AuthorTopic: The Rose of Vesailles  (Read 3754 times)

Offline Lady Oscar

• You will love me once you get to know me <3
The Rose of Vesailles
« on: April 11 2005, 09:03 pm »
The year is 1755. In this year, in three different European countries, three people are born who will be fated to meet at Versailles, (France). In the Scandinavian country of Sweden, Hans Axel von Fersen is born as the oldest son of a member of the Upper House who himself came from a noble family. He was blessed at his birth with a vast fortune, a high social rank, and a quiet kind of wisdom, in addition to manly beauty that quickened the heartbeats of every noblewoman at Versailles. Oscar François de Jarjayes was born in a noble mansion not far removed from Versailles. She was the last daughter of a distinguished family who had earned the trust of the royal family and control of the royal army.

... Master! She's been born! She's a beautiful, angelic princess!
General Jarjayes: Not another girl! This makes six children, all of them girls! Is the house of Jarjayes cursed? ****!
Our family of generals who command the army and protect the monarchy does not need any more girls!
... Master…
... Waaaaaaaaaahhhh!
General Jarjayes: She certainly is bawling as strongly as a boy…
... What do you think of her bright, beautiful face? How fine she will look, when she is grown!
General Jarjayes: I've made up my mind! Your name will be Oscar—a good name, is it not?
... But—that's a boy's name!
General Jarjayes: I will raise you to follow in my footsteps and become France's greatest general—Oscar, my son!

Finally, there is the tragic princess Marie Antoinette, cast into her destiny in the storm of history! Marie Antoinette Josephe Jeanne de Lorraine Autriche was born on November 2nd, 1755, the ninth daughter of Empress Maria Theresa of the nation of Austria, which rivaled France in power among European countries. Her mother, Maria Theresa, was a spirited woman with an unusually strong aptitude for government who set up a powerful government and firmly established the name of the Austria-Hapsburg dynasty. Marie Antoinette was raised deep inside Schِnbrunn Castle as the imperial princess of Austria, and grew to be generous, noble, graceful, and above all else beautiful.

Marchioness: Your time is up, Miss Antoinette. Has your essay been completed? Miss Antoinette! Miss Marie! Ah, Miss Marie! Please stop at once, your dress--Oh my, if your mother found you like this, I would—Miss Marie, please do not turn any more of my hair white! You told me you could not write your essay unless you were alone, and then—
Marie: I'm very sorry, Marchioness. My sisters just looked so happy playing there…please don't think that I didn't want to write my essay.
Marchioness: I know that very well! You just do not feel like studying history, or French, or piano, or singing.
Marie: I would truly like to make amends for neglecting my essay, but next I have piano lessons with Herr Gruch.
Would you ask him to let me write my essay now instead?
Marchioness: What touching words! Please wait a moment, I am certain that Herr Gruch would put your lesson off for a day.
Marie: Thank you, Marchioness.

More Later :D
« Last Edit: April 11 2005, 10:01 pm by Lady Oscar »
:female:

Deviantart
A place where I submit my fanart <3

LiveJournal
An online diary

Offline Lady Oscar

-Book One: Inside the Whirlpool of a New Destiny-
« Reply #1 on: April 11 2005, 10:00 pm »
Marchioness: Are you saying that the piano is more important than an essay? Do you not care about Miss Marie's skill in her own native language of German?
Herr Gruch: But it was your responsibility to make sure she did her studies within the allotted time!
Marchioness: I thought that her next class was French!
Herr Gruch: Miss Marie said that she wanted to do her reading first!
Marchioness: What in the world is going on?
Herr Gruch: She's tricked us all again!
Marchioness: No one has any chance against Miss Marie's sweet words!
Herr Gruch: If any person exists who would not have his heart stolen by Miss Marie's charming smile…
Marchioness: Then his heart would surely be made of stone!

When Antoinette was seven years old, the musical genius W. A. Mozart, who was six at the time, came to Schِnbrunn Castle for a recital in front of the Imperial family. It is told that Mozart proposed marriage to the charming Marie. Marie Antoinette's charm, which took prisoner each person she met, shined with a brightness that did not fade until her death.

Theresa: Kaunitz, you must not be so upset!
Kaunitz: Empress! As I have told you many times, the house of Hapsburg and the French house of Bourbon have been fighting for control of Europe for a long time. More war will do nothing but wear down both houses needlessly. 
Theresa: I myself am well aware that, rather than fighting with France, Austria should enter into an alliance with it. And so…
Kaunitz: There is only one way to a peaceful alliance between the countries, and that is for them to be joined in marriage by sending your youngest daughter, Marie Antoinette, to France as a bride.
Theresa: What? Antoinette? She hasn't even turned 11 yet!  Send her to that Louis XV? That womanizing old man?
Kaunitz: That is not what I meant, so please calm down…
Theresa: …Louis XV's grandson?
Kaunitz: The future Louis XVI. He is the Crown Prince of France, almost 12 years old. He is the ideal match.
Theresa: The Crown Prince of France…the future King…and my Marie… Of course!  Why had I not thought of that sooner? If she becomes the Crown Princess, then she can eventually become Queen…Is there any happier future for an Imperial Princess than to become Queen? Then the alliance between France and Austria will be assured!  Kaunitz, contact the Ambassador to France at once and have him find out Louis XV's intentions!
Kaunitz: Yes, Empress!

Deviantart

LiveJournal
An online diary

Offline Lady Oscar

Re: The Rose of Vesailles
« Reply #2 on: April 11 2005, 10:11 pm »
Meanwhile, at the palace of Versailles on the outskirts of Paris, Louis XV and his court official Joiejour (?) are thinking the same thing as Maria Theresa in Austria: for the French Crown Prince, the future Louis XVI, to be married to the Austrian princess Marie Antoinette, one year younger than him.

General Jarjayes: You're still not throwing yourself into it enough! Your balance is off!  That was too obvious!  You're not putting enough of your weight in!
Oscar: I've defeated you, father. Now let me have command of that platoon you promised me.

[General Jarjayes Attacks Oscar]

Oscar: That was unfair!
General Jarjayes: Ha ha ha! That is what happens when you get careless. You're not alert enough to be aware of a mean trick like that. I can't yet leave you in command of a platoon, Oscar.
Oscar: Damn! You still think of me as a kid and make a fool out of me! Well, just you wait!
General Jarjayes: Incidentally, Oscar…have you heard about the proposal for Austria's princess to come to France and become the Crown Princess?
Oscar: Austria's princess—would that be Empress Maria Theresa's daughter?
General Jarjayes: Yes, she is Marie Antoinette, who is turning eleven this year. It is said that her beauty is such that it throws the entire Austrian court into confusion.
Oscar: I've seen a portrait of her. She has those wonderful prim strong-willed lips characteristic of the Hapsburg family.
General Jarjayes: If she really does become the Crown Princess…you will probably become her protector, Oscar. From now on, you must work hard and put your heart into preparing for that day.
Oscar: Yes, father!

Deviantart

LiveJournal
An online diary

Offline scarecrow_wingz

• Super Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 11 2005, 10:44 pm »
O.o the father wants oscar to marry the princess??? how weird... strange enough i haven't heard this story...good job continue ASAP cos i'm intrigued - even though i can kinda guess what happens...
~when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth - Sherlock Holmes
~you are not what you are born, but what you choose to become - Professor Dumbledore

Offline Lady Oscar

« Reply #4 on: April 11 2005, 10:59 pm »
O.o the father wants oscar to marry the princess??? how weird... strange enough i haven't heard this story...good job continue ASAP cos i'm intrigued - even though i can kinda guess what happens...

oh no... He doesn't want her to marry the princess ^^; Since General Jarjayes wanted to have a boy he raised his daughter as one and made her join the royal army. He is trainning her to become stronger in order to be the princess's protector when she arrives to Versailles and marries the king Louis.

Sorry if I didn't make it clear =/

Deviantart

LiveJournal
An online diary