like the ending. I wonder if there'll be a second season...

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #9 on: February 11 2006, 05:06 pm »
well i havent watch the end yet.. but i was like wtf when she fight with nana... poor of her... she was only a baby and she did all that for his "papa" .. i was crying when
Show content
that man put her to "sleep".. she knew what he was doing!! and she keep being so sweet.. how could she do that >< *hugs*

((siggy made my me.. be nice.. its the first shit i make that actually turns ok- ))

Offline Meza

• New Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 13 2006, 07:20 pm »
I wonder if there'll be a second season...
I hope not.  Sequels often ruins the whole series, I think. And I really liked ending as it was. That special episode kinda ruined the mood - I happened to watch it right after the last episode. I should have watched it before the climax episodes of the series.

well i havent watch the end yet.. but i was like wtf when she fight with nana... poor of her... she was only a baby and she did all that for his "papa" .. i was crying when
Show content
that man put her to "sleep".. she knew what he was doing!! and she keep being so sweet.. how could she do that >< *hugs*
And you will cry much much more until ya reach the end. At least I did.

I watched something like half of the episodes (favourite ones) once again duting last month. I still don't seem to like human characters but Kurama. And just back then I noticed I love Mariko - one more poor girl.

There's few scenes in the series, I still see highly dramatic/shocking:
Show content
*First of all, the semetery scene where Lucy is ripping Nana in to pieces. That truly woke me up.
*Then, the scene when kid Lucy is spreading her "justice" when those boys are beating the living hell out of the poor puppy.
* The summer festifal massacre
* Final episode. Omg I screamed when I foresaw researcher man was gonna blow up the explosives inside Mariko - just when Kurama realised what Mariko wanted the most. And I screamed more when they actually did blow up. And  it caused mixed feelings to see how Nana was left alone.
* Self-satisfied/-pleased look of Lucy's when she hugs with Kouta in the last episode. I was speechless.
* The ending seconds. The old clock started finally working. Omg I waited that moment from the beginning when I saw the clock for the few first times. There was a presentiment that clock would get spotlight laterly - and it did. I'm so glad.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #11 on: February 13 2006, 08:36 pm »
certainly one of the best i saw :noteworthy:

some scenes are really shocking, i still have mental damage from the scene with that girl that ran away from home *runs away in terror thinking about it* :sweatdrop:

i liked the eps where you get to see the history of kid Lucy the most, don't know why :confused:

and the scene in ep 13 was so sad with Kurama and Mariko

one hell of an anime but only for the strong of mind!
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline CV3

• Mega Fan
  • when roses bloom
« Reply #12 on: March 01 2006, 07:51 am »
i never seen it is it good

~Family Forum~
hikari_blaze--cousin ^_~

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #13 on: March 01 2006, 09:44 am »
^actually kuro-puppy its not that hard... i have seen strongers,
And CV3 if you love romance, blood, action, sadness, betray, and murder you will love this
it contains nudity and human pats flying everywhere  you have to be a open minded girl

quoting animenfo
The diclonius (two-horned human) was a mutant created by humans. It had a special ability that could be described as a sixth sense.

The mutants had enough power to exterminate the whole human race. Humans being afraid of their powers, they were isolated into research labs to be studied.

One of the diclonius girls named Lucy broke out of confinement, killed the guards and escaped from the laboratory. She feel into the ocean after being shot and ended up on a beach. There she met Kota and Yuka, they named her Nyu and began to live with her.

* Episode 14 will be released as a DVD only version on April 21st.
[/url]

Nyuu and Lucy are the same person.. Lucy is the evil diclonius and Nyuu is like a cute little kid that doesnt know anything from the world. Lucy usually apears when nyuu hits her head cuz  the diclonious habilities, personality and  consciousness are in the front lobe.

all the characters has suffered shoking things.. well all except yuka ¬¬ she is the only one who lived a happy childhood.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #14 on: March 01 2006, 02:14 pm »
^actually kuro-puppy its not that hard... i have seen strongers

okay it was the first time i watched an anime like this, but there are even stronger ones than this...sheesh!! :sweatdrop:
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

Offline CV3

• Mega Fan
  • when roses bloom
« Reply #15 on: March 02 2006, 11:17 am »
oohhhh...
when i was browzing i saw a pic that a girl is cut off *i never seen it**and dying* very sad

~Family Forum~
hikari_blaze--cousin ^_~

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #16 on: March 03 2006, 04:26 am »
Oh, a lot of people get killed by some form of decapitation. The first episode is still the freakiest episode of them all for me... especially that how that clumsy girl got killed. @__@

Yeah, my favourite episodes are those with young Lucy in it. I think those episodes gave the story what it needs... it also gave Lucy a more human face. I don't like Nyuu... she's too innocent for my liking. But Lucy... she really makes the story.

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #17 on: March 03 2006, 05:50 am »
i was like "wooo...cool" when that girl was killed. she looked for it.. so stupid..
i just want to ask something about the last episode.. is just that im too stupid for gettting this things
Show content
it was lucy who was in the other side of the door... just when the lillium song stopped??..

Offline Becster

• ...Did someone say KuroFai?
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Made by meliwan <333
« Reply #18 on: March 08 2006, 02:44 am »
I've never quite got round to watching the rest of my Elfen Lied, but I do enjoy it.

...It's quite a heavy series though, so I find it hard to get in to.

I honestly though Nyu was kinda cute, in her own little way, sometimes annoying...but Lucy...Lucy was just hot. She's so cool XD

But, uh...what was with the green hat? I never really understood that XD

And
Show content
I thought that Lucy was going to kill the puppy...the little homeless girl's puppy...I was so glad she didn't. (I forget the homeless girl's name...)

...Nana was so cute too <3

Sig made by meliwan <3

Made by Capella
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

We KuroFai fangirls are so polite. We politely agree that everyone is allowed to like other pairings, we politely accept everyone else's opinions, and then we, very politely, of course, crush their arguments for other pairings with our infallible KuroFai logic. <3

Forum Family
Forum Wives: meliwan and Emiko <33 (Yay. Bigamy! XD)
Daughter: Kana-chan <3
Cousin: Capella

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 08 2006, 02:37 pm »
Pretty--->
Show content
That's what we can't be sure of... A lot of people believe it's Lucy, seeing as the clock suddenly worked and the puppy was barking as if there's someone familiar at the door. But no one can be sure. Unless there's a second season... still, I can't be so sure about who's at the other side of the door.

Becster--->
Show content
Dicloniuses will/can only kill humans. They can't do the same for any other living creature. That's why it's believed that the Dicloniuses existance was to be rid of human beings.

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #20 on: March 12 2006, 11:14 am »
omg.. i just hope it was really her ><!
and yeah nana rocks o/
notice that she was the only diclonius that wasnt killing the first person in front of her O_o
And that even the diclonius were the ones that wanted to  detroy the humanity.. so it will be only them... they killed each other O_O .. for what.. i mean so they just killed for fun and there were no point at all of another specie .. they all want is to kill

And that why shota (sp?) keep liking Lucy after all she did..
Show content
come on.. dont you see she was the on that killed your family.. he just forgive her.iin a really simple way

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #21 on: March 18 2006, 03:47 pm »
Dicloniuses may kill for fun but they only seem to kill only humans. Watch carefully and you'll notice that... ^^

Show content
Man, I didn't like Kouta for that reason. He was too forgiving, and it just looks like he can't make up his mind between Lucy and Yuka. >__>

Offline LSD

• - DECEASED -
  • "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #22 on: March 18 2006, 04:41 pm »
nah.. remember that err.. i cant remember the name of that little girl that had lots of arms.. wanted to kill nana and Lucy just for fun..

and yeah it seems like that *sigh* what a loser

Offline cute_me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #23 on: April 08 2006, 03:29 am »
there is something that i didn't understand:
Show content
Kouta loved Lucy right? then what happened to the other girl (don't remember the name)

becuase if u are alone
u can't hurt anyone
and u don't have to get hurt

Offline Kuro-puppy

• Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #24 on: April 08 2006, 02:54 pm »
there is something that i didn't understand:
Show content
Kouta loved Lucy right? then what happened to the other girl (don't remember the name)
oh you mean Yuuka, well that question is never answered in the anime
Join Zeldi's Forum

Forum Family:

Offline cute_me

• cRAzY fan
« Reply #25 on: April 09 2006, 05:38 am »
oh you mean Yuuka, well that question is never answered in the anime
so what about the manga has anyone read it? it's just that...
Show content
Kouta told Yuuka that he loved her (or that he liked her) and kissed her but at the end it is obvious that Kouta choose Lucy over Yuuka but then what is Yuuka gonna do if she finds out

becuase if u are alone
u can't hurt anyone
and u don't have to get hurt

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 10 2006, 03:21 am »
I haven't read the manga yet... so I'm not sure if they'll explain that in there...

Show content
But that's exaclty the reason why I don't like Kouta so much. He doesn't seem to have made up his mind on who he really likes. I know it's Lucy for sure, but why the confession to Yuka? Maybe because he never really thought Lucy was alive. But then poor Yuka... >__< I may not like Yuka so much either, but they should've shown Kouta dealing with Yuka more.