AuthorTopic: How did you discover TRC?  (Read 53000 times)

Offline Arcademan

• Hero of CLOW Empire & the Arcademan Universe!
  • Warlord of Clow
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
  • Warlord of CLOW!!!
Re: How did you discover TRC?
« Reply #20 on: April 12 2005, 10:25 pm »
I heard about TRC through ny contacts with certain CCS forums and boards when it came out in Japan and knew it was only a matter of time before it made its way to the States. Now that it's out, I've enjoyed it...issue #2 to me the best of the series so far. The thing that hurts is the year's lag time between translations of the Japanese-to-English.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo: Come for the games, stay for teh drama!

Offline Ralea

• Passing Through Life Unnoticed
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • When will we see each other again?
« Reply #21 on: April 13 2005, 07:28 pm »
I discovered it while surfing the net. I was probably the first one to discover it among my friends.

~Forum family~                                             
Onii-chan : Kuropuppy
Onee-chan : Sayora Chan, lika-ichi
Ate : princess kakurine
Imoto-chan : Zeldi, Monse-chan
Twin sisters : fisah, xOLight AngelxO
Cousins : sofiacardcaptors, bluetopaz
Niece : Asuka

99% of the female population all think that Syaoran is the hottest bishie ever in both TRC & CCS. 1% is me! XD If you're one of the 1% who isn't so possesive over Syaoran, and wants him to be with Sakura only, copy and paste this into your sig.

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 13 2005, 08:32 pm »
well actually ...there was an online petition to translate TRC into english...cos they weren't going to...
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #23 on: April 14 2005, 03:31 am »
I was just surfing the net for Cardcaptor Sakura  S+S, when I read about how they were back and better than ever! I clicked on a link, read the storyline, and I've been hooked ever since! Haven't been able to buy more than four volumes though.  :inlove:

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Hikaru

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #24 on: April 14 2005, 10:18 am »
Actually TRC was my sister's discovery.  She was at the airport in Atlanta on her way back to Panama, and she went to a store, checking out books, and then she sees a whole section of manga (immediately she was "summoned" to it).  While perusing the titles she saw the cover of a manga featuring Sakura and Syaoran, and she bought it as a gift for me.  Ever since we've been buying the graphic novels.  We haven't even read scans or anything not to spoil, so I'm walking in this forum with one eye open and one eye closed LOL.  Like two days after I read vol. 1 a friend of mine who also is into manga told me that she was checking some titles on amazon and that she saw TRC, so I told her that I already had book 1.  Now she is buying xxxHolic and I buy TRC, and we exchange the stories (my sister is buying Imadoki, by Yuu Watase among others, so we 3 try to keep very updated in the stories..) and that way is not that expensive for everybody.
~Hikaru~

Offline de cross

• New Fan
  • .: History Maker :.
« Reply #25 on: April 14 2005, 11:00 pm »
well...i first discover TRC in quite similar way like Lexi - San
when i check out my magazine i found a small article w/ a tsubasa pic (OMG !!! the pic is so small! )
in the next minutes i started to browse all site w/ tsubasa pic or some info about it
and when i discover TRC will be in anime i'm so happy !!! ^^

Thanks to bLuetopaz for the nice avatar & signature

Offline ani

• A Syaoran Fangirl .. ^___~
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 14 2005, 11:14 pm »
tehe.. i was reading up on Cardcaptor Sakura and just stumbed across that they'd be making a manga thingy out of it.. i read up on it a little more.. and found out about it that way! :D

Offline SandSLover

• Big Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #27 on: April 14 2005, 11:45 pm »
hoe i discovered trc?
well, it was from ccs website- and i thought she was kidding when she said, there was going to be a manga on s and s (as she said there was going to be a season 4 of ccs- so i didnt believe her) till going thru a few sites i saw that they too had posted the name TRC up so i started to believe0 but info was limited so i didnt know what it was going to be abt. then i kinda forgot abt it!! :sweatdrop:

but when i went to hk last summer- i was rumaging everywhere for VCD/DVD of card captor sakura - i was 4 yrs too late so i thought all hope was lost!! :(- but i eventualy found them- all happy i was pratically skipping out the shop when i saw a manga shop and saw a picture of someone that looked like sakura- but older!! and then i realised that the name xiao long, was on the cover- i was like this is weird!- then i forgot abt it again-  :sweatdrop: my parents were telling me to go- i dragged them everywhere- on all the highstreets looking for the VCD- so i had to go!
but i came across another manga shop and saw the book again- i was like- im getting it- see whats t abt- its was TRC book 2- and it costed me liek 80 dollars- like 8 pounds!! wow- nearly 10 quid a book (i want to get the manga- but its going to cost me like a lot!!!  :( but i was surprised- im clueless to find that an anime was coming out- found out on this site!! and i was like-what??? OMG!! so m thinking nxt time i go bk- hopefully the chinese subbed will be out- vcd/dvd- and get them instead of the manga- have to sacrifice one of them- or if i get rich all of a sudden- get both!  :okay:
"There are no such things as coincedences, only inevitability"

Offline Cherry tiger

• Supporter of C!S+S
  • Obsessed Fan
  • I cannot fathom it, honestly...
« Reply #28 on: April 15 2005, 02:13 am »
Ermm... I can't be sure on how I got to know TRC. I heard rumours about there being a second part for CCS and that was exactly what I was looking out for. When I found a summary on TRC, I was slightly disappointed that CCS wasn't continued and instead, a new story was brought out.

And then I searched for scanlations and found it to be absolutely amazing! There were more action and our darling Syaoran was the main character at last!

I buy the Japanese version of TRC... yeah I can read it. But not so well, mind... @.@

cute little sis:Goku[cardcaptors_ria]
cousin: yume-chan

Need singers to sing my english version of any songs! Check out this blog to see the list of songs you can sing from and please contact me if you're interested! Thanks!

My fanfictions@My Music Videos (on Youtube)@My Myspace@My LJ

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #29 on: April 15 2005, 04:20 am »
I discovered TRC while walking into the manga section at a bookstore XD I was already a big fan of CCS, so I wanted to read some of it and found this instead. Glad I did :D

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline Lexi

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 15 2005, 04:32 am »
I discovered TRC while walking into the manga section at a bookstore XD I was already a big fan of CCS, so I wanted to read some of it and found this instead. Glad I did :D

:okay:  It's a good thing that you did indeed!

BTW, I love your avatar, Fai! *Kero-chan is sooo kawaii!*

Offline Photon Bright

« Reply #31 on: April 15 2005, 04:43 am »
Internet.

One word sums it all up. ;P

Offline Spirit0

• Anime: The Anti-Drug
« Reply #32 on: April 18 2005, 03:25 am »
Well, lessee... Truthfully, I was never a CCS fan (SPARE ME, PLEASE!!!). But I happened to be poking around Barnes and Noble one day when I bumped into some friends (also nerdy manga/anime fans, hehe) So we were talking and she told me about the new Syaoran and Sakura manga. Of course, neither of us was very interested (she didn't like CCS that much either), but we thought one of our OTHER friends might be! (Haha) So she actually bought it... Then I went home that night and sorta looked it up (as I do often when I'm bored). It looked cool, and since the friend in the bookstore was only going to LEND it to our other friend, I decided to be nice and BUY it for our other friend. But see, then I read it before giving it to her... And I was like  :inlove: 'Screw that, this is MINE! BWAHAHAH!'

And such is my obsession!
Well, love's a liar and... A side effect not labeled on the prescription we call life.

Offline Fai

• Utter Silence
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Hide that rum!!
« Reply #33 on: April 22 2005, 01:46 pm »
:okay: It's a good thing that you did indeed!

BTW, I love your avatar, Fai! *Kero-chan is sooo kawaii!*

Lol thanks Lexi!! XD

Set by Hachi
Ashlee and I love our Rum!
~~~~~~~
Fourm Family.:.
Onee-chan.:.Ruby-chan.:.Zeldi.:. AkaiYuki.:.Hori.:. moezy-chan.:.babypiggy.:.Miharu Endoh.:.bLuetopaz.:.Shiunu.:.Ashlee
Oniichan.:.VexNet
Imoto-chan.:.Moonflower121 <---My *special* imoto-chan!
Aunt.:.{Pikari.:.Sakaki}
Cousin.:.Genki_Girl
~~~~~~
If you had a choice; why not choose happiness?
It's called...CANON~
~~~~~~
遠く遠く この空のどこかに 君はいるんだろう
I know that you are somewhere under this sky, far, far away
-"Planetarium" -Ai Otsuka
-------

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 22 2005, 09:29 pm »
muahahahah Spirit0!!! the power of S+S *eyes flame up*
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline Kay Hearts

• *Nyan~!*
  • Big Fan
  • I´m a cute penguin ^-^
« Reply #35 on: April 22 2005, 09:45 pm »
I´ll repeat part of my introduction thread a bit :P

I never got to follow the manga because I´m kinda...ok , I´m very impatient ^^u and I could not stand just getting a chapter in one month. Still I followed CCS anime faithfully and even cosplayed as Sakura back then. Last year..or was it the year before that? ...can´t remember but I read the first chapter of the manga not long after it was published but something happened and did not continued to follow.

Then like two weeks ago I saw the first chapter of the anime and got curious to look at the rest of the manga´s story meanwhile chapter 2 came out. Searched through the net and found up to chapter 53. At first I was just planing on reading some ten or fifteen chapters but got hooked and read the whole thing the same day.

That´s my story ^_^

Offline bLuetopaz

• .::the illuminating heart::.
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page
« Reply #36 on: April 25 2005, 04:41 am »
my bro knows that i am a CCS fan... and one day, he passed me the anime to watch.. and he told me i will definitely love it.. (he didnt tell me what in it)
saw the first episode.. *jaws dropped*!! LOVE it immediately! he also said i am lucky because he just downloaded it for fun.. apparently, the title caught his attention...

so just imagine if he did not see it.. i'll will be kept in the dark... living in the world with just CCS... *lol*

Forum Family:
Little bro: Tooya_Mizuki
Little sis: fisah :: lika-chi :: Starfire :: sofiacardcaptors :: Angelic-Essence :: Ruby Chan :: -=kuro_woof=- :: cardcaptors_ria :: Fai :: babypigggy :: .HACk//kite//shUgO
Cousin: Ralea :: CherryandWolfLover :: Zeldi :: yume-chan
---

Offline DarkWolfYoukai

« Reply #37 on: April 25 2005, 06:34 am »
my version is boring.  i just went into borders to look while my mom waited outside.  i saw xxxholic and read the back because it was by CLAMP.  well, seeing the words Sakura, Syaoran,  and the phrase from a land called Clow i pretty much had no doubt it was S+S.  this excited me to no end and i rushed home to call my best friend with the news since we were both into CCS.   the next time i went to buy  xxxholic, i saw it crossed over with TRC.  i frantically looked for TRC but borders didn't have it at that time  -_-.  so i bought xxxholic for the four panels S+S were in.  it was only when i went to barns and noble that i saw and bought the first volume.  hooked ever since.  my best friend isn't as into it as i am, but she still enjoys reading it.

Offline Jas-chan

• Big Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 25 2005, 08:48 am »
Hmm...I was looking for a Christmas gift for one of my cousins whom I knew who was a huge hardcore fan of manga. A friend lent me a book to try (this was in Nov. yeah kinda late but) I don't remember the title band I looked at the ads for other books on the back and saw the summary for the 3rd vol. thinking "what the heck is going on" for I was a big fan of CCS . when i went home that day, I searched Tsubasa on Google and amazon and just started grinning a whole lot. Yep, I got the 1st volume for my cousin (a month in advance so I could read it, hehe)

Offline Lexi

• Obsessed Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 25 2005, 10:57 am »
Wow, even me thinking back to how I discovered TRC makes me wanna faint in shock all over again. It was such a strong case of love at first sight :heh:  *faints :love4:*

*regains consciousness*   Oh ya, and that friend of mine who owned that magazine with the Tsubasa chapter, she was a fan of the manga for a couple of months and then she lost interest -_-  So now I have nobody to talk to about TRC *except this beautiful forum of course* But nobody to scream to, "OMG! Tsubasa is the best!!!" kinda thing :sweatdrop: *When I told my friend about the Tsubasa anime a couple of weeks ago, she went, "So?"*  So!? :dodge:  Ok, I dont' wanna start with her. I'm still the bigger fan even if she did discover TRC first :XD:  *me ish such a selfish fangirl*