AuthorTopic: The Post Thread VII (AKA The Meaningless Thread)  (Read 107370 times)

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
Re: The Post Thread VII (AKA The Meaningless Thread)
« Reply #440 on: November 06 2005, 09:44 pm »
I don't find most jokes funny.

If I appear to laugh at a joke, most times I'm actually laughing at the person saying it (for thinking it was funny, when it wasn't)
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available

Offline Alexiel

• Formerly Angelic-Essence
  • "A True Fan"
Re: The Post Thread VII (AKA The Meaningless Threa
« Reply #441 on: November 07 2005, 12:48 am »
That's the main reason I laugh. rofl! Well, people have different thoughts to what is or isn't funny. Depends on your logic of a good joke also. :keke:
I normally listen to people, especially friends, about their problems. I never laugh at that. I'm pretty serious about things when I want to be. But unfortunately, that's a rare thing. :lol:

Now that you mention jokes, while I was with my relatives, I was talking to one of my cousins... She told me about the time she was donating blood. So the guy drawing out the blood was looking at her arms for a vien to draw the blood from... but he couldn't find it so he was kinda slapping her arms a few times (for an 'I don't know' reason...). He was like, 'You have very small viens...' My cousin was kinda outraged about the arm slapping so she got an attitude with him (who wouldn't? o.O), 'Then can you use the other arm? Just stop slapping my arm!' What do you think? Lol

Then there was the music... towards the end of the party, the DJ started putting on more modern songs... Now, this is a chinese wedding dinner party... so there are PLENTY of elderly people there... not that many kids... especially around their teens... probably younger. They started putting on songs like Michael Jackson's 'Don't Stop', 50 Cent songs, Usher, etc... Me, my brother, and cousins were laughing. Then I saw the DJ lip singing. I was like wth? Lol. Then he taught everyone how to do the electric slide... You should've seen it. Lol. I didn't dance of course... I probably would've embarrassed myself. :sweatdrop: Overall, the party was amusing. xD

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #442 on: November 07 2005, 04:25 am »
Now that you mention jokes, while I was with my relatives, I was talking to one of my cousins... She told me about the time she was donating blood. So the guy drawing out the blood was looking at her arms for a vien to draw the blood from... but he couldn't find it so he was kinda slapping her arms a few times (for an 'I don't know' reason...). He was like, 'You have very small viens...' My cousin was kinda outraged about the arm slapping so she got an attitude with him (who wouldn't? o.O), 'Then can you use the other arm? Just stop slapping my arm!' What do you think? Lol
they do that so you can actually SEE the veins.. it''s pretty standard procedure..
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• Dean Winchester is tied up in my closet!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • 100% Dean Winchester Obsessed!
« Reply #443 on: November 07 2005, 05:28 am »
Yeah, they did that with me when they had to test some of my blood.
I was so tense though so they kept going back and forth on each arm trying to find a vein, haha.
I'm not the biggest needle fan.
~--------~~--------~
Rest in peace my furry friend.
Cinnamon - November 15th, 1990 - January 21st, 2006
~--------------------~
-AV NOT made by me. Creater unknown.-

Offline monkey

• Puppy-kun
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • I'm not Cool, I just Pretend I am...
« Reply #444 on: November 07 2005, 06:15 am »
I don't mind needles :D feels kinda good if anything XD
Actually.. I wanna get another shot again just to experiance it again.. and maybe i could pretend to be really scared by screaming or something .. heh..
Express the unlimited beauty, within the limited beauty. Beautifully.

Offline Ruby Chan

• Yet Another Anime Obsessive
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
  • KuroFai Love
« Reply #445 on: November 07 2005, 06:18 am »
Needles are fine....plus, it's great when you come out of a school innoculation, because you can scare people by saying how much it 'hurt' and that the needle was 'this big!'.

I'm totally fine with needles or daisy pricks, as long as I'm not actually watching - I hate seeing the way your skin sometimes bubbles up when the liquid goes in!

My Fanfiction              AnimeFicathon             My LJ
FORUM FAMILY -  Hori ~ Little Sister    Sakaki ~ Big Sister    Fai ~ Little Sister    VexNet ~ Big Brother
OniiChanTouya - Little Sister    Zeldi ~ Cousin     Pikari ~ Big Sister   lika-chi ~ Cousin     AkaiYuki ~ Aunt        Dragonia ~ Cousin       soficacardcaptors ~ Big Sister      bLuetopaz ~ Big Sister       S.Espoire ~ Cousin      
Charme* ~ Little Sister        Starfire ~ Big Sister      Asuka-chan ~ Little Sister

Offline Star

• "A True Fan"
  • ~Hyuuu~
« Reply #446 on: November 07 2005, 06:20 am »
Ewww....  I hate geting blood drawn.  But I'm used to it from being sick often.   At least I don't scream or kick the nurse like some people I know.
Star's Art     ~   KuroFai: Vote or Die       It's not sane......it's not sane

~Forum Family! ~
Big Brothers:  VexNet,  Kasawa Lanford  Auntie: Sakaki 
Big Sisters: Sayora Chan, bLuetopaz, Mozey-Chan  
Little Sisters: Akai Yuki (Dr. Pepper Buddy) Ruby-Chan, Zeldi
Cousins: Hori, DirectorOfMusic  Twin Sister: Quimmy
***If you're my family and you seem to be missing PM me please!***

moezychan

« Reply #447 on: November 07 2005, 06:50 am »
I'm able to tell jokes and say things in a very indignant way that people can't help but laugh, but to get me to laugh is another thing entirely. The only thing that will get me to laugh or smile are my students. If anything, my laughter and cherry attitude is a cover-up. I get depressed too easily. I hate that.

As for having blood drawn, I don't mind the needle going in my arm, but I won't watch. I will donate blood to the Red Cross, because I have type O+ which is universal. I can give to everybody except for O-. Although since I have anemia, I'm not allowed to give for 6 more months. Doctors orders. I'm gonna hate that.

I really hated it in the hospital. I had to wear an IV tube, and the needle stayed in my arm for 2 days. The first night there, my arm started to hurt, because they put the needle right behind my elbow where the joint is. I wasn't allowed to bend my arm once, and I woke up with this sharp pain. They took the needle out and put it in my right arm, but at the top near my wrist. I was able to move it after that.

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #448 on: November 07 2005, 07:20 am »
I'm a wuss over the tiniest needles.
I remember when we had imunization shots at our school last year, I was sobbing hysterically.
Of course, I was freaking out so much I didn't even notice both needles (one in each arm [shiver]), haha!
But I was such a wuss I even brought my stuffed Cow, haah!
A ninth grader bringing a stuffed animal to school. That was my embarassment of the week, ahah!
~--------~~--------~
~--------------------~

moezychan

« Reply #449 on: November 07 2005, 07:27 am »
I'm a wuss over the tiniest needles.
I remember when we had imunization shots at our school last year, I was sobbing hysterically.
Of course, I was freaking out so much I didn't even notice both needles (one in each arm [shiver]), haha!
But I was such a wuss I even brought my stuffed Cow, haah!
A ninth grader bringing a stuffed animal to school. That was my embarassment of the week, ahah!

When I was in the hospital, I made my mom bring my favorite doll, and stuffed dolphin toy there. And I'm 22. If people don't like it, that's their problem.

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #450 on: November 07 2005, 07:44 am »
I asked my mom to do the same!
But she didn't want to drive all the way back home, get my stuffed cow, drive back, and pay for another parking ticket. Hhaa.
Oh well, I was already too drugged up to care.
~--------~~--------~
~--------------------~

Offline Cherry-chan

• Glomping, swooning, stalking, kidnapping, he's been through it all - My Syaoran <3
  • "A True Fan"
  • Syaoran! Where!?
« Reply #451 on: November 07 2005, 09:24 am »
Blah. Gonna get a flu shot on wednesday. The last time I got a needle was years ago, and I was bawling before the needle even came close to my arm. Hope it doesn't happen this time.
Live life. And love Syaoran. - Cherry-chan
I miss you all, it's unfortunate that I haven't been frequenting this site anymore, but I will keep you all very dear in my heart
I'll try to visit as much as I can.

moezychan

« Reply #452 on: November 07 2005, 09:29 am »
Blah. Gonna get a flu shot on wednesday. The last time I got a needle was years ago, and I was bawling before the needle even came close to my arm. Hope it doesn't happen this time.

Just don't think about it Cherry-chan, and you'll be fine! It only hurts for a second. I used to be terrified of needles, but now, I have no problem with them.

Offline Cherry-chan

• Glomping, swooning, stalking, kidnapping, he's been through it all - My Syaoran <3
  • "A True Fan"
  • Syaoran! Where!?
« Reply #453 on: November 07 2005, 09:33 am »
Thanks, moezy-chan! I'll try to think of happy, good things. Like Syaoran. Haha. :tongue3:
Live life. And love Syaoran. - Cherry-chan
I miss you all, it's unfortunate that I haven't been frequenting this site anymore, but I will keep you all very dear in my heart
I'll try to visit as much as I can.

moezychan

« Reply #454 on: November 07 2005, 09:36 am »
Thanks, moezy-chan! I'll try to think of happy, good things. Like Syaoran. Haha. :tongue3:

Yeah, that works! Me, I just start singing in my head when I'm getting a needle. Lately, I've been singing Somewhere Only We Know by Keane. Crystal_Wings got me into this song, and I can't get rid of it! I've become obsessed!

Offline Miss Jenni-Maie

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #455 on: November 07 2005, 09:37 am »
Just thinking about a needle freaks me out.
I remember the time I had to get a mole removed off of the back of my neck (they thought it was cancerous) and they were going to do a local (where they just numb it and do it while you're fully conscious). And I looked over and saw how massive the needle they were going to use to freeze my neck was. At first I was just like, "Okay, whatever....it'll be...fine,...HOLY CRAP THAT THING IS HUGE!"
And I just completely freaked out!
Hey! I was only ten!
So I made my mom reschedual at the hospital and they had to put me under to do it, haha. Good times.
~--------~~--------~
~--------------------~

Offline D.J.P

• Sakura is Mine!!
  • Administrator
  • > Supa-Dupa Fan! <
-- 'Expect the unexpected' -- Keroberos (Cardcaptor Sakura) --
-- To err is human; to really foul things up takes a computer. --
Robin Sena's Card Sets: Download Here (Last Updated: 12th May 2006 10.10PM AEST)
------------------------------------------------
I host this domain, be nice :) and Read the Forum Rules!
Avatar made by Sofiacardcaptors. Signature image by Bluetopaz
 My WoW Characters | Support CapturedWings.net | Web-Hosting Now Available