AuthorTopic: Lord of Tsubasa - a TRC / Lord of the Rings mashup  (Read 4079 times)

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
Lord of Tsubasa - a TRC / Lord of the Rings mashup
« on: June 21 2006, 08:53 am »
Yeah, I just thought one day that it had been a while since I last made a video. So I just decided to make this one for the hell of it. The video consists of raw footage from Tsubasa Chronicle, matched up and timed to the music and sounds of a Lord of the Rings trailer.

I got the idea from a guy who did something like this, except with a video game series called Halo (which hopefully some of you recognize).

It's still a rough draft, so it's nothing really super special. I slopped up in the last few minutes, because I was starting to become frustrated with Windows Movie Maker's crashing and I really wanted to just get it overwith (which won't happen again; I'm using Adobe Premiere for my final draft).

One of the hardest things for me was lip synching. You'll notice a lot of mistakes dabbled throughout the video, but I'll just say this: it's EVIL work, especially when the character isn't the only thing moving (like Shougo's kudan X_x).

Voices aren't entirely aligned with certain characters, even though I did try and restrict them to certain people. For instance, you'll hear Aragorn's voice come from Syaoran most of the time, but then one scene has Frodo's voice instead. And I know I'm gonna get a lot of spit for this later, so I'll just say it now: don't yell at me for making Gollum's voice come from Mokona. I couldn't think of anyone else.

Anyways, that's about it. Here's the standard file specifications.

Lord of Tsubasa - Tsubasa Chronicle (June 20, 2005)
    "Teaser Trailer" - Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    Size & Format: 10.4 MB, .wmv
    Running Time: 3:30
    Video Dimensions: 428 x 240
    Download: N/A
    Stream: ( Hi-res:
PutFile | Lo-res: YouTube )[/list]

Honestly, I'd recommend going for PutFile if your internet's fast enough. Steer clear of YouTube and it's quality-crashing conversion, unless you have a slow connection.

One last thing: Don't tell me it sucks. Tell me why it sucks, and what I can do to keep it from being so in the future. Thank you.

- - - - -

Contact info

AIM: TomokiHimi175
MSN: koujiminamoto114@yahoo.com (<-- this is NOT my E-mail address)
Yahoo!: takeruyamamoto114
E-mail: takeruyamamoto114@yahoo.com

Also featured on...

The Anime Network Forums - http://an.pokevillage.net/forums ( Thread: http://an.pokevillage.net/forums/index.php?topic=3103.0 )
CapturedWings Forums - http://www.capturedwings.net/forums ( Thread: http://www.capturedwings.net/forums/index.php?topic=3076.0 )
« Last Edit: June 21 2006, 09:08 am by Takeru Â¥amamoto »
The world won't give me a chance. I'm done asking for one.

Offline Ando

• Just wasting my days...
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Ando's profile is a non-smoking area.
Re: Lord of Tsubasa - a TRC / Lord of the Rings mashup
« Reply #1 on: June 21 2006, 09:54 am »
I love it! Kurogane as Gimli... :D The Gollum part was doubtlessly the best, so funny! You did very well in the end too, when it became more dramatic. I don't think the lipsync was bad at all - at most a little awkward at times. I know lipsyncing must be quite difficult, and with that in mind, yours was splendid. A suggestion though - when the VO says "our time here is ending. Arwen's time is ending. Let her go", I think it would be much more effectful with a shot of two hands being torn apart from each other (there must be quite alot of those in the anime, I'd say) or something similiar instead of just letting it fade to black at the "let her go". As it is now, I feel there's something missing at that part.

Oh, and I have so fond memories of this particular LotR trailer. I was quite ecstatic when TTT was about to air and I remember watching that trailer over and over and over again...
« Last Edit: June 22 2006, 01:34 am by Ando »
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Offline ishiyaki

• Dedicated Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 22 2006, 12:31 am »
GREAT!!!!!!!! OMG it's very funny! I loved Mokona as Gollum! Voices are perfect for clips you have put! very very nice!  do more!

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 22 2006, 02:48 am »
I'd also like to mention that if Funimation ever got a buttload of money from something, they should know that Frodo's actor, Elijah Wood, is perfect for Syaoran.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #4 on: June 24 2006, 04:14 am »
there was also something like this with the Azumanga Daioh characters combined with LotR music and voices....
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Hack

• LuckyStar
  • Dedicated Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 24 2006, 04:17 am »
LOL! funny!
i love this video..Mokona's the best!
*click to favorites* cookie  for the great video!
by me.

Offline tg

• Good Fan
  • Huh?
« Reply #6 on: June 24 2006, 04:42 am »
"What business does an elf (Fai), a man (Syaoran), and a dwarf (Kurogane)...."

Hahaha!!    I couldn't stop laughing from seeing this video twice.   So funny!!  ^o^   This is well done.   The lip-synching isn't so bad at all.   My jaw was already dropping just hearing all of the LotR voices coming through their mouths.   And yeah...  Mokona as Gollum!!  Oh no....
Mokona:  My precioussss... Puuu! 
Syaoran:  Huh? 
Mokona:  Uh uh...  Nothing...  My precioussss....
O.o

Offline Zeldi

• Former Staff
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • Independent Love Song
« Reply #7 on: June 24 2006, 05:11 am »
As a Big LOTR Fan that i am i'll just say O.O Syaoran is a perfect Frodo! ^^
It was really great x3. Lip-sync is really hard ^^;; but you did a great job! I would like to see more LOTR/Tsubasa crossovers XD.

*gives cookie*

but i also agree with Andy at this point:
"our time here is ending. Arwen's time is ending. Let her go", I think it would be much more effectful with a shot of two hands being torn apart from each other (there must be quite alot of those in the anime, I'd say) or something similiar instead of just letting it fade to black at the "let her go". As it is now, I feel there's something missing at that part.

Offline Takeru

• Former Staff
  • Obsessed Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 24 2006, 05:21 am »
What if I played that scene backwards? =P

Thanks for all the reviews, guys. I'm well underway to getting the final version finished. I've already started, and I threw in a few of your suggestions for good measure. You should see it in about a week or so.