AuthorTopic: What CLAMP said about the KxF Question!!  (Read 9370 times)

Offline Sakaki

• "Die-Hard Fan!"
Re: What CLAMP said about the KxF Question!!
« Reply #20 on: November 17 2006, 09:26 am »
For anyone who missed it the first time:

Before things get out of hand here, let's please stick to discussing the article. This thread is not going to turn into a 'who heard what' pairing debate.

Offline dark_persian

• New Fan
  • Personal text here! Edit this on your profile page.
« Reply #21 on: November 21 2006, 09:58 pm »
Yes, let's stay on topic. ^^
There was a lot of speculation on CLAMP's reply to that question. I linked to this article (kindly posted by Mela) because it completely disproves the main idea that was going round the Internet - that was that CLAMP had totally rubbished the KuroxFai pairing and told fans that they were delusional, which, of course, never happened! Also, it proves that CLAMP did understand the question.

CLAMP was never going to answer the question either way! Just as they wouldn't answer either way if someone had asked if Sakura and Syaoran would end up together at the end of the manga. CLAMP are notoriously ambiguous and they were never going to give away spoilers!!

I just found it amusing that the only panel question that she mentions in that interview was that one! And she seemed to get a kick out of the audience reaction!

Remember Hideki Campaign: Chi's one and only 'Someone Just for Me'.

Offline Mairi

« Reply #22 on: November 21 2006, 10:48 pm »
I always wonder how much Clamp researches about their fans. XD Like, do they ever check out fansites? Look at fanart? Read fanfics? I guess they probably don't have time (or are scared of the bad fanart/fanfics), but they must be a little curious as to what the general thoughts of TRC's fans are. It's probably expected that they don't check out many English sites (and don't speak that much english as stated in Satsuki's column), so they probably didn't have a very good idea what the fans over here were interested in, compared to Japanese fans.

Admittedly, North American fans can be loud when it comes to their fandom. At conventions I've been to, yaoi is HUGE, and many fans are...not so reserved in stating that ^_^;;. You can't go to a Kingdom Hearts/Naruto/Tsubasa cosplay photoshoot without it turning into a mini Yaoi-con. In comparison to Japanese conventions, the fans here are very vocal and active in their yaoi-ness (even though that isn't really a word?). XD

So, Clamp comes over here, has no idea how the fans are going to react, and as soon as the Kurogane/Fai question comes up, everyone goes deaf from the cheering. They were probably taken aback at the time, and remember that question over the others for several reasons. Kuro/Fai seems to be a popular Japanese pairing, as well Korean (going by Satsuki's BL (boylove) comment in one of the other Chipmunk Cheeks articles), but on the opposite side of the planet, the fans feel the same way even if they are quite loud about it.

Umm.... I forgot what my point was. Sorry. XD I'm sure I had one when I started, but then I got sidetracked. Hopefully this is ontopic enough?

Offline Kazemon15

• Neku obessed! WEWY Rocks!. =3
  • Obsessed Fan
  • Currently Digimon obessed. =3
« Reply #23 on: November 22 2006, 05:43 am »

I just found it amusing that the only panel question that she mentions in that interview was that one! And she seemed to get a kick out of the audience reaction!

As I stated before, of course they would remember that one question because of all the fans screaming. I cant even remember the other questions because of all the quietness. And anyone would love to have a crowd of screaming fans at their feet...I know I would. ^^

Kurogane: My whole being exists for my master's sake;
my whole being belongs to my master.
I here vow to live by only that on my true name that none but my master knows.
KT anyone? ^_^
AMVs
Fanart
I am a member of Syaoran-Shrine group | TSubasa group
"Someone who understands, admires and loves you isn't a fan; it's a friend." - Kai Hiwatari, Beyblade G Revolution
Manga scan color artist found. < Click to see one scans
Sorry, my fellow Tsubasa fans, Digmon will always be number one above Tsubasa for me. =3

Offline Tsu-girl

• Good Fan
  • Look into my eye and tell me what You see...
« Reply #24 on: November 22 2006, 06:46 am »
Hmm, I don't think that CLAMP would directly answer this sort of question. This group just loves mysteries and I would be really suprised, if they changed their style...

Avoiding a direct answer is just like CLAMP. That's why most of people could think that they're confused.

Gomen for my bad english >.<

Offline Toge-chan

• Squuueeee.
« Reply #25 on: November 22 2006, 01:53 pm »
This is sorta good, we, the KuroFai fans, know it's possible that they end up in something serious, however, they didn't say it's a 100% thing. It's just our fandom, for now. I really hope it turns big, that would really be great!

CLAMP wouldn't let their fans down... it doesn't sound like them, imo. They just left the speculations, so that we can still have fun with the manga. It's not like they'll spoil all the hints...  becuase then... it wouldn't be fun.

Anyhoo, I, at least, just got more into the ship thanks to this. ^_^
Avvie made by me. It sucks, I know. xD;