AuthorTopic: Chapitre 96  (Read 7998 times)

moezychan

Re: Chapitre 96
« Reply #20 on: November 07 2005, 01:47 pm »
I just had a realization. Sakura's father is Clow Reed in TRC and Fujitaka Kinomoto is her father in CCS. And he's Syaoran's father in TRC. Is Tomoyo's mother still Sonami, or somebody else? I'm getting confused now.

Offline Meowzy

• cRAzY fan
  • Mystic catgirl
« Reply #21 on: November 07 2005, 10:05 pm »
yeah, it's very possible that they changed the parents for Tomoyo too.
kinda making me wonder who Sakura's mother is... hmmmm....

Credit for the siggie to bLuetopaz! Icon by me!
Do not be distraught. Always with the end, comes hope and rebirth.
Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline kraehe

• Not just a princess...
« Reply #22 on: November 09 2005, 12:24 pm »
... waaahhh!!! i did not understand this chapter at all... i'm confused, can someone help me? is tsukuyomi the same as tomoyo??? and, souma, does she have an eternal youth or something. and amaterasu... OMG! this is so confusing. the Empress of Japan? but i thought Japan was divided [Suwa, Shirasaki...] so then...

argh~! i reread it and i still couldn't understand what they were talking about...

and i want to cry for kurogane-kun... his past is so sad...

No matter where she goes, she's always a princess...
---
FFNet Account: Eriol x Tomoyo fangirl!!
rants of a demented writer
Tsubasa High <== join and support my LJ TRC RPG... pretty please... ^__^
---
"Why does such beauty can cause so much pain...?"

Offline Hira

• Good Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #23 on: November 09 2005, 03:35 pm »
... waaahhh!!! i did not understand this chapter at all... i'm confused, can someone help me? is tsukuyomi the same as tomoyo??? and, souma, does she have an eternal youth or something. and amaterasu... OMG! this is so confusing. the Empress of Japan? but i thought Japan was divided [Suwa, Shirasaki...] so then...

argh~! i reread it and i still couldn't understand what they were talking about...

and i want to cry for kurogane-kun... his past is so sad...
Okay... this might be able to help you understand Kuro-chan's world better...
Instead of basing the leaders upon actual Japanese history, it's based on Japanese mythology... Tsukiyumi and Amaterasu are the gods of Moon and Sun, respectively. (Though, technically, Tsukiyumi should've been Amaterasu's brother, not sister) Amaterasu is believed to have founded Japan, and her grandson was known to be the first emperor of Japan. Since Japanese legend says Amaterasu was the grandmother of their first emperor, it's only fair to let Amaterasu be Kuro's Empress. Plus, from the looks of it, she's too young to even be called "Nana" or "Grandma". During the early organization of Japan, I don't think such divisions you talked about even exist yet... do they? I dunno. I don't think Amaterasu is THAT great

I'm not sure about the non-aging thing, but as far as I know, CLAMP rarely draws old people... very, very rarely, there're... elders of Yasha and Kumolo tribes, Hoshimi-jiichan, Yuzuriha's grandma, Subaru's grandma... that's about all the old people they've ever drawn.
You wouldn't expect CLAMP to ruin the beauty of the characters they've drawn, right? Even in RG-Veda, when Taishakuten is "old", he still looks the same...
Hmm... maybe you can simply think that the leaders of Kuro-chan's world possess immortality the moment they ascend to the palace positions... That's how I'd see it, even though I know it's mostly because CLAMP doesn't want to destroy fan's image of Souma and Kendappa (Amaterasu)

Offline jadephoenix

• Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #24 on: November 14 2005, 12:17 am »
Wow, I'm only starting understand the depth of Kuro's loyalty to Tomoyo. Ginryuu is SO IMPORTANT and PRECIOUS to him and yet, he gave it up to go back to his world (...implicitly back to Tomoyo). Guess we'll soon be seeing just how did Tomoyo win him over so thoroughly.

Offline Yukitoyue

« Reply #25 on: November 14 2005, 01:32 am »
It is many clues about Kurogane that i never thought about before now.
When Kurogane said "did the Oni eat him with bones and all" he must have thought about his father.
The memory is still with him and he have much pain inside :cry:
I want to give him a big hug