AuthorTopic: General Sakura x Syaoran Thread  (Read 50729 times)

Offline Hikari B.

• "Exceptional Fan"
Re: General Sakura x Syaoran Thread
« Reply #140 on: January 08 2006, 05:05 am »
Volume8 was one of my favs! Syaoran finally realizes how he feels about Sakura thanks to Yue and he looked so cute blushing and stuttering! ^__^ XD

Offline Sohru-san

• Sakura Syaoran Li
  • Good Fan
  • "I love Syaoran! Syaoran, you're my #1!"
« Reply #141 on: January 20 2006, 04:07 am »
I love it when a relationship starts out as hate and then they fall in love because its the least we expect.
Anime Dreams - An Anime Role-play site that involves CardCaptors Sakura and Tsubasa!

Precious Memories - The younger version of Syaoran and Sakura in TRC RPG, Card Captors Sakura Continues  RPG, Revelations - The pairings include MeilingxSyaoran, TomoyoxEriol, SakuraxYukito, etc. RPG

Offline Hikari B.

• "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #142 on: January 20 2006, 07:54 am »
I used to think that they would never get together when I watched Cardcaptors but I changed that thought when I read the manga. ^_^

Grr... Damn Nelvana... Cutting out the SS relationship...

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
« Reply #143 on: April 12 2006, 12:53 pm »
Spiraling out of the discussion, we are discussing the realism of their realtionship.
My opinion is that 10 year olds don't fall in love like that,my Uncle Bob claims that people don't know love until 16.
Yes,I can be stubborn but debate is fun!!! Who knows,I can change my mind if persauded.
The fewer the men,the greater the glory-Henry V

Offline bie liao

• Bishie of the moment : back on my Kamui spree
  • Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #144 on: April 12 2006, 12:57 pm »
In a lot of the fanfiction I saw before I became a CCS fan, I remember thinking, "Jeez, all of these stories involve Syaoran being a playboy of some kind...I wonder if that's the way he really is?" I came into reading it thinking that he was like that, then got surprised again when he was a somewhat cold but very sweet young boy.

And as to the reality of their relationship...what's realistic about a girl who can control magical cards and is the strongest magician on the Earth, all at the age of 10. Isn't it just as likely to fall in love at that age? I mean, look at Chiharu and Yamazaki. They've been together since kindergarten and they are still in love.

Puberty and conflicting emotions and feelings are going to be a problem for them, but aren't they problems for all teenage couples? All relationships go through problems, and just because they start off young doesn't mean that they can't get through it. I mean, they got through all of the CCS problems just fine. I think a few fights and different opinions are gonna be a piece of cake for those two.

I'm quoting myself from the other thread for everyone to see on here.

Why should love have an age limit?  Is there a switch you turn on at age 16 that says "Okay, now you can fall in love"?  We should be allowed to love whoever and whenever we want to.  When do you think people SHOULD fall in love, or KNOW love?  Does anyone really KNOW love?  We feel love, but it is intangible and greater than anything we will ever understand.

But that's almost too deep for Sakura and Syaoran.  I dunno.  If children can be the two most powerful magicians, (or very close up there) at the age of ten, I say what the heck, they may be mature enough to love each other too.
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

[ -  F o r u m  F a m i l y  - ]
Little sis - hikari_blaze ; babypigggy ; Okamirei ; wishingstarx
Big sis - Moon Li ; lilaznrycegurl ; Shiunu  ; Aya-chan
Aunt - pretty
Cousin - *+chibiwings+* ; Cherry-chan

My NEW Photobucket Account with never before seen graphics!

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
« Reply #145 on: April 12 2006, 01:05 pm »
There three types of love: agape,pyche and eros.It's Greek
Agape is spiritual love,when people say "God is love" this is what they mean.
Pyche is the emotional part of the love,which can often be blind but faithful.
Eros is the physical part, the kissing & hugging & otherthings,and the contents of the wallet come into play here too.

Which type is Sakura & Syaorans?

Offline bie liao

• Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #146 on: April 12 2006, 01:21 pm »
Do they really have to be a type of love?  Why can't they just BE in love?  They have a deep, emotional and physical connection of love, though we don't see the physical because they are ten.  How, in a world of billions of people, can we have only three kinds of love?  I'm not trying to broaden your mind or narrow it or whatever, but you can't possibly believe that if you love someone it has to be one of those three kinds of loves.

All of them seem to have a negativity, and isn't love (even with its fighting and compromises) supposed to be a positive thing?  It may cause bad effects, but love itself is pure and true.  Spiritual love...that has nothing to do with them, because the whole magic of CCS means almost any religions are crossed out.  Pyche: They have a very emotional relationship, but I don't think its blind at all.  They are young, but that makes them have a pure and sweet relationship with no physical attributes hampering it.  They don't love each other blindly; in the anime, yes it is rushed, but in the manga you can sort of feel a subtle change in her emotions that she's just now realizing are there.  As for Eros: They don't seem like a very feely-touchy couple, at least not now.
[ - Without a p a s t, and unable to see the f u t u r e, I am here in the p r e s e n t, believing in m y s e l f. - ]

The smile her highness gave me was so warm.  Just looking at it, I felt a warmth in my own chest.  I thought that I always, always wanted to see her smile. - Syaoran, TRC Volume 4

Aunt - pretty

moezychan

« Reply #147 on: April 12 2006, 01:27 pm »
Finally! I can give my input!

Ok, one thing I constantly remind people is the maturity that the Japanese culture has. What is not appropriate for a 10 year old here, may be appropriate in Japan. Also, the theme to Card Captor Sakura is personal growth. The characters are constantly growing in the series, and part of growth is falling in love. With this thought in mind I don't see any problem with two 10 year olds falling in love.

Continuing, Syaoran is extremely mature for his age. Manga reference:
Show content
In the manga he proves that he can take care of himself because he lives by himself. He is able to cook, clean, wake up for school on time, and even get good grades! Taking this into account, Syaoran has the maturity to fall in love and keep a relationship.

Offline Shiunu

• I've got a hole in me pocket!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #148 on: April 12 2006, 01:30 pm »
Good points moezy-chan! Now that I think about it, Syaoran does seem very mature! Based on the examples that you just gave.

Little Sisters: bie liao, babypigggy, Fai, and Okamirei
Fellow Beatle Fangirl: hoshisenshi ^^
Cousins: Hikari_Blaze, aishiteru, Moon Li
Me and bie liao are in love! We never give up on our guys! <3

Offline bie liao

• Dedicated Fan
  • Vampire + Love = Kamui
« Reply #149 on: April 12 2006, 01:30 pm »
I agree, moezy-chan!  Syaoran's maturity has always surprised and amused me, especially since he IS only 10, has apparently never lived by himself before, and is the only male in his family that we know of currently.  He's never asked for anything, gets good grades, keeps himself together, and still finds time to help Sakura whenever she needs it.

If that's not love, added with his blushing and almost adoration of her, then I don't know what is.

Aunt - pretty

Offline Hypercrabby

• All Your Syaorans are Belong to us
  • Big Fan
  • A Syaoran fanatic
« Reply #150 on: April 12 2006, 01:45 pm »
That's what I loved about Sakura and Syaoran! It was puppy love, better known in Japan as "hatsukoi". The first time kids fall in love, I find to be very special. When there's adult love, the innocence of it all is taken out. But for Sakura and Syaoran, it's their first time dealing with affection. Neither is worrying about the other being too used to dating, because they're both on the same page.
In a sense, that shows a little lack of maturity since they haven't experienced anything romantic before. At the same time, it takes maturity to say "okay, I love this person" and pursue them.

Offline Kuro-puppy

• The heart of red will be enfolded in wind......
  • Former Staff
  • *Freak Fan?!*
  • ElioXCarol forever!
« Reply #151 on: April 12 2006, 05:56 pm »
Spiraling out of the discussion, we are discussing the realism of their realtionship.
My opinion is that 10 year olds don't fall in love like that,my Uncle Bob claims that people don't know love until 16.
Yes,I can be stubborn but debate is fun!!! Who knows,I can change my mind if persauded.

then your uncle is wrong, i fell in love when i was 6 years old, so much for his theory!

anywayz, the S&S relationship....

well Syaoran is very mature and in the anime,
Show content
he takes until ep 57 to sort out his feelings for her
, and Sakura loved him (2nd movie is all the proof i need that she loves him!), altough i'm not sure about it being hatsukoi since Sakura used to have a crush on Yukito remember, so it wasn't exactly her first time i think

or does the Yukito bit don't count since he didn't love her back *confused*
Join Zeldi's Forum

avatar and signature made by Zeldi

Forum Family:
Forum Wife ~ -=kuro_woof=-              Little Sis ~ Aya-chan
Little Bro ~ Kuri-san                                        another beloved Little Sis ~ Zeldi
Vampire Lover nicole_shimun

On an ephemeral evening, I tell a story to my friend.

Reflected behind my closed eyelids is a sweet field. Dauntless, I embrace you lovingly. I am together with you.

Out of love, I forge a pact with you. Like a breath, the wind will envelop you. You and I will be together wherever we go.

The heart of red will be enfolded in wind and forge the contract.

Offline Hypercrabby

• All Your Syaorans are Belong to us
  • Big Fan
  • A Syaoran fanatic
« Reply #152 on: April 13 2006, 12:04 am »
Yeah, I wasn't counting Sakura's crush on Yukito. That wasn't returned love or true love, after all...

Offline Star Wings

• Obsessed Fan
  • I love anime so much I can watch it all day! ^_^
« Reply #153 on: April 13 2006, 12:09 am »
Finally! I can give my input!

Ok, one thing I constantly remind people is the maturity that the Japanese culture has. What is not appropriate for a 10 year old here, may be appropriate in Japan. Also, the theme to Card Captor Sakura is personal growth. The characters are constantly growing in the series, and part of growth is falling in love. With this thought in mind I don't see any problem with two 10 year olds falling in love.

Continuing, Syaoran is extremely mature for his age. Manga reference:
Show content
In the manga he proves that he can take care of himself because he lives by himself. He is able to cook, clean, wake up for school on time, and even get good grades! Taking this into account, Syaoran has the maturity to fall in love and keep a relationship.

I also agree with moezy-chan too. Syaoran really is mature.  He doesn't really seem like a 10 year old though because of that. I'm not sure if Yukito counts either, but remember when Sakura told Yukito her real feelings towards him?  He then asked her if her feelings towards him is the same kind of feelings she has towards her dad, and she said yes. So Yukito is like a family member to her. It was sweet of Syaoran though to comfort her when she was crying over the fact that Yukito didn't return her love.
*Forum Family*

Mother: Moon Li
                       Cool Big Sis: Ashlee, Wishingstarx
                       Kawaii Little Sis:Moonflower
                       Cousin: xOLight_AngelOx

Offline Hikari B.

• "Exceptional Fan"
« Reply #154 on: April 13 2006, 01:00 am »
I suppose Syaoran is mature but Sakura's kinda childish... Then again, there's the Rika and Terada relationship. I guess Sakura can learn little by little from Syaoran and grow up to be mature.

Gaah, the possibilities of fanfictions... X3

moezychan

« Reply #155 on: April 13 2006, 04:27 am »
^ In response to that, it's a good thing that Sakura is childish in a sense. It helps even out the relationship. Sakura and Syaoran are exact opposites, and opposites attract. After all, Syaoran was able to learn how to appreciate life from Sakura, and in turn, Sakura was beginning to show how to deal with difficult situations from Syaoran.

Offline Nightbird

• New Fan
  • Decepticon Queen
« Reply #156 on: April 13 2006, 07:38 am »
That is interesting seeing as that girls mature at an earlier age then boys.

Maybe I'm just so used to the comic relationships when the guy gets girl,guy cheats on girl,has baby with another girl; it's how the Industry keeps people reading.

I'll let this lie,as it is pointless to waste energon on something like this.

As for Terada & Rika's relatonship ,all the words I can think of begin in regard to thembegin with the letter 'I'.

moezychan

« Reply #157 on: April 13 2006, 08:01 am »
As for Terada & Rika's relatonship ,all the words I can think of begin in regard to thembegin with the letter 'I'.

Let's let that stop at this point. We're not allowed to discuss Terada's & Rika's relationship in here. This is strictly for Sakura & Syaoran.

Offline Shiunu

• I've got a hole in me pocket!
  • "Die-Hard Fan!"
« Reply #158 on: April 13 2006, 12:41 pm »
Nice points everyone! I totally agree with what you guys are saying. They do make a perfect match because like moezy-chan said, they are opposites so they sort of balance off each other and it makes the relationship work.

Wow there are so many things to analyze now.

Little Sisters: bie liao, babypigggy, Fai, and Okamirei
Fellow Beatle Fangirl: hoshisenshi ^^
Cousins: Hikari_Blaze, aishiteru, Moon Li
Me and bie liao are in love! We never give up on our guys! <3

Offline Star Wings

• Obsessed Fan
  • I love anime so much I can watch it all day! ^_^
« Reply #159 on: April 13 2006, 04:10 pm »
So they both will need to look after one another and since they are difference they can learn from each other as they grow in their relationship.
*Forum Family*

Mother: Moon Li
                       Cool Big Sis: Ashlee, Wishingstarx
                       Kawaii Little Sis:Moonflower
                       Cousin: xOLight_AngelOx